|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what was Carver so surprised about?
(a) Hardwck was quitting.
(b) Hardwick was married.
(c) Hardwick was moving.
(d) Hardwick was sick.
2. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
(a) His father.
(b) His Alma Mater.
(d) His mother.
3. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(b) Bible studies.
(c) Speaking tours.
(d) Farming presentations.
4. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) He got weekly phonecalls.
(b) He had bi-weekly meetings.
(c) He had monthly visits.
(d) He got daily telegrams.
5. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A thorny rose.
(c) A burr.
(d) A toad.
6. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) At Tuskegee.
(b) At the University of Chicago.
(c) By the Smithsonian.
(d) In New York.
7. Why did the person in "A Patriarch's Blessing" tell Carver not to pick the fruit?
(a) It wasn't meant for him.
(b) It was poisoned.
(c) All of these.
(d) It wasn't ripe yet.
8. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A mossy river.
(c) A bath tub.
(d) A rocking chair.
9. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
10. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
11. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
(a) He was older.
(b) He was younger.
(c) He was poor.
(d) He was white.
12. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A vegetable.
(b) A flower.
(c) A tree.
(d) A fertilizer.
13. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
14. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They went to the same school.
(b) They were both brilliant.
(c) They had opposite back grounds.
(d) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
15. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) To go without dessert.
(b) To be kind to allies.
(c) To accept criticism.
(d) To be respectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
2. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
3. How did Carver feel about sewing?
4. When did Booker T. Washington die?
5. Where was Carver speaking in "Eureka"?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)