|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
2. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
3. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
4. How is Wilmot described by his mother?
5. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
2. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
3. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
4. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
5. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
6. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
7. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
8. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
9. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
10. What does Jeeves reveal is the reason Wilmot hit the constable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money in the short story collection "Carry on, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the stories? How does money affect Jeeves and his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the protagonists in the stories?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)