|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
(a) Will be back later.
(b) Do not disturb.
(c) Busy. Move on.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(d) Tell stories.
3. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
(a) They were not bright enough to work with him.
(b) He was afraid of plagiarism.
(c) All of these.
(d) He liked working alone.
4. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) An article.
(d) A journal entry.
5. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(b) His boys.
(c) The new year.
6. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
7. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Andrew Curtis.
8. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Basing his work on inspiration.
(b) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(c) Not having children.
(d) Turning his back on the black community.
9. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A business owner.
(b) A principal.
(c) A professor.
(d) A plantation owner.
10. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was an honor.
(b) It was an attrocity.
(c) It was a step.
(d) It was a shame.
11. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
12. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
13. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
(c) Small Pox.
14. What was interesting to Carver about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was as high as a black man had been.
(b) It was a new right.
(c) It was scary to think he would fall.
(d) It was amazing his skill.
15. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
(a) Fused lapels.
(b) Red shirts.
(d) Second hand suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
2. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
3. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
4. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
5. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)