|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A large fire.
(d) A comet.
2. What maneuver did the black pilot do for Carver in "Moton Field"?
(a) A roll.
(b) A loop.
(c) A dive.
(d) A piwheel.
3. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
(a) Busy. Move on.
(b) Do not disturb.
(c) Will be back later.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
4. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
(a) Peanut oil.
(b) Lavender oil.
(c) Castor oil.
(d) Rose oil.
5. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
(b) Water and soul.
6. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
7. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
(a) The new year.
(c) His boys.
8. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to burn stubbled fields.
(b) How to fertilize fields.
(c) How to use peanuts.
(d) How to dehydrate food.
9. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
10. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
(a) John had freed them.
(b) Children had sniped them.
(c) Foxes had eaten them.
(d) Carver had sold them.
11. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
(a) As a black man.
(b) As a dreamy mist person.
(c) As a white man.
(d) As a changing deity.
12. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
(a) Nobody understands them all.
(b) All is for man's good.
(c) Nothing goes to waste.
(d) All of these.
13. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) By the Smithsonian.
(b) At Tuskegee.
(c) At the University of Chicago.
(d) In New York.
14. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) A translator.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A cot.
15. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Not having children.
(b) Basing his work on inspiration.
(c) Turning his back on the black community.
(d) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington give Carver after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
2. What did Carver say WWI taught him in "House of Ways and Means"?
3. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
4. How was Carver hounded about the missing chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
5. Where did Carver say God lived in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)