|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beside Reading to The Sweet-Hearts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students' parents at Tuskagee do for a living?
(a) They were slaves.
(b) They were farmers.
(c) They were plantation inheritors.
(d) They were industry workers.
2. What instrument did Carver play in "Old Settlers' Reunion"?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The accordian.
(c) The piano.
(d) The lip harp.
3. In "A Ship Without a Rudder," what did Carver wear in his lapel?
(a) A peony.
(b) A rose.
(c) A snap dragon.
(d) A carnation.
4. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
(a) A College Dorm.
(b) Poverty Row.
(c) Slave Corner.
(d) Black Terrace.
5. What did Carver teach his assistants in "1905"?
(b) The Theory of Relativity.
(c) Germination fo Flowers.
(d) Poultry Farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
2. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
3. What did Miss Bud teach?
4. Who created the color Egyptian Blue?
5. In "Called," what did Carver rattle on about?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)