|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
2. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
3. Why does Wilmot hit the constable?
4. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
5. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
2. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
3. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
4. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
5. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
6. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
7. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
8. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
9. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
10. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's short stories. Is romance and love often a focus of his stories? What are some examples of stories which center around the romance of the protagonist and his love interest?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the stories in the collection. Are they written in a lighthearted and comedic tone? Are they written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the stories in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of social class in the short story collection. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)