|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl Gussie wants to marry do for a living?
(a) She is a showgirl.
(b) She is a model.
(c) She is an opera singer.
(d) She is an actress.
2. According to his mother, what does Wilmot enjoy doing?
(c) Painting watercolors.
(d) Playing the piano.
3. Where does Wilmot see his mother off?
(a) The docks.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) The airport.
(d) The train station.
4. What is Lady Malvern studying in America?
(a) National parks.
5. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
(a) It will make Willoughby famous.
(b) It will not be a financial success.
(c) It will embarrass her family.
(d) It will take public attention away from her family.
6. Where does Bertie hide Willoughby's book?
(a) A linen closet.
(b) In a bathroom cabinet.
(c) A night dresser.
(d) Under his mattress.
7. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
8. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are engaged.
(c) They are in-laws.
(d) They are former classmates.
9. How old is Wilmot?
(a) Seventeen yearls old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Twenty-three years old.
10. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
11. Who suggests that Wilmot stay with Bertie?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) Wilmot himself.
(c) Aunt Dahlia.
(d) Uncle Willoughby.
12. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
(a) Take Bertie out for dinner.
(b) Buy himself a new dinner jacket.
(c) Go straight back to Bertie's.
(d) Go to the library and collect some books.
13. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
14. What does Jeeves prepare for Bertie upon arriving at his home?
(a) A hangover cure.
(b) A clean set of clothes to wear.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) Some headache pills.
15. How does Jeeves raise money for Bicky?
(a) By selling his belongings.
(b) By selling Binky's homemade tonic.
(c) By betting on horses.
(d) By charging men to shake his uncle's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
2. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
3. How is Wilmot described by his mother?
4. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
5. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)