|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
2. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
3. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
4. What is Bicky's full name?
5. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lady Malvern?
2. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
3. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
4. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
5. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
6. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
7. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
9. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
10. In "The Artistic Career of Corky", how does Corky make a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? What stories is he featured in, and what happens in these stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the short story collection, "Carry on, Jeeves." How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)