|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's surname?
2. Who drops in unexpectedly at Sippy's relatives' house?
3. What is Biff's first name?
4. Which area does Egbert work in?
5. What is the name of the girl who makes advances towards Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
2. After going out with Jeeves, what does Aunt Isabel beg Rocky to do?
3. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
4. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
5. What problem does Sippy tell Bertie about?
6. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
7. Using the small boy, what plan does Jeeves hatch to get Freddie and Elizabeth back together?
8. What does Bertie realize about Sippy's distant relatives?
9. How does Biff lose contact with Mabel?
10. Why did Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the stories? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)