|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
(a) The stars.
(b) Black couples walking.
(c) The trees in the wind.
(d) The lines of his face.
2. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
(a) They were not bright enough to work with him.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was afraid of plagiarism.
(d) He liked working alone.
3. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
(a) Will be back later.
(b) Busy. Move on.
(c) Do not disturb.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
4. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
5. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
(a) He was very short.
(b) He saw him as a son.
(c) He asked for the nick-name.
(d) He looked like Carver.
6. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(d) Tell stories.
7. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
(a) His binding tie to Earth.
(b) A conserver.
(c) His destiny.
(d) The mother of all.
8. How did Carver feel about sewing?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He saw it as a weak spot.
(d) He saw it as a challenge.
9. What did Carver say would destroy a person in "Goliath"?
(c) All of these.
10. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(b) His boys.
(c) The new year.
11. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) An infant.
(b) A white one.
(c) An old one.
(d) A mean one.
12. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) His friend in the Klan.
(b) The black veterans.
(c) The reporters.
(d) The black doctors.
13. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A principal.
(b) A business owner.
(c) A plantation owner.
(d) A professor.
14. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to burn stubbled fields.
(b) How to fertilize fields.
(c) How to use peanuts.
(d) How to dehydrate food.
15. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(b) Booker T. Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
2. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
3. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
4. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
5. When did Booker T. Washington die?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)