|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
2. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(b) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
(c) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
(d) They were the first free generation.
3. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
(a) The cold.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The quiet.
(d) The mist.
4. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) The faculty.
(b) The janitors.
(c) Other students.
5. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Tree doctor.
(b) Plant doctor.
(c) Friendship doctor.
(d) Spiritual doctor.
6. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
(a) The future.
(b) All their possibilities.
(c) The tiny organisms all around them.
(d) How things were a hundred years back.
7. What tone was "My People" written in?
8. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
(a) A symposium.
(b) A slave market.
(c) A lynching.
(d) A trial.
9. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) Their socks.
(b) The steel toes.
(c) Their toes.
(d) The whale boning.
10. What was Pammel's occupation?
11. Who was Moses Carver?
(a) The owner of Carver's mother.
(b) Carver's father.
(c) A local priest.
(d) A slave trader.
12. Where was Carver born?
13. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
(d) South Carolina.
14. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) George Washington.
15. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
(a) They were dirty.
(b) They were sick.
(c) They were hungry.
(d) They were bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
2. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
3. Who was "1905" about?
4. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
5. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)