|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wilmot hit the constable?
(a) The constable calls him a name.
(b) Jeeves bets him money to do it.
(c) He mistakes the constable for someone else.
(d) He knows the constable is taking bribes.
2. Who is Lord Worplesdon?
(a) Bertie's neighbor.
(b) Bertie's father.
(c) Florence's father.
(d) Jeeves' former employer.
3. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
(b) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
(c) By betting on horses.
(d) By selling his belongings.
4. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Visit a casino.
(c) Write and publish a story about the situation.
(d) Sell his family heirlooms.
5. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
(a) An agency.
(c) Aunt Dahlia.
(d) Bertie's chauffeur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bicky's uncle decide after seeing how well his nephew is doing?
2. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
3. What is Bicky's full name?
4. What is Bertie's surname?
5. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bingo Little upset when Bertie arrives for dinner?
2. What solution does Jeeves come up with so that Sippy's aunt doesn't find out he hasn't visited his family?
3. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
4. What happens at the end of the story when Elizabeth offers the small boy a candy?
5. Why does Bertie Wooster fire his valet at the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", and who is sent to replace him?
6. Why does Bertie rehire Jeeves at the end of "Jeeves Takes Charge"?
7. What advice does Bertie give Sippy in order to avoid his relatives?
8. Who is Heloise Pringle?
9. How does Bertie find out where the small boy lives, and why doesn't his family take him back?
10. How does Sippy's aunt react to the news of Sippy's incarceration?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)