|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
2. Who is Willoughby?
3. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
4. What is Bicky's apartment like?
5. What had Bertie done the night before Jeeves arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
2. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
3. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
4. To what does the title of the story refer?
5. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
6. What condition does Rocky's aunt put on her offer to give him his full inheritance?
7. What happens when Bertie attempts to break into the Littles' house?
8. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
9. What does Jeeves do, which confuses Bertie?
10. What does Aunt Isabel think of Bertie when she arrives at his flat?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Carry on, Jeeves". What genre is it, and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his short stories in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)