|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Veil-Raisers," what did Carver write in his room at night?
(b) Lesson plans.
(c) Book reviews.
(d) Journal entries.
2. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) To accept criticism.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To be kind to allies.
(d) To go without dessert.
3. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(a) Flowers and bulbs.
(c) Wild vegetables.
(d) Bread and water.
4. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
(a) Hardwick was moving.
(b) Hardwck was quitting.
(c) Hardwick was sick.
(d) Hardwick was married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
2. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
3. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
4. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
5. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
2. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
3. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
4. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
5. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
6. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
7. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
8. How did Carver die?
9. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
10. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)