|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
2. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
3. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) His office.
(b) His bed.
(c) His classroom.
(d) The hospital.
4. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
(a) Will be back later.
(b) Do not disturb.
(c) Busy. Move on.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
5. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The barn.
(b) A lab.
(c) The poultry yard.
(d) A studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
2. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
3. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
4. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
5. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
2. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
3. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
4. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
5. How did Carver die?
6. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
7. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
8. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
9. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
10. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)