Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
2. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
3. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
5. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Heloise Pringle?
2. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
3. Why does the Littles' cook refuse to leave their employment?
4. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
5. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
6. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
7. Why is Bingo Little upset when Bertie arrives for dinner?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
9. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
10. Who is Peggy and how is she described?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of the stories in the collection. Are they written in a lighthearted and comedic tone? Are they written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the stories in this tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the title of the collection. What does it refer to? What does it say about the character, Jeeves? Who is telling Jeeves to 'carry on'?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)