|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My People to Coincidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through equality.
(b) Through legislation.
(c) Through education.
(d) Through agriculture.
2. What caused Carver to laugh in "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(a) A textbook was mislabeled.
(b) A teacher gets confused.
(c) Someone said a beetle had a backbone.
(d) Someone called him an invertebrate.
3. What is new about the generation Carver taught at Tuskagee?
(a) They were the first slaves to be freed.
(b) They were the first free generation.
(c) They were the first generation after the Civil War.
(d) They were the first educated generation of blacks.
4. Where did George first see the Ivory handled knife?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) A dream.
(c) The store.
(d) The garden.
5. Where was Carver born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a student try to insult Carver?
2. In "Cercospora," what did others say Carver should not trust?
3. What stuck out of the students' shoes in "Dawn Walk"?
4. What religious group did Carver join in college?
5. In "Chemistry 101," where did Carver take his class?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)