1. Where was Carver born?
2. What was the name of Carver's mother?
3. Who was Moses Carver?
(a) A local priest.
(b) Carver's father.
(c) The owner of Carver's mother.
(d) A slave trader.
4. What was John Bentley hired to do?
(a) Teach his slaves.
(b) Heal sick slaves.
(c) Find stolen slaves.
(d) Help slaves escape.
5. What confuses John Bentley about Susan Carver?
(a) She is afraid of black people.
(b) She forgives Susan.
(c) She doesn't own property.
(d) She cares about a black child.
6. Whose perspective is "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," from?
(a) Susan Carver'y.
(b) John Bentley's.
(c) Maria Bentley's.
(d) Moses Carver's.
7. Why did Susan think her adopted children would always be hated?
(a) They were foreigners.
(b) They were too smart.
(c) They were disabled.
(d) They were black.
8. What is the name of Carver's brother?
9. What kind of doctor did Susan say George was?
(a) Friendship doctor.
(b) Plant doctor.
(c) Tree doctor.
(d) Spiritual doctor.
This section contains 3,467 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)