|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) To slow the train.
(c) To get a ride on the train.
(d) To send a message.
2. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He sold his paintings.
(b) He washed clothes.
(c) He taught literary lessons.
(d) He plowed fields.
3. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) An ear of corn.
(b) Some ewes.
(c) A student.
(d) Some dogs.
4. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
(a) A labratory.
(b) The river.
(c) The dump.
(d) A garden.
5. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He hired him at his laundromat.
(b) He was a student of his.
(c) He bought him as a slave.
(d) He took him as a boarder.
6. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Paint companies.
(b) Art Institutes.
(c) Toy makers.
(d) Fabric Manufacturers.
7. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Frederick Wilson.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Moses Pederson.
(d) Susan Weaver.
8. Why did Miss bud say she sent Carver home?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He was tired.
(c) He was loud.
(d) He was black.
9. What did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" say Geroge did in the fields?
10. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through legislation.
(b) Through education.
(c) Through agriculture.
(d) Through equality.
11. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
12. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class poem.
(b) The Class Registry.
(c) The Class Anthem.
(d) The Class Pledge.
13. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
14. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Gerald Ford.
15. What did Pammel call Carver?
(a) A Path to Freedom.
(b) A Freak of Nature.
(c) The Black Darwin.
(d) God's Gift to Teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
2. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
3. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
4. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
5. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)