|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He taught literary lessons.
(b) He sold his paintings.
(c) He washed clothes.
(d) He plowed fields.
2. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was black.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He was sick.
(d) He was loud.
3. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(b) The ocean.
(d) The sky.
4. What did Miss Bud teach?
5. What did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" say Geroge did in the fields?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
2. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
3. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
4. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
5. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
2. In "God's Little Workshop," what was Carver busy doing?
3. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
4. What did most white nurses do in "Friends in the Klan"?
5. What were some of the things Carver did while in the car in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
6. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
7. What did Carver tell Hardwick he thought would happen to him when he died?
8. How did Carver honor Ford in "Mineralogy"?
9. In "Cafeteria Food," what did Carver say he could always count on?
10. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)