|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Rewrite it.
(b) Spill a drink on it.
(c) Throw it in the fire.
(d) Steal it.
2. What does Jeeves prepare for Bertie upon arriving at his home?
(a) A hangover cure.
(b) Some headache pills.
(c) A clean set of clothes to wear.
(d) A cup of tea.
3. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
(a) For stealing a pocketwatch.
(b) For assaulting a constable.
(c) For jaywalking.
(d) For vandalizing Bertie's flat.
4. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
(a) Small change.
5. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
(a) Go straight back to Bertie's.
(b) Buy himself a new dinner jacket.
(c) Go to the library and collect some books.
(d) Take Bertie out for dinner.
6. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
(a) A fox hound.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A bull terrier.
(d) A Labrador.
7. What is the name of Corky's rich uncle?
(a) Esmond Upjohn.
(b) Alexander Worple.
(c) Reginald Herring.
(d) Harold Basset.
8. What is the name of Wilmot's dog?
9. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
(b) By betting on horses.
(c) By selling his belongings.
(d) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
10. What does Wilmot intend to do while his mother is away?
(a) Meet some college friends.
(b) Finish his literary studies.
(c) Everything she never let him do.
(d) See the city sights with Bertie.
11. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
(a) Bertie pats Jeeves on the back.
(b) Bertie tells Jeeves to apologize.
(c) Bertie fires Jeeves.
(d) Bertie doesn't understand Jeeves' explanation.
12. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
(a) It will not be a financial success.
(b) It will take public attention away from her family.
(c) It will make Willoughby famous.
(d) It will embarrass her family.
13. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is not upset.
(c) He pretends not to care.
(d) He is angry with Willoughby.
14. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A present.
15. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are former classmates.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
2. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
3. What does Jeeves give Wilmot the morning after his mother leaves?
4. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
5. Where does Bertie go to avoid Wilmot?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)