|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Curve-Breaker to Called.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Cafeteria Food," how did Carver say he wanted to serve blacks?
(a) Through equality.
(b) Through education.
(c) Through agriculture.
(d) Through legislation.
2. Who narrated "The Nervous System of the Beetle"?
(b) A professor.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A student.
3. What did Carver write for his College class?
(a) The Class Pledge.
(b) The Class Anthem.
(c) The Class poem.
(d) The Class Registry.
4. What amazed Pammel about Carver?
(a) The way he fit in.
(b) The way he got others to like him.
(c) The way he absorbed information.
(d) The way he looked at the world.
5. How did Carver pay for his piano lessons?
(a) He taught literary lessons.
(b) He plowed fields.
(c) He sold his paintings.
(d) He washed clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carver live in "Washboard Wizard"?
2. In "Four a.m. in the Woods," what did Carver love about the woods?
3. In "Drifter," what was Carver on a quest for?
4. In "The Perceiving Self," what did Carver witness?
5. When did Watkins realize George was meant for greatness?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)