|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
(b) Red shirts.
(c) Second hand suits.
(d) Fused lapels.
2. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to dehydrate food.
(b) How to use peanuts.
(c) How to fertilize fields.
(d) How to burn stubbled fields.
3. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) Farming presentations.
(b) Speaking tours.
(d) Bible studies.
4. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
(a) He was younger.
(b) He was older.
(c) He was poor.
(d) He was white.
5. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) A comet.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A large fire.
(d) An eclipse.
6. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(b) Wild vegetables.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Flowers and bulbs.
7. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By turning the other cheek.
(b) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
(c) By educating themselves.
(d) By spreading universal good.
8. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) By the Smithsonian.
(b) In New York.
(c) At Tuskegee.
(d) At the University of Chicago.
9. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
10. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
(b) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
(c) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(d) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
11. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(a) The new year.
(c) His boys.
12. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) His garden.
(b) The woods.
(c) A street corner.
(d) A greenhouse.
13. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) A white one.
(b) A mean one.
(c) An infant.
(d) An old one.
14. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) A fertilizer.
(d) A vegetable.
15. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
(a) An orphanage burned down.
(b) He was mugged and beat.
(c) His mother died.
(d) A black man was lynched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
2. Where was Carver speaking in "Eureka"?
3. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
4. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
5. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)