|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Florence's surname?
2. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
3. What does Bicky intend to do with any money Jeeves raises for him?
4. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
2. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
3. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
4. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
5. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
6. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
7. Who informs Willoughby that his book is missing?
8. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
9. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
10. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the short story collection, "Carry on, Jeeves." How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when the protagonist depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)