|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
(a) His work was laced with a sense of loss.
(b) All of these.
(c) He reveled the truth in his work.
(d) He was inventive and creative.
2. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(b) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
(c) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
(d) They were the first free generation.
3. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
(a) An artist.
(b) A pilgrim.
(c) An anomaly.
(d) A traitor.
4. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(b) The sky.
(c) The ocean.
5. Who was "1905" about?
(b) Isaac Newton.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Albert Einstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Carver's mother?
2. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
3. What was John Bentley hired to do?
4. What was Pammel's occupation?
5. What society in College did Carver organize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "My People" about?
2. In "From an Alabama Farmer," what is Carver thanked for?
3. In "The Prayer of Miss Budd," what was Miss Budd praying for?
4. How did Carver embarrass someone in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
5. What achievement did Carver accomplish in "A Charmed Life"?
6. What did Carver say there was beauty in in "Clay"?
7. What is Egyptian Blue?
8. What was Carver asked to do in "Called"?
9. What is "Cercospora" about?
10. What was "Drifter" about?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)