|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
(a) All of these.
(b) He got paid more.
(c) They thought he looked down on him.
(d) He had bigger rooms.
2. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
(a) When she read his writing.
(b) When she heard him read.
(c) When she saw him holding a flower.
(d) When she saw him work so hard at school.
3. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
4. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A lump of clay.
(b) All of these.
(c) A stone foundation.
(d) A frescoed wall.
5. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
(a) His purpose in life.
(b) The reason for his brother's death.
(c) The reason for his daughter's birth.
(d) His talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
2. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
3. What is an invertebrate?
4. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
5. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
2. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
3. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
4. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
5. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
6. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
7. What is "The Lace-Maker" about?
8. In "My Beloved Friend," what did Carver praise Hardwick for?
9. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
10. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)