|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was a shame.
(b) It was an attrocity.
(c) It was an honor.
(d) It was a step.
2. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
(a) It wasn't meant for him.
(b) It was poisoned.
(c) All of these.
(d) It wasn't ripe yet.
3. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
(a) Hardwick was moving.
(b) Hardwick was married.
(c) Hardwick was sick.
(d) Hardwck was quitting.
4. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They went to the same school.
(b) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
(c) They were both brilliant.
(d) They had opposite back grounds.
5. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) The Pope.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
2. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
3. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
4. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
5. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
2. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
3. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
4. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
5. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
6. What was "Moton Field" about?
7. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
8. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
9. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
10. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)