|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) A greenhouse.
(b) A street corner.
(c) The woods.
(d) His garden.
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(d) Tell stories.
3. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
4. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
5. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His nephews.
(b) His cousins.
(c) His students.
(d) His church youth.
6. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They were useful.
(b) They were something to think about.
(c) They displayed his skills.
(d) They invited questions.
7. In "Driving Mr. Carver," who did Zissler and Carver drive with?
8. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) His bed.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His classroom.
(d) His office.
9. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
10. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
(a) Rose oil.
(b) Lavender oil.
(c) Castor oil.
(d) Peanut oil.
11. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
12. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) An old one.
(b) An infant.
(c) A white one.
(d) A mean one.
13. How did Carver feel about sewing?
(a) He saw it as a challenge.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He saw it as a weak spot.
14. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The poultry yard.
(b) A studio.
(c) A lab.
(d) The barn.
15. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
(a) A shrub.
(b) A tree.
(c) A vine.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hardwick's first name?
2. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
3. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
4. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
5. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)