|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Fabric Manufacturers.
(b) Paint companies.
(c) Art Institutes.
(d) Toy makers.
2. What did Pammel call Carver?
(a) God's Gift to Teachers.
(b) The Black Darwin.
(c) A Path to Freedom.
(d) A Freak of Nature.
3. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
(a) They thought he looked down on him.
(b) He had bigger rooms.
(c) He got paid more.
(d) All of these.
4. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
(a) The dump.
(b) A garden.
(c) A labratory.
(d) The river.
5. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
(a) He boarded with her.
(b) They were in a relationship.
(c) They studied together.
(d) She is his mother's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
2. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
3. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
4. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
5. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
2. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
3. What gave Carver hope in "Poultry Husbandry"?
4. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
5. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
6. In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," where did George find the knife?
7. In "From an Alabama Farmer," what is Carver thanked for?
8. What confuses Carver so much in "Coincidence"?
9. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
10. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)