|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A professor.
(b) A janitor.
(d) A student.
2. How did Jim die?
(a) He had small pox.
(b) He was hanged.
(c) He had polio.
(d) He drowned.
3. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
(a) The corn.
(b) The rain.
(c) All of these.
4. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
(a) Tuskagee Institute.
(b) Rosevill University.
(d) Simpson College.
5. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
(a) The Theory of Relativity.
(c) Poultry Farming.
(d) Germination fo Flowers.
6. What did Miss Bud teach?
7. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
(a) The cold.
(b) The quiet.
(c) The mist.
(d) The darkness.
8. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
(a) A watch chain.
(b) A cotton fluff.
(c) A button.
(d) A flower.
9. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
(a) They were plantation inheritors.
(b) They were slaves.
(c) They were farmers.
(d) They were industry workers.
10. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Maria Bentley's.
(b) Moses Carver's.
(c) Susan Carver'y.
(d) John Bentley's.
11. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
(a) A speech.
(b) A letter.
(c) A song.
(d) A prayer.
12. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He was a student of his.
(b) He hired him at his laundromat.
(c) He took him as a boarder.
(d) He bought him as a slave.
13. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Fabric Manufacturers.
(b) Toy makers.
(c) Paint companies.
(d) Art Institutes.
14. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
15. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
(a) The way he absorbed information.
(b) The way he looked at the world.
(c) The way he fit in.
(d) The way he got others to like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
2. What was the name of Carver's mother?
3. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
4. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
5. Where was Carver born?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)