|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lord Worplesdon?
(a) Bertie's neighbor.
(b) Florence's father.
(c) Jeeves' former employer.
(d) Bertie's father.
2. What is Bertie's surname?
3. What title does Jeeves come up with for the work Corky sells?
(a) A Damsel in Distress.
(b) The Adventures of Baby Blobbs.
(c) One Touch of Nature.
(d) Love Among the Chickens.
4. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
(a) It would cost too much money.
(b) She doesn't enjoy his company.
(c) She feels he is too weak.
(d) He gets bored easily.
5. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
(a) On a table.
(b) On a bookshelf.
(c) On his desk.
(d) On the mantle.
6. Who is Gussie?
(a) Bertie's cousin
(b) Bertie's brother.
(c) Bertie's nephew.
(d) Bertie's childhood friend.
7. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
(a) For jaywalking.
(b) For vandalizing Bertie's flat.
(c) For stealing a pocketwatch.
(d) For assaulting a constable.
8. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Throw it in the fire.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Spill a drink on it.
(d) Rewrite it.
9. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
10. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
11. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
12. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Visit a casino.
(c) Sell his family heirlooms.
(d) Write and publish a story about the situation.
13. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
(a) At Bertie's flat.
(b) At Sidney's house.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At Aunt Dhalia's.
14. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
(a) He sells a cartoon to a newspaper.
(b) He writes a humorous book.
(c) He produces a popular play.
(d) He paints a masterpiece.
15. What has Willoughby written a book about?
(a) English Birds.
(b) His life as a young man.
(c) The history of Rome.
(d) His travels in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his mother, what does Wilmot enjoy doing?
2. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
3. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
4. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
5. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)