|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves plan to teach the small boy to say?
2. Who does Jeeves take Rocky's aunt to hear speak?
3. Why did Freddie's fiancée end their engagement?
4. Where do Biff, Bertie, and Jeeves meet?
5. What happens after Bertie and Sippy are arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves do, which confuses Bertie?
2. What is Bertie's connection to Dr. Glossop?
3. What solution does Jeeves come up with so that Sippy's aunt doesn't find out he hasn't visited his family?
4. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
5. What does Aunt Isabel think of Bertie when she arrives at his flat?
6. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
7. What scheme does Bertie come up with to help Freddie win Elizabeth back?
8. Where does Jeeves take Aunt Isabel instead of to a club?
9. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
10. What does Bertie realize about Sippy's distant relatives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the title of the collection. What does it refer to? What does it say about the character, Jeeves? Who is telling Jeeves to 'carry on'?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)