|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
(a) He was mugged and beat.
(b) A black man was lynched.
(c) His mother died.
(d) An orphanage burned down.
2. In "Lovingly Sons," who are Carver's boys?
(a) His church youth.
(b) His cousins.
(c) His students.
(d) His nephews.
3. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The barn.
(b) The poultry yard.
(c) A studio.
(d) A lab.
4. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) His friend in the Klan.
(b) The reporters.
(c) The black veterans.
(d) The black doctors.
5. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) A plane crash.
(b) A comet.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) A large fire.
6. In "Driving Mr. Carver," who did Zissler and Carver drive with?
7. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
(a) It was brought by the pilgrims.
(b) It was dropped by sea faring birds.
(c) It was smuggled by slaves.
(d) It was traded from India.
8. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
(b) Government buildings.
(d) War monuments.
9. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver and Harwick talk mostly about?
10. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) His garden.
(b) The woods.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A street corner.
11. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) A white one.
(b) An infant.
(c) A mean one.
(d) An old one.
12. Where did Carver meet most of his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) Bible studies.
(b) Farming presentations.
(d) Speaking tours.
13. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) He is named head of the Tuskegee Institute.
(b) He is asked to serve on the President's Cabinet.
(c) He is given inheritance from Booker T. Washington.
(d) He is named a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts.
14. What was Curtis's first name?
15. In "The New Rooster," what did Bridgeforth want to become?
(a) A professor.
(b) A principal.
(c) A business owner.
(d) A plantation owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was interesting to Carver about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
2. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
3. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
4. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
5. In "God's Little Workshop," what did Carver call his miracle?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)