Out of Slave's Ransom to Washboard Wizard
1. Where was Carver born?
2. What was the name of Carver's mother?
3. Who was Moses Carver?
(a) A local priest.
(b) A slave trader.
(c) The owner of Carver's mother.
(d) Carver's father.
4. What was John Bentley hired to do?
(a) Heal sick slaves.
(b) Teach his slaves.
(c) Help slaves escape.
(d) Find stolen slaves.
5. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She doesn't own property.
(b) She cares about a black child.
(c) She is afraid of black people.
(d) She forgives Susan.
6. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) John Bentley's.
(b) Susan Carver'y.
(c) Moses Carver's.
(d) Maria Bentley's.
7. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were too smart.
(b) They were disabled.
(c) They were foreigners.
(d) They were black.
8. What is the name of Carver's brother?
9. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Friendship doctor.
(b) Tree doctor.
(c) Spiritual doctor.
(d) Plant doctor.
This section contains 3,467 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)