|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
2. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
3. How old is Wilmot?
4. What is Bicky's full name?
5. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
2. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
3. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
4. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
5. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
6. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
7. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
9. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
10. Who is Lady Malvern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the short story collection, "Carry on, Jeeves." How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the secondary characters in the stories. What are some similarities and differences amongst the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)