|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
(a) Go to the library and collect some books.
(b) Take Bertie out for dinner.
(c) Buy himself a new dinner jacket.
(d) Go straight back to Bertie's.
2. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
3. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
(a) They are former classmates.
(b) They are engaged.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are in-laws.
4. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
(a) A fox hound.
(b) A Labrador.
(c) A bull terrier.
(d) A Great Dane.
5. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
(b) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(c) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
(d) Corky gambles his money away.
6. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
(a) For stealing a pocketwatch.
(b) For jaywalking.
(c) For vandalizing Bertie's flat.
(d) For assaulting a constable.
7. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
(a) Recollections of a Long Life.
(b) A Gentleman's European Travelogue.
(c) How Rome Did Fall.
(d) The Bird Species of England.
8. What does Wilmot intend to do while his mother is away?
(a) Finish his literary studies.
(b) Everything she never let him do.
(c) See the city sights with Bertie.
(d) Meet some college friends.
9. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
(b) By betting on horses.
(c) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
(d) By selling his belongings.
10. What has Corky's uncle written books about?
(d) Historical battles.
11. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
(a) That Wilmot went home.
(b) That Wilmot eloped.
(c) That Wilmot joined a camping trip.
(d) That Wilmot went to Boston.
12. Where does Bertie go to avoid Wilmot?
(a) To stay in the country.
(b) To his aunt's house.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To a resort town.
13. What state is Wilmot in when he arrives back at Bertie's after his mother's departure?
(a) Wilmot is ill.
(b) Wilmot is depressed.
(c) Wilmot is drunk.
(d) Wilmot is sleepy.
14. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
(a) Heacham House.
(b) High Street Books.
(c) Riggs and Ballinger.
(d) Valentine and Sons.
15. What group does Edwin belong to?
(a) The Royal Rangers.
(b) The Woodcraft Folk.
(c) The Boys Brigade.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bicky's uncle decide after seeing how well his nephew is doing?
2. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
3. Where does Wilmot see his mother off?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
5. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)