|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
2. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
(a) A flower.
(b) A cotton fluff.
(c) A watch chain.
(d) A button.
3. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) Some ewes.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) A student.
(d) Some dogs.
4. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
5. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
2. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
3. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
4. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
5. Who was Moses Carver?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
2. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
3. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
4. What is "Cercospora" about?
5. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
6. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
7. What is Egyptian Blue?
8. What was "Drifter" about?
9. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
10. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)