|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
2. How did Jim die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was hanged.
(c) He had small pox.
(d) He had polio.
3. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(b) He graduated from a white school.
(c) He was a recruiter.
(d) He was older.
4. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
(a) They were sick.
(b) They were hungry.
(c) They were bored.
(d) They were dirty.
5. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
(a) A labratory.
(b) The river.
(c) The dump.
(d) A garden.
6. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were disabled.
(b) They were foreigners.
(c) They were too smart.
(d) They were black.
7. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
8. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The dorms.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The Cafeteria.
(d) The classroom.
9. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
(a) All their possibilities.
(b) The tiny organisms all around them.
(c) How things were a hundred years back.
(d) The future.
10. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
11. What was Pammel's occupation?
12. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
13. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
14. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
(a) A symposium.
(b) A lynching.
(c) A trial.
(d) A slave market.
15. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
(a) The faculty.
(b) His parents.
(c) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
2. What was the name of Carver's mother?
3. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
4. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
5. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)