|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Carver's brother?
2. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
(a) A barn.
(b) A fence.
(c) A house.
(d) A wagon.
3. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
(a) Inspired them.
(b) Embarrassed them.
(c) Insulted them.
(d) Brought out the best in them.
4. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Pledge.
(b) The Class poem.
(c) The Class Registry.
(d) The Class Anthem.
5. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) The faculty.
(b) Other students.
(d) The janitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
2. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
3. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
4. Who was "1905" about?
5. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
2. In "Cafeteria Food," what did Carver say he could always count on?
3. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
4. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
5. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
6. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
7. What was "My People" about?
8. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
9. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
10. What is "Cercospora" about?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)