|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
(a) As a changing deity.
(b) As a black man.
(c) As a dreamy mist person.
(d) As a white man.
2. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) A burr.
(b) A thorny rose.
(c) A snake.
(d) A toad.
3. Who did Carver see in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) Jim Carver.
(b) Moses Carver.
(c) Mary Carver.
(d) Sue Carver.
4. What was Carver criticized for in "Eureka"?
(a) Turning his back on the black community.
(b) Basing his work on inspiration.
(c) Sharing too much of his experiment before it was completed.
(d) Not having children.
5. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) In New York.
(b) At the University of Chicago.
(c) By the Smithsonian.
(d) At Tuskegee.
6. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
(b) All of these.
(c) Go to labs.
(d) Leave his room.
7. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) A song.
(b) An article.
(c) A letter.
(d) A journal entry.
8. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) They sent letters.
(b) They sent telegrams.
(c) They made phone calls.
(d) They had annual reunion.
9. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(b) Booker T. Washington.
10. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
11. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A translator.
(c) A cot.
(d) A watermelon.
12. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They had opposite back grounds.
(b) They were both brilliant.
(c) They went to the same school.
(d) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
13. Why was a student doubting God in "Goliath"?
(a) An orphanage burned down.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He was mugged and beat.
(d) A black man was lynched.
14. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
(a) How to fertilize fields.
(b) How to burn stubbled fields.
(c) How to dehydrate food.
(d) How to use peanuts.
15. Who was Carver told he shamed in "Eureka"?
(b) His mother.
(c) His Alma Mater.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
2. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
3. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
4. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
5. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)