|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
2. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By turning the other cheek.
(b) By spreading universal good.
(c) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
(d) By educating themselves.
3. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
(a) His binding tie to Earth.
(b) The mother of all.
(c) A conserver.
(d) His destiny.
4. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
(a) He was younger.
(b) He was white.
(c) He was poor.
(d) He was older.
5. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) The black doctors.
(b) His friend in the Klan.
(c) The reporters.
(d) The black veterans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
2. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
3. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
4. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
5. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
2. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
3. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
4. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
5. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
6. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
7. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
8. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
9. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
10. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)