|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) A ship.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A train.
2. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Andrew Curtis.
(d) Henry Ford.
3. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
(a) A conserver.
(b) His binding tie to Earth.
(c) His destiny.
(d) The mother of all.
4. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By educating themselves.
(b) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
(c) By turning the other cheek.
(d) By spreading universal good.
5. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
2. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
3. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
4. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
5. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
2. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
3. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
4. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
5. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
6. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
7. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
8. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
9. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
10. What did Carver say about God in "The Wild Garden"?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)