|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(d) Booker T. Washington.
2. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
(a) He would go to Heaven.
(b) He would be reincarnated.
(c) He would haunt Tuskegee.
(d) He would go to another Earth.
3. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
(a) A mentor.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A best friend.
4. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
5. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
2. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
3. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
4. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
5. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
2. How did Carver die?
3. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
4. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
5. What was "Moton Field" about?
6. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
7. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
8. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
9. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
10. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)