|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beside Reading to The Sweet-Hearts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She is afraid of black people.
(b) She doesn't own property.
(c) She forgives Susan.
(d) She cares about a black child.
2. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He taught literary lessons.
(b) He plowed fields.
(c) He sold his paintings.
(d) He washed clothes.
3. How many stillborn children did Carver's mother have?
4. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(b) A janitor.
(c) A student.
(d) A professor.
5. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
(a) When she read his writing.
(b) When she saw him holding a flower.
(c) When she saw him work so hard at school.
(d) When she heard him read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carver's colleague's at Tuskagee think he had higher pay than them?
2. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver realize?
3. What form is "From an Alabama Farmer" written in?
4. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
5. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)