|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By spreading universal good.
(b) By educating themselves.
(c) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
(d) By turning the other cheek.
2. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) He had bi-weekly meetings.
(b) He got daily telegrams.
(c) He got weekly phonecalls.
(d) He had monthly visits.
3. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) The reporters.
(b) The black veterans.
(c) His friend in the Klan.
(d) The black doctors.
4. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) A letter.
(b) A song.
(c) An article.
(d) A journal entry.
5. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
(a) Mother Nature.
(b) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
2. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
3. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
4. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
5. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
2. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
3. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
4. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
5. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
6. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
7. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
8. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
9. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
10. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)