|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
(a) A record of our lives.
(b) A broadcast system.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A judge.
2. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to dehydrate food.
(b) How to fertilize fields.
(c) How to use peanuts.
(d) How to burn stubbled fields.
3. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
(a) The devil.
(c) Mother Nature.
4. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(a) Birch seeds.
5. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) He had bi-weekly meetings.
(b) He had monthly visits.
(c) He got weekly phonecalls.
(d) He got daily telegrams.
6. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(b) Wild vegetables.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Flowers and bulbs.
7. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
(a) It wasn't ripe yet.
(b) All of these.
(c) It was poisoned.
(d) It wasn't meant for him.
8. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(c) Every night.
9. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They had opposite back grounds.
(b) They were both brilliant.
(c) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
(d) They went to the same school.
10. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) Andrew Curtis.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Henry Ford.
11. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
(b) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
(c) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(d) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
12. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(a) The new year.
(d) His boys.
13. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
(a) Hardwck was quitting.
(b) Hardwick was moving.
(c) Hardwick was married.
(d) Hardwick was sick.
14. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
15. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
(a) Go to labs.
(b) Leave his room.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
2. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
3. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
4. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
5. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)