|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
(a) He was very short.
(b) He saw him as a son.
(c) He looked like Carver.
(d) He asked for the nick-name.
2. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By turning the other cheek.
(b) By educating themselves.
(c) By spreading universal good.
(d) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
3. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
(a) The lines of his face.
(b) The stars.
(c) The trees in the wind.
(d) Black couples walking.
4. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
(a) Hardwick was sick.
(b) Hardwick was moving.
(c) Hardwck was quitting.
(d) Hardwick was married.
5. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) A box of minerals.
(b) A billfold.
(c) A text book.
(d) A diamond.
6. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
(a) It wasn't ripe yet.
(b) It wasn't meant for him.
(c) All of these.
(d) It was poisoned.
7. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A bath tub.
(c) A mossy river.
(d) A rocking chair.
8. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
9. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) A greenhouse.
(b) The woods.
(c) A street corner.
(d) His garden.
10. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) At Tuskegee.
(b) In New York.
(c) At the University of Chicago.
(d) By the Smithsonian.
11. What was Hardwick's first name?
12. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was a step.
(b) It was an attrocity.
(c) It was a shame.
(d) It was an honor.
13. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
14. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) He got weekly phonecalls.
(b) He had monthly visits.
(c) He got daily telegrams.
(d) He had bi-weekly meetings.
15. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His students.
(c) His nephews.
(d) His church youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
2. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
3. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
4. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
5. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)