|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bertie's surname?
2. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
3. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
4. How is Wilmot described by his mother?
5. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
2. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
3. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
4. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
5. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
6. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
7. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
8. Who informs Willoughby that his book is missing?
9. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
10. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when the protagonist depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the stories? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)