|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
2. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
(a) Bertie pats Jeeves on the back.
(b) Bertie doesn't understand Jeeves' explanation.
(c) Bertie tells Jeeves to apologize.
(d) Bertie fires Jeeves.
3. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
(a) High Street Books.
(b) Valentine and Sons.
(c) Riggs and Ballinger.
(d) Heacham House.
4. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
5. What does Corky do for a living?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a novel writer.
(d) He is an actor.
6. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
(a) He does not want his name in the paper.
(b) He doesn't want Bicky to take up gambling.
(c) He feels sorry for his nephew.
(d) He forgives Binky for tricking him.
7. What title does Jeeves come up with for the work Corky sells?
(a) One Touch of Nature.
(b) Love Among the Chickens.
(c) A Damsel in Distress.
(d) The Adventures of Baby Blobbs.
8. What is Lady Malvern studying in America?
(d) National parks.
9. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(b) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
(c) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
(d) Corky gambles his money away.
10. What is Bertie's surname?
11. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A present.
(d) A letter.
12. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
(a) One week.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
13. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
(a) Placed it under Willoughby's bed.
(b) Mailed it to the publisher.
(c) Threw it in the fire.
(d) Gave it to Edwin.
14. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
15. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By selling his belongings.
(b) By betting on horses.
(c) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
(d) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
2. What has Corky's uncle written books about?
3. What is Bicky's full name?
4. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
5. What does Wilmot throw at the restaurant?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)