|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
2. What does Jeeves prepare for Bertie upon arriving at his home?
(a) Some headache pills.
(b) A hangover cure.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A clean set of clothes to wear.
3. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
(a) Threw it in the fire.
(b) Mailed it to the publisher.
(c) Placed it under Willoughby's bed.
(d) Gave it to Edwin.
4. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
(a) A Gentleman's European Travelogue.
(b) Recollections of a Long Life.
(c) How Rome Did Fall.
(d) The Bird Species of England.
5. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
(a) She feels he is too weak.
(b) It would cost too much money.
(c) She doesn't enjoy his company.
(d) He gets bored easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
2. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
3. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
4. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
5. How does Bertie feel about having Wilmot stay with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
2. Right after Lady Malvern leaves, how does Wilmot show that he will be more trouble than his mother promised?
3. What does Wilmot tell Bertie he intends to do while his mother is away?
4. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
5. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
6. In front of the Duke, what does Jeeves tell Bicky he will have to do in order to raise money to start his chicken farm?
7. Who does Miss Singer end up marrying?
8. Who is Lady Malvern?
9. What does Jeeves suggest Bicky do to impress his uncle while he visits?
10. What does Jeeves suggest Miss Singer should do to be accepted by Alexander Worple?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)