|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
(a) A broadcast system.
(b) A record of our lives.
(c) A judge.
(d) A good friend.
2. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
(a) Leave his room.
(c) Go to labs.
(d) All of these.
3. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(d) Every night.
4. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Susan Jensen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
2. When did Booker T. Washington die?
3. What was Hardwick's first name?
4. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
5. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
2. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
3. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
4. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
5. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
6. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
7. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
8. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
9. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
10. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)