|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
(b) By betting on horses.
(c) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
(d) By selling his belongings.
2. What is Bicky's apartment like?
(a) Small and dingy.
(b) Large but drafty.
(d) Small by stylish.
3. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Sidney's house.
(c) At Bertie's flat.
(d) At Aunt Dhalia's.
4. What does Corky do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is a novel writer.
(d) He is a poet.
5. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Rewrite it.
(c) Spill a drink on it.
(d) Throw it in the fire.
6. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
7. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(b) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
(c) Corky gambles his money away.
(d) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
8. What does Wilmot throw at the restaurant?
(a) Bread rolls.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A napkin.
9. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
(a) He gets bored easily.
(b) She feels he is too weak.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) She doesn't enjoy his company.
10. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
(a) It will take public attention away from her family.
(b) It will not be a financial success.
(c) It will embarrass her family.
(d) It will make Willoughby famous.
11. Who is Bicky's uncle?
(a) The Duke of Albany.
(b) The Duke of Chiswick.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) The Duke of York.
12. What had Bertie done the night before Jeeves arrives?
(a) Gotten hit in the head by a badminton racket.
(b) Gone drinking.
(c) Made a fool of himself at the opera.
(d) Had an argument with his fiancee's father.
13. What does Bicky's uncle decide after seeing how well his nephew is doing?
(a) He will move into Bicky's flat.
(b) Bicky no longer needs an allowance.
(c) Bicky should move home.
(d) Bicky needs a larger allowance.
14. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
(a) Take Bertie out for dinner.
(b) Go straight back to Bertie's.
(c) Buy himself a new dinner jacket.
(d) Go to the library and collect some books.
15. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
(a) Heacham House.
(b) High Street Books.
(c) Riggs and Ballinger.
(d) Valentine and Sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
2. How does Bertie feel about having Wilmot stay with him?
3. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
4. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
5. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)