|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
(c) War monuments.
(d) Government buildings.
2. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
3. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) A box of minerals.
(b) A text book.
(c) A billfold.
(d) A diamond.
4. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
(a) A mentor.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A best friend.
5. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
(a) All of these.
(b) Nothing goes to waste.
(c) Nobody understands them all.
(d) All is for man's good.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
2. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
3. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
4. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
5. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)