|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
(a) A green house.
(b) A painting studio.
(c) A labratory.
(d) A writing studio.
2. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
(a) She is his mother's friend.
(b) He boarded with her.
(c) They studied together.
(d) They were in a relationship.
3. How did Jim die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He had polio.
(c) He was hanged.
(d) He had small pox.
4. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Susan Weaver.
(c) Frederick Wilson.
(d) Moses Pederson.
5. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was loud.
(b) He was black.
(c) He was tired.
(d) He was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
2. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
3. What was the name of Carver's mother?
4. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
5. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver do in "Chemistry 101"?
2. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
3. What was "Drifter" about?
4. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
5. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
6. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
7. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
8. In "From an Alabama Farmer," what is Carver thanked for?
9. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
10. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)