|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
2. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
3. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
5. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Heloise Pringle?
2. What does Aunt Isabel decide to do after receiving some letters from Rocky?
3. Why does the Littles' cook refuse to leave their employment?
4. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
5. What is Bertie's friend, Rocky, like?
6. What happens when Dr. Glossop turns up at the Pringles' house?
7. Why is Bingo Little upset when Bertie arrives for dinner?
8. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
9. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
10. Who is Peggy and how is she described?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Carry on, Jeeves". How is friendship depicted in the stories? What are some examples of when the protagonist depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the schemes which take place in some of the short stories. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Why is Ukridge a schemer? Is he a successful schemer?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)