|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
(a) A labratory.
(b) A green house.
(c) A painting studio.
(d) A writing studio.
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Susan Weaver.
(b) Moses Pederson.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Frederick Wilson.
4. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
(a) Crop fields.
(b) The dump.
(c) A forest.
(d) A school courtyard.
5. Where was Carver born?
6. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(a) The ocean.
(d) The sky.
7. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
8. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
(b) Dried leaves.
(c) All of these.
(d) A Bible.
9. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
(a) A rose.
(b) A peony.
(c) A snap dragon.
(d) A carnation.
10. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
11. What is an invertebrate?
(a) A sea creature.
(b) A creature with no back bone.
(c) An armored reptile.
(d) A kind of worm.
12. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Pledge.
(b) The Class poem.
(c) The Class Anthem.
(d) The Class Registry.
13. How did Jim die?
(a) He was hanged.
(b) He had small pox.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He had polio.
14. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
(a) They were dirty.
(b) They were bored.
(c) They were hungry.
(d) They were sick.
15. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
2. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
3. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
4. What did Pammel call Carver?
5. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)