|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His students.
(b) His church youth.
(c) His cousins.
(d) His nephews.
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) Tell stories.
3. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
(a) It wasn't ripe yet.
(b) It wasn't meant for him.
(c) It was poisoned.
(d) All of these.
4. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
(a) It was only for blacks.
(b) It had white nurses and black doctors.
(c) It was for all veterans.
(d) It was free.
5. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Not having children.
(b) Basing his work on inspiration.
(c) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(d) Turning his back on the black community.
6. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(b) Every night.
7. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was an attrocity.
(b) It was an honor.
(c) It was a step.
(d) It was a shame.
8. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
9. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
10. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
11. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
(a) Within us.
(b) In nature.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) In our minds.
12. In "Veil-Raisers," what did Carver write in his room at night?
(b) Lesson plans.
(c) Journal entries.
(d) Book reviews.
13. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
14. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
(a) It was brought by the pilgrims.
(b) It was smuggled by slaves.
(c) It was traded from India.
(d) It was dropped by sea faring birds.
15. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) His classroom.
(b) His office.
(c) His bed.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
2. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
3. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
4. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
5. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)