|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through equality.
(b) Through agriculture.
(c) Through education.
(d) Through legislation.
2. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
(a) The corn.
(c) All of these.
(d) The rain.
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
4. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
(a) A school courtyard.
(b) Crop fields.
(c) The dump.
(d) A forest.
5. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
6. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
(a) A dream.
(b) The store.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) The garden.
7. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He took him as a boarder.
(b) He bought him as a slave.
(c) He hired him at his laundromat.
(d) He was a student of his.
8. What did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" say Geroge did in the fields?
9. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
10. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was loud.
(b) He was black.
(c) He was sick.
(d) He was tired.
11. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
12. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A stone foundation.
(b) A frescoed wall.
(c) A lump of clay.
(d) All of these.
13. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Moses Pederson.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Frederick Wilson.
(d) Susan Weaver.
14. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She is afraid of black people.
(b) She doesn't own property.
(c) She cares about a black child.
(d) She forgives Susan.
15. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To get a ride on the train.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To slow the train.
(d) To send a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
2. Who did Carver hope to honor with his work in "Odalisque"?
3. In "Drifter," what was Carver on a quest for?
4. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
5. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)