|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Carver see in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) Jim Carver.
(b) Moses Carver.
(c) Mary Carver.
(d) Sue Carver.
2. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
(a) As a changing deity.
(b) As a dreamy mist person.
(c) As a white man.
(d) As a black man.
3. Where was Carver speaking in "Eureka"?
(c) Los Angelos.
(d) New York.
4. When did Booker T. Washington die?
5. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) The black veterans.
(b) The black doctors.
(c) The reporters.
(d) His friend in the Klan.
6. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was a step.
(b) It was an honor.
(c) It was an attrocity.
(d) It was a shame.
7. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
(c) Water and soul.
8. What did Carver put in someone's pocket in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A toad.
(c) A thorny rose.
(d) A burr.
9. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(b) Birch seeds.
10. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
(a) Leave his room.
(b) All of these.
(d) Go to labs.
11. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(a) Wild vegetables.
(b) Bread and water.
(d) Flowers and bulbs.
12. Where was the George Washington Carver Museum placed?
(a) At Tuskegee.
(b) In New York.
(c) At the University of Chicago.
(d) By the Smithsonian.
13. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) An infant.
(b) A mean one.
(c) A white one.
(d) An old one.
14. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Inspired him to move.
(b) Reminded him of virtue.
(c) Helped him feel alive.
(d) Restored his faith in humanity.
15. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The poultry yard.
(b) A studio.
(c) The barn.
(d) A lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Veil-Raisers," who did Booker t. Washington write notes to?
2. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
3. What is the "Arachis Hypogaea"?
4. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
5. What did Carver wear in "The Joy of Sewing" that made people laugh at him?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)