|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his mother, what does Wilmot enjoy doing?
2. What is Bicky's apartment like?
3. What does Bicky's uncle decide after seeing how well his nephew is doing?
4. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
5. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
2. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
3. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
4. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
5. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
6. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
7. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
9. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
10. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the older wealthy relative character. Why does Wodehouse include so many older relatives, particularly aunts and uncles? What might he be conveying to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money in the short story collection "Carry on, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the stories? How does money affect Jeeves and his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the protagonists in the stories?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)