|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Tree doctor.
(b) Spiritual doctor.
(c) Friendship doctor.
(d) Plant doctor.
2. What is the name of Carver's brother?
3. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
4. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
(b) A photograph of his mother.
(c) A bill of sale.
5. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A speech.
(c) A letter.
(d) A song.
6. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
7. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A student.
(b) A janitor.
(d) A professor.
8. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) A dream.
(c) The store.
(d) The garden.
9. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
(a) They were industry workers.
(b) They were plantation inheritors.
(c) They were farmers.
(d) They were slaves.
10. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
11. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
12. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
(a) Teaching black students.
(b) Showing someone how to fertilize fields.
(c) Creating the agricultural program.
(d) Not forgetting his roots.
13. Who was "1905" about?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Isaac Newton.
(d) Albert Einstein.
14. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A lump of clay.
(b) A stone foundation.
(c) All of these.
(d) A frescoed wall.
15. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He took him as a boarder.
(b) He was a student of his.
(c) He bought him as a slave.
(d) He hired him at his laundromat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jim die?
2. What was Carver's nickname in College?
3. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
4. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
5. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)