|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Jeeves come up with for the work Corky sells?
2. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
3. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
4. How does Bertie feel about having Wilmot stay with him?
5. Who is Gussie?
Short Essay Questions
1. In front of the Duke, what does Jeeves tell Bicky he will have to do in order to raise money to start his chicken farm?
2. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
3. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
4. Who is Lady Malvern?
5. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
6. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
7. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
8. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
9. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
10. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when the protagonist depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of social class in the short story collection. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's short stories. Is romance and love often a focus of his stories? What are some examples of stories which center around the romance of the protagonist and his love interest?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)