Out of Slave's Ransom to Washboard Wizard
1. Where was Carver born?
2. What was the name of Carver's mother?
3. Who was Moses Carver?
(a) The owner of Carver's mother.
(b) A local priest.
(c) A slave trader.
(d) Carver's father.
4. What was John Bentley hired to do?
(a) Teach his slaves.
(b) Heal sick slaves.
(c) Help slaves escape.
(d) Find stolen slaves.
5. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She is afraid of black people.
(b) She cares about a black child.
(c) She doesn't own property.
(d) She forgives Susan.
6. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Moses Carver's.
(b) John Bentley's.
(c) Maria Bentley's.
(d) Susan Carver'y.
7. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were too smart.
(b) They were disabled.
(c) They were foreigners.
(d) They were black.
8. What is the name of Carver's brother?
9. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Friendship doctor.
(b) Tree doctor.
(c) Spiritual doctor.
(d) Plant doctor.
This section contains 3,467 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)