|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
(a) Brought out the best in them.
(b) Insulted them.
(c) Inspired them.
(d) Embarrassed them.
2. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
(a) Not forgetting his roots.
(b) Creating the agricultural program.
(c) Teaching black students.
(d) Showing someone how to fertilize fields.
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
4. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He was older.
(b) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(c) He graduated from a white school.
(d) He was a recruiter.
5. What did Miss Bud teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
2. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
3. How did Helen Winterset feel about Carver?
4. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
5. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "Drifter" about?
2. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
3. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
4. What is Egyptian Blue?
5. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
6. In "Cafeteria Food," what did Carver say he could always count on?
7. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
8. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
9. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
10. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)