|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) A letter.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A present.
2. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
(a) He forgives Binky for tricking him.
(b) He does not want his name in the paper.
(c) He doesn't want Bicky to take up gambling.
(d) He feels sorry for his nephew.
3. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(c) New York.
4. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
(c) Small change.
5. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
(a) For vandalizing Bertie's flat.
(b) For stealing a pocketwatch.
(c) For assaulting a constable.
(d) For jaywalking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bertie's surname?
2. What does the girl Gussie wants to marry do for a living?
3. What state is Wilmot in when he arrives back at Bertie's after his mother's departure?
4. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
5. Who is Edwin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
2. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
3. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
4. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
5. Who is Lady Malvern?
6. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
7. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
8. What does Jeeves reveal is the reason Wilmot hit the constable?
9. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
10. When Bertie returns from the country, where is Wilmot?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)