|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The dorms.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The classroom.
(d) The Cafeteria.
2. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
(a) They were in a relationship.
(b) She is his mother's friend.
(c) He boarded with her.
(d) They studied together.
3. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(b) He graduated from a white school.
(c) He was older.
(d) He was a recruiter.
4. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
(a) A garden.
(b) The dump.
(c) The river.
(d) A labratory.
5. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
6. What did Miss Bud teach?
7. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
8. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
9. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
(a) They were farmers.
(b) They were plantation inheritors.
(c) They were industry workers.
(d) They were slaves.
10. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He plowed fields.
(b) He sold his paintings.
(c) He taught literary lessons.
(d) He washed clothes.
11. In "Poultry Husbandry," how many classes was Carver teaching?
12. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
13. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were too smart.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were disabled.
(d) They were foreigners.
14. How long was the train in "Coincidence" delayed?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
15. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
(b) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(c) They were the first free generation.
(d) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
2. What did Carver write for his College class?
3. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
4. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
5. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)