|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) A lab.
(b) The poultry yard.
(c) A studio.
(d) The barn.
2. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
(a) Hardwick was moving.
(b) Hardwck was quitting.
(c) Hardwick was married.
(d) Hardwick was sick.
3. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
(a) A piwheel.
(b) A roll.
(c) A dive.
(d) A loop.
4. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(d) Every night.
5. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A shrub.
(c) A vine.
(d) A flower.
6. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(b) Flowers and bulbs.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Wild vegetables.
7. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
(b) The Pope.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) George Washington.
8. What was interesting to Carver about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was amazing his skill.
(b) It was scary to think he would fall.
(c) It was as high as a black man had been.
(d) It was a new right.
9. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Andrew Curtis.
10. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
(b) Small Pox.
11. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
12. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) In New York.
(b) By the Smithsonian.
(c) At Tuskegee.
(d) At the University of Chicago.
13. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(b) Basing his work on inspiration.
(c) Not having children.
(d) Turning his back on the black community.
14. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
(a) It was traded from India.
(b) It was dropped by sea faring birds.
(c) It was smuggled by slaves.
(d) It was brought by the pilgrims.
15. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
(b) Government buildings.
(c) War monuments.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
2. What kind of climate does the "Arachis Hypogaea" like?
3. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
4. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
5. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)