|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Letter to Mrs. Hardwick," what relation did Carver say he would never have?
(a) A best friend.
(b) A mentor.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A marriage.
2. What caused "The Year of the Sky-Smear"?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) A comet.
(c) A large fire.
(d) A plane crash.
3. What was Curtis's first name?
4. What did Carver compare God to in "Professor Carver's Bible Class"?
(a) A judge.
(b) A broadcast system.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A record of our lives.
5. What is "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
(a) A fertilizer.
(b) A flower.
(c) A tree.
(d) A vegetable.
6. Who hounded Carver for the unaccounted for chickens in "Chicken-Talk"?
(d) Booker T. Washington.
7. When did "The Lace-Maker" do the sewing?
(b) Every night.
8. In "The Dimensions of the Milky Way," what did Carver say the universe was made of?
(b) Water and soul.
9. What color were Carver's eyes in "Mineralogy"?
10. What kind of jacket did Carver wear in "Ruellia Noctiflora"?
11. Why did Carver call Curtis "Baby Carver"?
(a) He looked like Carver.
(b) He was very short.
(c) He saw him as a son.
(d) He asked for the nick-name.
12. In "Last Talks with Jim Hardwick," what did Carver belive would happen when he died?
(a) He would go to another Earth.
(b) He would haunt Tuskegee.
(c) He would be reincarnated.
(d) He would go to Heaven.
13. In "The Joy of Sewing," what did Carver like about the finished sewing projects?
(a) They displayed his skills.
(b) They were useful.
(c) They were something to think about.
(d) They invited questions.
14. In "House of Ways and Means" what did Carver want a protective tariff for?
(a) Birch seeds.
15. In "Driving Mr. Carver," who did Zissler and Carver drive with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person in "My Beloved Friend" dispel?
2. What did Hardwick do for Carver?
3. Who did Carver write to about Curtis?
4. Where did black WWI veterans receive discrimination?
5. What was Carver offered as a joke in "House of Ways and Means"?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)