|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was inventive and creative.
(c) He reveled the truth in his work.
(d) His work was laced with a sense of loss.
2. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He washed clothes.
(b) He taught literary lessons.
(c) He sold his paintings.
(d) He plowed fields.
3. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
(a) The reason for his brother's death.
(b) The reason for his daughter's birth.
(c) His purpose in life.
(d) His talent.
4. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
5. What society in College did Carver organize?
(a) The Freedom Speaking Society.
(b) The Agricultural Society.
(c) The Artistry in Motion Society.
(d) The Diversity Society.
6. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first free generation.
(b) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(c) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
(d) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
7. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The courtyard.
(b) The Cafeteria.
(c) The classroom.
(d) The dorms.
8. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
(a) All of these.
(c) The rain.
(d) The corn.
9. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Susan Weaver.
(b) Moses Pederson.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Frederick Wilson.
10. What did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" say Geroge did in the fields?
11. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Susan Carver'y.
(b) Maria Bentley's.
(c) John Bentley's.
(d) Moses Carver's.
12. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
13. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
14. How long was the train in "Coincidence" delayed?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
15. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
(a) A snap dragon.
(b) A peony.
(c) A rose.
(d) A carnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
2. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
3. What religious group did Carver join in college?
4. What did Miss Bud teach?
5. What was the name of Carver's mother?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)