|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
(a) It was traded from India.
(b) It was smuggled by slaves.
(c) It was brought by the pilgrims.
(d) It was dropped by sea faring birds.
2. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A business owner.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A professor.
(d) A principal.
3. How did Carver feel about sewing?
(a) He saw it as a challenge.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He saw it as a weak spot.
(d) He loved it.
4. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A flower.
(c) A vine.
(d) A shrub.
5. What was Hardwick's first name?
6. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They were something to think about.
(b) They displayed his skills.
(c) They invited questions.
(d) They were useful.
7. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Andrew Curtis.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
8. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
(b) War monuments.
(d) Government buildings.
9. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) A translator.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A cot.
(d) A watermelon.
10. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
(a) They were not bright enough to work with him.
(b) All of these.
(c) He liked working alone.
(d) He was afraid of plagiarism.
11. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) A large fire.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A comet.
(d) An eclipse.
12. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A vegetable.
(b) A tree.
(c) A fertilizer.
(d) A flower.
13. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
(b) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(c) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
(d) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
14. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
15. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
(c) Susan Jensen.
(d) Booker T. Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
2. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
3. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
4. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
5. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)