|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's surname?
2. Where did Sippy and Bertie originally meet?
3. When did Rocky last see his aunt?
4. What is described as "devices of the devil to drag people down into the Bottomless Pit"?
5. What does Jeeves plan to teach the small boy to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. After going out with Jeeves, what does Aunt Isabel beg Rocky to do?
2. Who do we discover that Mabel is related to at the end of the story?
3. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
4. Why did Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
5. What problem does Sippy tell Bertie about?
6. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
7. How does Bertie find out where the small boy lives, and why doesn't his family take him back?
8. What does Jeeves suggest he can do to help Rocky deceive his aunt?
9. Using the small boy, what plan does Jeeves hatch to get Freddie and Elizabeth back together?
10. How does Sippy's aunt react to the news of Sippy's incarceration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the secondary characters in the stories. What are some similarities and differences amongst the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motifs of duty and honor. What are some examples of dutiful and honorable characters in the stories? How do they show their sense of duty and honor?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? What stories is he featured in, and what happens in these stories?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)