|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She cares about a black child.
(b) She forgives Susan.
(c) She is afraid of black people.
(d) She doesn't own property.
2. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
3. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
(a) He had bigger rooms.
(b) He got paid more.
(c) They thought he looked down on him.
(d) All of these.
4. What was Carver's nickname in College?
5. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
(a) The way he absorbed information.
(b) The way he fit in.
(c) The way he looked at the world.
(d) The way he got others to like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
2. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
3. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
4. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
2. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
3. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
4. What confuses Carver so much in "Coincidence"?
5. What gave Carver hope in "Poultry Husbandry"?
6. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
7. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
8. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
9. What is "Cercospora" about?
10. What was "My People" about?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)