|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
(c) Water and soul.
2. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
(a) Foxes had eaten them.
(b) Children had sniped them.
(c) Carver had sold them.
(d) John had freed them.
3. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A professor.
(b) A business owner.
(c) A plantation owner.
(d) A principal.
4. In "Veil-Raisers," who did Booker t. Washington write notes to?
(a) Faculty members.
(c) All of these.
(d) Family members.
5. What was interesting to Carver about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was a new right.
(b) It was scary to think he would fall.
(c) It was as high as a black man had been.
(d) It was amazing his skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
2. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
3. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
4. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
5. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Carver die?
2. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
3. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
4. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
5. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
6. How and when did Carver learn about Moses's death?
7. Why did Carver write to Mrs. Hardwick?
8. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
9. What did Moses say to Carver in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
10. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)