|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pammel's occupation?
2. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) Black Terrace.
(b) Slave Corner.
(c) A College Dorm.
(d) Poverty Row.
3. What is the name of Carver's brother?
4. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(b) The ocean.
(c) The sky.
5. What was Carver's nickname in College?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
2. How did Watkins meet Carver?
3. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
4. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
5. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
2. What was "My People" about?
3. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
4. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
5. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
6. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
7. What is Egyptian Blue?
8. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
9. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
10. What was "Drifter" about?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)