|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
2. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was black.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He was tired.
(d) He was loud.
3. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were too smart.
(b) They were disabled.
(c) They were foreigners.
(d) They were black.
4. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Registry.
(b) The Class Pledge.
(c) The Class Anthem.
(d) The Class poem.
5. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A professor.
(c) A student.
6. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
(a) When she saw him work so hard at school.
(b) When she read his writing.
(c) When she heard him read.
(d) When she saw him holding a flower.
7. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
8. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To slow the train.
(b) To send a message.
(c) To get a ride on the train.
(d) To commit suicide.
9. What was John Bentley hired to do?
(a) Help slaves escape.
(b) Heal sick slaves.
(c) Find stolen slaves.
(d) Teach his slaves.
10. In "Drifter," what was Carver on a quest for?
(c) His family.
11. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
(a) The corn.
(b) All of these.
(d) The rain.
12. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first free generation.
(b) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(c) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
(d) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
13. What society in College did Carver organize?
(a) The Freedom Speaking Society.
(b) The Diversity Society.
(c) The Agricultural Society.
(d) The Artistry in Motion Society.
14. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) The whale boning.
(b) The steel toes.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their toes.
15. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
(a) Inspired them.
(b) Embarrassed them.
(c) Insulted them.
(d) Brought out the best in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
2. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
3. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
4. What was Carver's nickname in College?
5. What is an invertebrate?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)