|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to fertilize fields.
(b) How to use peanuts.
(c) How to burn stubbled fields.
(d) How to dehydrate food.
2. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) A large fire.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A comet.
(d) An eclipse.
3. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) A classroom.
(b) A ship.
(c) A train.
(d) A jail cell.
4. In "Veil-Raisers," who did Booker t. Washington write notes to?
(b) Faculty members.
(c) All of these.
(d) Family members.
5. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
(c) The devil.
(d) Mother Nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
2. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
3. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
4. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
5. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
2. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
3. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
4. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
5. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
6. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
7. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
8. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
9. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
10. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)