|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Booker T. Washington die?
2. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) A plane crash.
(b) A comet.
(c) A large fire.
(d) An eclipse.
3. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) Tell stories.
4. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) A journal entry.
(b) A letter.
(c) An article.
(d) A song.
5. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) A mean one.
(b) An infant.
(c) A white one.
(d) An old one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
2. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
3. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver and Harwick talk mostly about?
4. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
5. Where was Carver speaking in "Eureka"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
2. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
3. How did Carver die?
4. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
5. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
6. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
7. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
8. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
9. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
10. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)