|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group did Carver join in college?
(a) A Service Society.
(b) A hymn singing choir.
(c) A prayer group.
(d) A Bible Study Group.
2. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
(a) All of these.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Dried leaves.
3. In "Poultry Husbandry," why did the chickens start killing each other?
(a) They were dirty.
(b) They were bored.
(c) They were hungry.
(d) They were sick.
4. What tone was "My People" written in?
5. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
(a) They were farmers.
(b) They were plantation inheritors.
(c) They were industry workers.
(d) They were slaves.
6. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
(a) The piano.
(b) The lip harp.
(c) The accordian.
(d) The guitar.
7. How often did Carver's boss at Tuskegee want reports about his chickens?
8. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) A student.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) Some ewes.
(d) Some dogs.
9. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) The faculty.
(b) Other students.
(d) The janitors.
10. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were disabled.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were foreigners.
(d) They were too smart.
11. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A teacher gets confused.
(b) Someone called him an invertebrate.
(c) A textbook was mislabeled.
(d) Someone said a beetle had a backbone.
12. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee not like him?
(a) He had bigger rooms.
(b) All of these.
(c) He got paid more.
(d) They thought he looked down on him.
13. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He taught literary lessons.
(b) He washed clothes.
(c) He plowed fields.
(d) He sold his paintings.
14. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
(a) A house.
(b) A barn.
(c) A fence.
(d) A wagon.
15. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
(a) A snap dragon.
(b) A peony.
(c) A rose.
(d) A carnation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
2. What did Carver teach former slaves about in "1905"?
3. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
4. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
5. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)