|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Wilmot?
2. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
3. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
4. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
5. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. In front of the Duke, what does Jeeves tell Bicky he will have to do in order to raise money to start his chicken farm?
2. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
3. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
4. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
5. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
6. Who is Lady Malvern?
7. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
8. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
9. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
10. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the stories? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of social class in the short story collection. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of the stories in the collection. Are they written in a lighthearted and comedic tone? Are they written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the stories in this tone?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)