|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gussie?
2. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
3. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
4. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
5. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves suggest he can do to help Rocky deceive his aunt?
2. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
3. To what does the title of the story refer?
4. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
5. What does Aunt Isabel think of Bertie when she arrives at his flat?
6. What happens when Freddie takes the small boy to Elizabeth?
7. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
8. What upsets Bertie at the beginning of "Bertie Changes his Mind"?
9. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
10. Why does the Littles' cook refuse to leave their employment?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who, and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in "Carry on, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony, and what are some examples of each type from the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Carry on, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this collection a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)