|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beside Reading to The Sweet-Hearts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Carver's colleagues at Tuskagee describe Carver's accent?
2. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) A College Dorm.
(b) Slave Corner.
(c) Poverty Row.
(d) Black Terrace.
3. Who defended Carver when a student tried to insult him?
(a) The faculty.
(b) The janitors.
(c) Other students.
4. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
(a) A trial.
(b) A slave market.
(c) A symposium.
(d) A lynching.
5. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Spiritual doctor.
(b) Friendship doctor.
(c) Tree doctor.
(d) Plant doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Carver's boss at Tuskegee?
2. Where did George find the Ivory handled knife?
3. Who wanted the formula for Egyptian Blue?
4. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
5. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)