|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group did Carver join in college?
(a) A Bible Study Group.
(b) A hymn singing choir.
(c) A Service Society.
(d) A prayer group.
2. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He taught literary lessons.
(b) He sold his paintings.
(c) He washed clothes.
(d) He plowed fields.
3. Why was a family sitting on the train tracks in "Coincidence"?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) To send a message.
(c) To slow the train.
(d) To get a ride on the train.
4. What did the homesteader in "Old Settlers' Reunion" say Geroge did in the fields?
5. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
(a) A flower.
(b) A watch chain.
(c) A cotton fluff.
(d) A button.
6. In "Drifter," what was Carver on a quest for?
(a) His family.
7. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A lump of clay.
(b) A stone foundation.
(c) All of these.
(d) A frescoed wall.
8. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Spiritual doctor.
(b) Plant doctor.
(c) Friendship doctor.
(d) Tree doctor.
9. What tone was "My People" written in?
10. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
(a) Inspired them.
(b) Brought out the best in them.
(c) Insulted them.
(d) Embarrassed them.
11. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The Cafeteria.
(b) The classroom.
(c) The dorms.
(d) The courtyard.
12. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
(a) A speech.
(b) A song.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A letter.
13. Where did "The Perceiving Self" take place?
(d) South Carolina.
14. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) Slave Corner.
(b) A College Dorm.
(c) Poverty Row.
(d) Black Terrace.
15. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
(a) A symposium.
(b) A trial.
(c) A slave market.
(d) A lynching.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
2. Where did Carver see the most beauty in the world?
3. How did Carver know Sarah Hunt?
4. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
5. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)