|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(b) The new year.
(c) His boys.
2. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
3. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) A box of minerals.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A text book.
(d) A billfold.
4. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) A studio.
(b) The barn.
(c) A lab.
(d) The poultry yard.
5. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Not having children.
(b) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(c) Turning his back on the black community.
(d) Basing his work on inspiration.
6. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) At Tuskegee.
(b) By the Smithsonian.
(c) At the University of Chicago.
(d) In New York.
7. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(d) Every night.
8. What was Curtis's first name?
9. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
10. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
11. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
(a) Castor oil.
(b) Rose oil.
(c) Peanut oil.
(d) Lavender oil.
12. In "Veil-Raisers," who did Booker t. Washington write notes to?
(a) Family members.
(b) All of these.
(c) Faculty members.
13. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) A watermelon.
(b) A translator.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A cot.
14. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They were something to think about.
(b) They were useful.
(c) They invited questions.
(d) They displayed his skills.
15. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
(a) Nobody understands them all.
(b) All of these.
(c) Nothing goes to waste.
(d) All is for man's good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
2. What did Carver say would destroy a person in "Goliath"?
3. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
4. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
5. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)