|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
2. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
3. What is Bicky's apartment like?
4. What does Jeeves give Wilmot the morning after his mother leaves?
5. What group does Edwin belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
2. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
3. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
4. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
5. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
6. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
7. In front of the Duke, what does Jeeves tell Bicky he will have to do in order to raise money to start his chicken farm?
8. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
9. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
10. What does Jeeves reveal is the reason Wilmot hit the constable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the stories? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)