|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What society in College did Carver organize?
(a) The Artistry in Motion Society.
(b) The Freedom Speaking Society.
(c) The Agricultural Society.
(d) The Diversity Society.
2. What was Carver's nickname in College?
3. What was Pammel's occupation?
4. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
(c) South Carolina.
5. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(b) A janitor.
(c) A professor.
(d) A student.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
2. How did Helen Winterset feel about Carver?
3. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
4. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
5. What did Carver write for his College class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Cercospora" about?
2. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
3. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
4. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
5. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
6. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
7. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
8. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
9. What was "My People" about?
10. What was "Drifter" about?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)