|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
(a) A loop.
(b) A roll.
(c) A dive.
(d) A piwheel.
2. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They had opposite back grounds.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
(d) They were both brilliant.
3. When did Booker T. Washington die?
4. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) An article.
(b) A journal entry.
(c) A letter.
(d) A song.
5. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) Speaking tours.
(c) Farming presentations.
(d) Bible studies.
6. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The barn.
(b) A lab.
(c) A studio.
(d) The poultry yard.
7. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) A train.
(b) A classroom.
(c) A ship.
(d) A jail cell.
8. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
9. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
10. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
(a) It wasn't meant for him.
(b) It wasn't ripe yet.
(c) All of these.
(d) It was poisoned.
11. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A billfold.
(c) A box of minerals.
(d) A text book.
12. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His nephews.
(b) His church youth.
(c) His students.
(d) His cousins.
13. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(a) Flowers and bulbs.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Wild vegetables.
14. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Reminded him of virtue.
(b) Helped him feel alive.
(c) Inspired him to move.
(d) Restored his faith in humanity.
15. What was interesting to Carver about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was amazing his skill.
(b) It was scary to think he would fall.
(c) It was as high as a black man had been.
(d) It was a new right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
2. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
3. In "Driving Mr. Carver," who did Zissler and Carver drive with?
4. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
5. What was Curtis's first name?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)