|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's surname?
2. What is Bertie's punishment for his arrest?
3. Why does Rocky's aunt want to give him his full inheritance?
4. What assumption does Bertie make about the small boy on the beach?
5. After receiving some letters from Rocky, what does his aunt decide to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of "Carry on, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this collection a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motifs of duty and honor. What are some examples of dutiful and honorable characters in the stories? How do they show their sense of duty and honor?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)