|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
2. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
3. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) The garden.
(c) The store.
(d) A dream.
4. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The dorms.
(b) The classroom.
(c) The Cafeteria.
(d) The courtyard.
5. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
4. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
5. Where was Carver born?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
2. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
3. What confuses Carver so much in "Coincidence"?
4. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
5. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
6. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
7. What is "Cercospora" about?
8. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
9. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
10. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)