|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A lump of clay.
(b) A stone foundation.
(c) A frescoed wall.
(d) All of these.
2. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
(a) Tuskagee Institute.
(b) Rosevill University.
(d) Simpson College.
3. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
(a) A labratory.
(b) A painting studio.
(c) A green house.
(d) A writing studio.
4. Where was Carver born?
5. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
(a) Embarrassed them.
(b) Inspired them.
(c) Brought out the best in them.
(d) Insulted them.
6. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
7. What was the name of Carver's mother?
8. In "Poultry Husbandry," how were Carver and his many tasks described?
9. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He sold his paintings.
(b) He taught literary lessons.
(c) He plowed fields.
(d) He washed clothes.
10. What tone was "My People" written in?
11. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
12. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through agriculture.
(b) Through legislation.
(c) Through education.
(d) Through equality.
13. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) Other students.
(c) The faculty.
(d) The janitors.
14. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The Cafeteria.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The classroom.
(d) The dorms.
15. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first free generation.
(b) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
(c) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(d) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
2. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
3. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
4. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
5. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)