|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) They made phone calls.
(b) They sent telegrams.
(c) They had annual reunion.
(d) They sent letters.
2. When did Booker T. Washington die?
3. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Inspired him to move.
(b) Reminded him of virtue.
(c) Helped him feel alive.
(d) Restored his faith in humanity.
4. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
(a) He was white.
(b) He was younger.
(c) He was older.
(d) He was poor.
5. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
2. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
3. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
4. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
5. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
2. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
3. How did Carver die?
4. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
5. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
6. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
7. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
8. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
9. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
10. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)