|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
(a) Bertie's family isn't wealthy enough.
(b) Dr. Glossop wants his daughter to marry Biff instead.
(c) Dr. Glossop witnessed Bertie throwing a tantrum.
(d) Bertie's family has a history of mental disturbances.
2. How does Jeeves offer to help Rocky deal with his aunt's request?
(a) Jeeves will pretend to be Rocky's banker.
(b) Jeeves will go to clubs and take notes.
(c) Jeeves will refuse her request on Rocky's behalf.
(d) Jeeves will send telegrams to Rocky's aunt.
3. What does Jeeves know Sippy's aunt has been having trouble with?
(a) A local hat-maker.
(b) A local constable.
(c) A local judge.
(d) A local policeman.
4. What assumption does Bertie make about the small boy on the beach?
(a) That he is related to Elizabeth.
(b) That he is around seven years old.
(c) That he must know Freddie.
(d) That he can't swim.
5. When did Rocky last see his aunt?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) At Easter.
(d) When he was ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie decide to take Freddie to get over his lost fiancée?
2. Where does Jeeves get the idea to solve Rocky's problem?
3. What is Rocky's vocation?
4. Which of Rocky's aunts sends him a letter in "The Aunt and the Sluggard"?
5. What is the name of the story told in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do we discover that Mabel is related to at the end of the story?
2. What scheme does Bertie come up with to help Freddie win Elizabeth back?
3. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
4. Using the small boy, what plan does Jeeves hatch to get Freddie and Elizabeth back together?
5. What advice does Bertie give Sippy in order to avoid his relatives?
6. Why did Dr. Glossop end Bertie's engagement to his daughter?
7. What does Bertie realize about Sippy's distant relatives?
8. How does Bertie find out where the small boy lives, and why doesn't his family take him back?
9. Where does Jeeves take Aunt Isabel instead of to a club?
10. After going out with Jeeves, what does Aunt Isabel beg Rocky to do?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)