|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
2. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
3. Where does Bicky live?
4. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
5. Where does Bertie hide Willoughby's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
2. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
3. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
4. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
5. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
6. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
7. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
8. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
9. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
10. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of "Carry on, Jeeves". What genre is it, and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's short stories. Is romance and love often a focus of his stories? What are some examples of stories which center around the romance of the protagonist and his love interest?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Carry on, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this collection a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)