|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
2. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
3. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Tree doctor.
(b) Spiritual doctor.
(c) Plant doctor.
(d) Friendship doctor.
4. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were foreigners.
(b) They were disabled.
(c) They were too smart.
(d) They were black.
5. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
(a) The future.
(b) How things were a hundred years back.
(c) The tiny organisms all around them.
(d) All their possibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
2. Where was Carver born?
3. What was Pammel's occupation?
4. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
5. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
2. What is Egyptian Blue?
3. In "From an Alabama Farmer," what is Carver thanked for?
4. What confuses Carver so much in "Coincidence"?
5. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
6. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
7. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
8. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
9. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
10. What was "Drifter" about?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)