|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
(a) All of these.
(b) A Bible.
(d) Dried leaves.
2. How many acres did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" own?
3. What is an invertebrate?
(a) An armored reptile.
(b) A kind of worm.
(c) A sea creature.
(d) A creature with no back bone.
4. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
5. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
6. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
(a) Germination fo Flowers.
(b) The Theory of Relativity.
(d) Poultry Farming.
7. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) A dream.
(c) The store.
(d) The garden.
8. How did Helen Winterset feel about Carver?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She adored him.
(d) She was worried about him.
9. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A fence.
(c) A house.
(d) A barn.
10. Where was Carver born?
11. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Maria Bentley's.
(b) Susan Carver'y.
(c) John Bentley's.
(d) Moses Carver's.
12. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Tree doctor.
(b) Friendship doctor.
(c) Spiritual doctor.
(d) Plant doctor.
13. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
(a) Marilyn Nelson.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(d) One of Carver's black colleages.
14. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(b) A professor.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A student.
15. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
(a) The quiet.
(b) The mist.
(c) The cold.
(d) The darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
2. What did Pammel call Carver?
3. What was Carver called in "A Charmed Life"?
4. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
5. What society in College did Carver organize?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)