|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Bentley hired to do?
(a) Help slaves escape.
(b) Find stolen slaves.
(c) Teach his slaves.
(d) Heal sick slaves.
2. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A student.
(b) A professor.
(d) A janitor.
3. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The Cafeteria.
(b) The classroom.
(c) The dorms.
(d) The courtyard.
4. How did Helen Winterset feel about Carver?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She adored him.
(c) She was worried about him.
(d) She was afraid of him.
5. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
(b) Poultry Farming.
(c) Germination fo Flowers.
(d) The Theory of Relativity.
6. Who did Carver hope to honor with his work in "Odalisque"?
(a) His mother.
(b) Black people.
(c) His brother.
(d) The professors at Tuskagee.
7. Where was Carver born?
8. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Registry.
(b) The Class poem.
(c) The Class Pledge.
(d) The Class Anthem.
9. How long was the train in "Coincidence" delayed?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
10. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
11. What was the name of Carver's mother?
12. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) Slave Corner.
(b) A College Dorm.
(c) Poverty Row.
(d) Black Terrace.
13. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A pilgrim.
(c) An anomaly.
(d) An artist.
14. What was Carver's nickname in College?
15. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
2. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
3. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
4. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
5. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)