|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Corky's rich uncle?
2. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
3. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
4. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
2. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
3. What does Jeeves reveal is the reason Wilmot hit the constable?
4. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
5. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
6. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
7. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
8. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
9. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
10. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the secondary characters in the stories. What are some similarities and differences amongst the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Carry on, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this collection a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)