|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
(a) Bertie fires Jeeves.
(b) Bertie pats Jeeves on the back.
(c) Bertie tells Jeeves to apologize.
(d) Bertie doesn't understand Jeeves' explanation.
2. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Rewrite it.
(b) Spill a drink on it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Throw it in the fire.
3. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
(a) That Wilmot eloped.
(b) That Wilmot joined a camping trip.
(c) That Wilmot went to Boston.
(d) That Wilmot went home.
4. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
(a) He sells a cartoon to a newspaper.
(b) He paints a masterpiece.
(c) He writes a humorous book.
(d) He produces a popular play.
5. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
(b) An agency.
(c) Bertie's chauffeur.
(d) Aunt Dahlia.
6. What is Bicky's apartment like?
(a) Small by stylish.
(c) Small and dingy.
(d) Large but drafty.
7. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
(a) A bull terrier.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A Labrador.
(d) A fox hound.
8. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
(a) He gets bored easily.
(b) She doesn't enjoy his company.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) She feels he is too weak.
9. What has Corky's uncle written books about?
(c) Historical battles.
10. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(a) The twenty-first century.
(b) The eighteenth century.
(c) The nineteeth century.
(d) The twentieth century.
11. Who is Willoughby?
(a) Bertie's uncle.
(b) Florence's uncle.
(c) Florence's neighbor.
(d) Bertie's grandfather.
12. How is Wilmot described by his mother?
(a) As rambunctious.
(b) As quiet.
(c) As sneaky.
(d) As angelic.
13. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A present.
(d) A letter.
14. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
(a) His aunt Agatha.
(b) His uncle Thomas.
(c) His uncle Henry.
(d) His aunt Dahlia.
15. Who is Gussie?
(a) Bertie's brother.
(b) Bertie's nephew.
(c) Bertie's childhood friend.
(d) Bertie's cousin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Corky's rich uncle?
2. Who is Bicky's uncle?
3. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
4. Who suggests that Wilmot stay with Bertie?
5. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)