|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willoughby?
2. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
3. What does Jeeves give Wilmot the morning after his mother leaves?
4. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
5. What has Willoughby written a book about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
2. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
3. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
4. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
5. Who informs Willoughby that his book is missing?
6. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
7. What does Corky do to lose his inheritance in "The Artistic Career of Corky"?
8. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
9. In front of the Duke, what does Jeeves tell Bicky he will have to do in order to raise money to start his chicken farm?
10. Who is Lady Malvern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of money in the short story collection "Carry on, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the stories? How does money affect Jeeves and his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the protagonists in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "Carry on, Jeeves". What genre is it, and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)