|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A song.
(c) A speech.
(d) A letter.
2. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) Other students.
(b) The janitors.
(d) The faculty.
3. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) To get a ride on the train.
(c) To slow the train.
(d) To send a message.
4. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
5. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
(a) The garden.
(b) The store.
(c) His mother's cupboard.
(d) A church meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
2. What is the name of Carver's brother?
3. What was John Bentley hired to do?
4. What tone was "My People" written in?
5. What religious group did Carver join in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
2. What is Egyptian Blue?
3. In "From an Alabama Farmer," what is Carver thanked for?
4. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
5. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
6. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
7. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
8. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
9. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
10. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)