|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He taught literary lessons.
(b) He washed clothes.
(c) He sold his paintings.
(d) He plowed fields.
2. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A student.
(c) A professor.
(d) A janitor.
3. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
(a) The dump.
(b) A school courtyard.
(c) A forest.
(d) Crop fields.
4. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
(a) The corn.
(b) All of these.
(d) The rain.
5. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
2. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
3. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
4. Who was Moses Carver?
5. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
2. In "Cafeteria Food," what did Carver say he could always count on?
3. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
4. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
5. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
6. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
7. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
8. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
9. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
10. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)