|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freddie's surname?
2. What is the surname of Sippy's distant family members?
3. Which of Rocky's aunts sends him a letter in "The Aunt and the Sluggard"?
4. What is used to train the small boy to say a certain phrase?
5. Which establishment does Jeeves say is the "place of the moment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves do, which confuses Bertie?
2. What happens when Freddie takes the small boy to Elizabeth?
3. Who do we discover that Mabel is related to at the end of the story?
4. How does Biff lose contact with Mabel?
5. What does Bertie realize about Sippy's distant relatives?
6. What is Bertie's connection to Dr. Glossop?
7. Why did Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
8. What does Aunt Isabel think of Bertie when she arrives at his flat?
9. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
10. What scheme does Bertie come up with to help Freddie win Elizabeth back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the collection?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the short story collection, "Carry on, Jeeves." How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)