* In "Out of 'Slaves' Ransom," George and his mother were stolen. Susan Carver paid Bentley to find them.
* He found the baby and brought it back, and Susan was grateful. Bentley was confused by all the effort she put in for George and his brother since they were black.
* In "Prayer of the Ivory-Handled Knife," George found a knife in a watermelon in the garden, just like he had dreamed about.
* Susan was grateful for George and Jim as she and her husband were not able to have children, and she never thinks about their race.
* In "Watkins Laundry and Apothecary," Watkins told about boarding George and knowing he would be great when she heard him speak so intelligently about flowers.
* He told her that a flower he was holding held a message from flowers seeded millions of years ago. Watkins...
This section contains 2,282 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)