|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Carver's nickname in College?
2. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) Black Terrace.
(b) Slave Corner.
(c) A College Dorm.
(d) Poverty Row.
3. In "Drifter," what was Carver on a quest for?
(a) His family.
4. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Friendship doctor.
(b) Spiritual doctor.
(c) Plant doctor.
(d) Tree doctor.
5. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He was a student of his.
(b) He bought him as a slave.
(c) He hired him at his laundromat.
(d) He took him as a boarder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What society in College did Carver organize?
2. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
3. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
4. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
5. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Booker T. Washington offend Carver in "The New Rooster"?
2. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
3. In "Veil-Raisers," how did Carver see the continuation of his race?
4. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
6. What was Carver's view of God in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
7. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
8. How did Carver respond to the death of Booker T. Washington?
9. Why was Curtis called "Baby Carver"?
10. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)