|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
(a) A writing studio.
(b) A painting studio.
(c) A green house.
(d) A labratory.
2. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
3. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
4. How did Jim die?
(a) He had polio.
(b) He had small pox.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was hanged.
5. What was Carver's nickname in College?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
2. What was Pammel's occupation?
3. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
4. What did Carver write for his College class?
5. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused a student to doubt God in "Goliath"?
2. What were all the honors Carver received in "Out of the Fire"?
3. In "The Joy of Sewing," what caused people to laugh at Carver, and how did he respond to this?
4. What was "My People" about?
5. What came of the experiments in "The Penol Cures"?
6. What was "The Dimensions of the Milky Way" about?
7. In "Lovingly Sons," what did Carver's boys say he did for them?
8. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
9. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
10. Who was Ol' John in "Chicken-Talk"?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)