|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
(a) He asked for the nick-name.
(b) He looked like Carver.
(c) He was very short.
(d) He saw him as a son.
2. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) A burr.
(b) A snake.
(c) A toad.
(d) A thorny rose.
3. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) An article.
(b) A journal entry.
(c) A letter.
(d) A song.
4. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(b) The new year.
(c) His boys.
5. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
2. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
3. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
4. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
5. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
2. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
3. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
4. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
5. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
6. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
7. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
8. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
9. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
10. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)