|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
2. Who did Carver see in "A Patriarch's Blessing"?
(a) Sue Carver.
(b) Moses Carver.
(c) Jim Carver.
(d) Mary Carver.
3. What form was "My Dear Spiritual Boy" written in?
(a) A song.
(b) A journal entry.
(c) An article.
(d) A letter.
4. Why did Carver and Bridgeforth butt heads so much in "The New Rooster"?
(a) They were both brilliant.
(b) They had opposite back grounds.
(c) Booker T. Washington had them compete.
(d) They went to the same school.
5. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They were something to think about.
(b) They were useful.
(c) They displayed his skills.
(d) They invited questions.
6. What was Curtis's first name?
7. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
(a) Water and soul.
8. What was Hardwick's first name?
9. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(c) Tell stories.
10. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say men could have a balanced diet of?
(b) Wild vegetables.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Flowers and bulbs.
11. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Restored his faith in humanity.
(b) Reminded him of virtue.
(c) Helped him feel alive.
(d) Inspired him to move.
12. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver and Harwick talk mostly about?
13. In "The Penol Cures," what disease was cured?
(a) Small Pox.
14. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A fertilizer.
(b) A flower.
(c) A vegetable.
(d) A tree.
15. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
2. What was the person Carver saw in "A Patriarch's Blessing" sitting in?
3. Who was "The Lace-Maker"?
4. What was different about Hardwick from all of Carver's other boys?
5. In "Professor Carver's Bible Class" how did the students view God?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)