|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of studio did Carver ask for in "Odalisque"?
(a) A writing studio.
(b) A green house.
(c) A painting studio.
(d) A labratory.
2. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A student.
(b) A janitor.
(d) A professor.
3. How did Watkins meet Carver?
(a) He took him as a boarder.
(b) He bought him as a slave.
(c) He hired him at his laundromat.
(d) He was a student of his.
4. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
(a) Susan Weaver.
(b) Moses Pederson.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Frederick Wilson.
5. How did Miss Bud describe Carver's work?
(a) All of these.
(b) He was inventive and creative.
(c) His work was laced with a sense of loss.
(d) He reveled the truth in his work.
6. What did Pammel say Carver did to other people?
(a) Inspired them.
(b) Brought out the best in them.
(c) Embarrassed them.
(d) Insulted them.
7. What got scalded in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) A student.
(b) Some ewes.
(c) An ear of corn.
(d) Some dogs.
8. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
(a) When she saw him holding a flower.
(b) When she read his writing.
(c) When she heard him read.
(d) When she saw him work so hard at school.
9. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their toes.
(c) The steel toes.
(d) The whale boning.
10. Where does "A Ship Without a Rudder" take place?
11. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
12. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) A College Dorm.
(b) Black Terrace.
(c) Poverty Row.
(d) Slave Corner.
13. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
14. What was "The Last Rose of Summer" about?
15. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through agriculture.
(b) Through education.
(c) Through equality.
(d) Through legislation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
2. Who narrated "Odalisque"?
3. Where did Miss Bud Teach?
4. How long was the train in "Coincidence" delayed?
5. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)