|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gussie?
2. Who is Lord Worplesdon?
3. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
4. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
5. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
2. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
3. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
4. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
5. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
6. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
7. What does Jeeves reveal is the reason Wilmot hit the constable?
8. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
9. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
10. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Carry on, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this collection a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the stories? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)