|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beside Reading to The Sweet-Hearts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
(a) Toy makers.
(b) Fabric Manufacturers.
(c) Art Institutes.
(d) Paint companies.
2. What did Carver keep on his bedside table?
(a) All of these.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Dried leaves.
3. What was the Earth compared to in "Clay"?
(a) A frescoed wall.
(b) A stone foundation.
(c) All of these.
(d) A lump of clay.
4. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A janitor.
(b) A professor.
(c) A student.
5. How many paintings of Carver's were displayed at the World Fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
2. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
3. What did Carver always wear in his lapel?
4. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
5. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)