|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie hide Willoughby's book?
(a) A linen closet.
(b) In a bathroom cabinet.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) A night dresser.
2. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
3. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(a) New York.
4. What has Willoughby written a book about?
(a) English Birds.
(b) His life as a young man.
(c) The history of Rome.
(d) His travels in Europe.
5. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
(a) His aunt Agatha.
(b) His uncle Thomas.
(c) His uncle Henry.
(d) His aunt Dahlia.
6. Who is Lord Worplesdon?
(a) Bertie's father.
(b) Jeeves' former employer.
(c) Bertie's neighbor.
(d) Florence's father.
7. What does Jeeves give Wilmot the morning after his mother leaves?
(a) A health tonic.
(b) Some flu medicine.
(c) A hangover cure.
(d) A letter from his mother.
8. Who is Willoughby?
(a) Bertie's uncle.
(b) Florence's uncle.
(c) Bertie's grandfather.
(d) Florence's neighbor.
9. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. What had Bertie done the night before Jeeves arrives?
(a) Made a fool of himself at the opera.
(b) Had an argument with his fiancee's father.
(c) Gone drinking.
(d) Gotten hit in the head by a badminton racket.
11. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
(a) For assaulting a constable.
(b) For vandalizing Bertie's flat.
(c) For stealing a pocketwatch.
(d) For jaywalking.
12. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
(b) Aunt Dahlia.
(c) Bertie's chauffeur.
(d) An agency.
13. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
(a) A hotel room for Wilmot.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A lawsuit.
(d) A telegram to Wilmot's mother.
14. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
(a) He sells a cartoon to a newspaper.
(b) He produces a popular play.
(c) He paints a masterpiece.
(d) He writes a humorous book.
15. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
(b) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
2. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
3. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
4. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
5. Why does Wilmot hit the constable?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)