|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Maria Bentley's.
(b) John Bentley's.
(c) Susan Carver'y.
(d) Moses Carver's.
2. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
(a) A traitor.
(b) An anomaly.
(c) An artist.
(d) A pilgrim.
3. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
(a) The store.
(b) A church meeting.
(c) The garden.
(d) His mother's cupboard.
4. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
5. How old was Mary when she was sold into slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
2. What tone was "My People" written in?
3. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
4. How did Watkins meet Carver?
5. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Egyptian Blue?
2. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
3. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
4. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
5. In "From an Alabama Farmer," what is Carver thanked for?
6. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
7. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
8. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
9. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
10. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)