|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Maria Bentley's.
(b) Susan Carver'y.
(c) John Bentley's.
(d) Moses Carver's.
2. How old was Mary when she was sold into slavery?
3. What is the name of Carver's brother?
4. How did Helen Winterset feel about Carver?
(a) She adored him.
(b) She hated him.
(c) She was worried about him.
(d) She was afraid of him.
5. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
(a) Teaching black students.
(b) Showing someone how to fertilize fields.
(c) Not forgetting his roots.
(d) Creating the agricultural program.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
2. How did Watkins meet Carver?
3. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
4. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
5. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carver do for former slaves in "1905"?
2. In "Washboard Wizard," why was Carver not going to college?
3. What did Carver do while courting Sarah?
4. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
5. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," how did Helen help Carver?
6. What did Pammel say Carver did for others in "Green-Thumb Boy," and why was this so strange at this time?
7. What made Carver so well-liked in college?
8. In "The Last Rose of Summer," what did Carver say led to his piano lessons?
9. In "Cafeteria Food," what did Carver say he could always count on?
10. What confuses Carver so much in "Coincidence"?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)