|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
(a) His aunt Dahlia.
(b) His uncle Thomas.
(c) His aunt Agatha.
(d) His uncle Henry.
3. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
4. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
(a) On his desk.
(b) On a bookshelf.
(c) On a table.
(d) On the mantle.
5. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(a) The nineteeth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The eighteenth century.
(d) The twenty-first century.
6. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) A fortnight.
7. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
8. Who is Willoughby?
(a) Bertie's grandfather.
(b) Bertie's uncle.
(c) Florence's neighbor.
(d) Florence's uncle.
9. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
(a) Heacham House.
(b) Riggs and Ballinger.
(c) Valentine and Sons.
(d) High Street Books.
10. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
(b) Corky gambles his money away.
(c) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(d) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
11. What does Bicky intend to do with any money Jeeves raises for him?
(a) Start a sheep farm.
(b) Start a dairy farm.
(c) Start a chicken farm.
(d) Start a fruit farm.
12. Who suggests that Wilmot stay with Bertie?
(a) Uncle Willoughby.
(b) Wilmot himself.
(c) Aunt Dahlia.
(d) Aunt Agatha.
13. What does Wilmot intend to do while his mother is away?
(a) Finish his literary studies.
(b) Meet some college friends.
(c) Everything she never let him do.
(d) See the city sights with Bertie.
14. What is the name of Wilmot's dog?
15. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A letter.
(b) A present.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
2. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
3. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
4. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
5. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)