|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
2. Who is Edwin?
3. How does Bertie feel about having Wilmot stay with him?
4. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
5. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
2. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
3. What does Jeeves reveal is the reason Wilmot hit the constable?
4. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
5. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
6. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
7. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
8. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
9. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
10. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's short stories. Is romance and love often a focus of his stories? What are some examples of stories which center around the romance of the protagonist and his love interest?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)