|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) The woods.
(b) His garden.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A street corner.
2. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Turning his back on the black community.
(b) Not having children.
(c) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(d) Basing his work on inspiration.
3. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) To be kind to allies.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To accept criticism.
(d) To go without dessert.
4. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A large fire.
(d) A comet.
5. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
(a) A flower.
(b) A shrub.
(c) A vine.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of climate does the "Arachis Hypogaea" like?
2. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
3. What was Curtis's first name?
4. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
5. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
2. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
3. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
4. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
5. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
6. What was "Moton Field" about?
7. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
8. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
9. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
10. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)