|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
2. Who is Bicky's uncle?
(a) The Duke of Albany.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The Duke of Chiswick.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
3. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
(a) That Wilmot went to Boston.
(b) That Wilmot joined a camping trip.
(c) That Wilmot eloped.
(d) That Wilmot went home.
4. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(a) The eighteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The nineteeth century.
(d) The twenty-first century.
5. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) A present.
(c) A letter.
(d) A postcard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie hide Willoughby's book?
2. What is the name of the valet who is stealing from Bertie?
3. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
4. What does Bicky's uncle decide after seeing how well his nephew is doing?
5. What is Florence's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeeves tell Lady Malvern when she arrives to pick up Wilmot?
2. Why does Willoughby search Bertie's room, and what does he find?
3. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with Willoughby's book, and how does Bertie react?
4. What has the Duke of Chiswick been led to believe from his nephew, Bicky's, letters?
5. On their first meeting, what inspires Bertie to hire Jeeves as his valet right away?
6. What does Bertie find Wilmot has been up to when he returns home after a couple of nights away?
7. Why is Florence Cray upset by Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
8. What does Florence tell Bertie to do in order to ruin Willoughby's plan to publish a book?
9. Where does Bertie pack a suitcase to go to avoid Wilmot?
10. Why does Lady Malvern bring her son, Wilmot, to Bertie's flat?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)