|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bertie warn Biff about?
2. How much time passes before Biff's engagement is announced?
3. How does Bertie act on the outing with Biff and Dr. Glossop?
4. How do Egbert and Jeeves know each other?
5. What is used to train the small boy to say a certain phrase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution does Jeeves come up with so that Sippy's aunt doesn't find out he hasn't visited his family?
2. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
3. What happens when Freddie takes the small boy to Elizabeth?
4. Who is Heloise Pringle?
5. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
6. Why did Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
7. What does Bertie realize about Sippy's distant relatives?
8. How does Biff lose contact with Mabel?
9. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
10. What does Aunt Isabel think of Bertie when she arrives at his flat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)