|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) He got daily telegrams.
(b) He got weekly phonecalls.
(c) He had bi-weekly meetings.
(d) He had monthly visits.
2. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Not having children.
(b) Basing his work on inspiration.
(c) Turning his back on the black community.
(d) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
3. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
(a) As a dreamy mist person.
(b) As a changing deity.
(c) As a white man.
(d) As a black man.
4. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By educating themselves.
(b) By spreading universal good.
(c) By turning the other cheek.
(d) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
5. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
6. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
(a) His binding tie to Earth.
(b) The mother of all.
(c) His destiny.
(d) A conserver.
7. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(a) Bread and water.
(b) Wild vegetables.
(d) Flowers and bulbs.
8. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver and Harwick talk mostly about?
9. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
(a) A best friend.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A mentor.
10. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
11. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(a) Birch seeds.
12. How did Carver feel about sewing?
(a) He saw it as a weak spot.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He saw it as a challenge.
13. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) To be kind to allies.
(b) To accept criticism.
(c) To go without dessert.
(d) To be respectful.
14. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) At the University of Chicago.
(b) By the Smithsonian.
(c) At Tuskegee.
(d) In New York.
15. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
(b) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(c) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
(d) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
2. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
3. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
4. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
5. What did Carver say would destroy a person in "Goliath"?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)