|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Plant doctor.
(b) Friendship doctor.
(c) Tree doctor.
(d) Spiritual doctor.
2. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A barn.
(c) A fence.
(d) A house.
3. What did Pammel call Carver?
(a) A Freak of Nature.
(b) The Black Darwin.
(c) God's Gift to Teachers.
(d) A Path to Freedom.
4. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was loud.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He was sick.
(d) He was black.
5. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Moses Pederson.
(c) Frederick Wilson.
(d) Susan Weaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Carver's brother?
2. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
3. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
4. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
5. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Egyptian Blue?
2. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
3. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
4. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
5. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
6. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
7. What was "Drifter" about?
8. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
9. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
10. What is "Cercospora" about?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)