|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Curtis's first name?
2. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(c) Every night.
3. What did Washington give Bridgeforth after the big debate in "The New Rooster"?
(a) The barn.
(b) A lab.
(c) A studio.
(d) The poultry yard.
4. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
5. In "The New Rooster," what was Bridgeforth's occupation?
6. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
(a) It was an attrocity.
(b) It was a shame.
(c) It was a step.
(d) It was an honor.
7. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(d) Birch seeds.
8. In "Veil-Raisers," what did Carver write in his room at night?
(a) Journal entries.
(b) Book reviews.
(c) Lesson plans.
9. In "The Penol Cures," what cured a disease?
(a) Lavender oil.
(b) Castor oil.
(c) Rose oil.
(d) Peanut oil.
10. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
(a) As a white man.
(b) As a black man.
(c) As a changing deity.
(d) As a dreamy mist person.
11. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
12. What kind of climate does the "Arachis Hypogaea" like?
13. How did "Arachis Hypogaea" get to America?
(a) It was brought by the pilgrims.
(b) It was traded from India.
(c) It was smuggled by slaves.
(d) It was dropped by sea faring birds.
14. Where did Booker T. Washington die?
(a) His office.
(b) His classroom.
(c) His bed.
(d) The hospital.
15. How did Carver keep in touch with his boys in "Lovingly Sons"?
(a) They had annual reunion.
(b) They sent telegrams.
(c) They sent letters.
(d) They made phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
2. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
3. Where did Carver try to sleep in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
4. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
5. Where did the people think the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk" had gone?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)