|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
2. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
3. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
4. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
5. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
2. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
3. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
4. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
5. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
6. Who is Lady Malvern?
7. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
8. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
9. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
10. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of "Carry on, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this collection a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Carry on, Jeeves". What genre is it, and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)