|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Wilmot in when he arrives back at Bertie's after his mother's departure?
(a) Wilmot is drunk.
(b) Wilmot is sleepy.
(c) Wilmot is depressed.
(d) Wilmot is ill.
2. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
3. In Chapter 2, who sends Bertie to America?
(a) His aunt Agatha.
(b) His aunt Dahlia.
(c) His uncle Henry.
(d) His uncle Thomas.
4. Why does Wilmot go to jail?
(a) For stealing a pocketwatch.
(b) For vandalizing Bertie's flat.
(c) For jaywalking.
(d) For assaulting a constable.
5. What does Wilmot throw at the restaurant?
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Bread rolls.
(d) A napkin.
6. What does Corky do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a novel writer.
(c) He is a poet.
(d) He is an artist.
7. Who will publish Willoughby's book?
(a) Valentine and Sons.
(b) Heacham House.
(c) Riggs and Ballinger.
(d) High Street Books.
8. Where does Bertie hide Willoughby's book?
(a) A linen closet.
(b) A night dresser.
(c) In a bathroom cabinet.
(d) Under his mattress.
9. Where does Wilmot see his mother off?
(a) The airport.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) The train station.
(d) The docks.
10. What is Bicky's full name?
11. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
12. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
(a) She feels he is too weak.
(b) She doesn't enjoy his company.
(c) He gets bored easily.
(d) It would cost too much money.
13. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
(a) It will embarrass her family.
(b) It will make Willoughby famous.
(c) It will not be a financial success.
(d) It will take public attention away from her family.
14. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
15. What does Jeeves tell Bicky he must do in order to raise money?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Visit a casino.
(c) Write and publish a story about the situation.
(d) Sell his family heirlooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilmot intend to do while his mother is away?
2. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
3. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
4. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
5. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)