|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
(a) Foxes had eaten them.
(b) John had freed them.
(c) Children had sniped them.
(d) Carver had sold them.
2. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) Tell stories.
3. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
(a) Red shirts.
(b) Fused lapels.
(c) Second hand suits.
4. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
(a) Small Pox.
5. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
(a) As a white man.
(b) As a black man.
(c) As a dreamy mist person.
(d) As a changing deity.
6. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Restored his faith in humanity.
(b) Reminded him of virtue.
(c) Inspired him to move.
(d) Helped him feel alive.
7. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) They had annual reunion.
(b) They made phone calls.
(c) They sent letters.
(d) They sent telegrams.
8. When did Booker T. Washington die?
9. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
(a) A bath tub.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A mossy river.
10. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
(a) They were not bright enough to work with him.
(b) He was afraid of plagiarism.
(c) All of these.
(d) He liked working alone.
11. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(c) His boys.
(d) The new year.
12. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
(a) Castor oil.
(b) Peanut oil.
(c) Rose oil.
(d) Lavender oil.
13. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His bed.
(c) His office.
(d) His classroom.
14. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
15. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
(a) A piwheel.
(b) A loop.
(c) A dive.
(d) A roll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
2. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
3. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
4. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
5. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)