|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A best friend.
(d) A mentor.
2. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A record of our lives.
(c) A judge.
(d) A broadcast system.
3. In "Veil-Raisers," who did Booker t. Washington write notes to?
(a) Family members.
(c) All of these.
(d) Faculty members.
4. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(b) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
(c) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
(d) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
5. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
(d) Water and soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Curtis's first name?
2. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
3. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
4. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
5. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)