|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Curtis's first name?
2. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was a shame.
(b) It was an attrocity.
(c) It was a step.
(d) It was an honor.
3. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They went to the same school.
(b) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
(c) They had opposite back grounds.
(d) They were both brilliant.
4. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) The woods.
(b) His garden.
(c) A street corner.
(d) A greenhouse.
5. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They invited questions.
(b) They were useful.
(c) They were something to think about.
(d) They displayed his skills.
6. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
(d) Small Pox.
7. In "Chicken-Talk," how many chickens were unaccounted for?
8. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) A train.
(b) A ship.
(c) A jail cell.
(d) A classroom.
9. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
(a) Busy. Move on.
(b) Will be back later.
(c) Do not disturb.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
10. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
(a) Children had sniped them.
(b) Foxes had eaten them.
(c) Carver had sold them.
(d) John had freed them.
11. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His church youth.
(b) His cousins.
(c) His students.
(d) His nephews.
12. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His classroom.
(c) His bed.
(d) His office.
13. What gift did Carver give to the man who dedicated the George Washington Carver Museum?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A box of minerals.
(c) A billfold.
(d) A text book.
14. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
(a) A broadcast system.
(b) A record of our lives.
(c) A judge.
(d) A good friend.
15. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
(a) An orphanage burned down.
(b) His mother died.
(c) A black man was lynched.
(d) He was mugged and beat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
2. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
3. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
4. Who did Carver say caused weeds in "The Wild Garden"?
5. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)