|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to train the small boy to say a certain phrase?
2. What is Rocky's surname?
3. After receiving some letters from Rocky, what does his aunt decide to do?
4. Where does Jeeves get the idea to solve Rocky's problem?
5. Where did Biff once propose to a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves suggest he can do to help Rocky deceive his aunt?
2. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
3. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
4. How does Biff lose contact with Mabel?
5. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
6. Why did Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
7. What happens when Freddie takes the small boy to Elizabeth?
8. Who is Heloise Pringle?
9. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
10. What does Bertie realize about Sippy's distant relatives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the secondary characters in the stories. What are some similarities and differences amongst the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)