|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Bentley hired to do?
(a) Help slaves escape.
(b) Heal sick slaves.
(c) Find stolen slaves.
(d) Teach his slaves.
2. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
(a) They studied together.
(b) She is his mother's friend.
(c) They were in a relationship.
(d) He boarded with her.
3. What is an invertebrate?
(a) An armored reptile.
(b) A kind of worm.
(c) A sea creature.
(d) A creature with no back bone.
4. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
5. What is the name of Carver's brother?
6. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
(c) The sky.
(d) The ocean.
7. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) A College Dorm.
(b) Poverty Row.
(c) Black Terrace.
(d) Slave Corner.
8. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
(a) They thought he looked down on him.
(b) He had bigger rooms.
(c) All of these.
(d) He got paid more.
9. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was loud.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He was black.
(d) He was sick.
10. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Registry.
(b) The Class poem.
(c) The Class Pledge.
(d) The Class Anthem.
11. What was Pammel's occupation?
12. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He took him as a boarder.
(b) He hired him at his laundromat.
(c) He bought him as a slave.
(d) He was a student of his.
13. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To slow the train.
(b) To get a ride on the train.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To send a message.
14. What tone was "My People" written in?
15. What was the name of Carver's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
2. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
3. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
4. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
5. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)