|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
(a) How things were a hundred years back.
(b) The tiny organisms all around them.
(c) The future.
(d) All their possibilities.
2. What is the name of Carver's brother?
3. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
(b) Marilyn Nelson.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) One of Carver's black colleages.
4. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
(a) Poultry Farming.
(b) The Theory of Relativity.
(c) Germination fo Flowers.
5. Who was Moses Carver?
(a) Carver's father.
(b) A local priest.
(c) A slave trader.
(d) The owner of Carver's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
2. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
3. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
4. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
2. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
3. What gave Carver hope in "Poultry Husbandry"?
4. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
5. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
6. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
7. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
8. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
9. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
10. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)