|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Jane love?
2. What assumption does Bertie make about the small boy on the beach?
3. How does Bertie find out the small boy's name and address?
4. What does Rocky's aunt think of Bertie when she meets him?
5. What was the name of the girl Biff proposed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using the small boy, what plan does Jeeves hatch to get Freddie and Elizabeth back together?
2. How does Sippy's aunt react to the news of Sippy's incarceration?
3. What does Jeeves suggest he can do to help Rocky deceive his aunt?
4. Who do we discover that Mabel is related to at the end of the story?
5. What does Jeeves do, which confuses Bertie?
6. Who is Heloise Pringle?
7. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
8. How does Bertie find out where the small boy lives, and why doesn't his family take him back?
9. What condition does Rocky's aunt put on her offer to give him his full inheritance?
10. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the short story collection, "Carry on, Jeeves." How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)