|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A stone foundation.
(b) A lump of clay.
(c) All of these.
(d) A frescoed wall.
2. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) To get a ride on the train.
(c) To slow the train.
(d) To send a message.
3. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
(a) A labratory.
(b) The dump.
(c) The river.
(d) A garden.
4. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) The faculty.
(b) Other students.
(c) The janitors.
5. What was the name of Carver's mother?
6. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
7. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
(b) All of these.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Dried leaves.
8. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
(a) An artist.
(b) An anomaly.
(c) A pilgrim.
(d) A traitor.
9. Which of these was NOT kept on Carver's bedside table?
(b) A bill of sale.
(d) A photograph of his mother.
10. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) The whale boning.
(b) Their socks.
(c) The steel toes.
(d) Their toes.
11. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) Some dogs.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) Some ewes.
(d) A student.
12. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Pledge.
(b) The Class poem.
(c) The Class Anthem.
(d) The Class Registry.
13. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
14. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was inventive and creative.
(c) His work was laced with a sense of loss.
(d) He reveled the truth in his work.
15. What was Carver thanked for in "From an Alabama Farmer"?
(a) Teaching black students.
(b) Creating the agricultural program.
(c) Not forgetting his roots.
(d) Showing someone how to fertilize fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
2. What tone was "My People" written in?
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
4. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
5. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)