|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) A classroom.
(c) A ship.
(d) A train.
2. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) They made phone calls.
(b) They had annual reunion.
(c) They sent telegrams.
(d) They sent letters.
3. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
4. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to use peanuts.
(b) How to dehydrate food.
(c) How to burn stubbled fields.
(d) How to fertilize fields.
5. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By educating themselves.
(b) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
(c) By turning the other cheek.
(d) By spreading universal good.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Booker T. Washington die?
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
3. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
4. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
5. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did someone try to offend Carver in "House of Ways and Means"?
2. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
3. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
4. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
5. What was "Moton Field" about?
6. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
7. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
8. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
9. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
10. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)