|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A professor.
(b) A student.
(c) A janitor.
2. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
(a) A flower.
(b) A button.
(c) A cotton fluff.
(d) A watch chain.
3. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Toy makers.
(b) Paint companies.
(c) Art Institutes.
(d) Fabric Manufacturers.
4. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
5. What did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" say Geroge did in the fields?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
2. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
3. What was John Bentley hired to do?
4. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
5. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Cafeteria Food," what did Carver say he could always count on?
2. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
3. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
4. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
5. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
6. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
7. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
8. What is "Cercospora" about?
9. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
10. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)