|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
(a) His purpose in life.
(b) The reason for his daughter's birth.
(c) His talent.
(d) The reason for his brother's death.
2. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Marilyn Nelson.
(d) One of Carver's black colleages.
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
(a) They were hungry.
(b) They were dirty.
(c) They were sick.
(d) They were bored.
4. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
5. What did Pammel call Carver?
(a) A Freak of Nature.
(b) A Path to Freedom.
(c) The Black Darwin.
(d) God's Gift to Teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
2. Who was "1905" about?
3. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
4. What was John Bentley hired to do?
5. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
2. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
3. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
4. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
5. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
6. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
7. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
8. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
9. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
10. What was "Drifter" about?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)