|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Paint companies.
(b) Art Institutes.
(c) Fabric Manufacturers.
(d) Toy makers.
2. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
(a) When she read his writing.
(b) When she saw him work so hard at school.
(c) When she heard him read.
(d) When she saw him holding a flower.
3. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
4. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
(a) The lip harp.
(b) The accordian.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The piano.
5. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
(a) He graduated from a white school.
(b) He was a recruiter.
(c) He was friends with Booker T. Washington.
(d) He was older.
6. In "Old Settlers' Reunion," what did the homesteader build with his wife?
(a) A fence.
(b) A house.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A barn.
7. In "Chemistry 101," what did Carver want his students to imagine?
(a) How things were a hundred years back.
(b) The future.
(c) The tiny organisms all around them.
(d) All their possibilities.
8. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Frederick Wilson.
(b) Susan Weaver.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Moses Pederson.
9. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
(a) A garden.
(b) A labratory.
(c) The dump.
(d) The river.
10. What tone was "My People" written in?
11. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
(a) The classroom.
(b) The dorms.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The Cafeteria.
12. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
13. What did Carver name one of the chickens in "Poultry Husbandry"?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) George Washington.
14. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
(a) A carnation.
(b) A snap dragon.
(c) A rose.
(d) A peony.
15. In "Drifter," what was Carver curious about?
(a) The corn.
(c) The rain.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
2. What was Pammel's occupation?
3. What did Carver write for his College class?
4. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
5. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)