|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A vegetable.
(b) A tree.
(c) A flower.
(d) A fertilizer.
2. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They invited questions.
(b) They were something to think about.
(c) They displayed his skills.
(d) They were useful.
3. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A mossy river.
(c) A bath tub.
(d) A coffin.
4. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
5. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
(a) The Pope.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
2. What did Carver say would destroy a person in "Goliath"?
3. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
4. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
5. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
2. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
3. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
4. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
5. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
6. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
7. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
8. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
9. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
10. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)