|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Carver hope to honor with his work in "Odalisque"?
(a) The professors at Tuskagee.
(b) Black people.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
2. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
(b) A bill of sale.
(c) A photograph of his mother.
3. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The dorms.
(b) The Cafeteria.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The classroom.
4. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
(a) Tuskagee Institute.
(b) Simpson College.
(d) Rosevill University.
5. What tone was "My People" written in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
2. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
3. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
4. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
5. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
2. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
3. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
4. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
5. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
6. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
7. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
8. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora," and why was Carver so excited about it?
9. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
10. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)