|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the person in "My Beloved Friend" embody?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) George Washington.
(d) The Pope.
2. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
(a) Government buildings.
(b) War monuments.
3. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
(b) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
(c) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(d) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
4. What was different about the hospital at Tuskegee?
(a) It had white nurses and black doctors.
(b) It was only for blacks.
(c) It was for all veterans.
(d) It was free.
5. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
(a) He was poor.
(b) He was younger.
(c) He was older.
(d) He was white.
6. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
(a) Mother Nature.
(c) The devil.
7. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
8. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
9. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His Alma Mater.
10. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They invited questions.
(b) They were something to think about.
(c) They displayed his skills.
(d) They were useful.
11. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to fertilize fields.
(b) How to dehydrate food.
(c) How to use peanuts.
(d) How to burn stubbled fields.
12. Whose garden is described in "The Wild Garden"?
13. Who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Andrew Curtis.
14. What did Carver say would destroy a person in "Goliath"?
(a) All of these.
15. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
(a) Fused lapels.
(b) Red shirts.
(d) Second hand suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
2. What kind of climate does the "Arachis Hypogaea" like?
3. Who did Carver see in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
4. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)