|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie hide Willoughby's book?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) In a bathroom cabinet.
(c) A linen closet.
(d) A night dresser.
2. What does the girl Gussie wants to marry do for a living?
(a) She is an opera singer.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a showgirl.
3. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
(a) He pretends not to care.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is not upset.
(d) He is angry with Willoughby.
4. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Spill a drink on it.
(c) Rewrite it.
(d) Throw it in the fire.
5. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
(a) He forgives Binky for tricking him.
(b) He doesn't want Bicky to take up gambling.
(c) He feels sorry for his nephew.
(d) He does not want his name in the paper.
6. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A hotel room for Wilmot.
(c) A lawsuit.
(d) A telegram to Wilmot's mother.
7. What has Corky's uncle written books about?
(b) Historical battles.
8. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
(a) His aunt Dahlia.
(b) His aunt Agatha.
(c) His uncle Henry.
(d) His uncle Thomas.
9. How old is Wilmot?
(a) Seventeen yearls old.
(b) Twenty-three years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
10. What does Bicky intend to do with any money Jeeves raises for him?
(a) Start a chicken farm.
(b) Start a fruit farm.
(c) Start a dairy farm.
(d) Start a sheep farm.
11. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
(a) Mailed it to the publisher.
(b) Threw it in the fire.
(c) Placed it under Willoughby's bed.
(d) Gave it to Edwin.
12. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) A letter.
(c) A present.
(d) A postcard.
13. Who is Willoughby?
(a) Bertie's uncle.
(b) Florence's neighbor.
(c) Bertie's grandfather.
(d) Florence's uncle.
14. What is Bicky's apartment like?
(a) Large but drafty.
(b) Small by stylish.
(c) Small and dingy.
15. Who is Edwin?
(a) Willoughby's servant.
(b) Florence's brother.
(c) Willoughby's son.
(d) Bertie's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
2. What is the name of the valet who is stealing from Bertie?
3. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
5. Where does Wilmot see his mother off?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)