|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
(a) Peanut oil.
(b) Castor oil.
(c) Rose oil.
(d) Lavender oil.
2. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A bath tub.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A mossy river.
3. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) To be kind to allies.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To accept criticism.
(d) To go without dessert.
4. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His nephews.
(b) His students.
(c) His cousins.
(d) His church youth.
5. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His Alma Mater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
2. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
3. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
4. When did Booker T. Washington die?
5. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
2. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
3. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
4. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
5. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
6. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
7. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
8. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
9. What was "Moton Field" about?
10. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)