|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The barn.
(b) The poultry yard.
(c) A studio.
(d) A lab.
2. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) A street corner.
(b) The woods.
(c) His garden.
(d) A greenhouse.
3. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
(b) Mother Nature.
(c) The devil.
4. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
(a) It was dropped by sea faring birds.
(b) It was smuggled by slaves.
(c) It was brought by the pilgrims.
(d) It was traded from India.
5. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(a) Wild vegetables.
(b) Bread and water.
(d) Flowers and bulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
2. How did Carver feel about sewing?
3. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
4. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
5. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
2. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
3. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
4. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
5. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
6. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
7. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
8. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
9. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
10. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)