|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
(a) One of Carver's black colleages.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Marilyn Nelson.
2. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He was older.
(b) He graduated from a white school.
(c) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(d) He was a recruiter.
3. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
4. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
(a) Simpson College.
(b) Rosevill University.
(d) Tuskagee Institute.
5. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Maria Bentley's.
(b) Moses Carver's.
(c) Susan Carver'y.
(d) John Bentley's.
6. Who was "1905" about?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Isaac Newton.
7. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A pilgrim.
(c) An artist.
(d) An anomaly.
8. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
9. How old was Mary when she was sold into slavery?
10. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
(a) A photograph of his mother.
(b) A bill of sale.
11. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) Someone called him an invertebrate.
(b) A textbook was mislabeled.
(c) A teacher gets confused.
(d) Someone said a beetle had a backbone.
12. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
(a) The tiny organisms all around them.
(b) The future.
(c) How things were a hundred years back.
(d) All their possibilities.
13. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Paint companies.
(b) Fabric Manufacturers.
(c) Art Institutes.
(d) Toy makers.
14. What was Pammel's occupation?
15. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A frescoed wall.
(b) All of these.
(c) A stone foundation.
(d) A lump of clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Carver's brother?
2. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
3. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
4. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
5. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)