Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
(a) Locked in a closet.
(b) Tied to the kitchen table.
(c) Lying on Bertie's bed.
(d) Digging through the trash.
2. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
(a) Bertie tells Jeeves to apologize.
(b) Bertie pats Jeeves on the back.
(c) Bertie fires Jeeves.
(d) Bertie doesn't understand Jeeves' explanation.
3. Who pretends to be Bicky's servant while his uncle visits?
4. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
(a) It will make Willoughby famous.
(b) It will not be a financial success.
(c) It will embarrass her family.
(d) It will take public attention away from her family.
5. What is the title of Willoughby's book?
(a) A Gentleman's European Travelogue.
(b) The Bird Species of England.
(c) Recollections of a Long Life.
(d) How Rome Did Fall.
6. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
(a) He is not upset.
(b) He is angry with Willoughby.
(c) He pretends not to care.
(d) He is devastated.
7. Where does Bertie go to avoid Wilmot?
(a) To a resort town.
(b) To his aunt's house.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To stay in the country.
8. Who is Edwin?
(a) Willoughby's servant.
(b) Florence's brother.
(c) Bertie's cousin.
(d) Willoughby's son.
9. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
(a) Horse racing.
10. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(b) Corky gambles his money away.
(c) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
(d) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
11. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
(a) A Great Dane.
(b) A Labrador.
(c) A bull terrier.
(d) A fox hound.
12. What group does Edwin belong to?
(a) The Woodcraft Folk.
(b) The Boy Scouts.
(c) The Boys Brigade.
(d) The Royal Rangers.
13. What does Bicky intend to do with any money Jeeves raises for him?
(a) Start a sheep farm.
(b) Start a dairy farm.
(c) Start a fruit farm.
(d) Start a chicken farm.
14. What does Jeeves give Wilmot the morning after his mother leaves?
(a) A health tonic.
(b) A hangover cure.
(c) Some flu medicine.
(d) A letter from his mother.
15. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Spill a drink on it.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Throw it in the fire.
(d) Rewrite it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
2. What is Florence's surname?
3. Which city does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
4. What does Florence send Bertie at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)