|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
2. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) George Washington.
3. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The sky.
4. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
(a) A dream.
(b) The garden.
(c) The store.
(d) A church meeting.
5. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) Slave Corner.
(b) A College Dorm.
(c) Black Terrace.
(d) Poverty Row.
6. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
7. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Susan Weaver.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Moses Pederson.
(d) Frederick Wilson.
8. Who did Carver hope to honor with his work in "Odalisque"?
(a) His brother.
(b) Black people.
(c) The professors at Tuskagee.
(d) His mother.
9. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Art Institutes.
(b) Toy makers.
(c) Fabric Manufacturers.
(d) Paint companies.
10. Where was Carver born?
11. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
(a) His mother's cupboard.
(b) The garden.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) The store.
12. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A teacher gets confused.
(b) Someone called him an invertebrate.
(c) A textbook was mislabeled.
(d) Someone said a beetle had a backbone.
13. What is the name of Carver's brother?
14. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
15. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
(a) They were slaves.
(b) They were farmers.
(c) They were industry workers.
(d) They were plantation inheritors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jim die?
2. What tone was "My People" written in?
3. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
4. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
5. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)