|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
2. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
3. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
4. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
5. What had Bertie done the night before Jeeves arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
2. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
3. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
4. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
5. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
6. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
7. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
8. Who is Lady Malvern?
9. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
10. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of the stories in the collection. Are they written in a lighthearted and comedic tone? Are they written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the stories in this tone?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)