Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
2. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
3. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
5. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Heloise Pringle?
2. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
3. Why does the Littles' cook refuse to leave their employment?
4. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
5. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
6. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
7. Why is Bingo Little upset when Bertie arrives for dinner?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
9. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
10. Who is Peggy and how is she described?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of social class in the short story collection. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "Carry on, Jeeves". What genre is it, and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)