|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They went to the same school.
(b) They were both brilliant.
(c) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
(d) They had opposite back grounds.
2. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Helped him feel alive.
(b) Restored his faith in humanity.
(c) Inspired him to move.
(d) Reminded him of virtue.
3. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
(a) He would be reincarnated.
(b) He would go to Heaven.
(c) He would go to another Earth.
(d) He would haunt Tuskegee.
4. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
(a) A roll.
(b) A piwheel.
(c) A dive.
(d) A loop.
5. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
(a) Carver had sold them.
(b) Foxes had eaten them.
(c) John had freed them.
(d) Children had sniped them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
2. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
3. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
4. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
5. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
2. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
3. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
4. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
5. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
6. In "My Dear Spiritual Boy," how did Carver meet the person it talked about?
7. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
8. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
9. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
10. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)