|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Wilmot in when he arrives back at Bertie's after his mother's departure?
2. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
3. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
4. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
5. What does Corky do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
2. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
3. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
4. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
5. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
6. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
7. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
8. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
9. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
10. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the collection?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of social class in the short story collection. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)