|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(a) His boys.
(c) The new year.
2. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A business owner.
(b) A professor.
(c) A plantation owner.
(d) A principal.
3. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver and Harwick talk mostly about?
4. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A thorny rose.
(c) A toad.
(d) A burr.
5. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
2. What was interesting to Carver about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
3. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
4. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
5. What was Curtis's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
2. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
3. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
4. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
5. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
6. How did Carver die?
7. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
8. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
9. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
10. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)