|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves prepare for Bertie upon arriving at his home?
(a) A hangover cure.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A clean set of clothes to wear.
(d) Some headache pills.
2. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(c) New York.
3. What group does Edwin belong to?
(a) The Royal Rangers.
(b) The Woodcraft Folk.
(c) The Boys Brigade.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
4. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By betting on horses.
(b) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
(c) By selling his belongings.
(d) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
5. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
(a) On a table.
(b) On the mantle.
(c) On a bookshelf.
(d) On his desk.
6. What does Wilmot intend to do while his mother is away?
(a) Finish his literary studies.
(b) Everything she never let him do.
(c) See the city sights with Bertie.
(d) Meet some college friends.
7. How is Wilmot described by his mother?
(a) As quiet.
(b) As rambunctious.
(c) As sneaky.
(d) As angelic.
8. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
(a) Horse racing.
9. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
(a) He feels sorry for his nephew.
(b) He does not want his name in the paper.
(c) He forgives Binky for tricking him.
(d) He doesn't want Bicky to take up gambling.
10. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
(a) He is angry with Willoughby.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He pretends not to care.
(d) He is not upset.
11. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
(a) Threw it in the fire.
(b) Placed it under Willoughby's bed.
(c) Gave it to Edwin.
(d) Mailed it to the publisher.
12. What has Willoughby written a book about?
(a) His travels in Europe.
(b) The history of Rome.
(c) English Birds.
(d) His life as a young man.
13. What is the name of Corky's rich uncle?
(a) Alexander Worple.
(b) Esmond Upjohn.
(c) Harold Basset.
(d) Reginald Herring.
14. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
(a) Lying on Bertie's bed.
(b) Digging through the trash.
(c) Locked in a closet.
(d) Tied to the kitchen table.
15. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
(a) Sell his family heirlooms.
(b) Visit a casino.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Write and publish a story about the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
2. Who is Lord Worplesdon?
3. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
4. Who sends Jeeves to work for Bertie?
5. Where does Bicky live?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)