|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A stone foundation.
(b) All of these.
(c) A lump of clay.
(d) A frescoed wall.
2. What tone was "My People" written in?
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
4. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Tree doctor.
(b) Friendship doctor.
(c) Plant doctor.
(d) Spiritual doctor.
5. What was Carver's nickname in College?
6. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
7. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(b) The sky.
(c) The ocean.
8. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
(c) A photograph of his mother.
(d) A bill of sale.
9. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was inventive and creative.
(c) His work was laced with a sense of loss.
(d) He reveled the truth in his work.
10. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He was older.
(b) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(c) He graduated from a white school.
(d) He was a recruiter.
11. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through legislation.
(b) Through agriculture.
(c) Through education.
(d) Through equality.
12. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She doesn't own property.
(b) She forgives Susan.
(c) She cares about a black child.
(d) She is afraid of black people.
13. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Susan Weaver.
(c) Frederick Wilson.
(d) Moses Pederson.
14. Who did Carver hope to honor with his work in "Odalisque"?
(a) Black people.
(b) His mother.
(c) The professors at Tuskagee.
(d) His brother.
15. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) A student.
(b) Some ewes.
(c) An ear of corn.
(d) Some dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
2. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
3. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
4. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
5. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)