|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the train in "Coincidence" delayed?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
2. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
(a) The store.
(b) His mother's cupboard.
(c) The garden.
(d) A church meeting.
3. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
(a) When she saw him work so hard at school.
(b) When she read his writing.
(c) When she heard him read.
(d) When she saw him holding a flower.
4. Who did Carver hope to honor with his work in "Odalisque"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) Black people.
(d) The professors at Tuskagee.
5. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Pledge.
(b) The Class poem.
(c) The Class Anthem.
(d) The Class Registry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an invertebrate?
2. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
3. How did Jim die?
4. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
5. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gave Carver hope in "Poultry Husbandry"?
2. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
3. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
4. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
5. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
6. What was "Drifter" about?
7. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
8. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
9. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
10. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)