|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was an honor.
(b) It was a shame.
(c) It was a step.
(d) It was an attrocity.
2. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Andrew Curtis.
(d) Henry Ford.
3. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(c) Tell stories.
4. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) A letter.
(b) A song.
(c) An article.
(d) A journal entry.
6. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(d) Birch seeds.
7. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
(a) All of these.
(b) They were not bright enough to work with him.
(c) He was afraid of plagiarism.
(d) He liked working alone.
8. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) The black veterans.
(b) His friend in the Klan.
(c) The black doctors.
(d) The reporters.
9. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
(b) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(c) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
(d) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
10. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(b) Bible studies.
(c) Farming presentations.
(d) Speaking tours.
11. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They were something to think about.
(b) They displayed his skills.
(c) They invited questions.
(d) They were useful.
12. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
(a) He would go to Heaven.
(b) He would haunt Tuskegee.
(c) He would go to another Earth.
(d) He would be reincarnated.
13. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Basing his work on inspiration.
(b) Turning his back on the black community.
(c) Not having children.
(d) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
14. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A vegetable.
(b) A fertilizer.
(c) A flower.
(d) A tree.
15. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
2. In "Veil-Raisers," what did Carver write in his room at night?
3. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
4. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
5. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)