|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "My Beloved Friend" written to?
2. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
(a) He would go to another Earth.
(b) He would go to Heaven.
(c) He would haunt Tuskegee.
(d) He would be reincarnated.
3. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
4. When was "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
5. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
(a) Reminded him of virtue.
(b) Helped him feel alive.
(c) Inspired him to move.
(d) Restored his faith in humanity.
6. Who did Carver pray for when the KKK marched against the Tuskegee hospital?
(a) The black doctors.
(b) The black veterans.
(c) His friend in the Klan.
(d) The reporters.
7. What did Carver watch at night in "Veil-Raisers"?
(a) The lines of his face.
(b) The stars.
(c) Black couples walking.
(d) The trees in the wind.
8. What did Carver like to do while riding in "Driving Mr. Carver"?
(d) Tell stories.
9. What did the sign on Carver's workshop say in "God's Little Workshop"?
(a) Do not disturb.
(b) Enter at your own risk.
(c) Will be back later.
(d) Busy. Move on.
10. What kind of patient did Carver refuse to treat in "The Penol Cures"?
(a) A white one.
(b) An infant.
(c) A mean one.
(d) An old one.
11. In "The Wild Garden," what did Carver say about God's creations?
(a) Nothing goes to waste.
(b) Nobody understands them all.
(c) All is for man's good.
(d) All of these.
12. What did Carver refuse to do after Booker T. Washington's death?
(a) Leave his room.
(b) All of these.
(c) Go to labs.
13. How did Carver tell his students to defeat their own "Goliath"?
(a) By ignoring the bad things in the world.
(b) By educating themselves.
(c) By spreading universal good.
(d) By turning the other cheek.
14. Where was "Ruellia Noctiflora" found by Carver?
(a) The woods.
(b) A street corner.
(c) His garden.
(d) A greenhouse.
15. Where did Jim Hardwick live?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver show the government in "Out of the Fire"?
2. What was heard from the airfield in "Moton Field"?
3. What did Carver say about the black pilot in "Moton Field"?
4. Why did Carver refuse to many assistants before Curtis came along?
5. What honor is Carver given in "Out of the Fire"?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)