|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
2. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
3. What is the name of Wilmot's dog?
4. What does Corky do for a living?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bertie meet at the Milady's Boudoir offices?
2. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
3. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
4. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
5. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
6. What does Bertie's Aunt Dahlia ask him to write for her?
7. What does Jeeves suggest he can do to help Rocky deceive his aunt?
8. What problem does Sippy tell Bertie about?
9. Who is Lady Malvern?
10. How does Biff lose contact with Mabel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of money in the short story collection "Carry on, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the stories? How does money affect Jeeves and his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the protagonists in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when the protagonist depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)