Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
(a) The dump.
(b) A forest.
(c) A school courtyard.
(d) Crop fields.
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. Who was "1905" about?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Isaac Newton.
4. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
(a) South Carolina.
5. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
6. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
7. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
(a) A symposium.
(b) A trial.
(c) A slave market.
(d) A lynching.
8. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
(a) A speech.
(b) A song.
(c) A letter.
(d) A prayer.
9. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
(a) A writing studio.
(b) A green house.
(c) A labratory.
(d) A painting studio.
10. How long was the train in "Coincidence" delayed?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
11. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
12. What did Miss Bud teach?
13. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A textbook was mislabeled.
(b) Someone called him an invertebrate.
(c) Someone said a beetle had a backbone.
(d) A teacher gets confused.
14. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through legislation.
(b) Through education.
(c) Through agriculture.
(d) Through equality.
15. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He was older.
(b) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(c) He graduated from a white school.
(d) He was a recruiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
2. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
3. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
4. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
5. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)