|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
(a) A snap dragon.
(b) A carnation.
(c) A peony.
(d) A rose.
2. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Maria Bentley's.
(b) John Bentley's.
(c) Susan Carver'y.
(d) Moses Carver's.
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
4. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
(a) The reason for his brother's death.
(b) His talent.
(c) His purpose in life.
(d) The reason for his daughter's birth.
5. What is an invertebrate?
(a) An armored reptile.
(b) A kind of worm.
(c) A creature with no back bone.
(d) A sea creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
2. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
3. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
4. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
5. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
2. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
3. What confuses Carver so much in "Coincidence"?
4. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
6. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader say was strange about Carver?
7. What happened in "The Perceiving Self"?
8. What was "My People" about?
9. In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," what did Carver say about a flower?
10. In "Dawn Walk," why did Carver have such a hard time teaching the black students at Tuskagee?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)