|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver call nature?
(a) A conserver.
(b) His binding tie to Earth.
(c) His destiny.
(d) The mother of all.
2. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A professor.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A business owner.
(d) A principal.
3. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
(d) Small Pox.
4. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(b) Andrew Curtis.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
5. In "Veil-Raisers," who did Booker t. Washington write notes to?
(a) Faculty members.
(b) Family members.
(c) All of these.
6. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
(a) He asked for the nick-name.
(b) He was very short.
(c) He looked like Carver.
(d) He saw him as a son.
7. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
8. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) At the University of Chicago.
(b) By the Smithsonian.
(c) At Tuskegee.
(d) In New York.
9. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His bed.
(c) His classroom.
(d) His office.
10. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His Alma Mater.
11. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(b) Not having children.
(c) Basing his work on inspiration.
(d) Turning his back on the black community.
12. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A text book.
(c) A billfold.
(d) A box of minerals.
13. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
(a) He would haunt Tuskegee.
(b) He would be reincarnated.
(c) He would go to Heaven.
(d) He would go to another Earth.
14. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
15. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
2. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
3. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
4. In "Veil-Raisers," what did Carver write in his room at night?
5. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)