Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
2. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
3. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
5. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Heloise Pringle?
2. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
3. Why does the Littles' cook refuse to leave their employment?
4. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
5. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
6. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
7. Why is Bingo Little upset when Bertie arrives for dinner?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
9. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
10. Who is Peggy and how is she described?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of money in the short story collection "Carry on, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the stories? How does money affect Jeeves and his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the protagonists in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the collection?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)