|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Carver born?
2. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A speech.
(c) A song.
(d) A letter.
3. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
(a) Teaching black students.
(b) Not forgetting his roots.
(c) Showing someone how to fertilize fields.
(d) Creating the agricultural program.
4. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
(a) The faculty.
(b) His parents.
(c) White men.
5. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
(b) A photograph of his mother.
(d) A bill of sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
2. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
3. How old was Mary when she was sold into slavery?
4. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
5. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
2. What is "Cercospora" about?
3. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
4. What was "My People" about?
5. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
6. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
7. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
8. What did Carver discover in "Four a.m. in the Woods"?
9. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
10. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)