|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) To go without dessert.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To accept criticism.
(d) To be kind to allies.
2. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Inspired him to move.
(b) Restored his faith in humanity.
(c) Reminded him of virtue.
(d) Helped him feel alive.
3. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) The woods.
(b) A greenhouse.
(c) A street corner.
(d) His garden.
4. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
5. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The barn.
(b) The poultry yard.
(c) A lab.
(d) A studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver and Harwick talk mostly about?
2. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
3. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
4. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
5. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
2. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
3. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
4. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
5. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
6. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
7. What was "Moton Field" about?
8. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
9. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
10. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)