|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Moses Carver?
(a) A slave trader.
(b) Carver's father.
(c) The owner of Carver's mother.
(d) A local priest.
2. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) Some ewes.
(b) A student.
(c) Some dogs.
(d) An ear of corn.
3. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) Someone said a beetle had a backbone.
(b) Someone called him an invertebrate.
(c) A textbook was mislabeled.
(d) A teacher gets confused.
4. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Fabric Manufacturers.
(b) Toy makers.
(c) Art Institutes.
(d) Paint companies.
5. What religious group did Carver join in college?
(a) A Bible Study Group.
(b) A hymn singing choir.
(c) A prayer group.
(d) A Service Society.
6. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A professor.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A student.
7. Where did "Dawn Walk" take place?
(a) A forest.
(b) The dump.
(c) Crop fields.
(d) A school courtyard.
8. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
(a) The garden.
(b) A church meeting.
(c) His mother's cupboard.
(d) The store.
9. How did Jim die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was hanged.
(c) He had small pox.
(d) He had polio.
10. Where was Carver born?
11. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
(a) They were in a relationship.
(b) She is his mother's friend.
(c) He boarded with her.
(d) They studied together.
12. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She cares about a black child.
(b) She is afraid of black people.
(c) She forgives Susan.
(d) She doesn't own property.
13. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
14. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Spiritual doctor.
(b) Friendship doctor.
(c) Tree doctor.
(d) Plant doctor.
15. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Miss Bud send Carver home?
2. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
3. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
4. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
5. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)