|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To send a message.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To get a ride on the train.
(d) To slow the train.
2. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) A student.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) Some dogs.
(d) Some ewes.
3. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
(a) A button.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cotton fluff.
(d) A watch chain.
4. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
(a) His purpose in life.
(b) The reason for his daughter's birth.
(c) His talent.
(d) The reason for his brother's death.
5. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moses Carver?
2. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
3. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
4. What did Carver write for his College class?
5. What is an invertebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
2. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
3. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
4. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
5. What is "Cercospora" about?
6. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
7. What was "Drifter" about?
8. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
9. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
10. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)