|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he did with the book?
(a) Threw it in the fire.
(b) Placed it under Willoughby's bed.
(c) Gave it to Edwin.
(d) Mailed it to the publisher.
2. What has Willoughby written a book about?
(a) The history of Rome.
(b) English Birds.
(c) His life as a young man.
(d) His travels in Europe.
3. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) One month.
4. Where is Wilmot's dog found?
(a) Tied to the kitchen table.
(b) Locked in a closet.
(c) Digging through the trash.
(d) Lying on Bertie's bed.
5. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
(d) Small change.
6. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(b) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
(c) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
(d) Corky gambles his money away.
7. According to his mother, what does Wilmot enjoy doing?
(a) Painting watercolors.
(b) Playing the piano.
8. What does Florence tell Bertie to do to Willoughby's book?
(a) Rewrite it.
(b) Throw it in the fire.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Spill a drink on it.
9. What is Bicky's full name?
10. Where does Bicky live?
(d) New York.
11. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
(a) At Sidney's house.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At Bertie's flat.
(d) At Aunt Dhalia's.
12. What is Bertie told to tell Lady Malvern should she return before Wilmot is out of jail?
(a) That Wilmot joined a camping trip.
(b) That Wilmot went home.
(c) That Wilmot went to Boston.
(d) That Wilmot eloped.
13. What had Bertie done the night before Jeeves arrives?
(a) Gotten hit in the head by a badminton racket.
(b) Gone drinking.
(c) Had an argument with his fiancee's father.
(d) Made a fool of himself at the opera.
14. What does Corky do for a living?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is a novel writer.
(d) He is an artist.
15. What state is Wilmot in when he arrives back at Bertie's after his mother's departure?
(a) Wilmot is ill.
(b) Wilmot is depressed.
(c) Wilmot is drunk.
(d) Wilmot is sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
2. What does Jeeves give Wilmot the morning after his mother leaves?
3. Who is Willoughby?
4. Why does Wilmot hit the constable?
5. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)