|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilmot hit the constable?
2. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
3. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
4. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
5. What state is Wilmot in when he arrives back at Bertie's after his mother's departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
2. Who informs Willoughby that his book is missing?
3. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
4. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
5. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
6. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
7. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
8. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
9. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
10. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's short stories. Is romance and love often a focus of his stories? What are some examples of stories which center around the romance of the protagonist and his love interest?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the title of the collection. What does it refer to? What does it say about the character, Jeeves? Who is telling Jeeves to 'carry on'?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)