|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) A vegetable.
(d) A fertilizer.
2. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
(a) It was free.
(b) It was for all veterans.
(c) It was only for blacks.
(d) It had white nurses and black doctors.
3. What was Curtis's first name?
4. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A cot.
(d) A translator.
5. What did Carver say would destroy a person in "Goliath"?
(d) All of these.
6. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
(a) All of these.
(b) Leave his room.
(d) Go to labs.
7. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to fertilize fields.
(b) How to use peanuts.
(c) How to burn stubbled fields.
(d) How to dehydrate food.
8. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
(a) The lines of his face.
(b) Black couples walking.
(c) The trees in the wind.
(d) The stars.
9. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(d) Birch seeds.
10. Where was Carver speaking in "Eureka"?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angelos.
11. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
(a) A flower.
(b) A shrub.
(c) A tree.
(d) A vine.
12. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Susan Jensen.
13. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
(a) John had freed them.
(b) Carver had sold them.
(c) Children had sniped them.
(d) Foxes had eaten them.
14. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was an attrocity.
(b) It was a shame.
(c) It was an honor.
(d) It was a step.
15. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(a) Flowers and bulbs.
(c) Wild vegetables.
(d) Bread and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
2. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
3. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
4. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
5. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)