|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
(a) He reveled the truth in his work.
(b) He was inventive and creative.
(c) All of these.
(d) His work was laced with a sense of loss.
2. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A stone foundation.
(b) A frescoed wall.
(c) A lump of clay.
(d) All of these.
3. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To slow the train.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To get a ride on the train.
(d) To send a message.
4. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through agriculture.
(b) Through legislation.
(c) Through equality.
(d) Through education.
5. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carver's nickname in College?
2. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
3. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
4. What society in College did Carver organize?
5. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
2. In "Washboard Wizard," what was Carver good at?
3. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
4. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
5. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
6. What offended the narrator of "Odalisque"?
7. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
8. What did Mary Carver's bill of sale say in "Beside Reading"?
9. What is "Cercospora" about?
10. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)