|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
(a) He writes a humorous book.
(b) He produces a popular play.
(c) He paints a masterpiece.
(d) He sells a cartoon to a newspaper.
2. Which of Florence's family members does Willoughby mention in his book?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is Florence's surname?
4. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(a) The eighteenth century.
(b) The twenty-first century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The nineteeth century.
5. Which state does Bicky's uncle want him to move to?
6. Who is Willoughby?
(a) Florence's neighbor.
(b) Bertie's uncle.
(c) Bertie's grandfather.
(d) Florence's uncle.
7. What is Wilmot told to do after seeing his mother off?
(a) Buy himself a new dinner jacket.
(b) Go straight back to Bertie's.
(c) Take Bertie out for dinner.
(d) Go to the library and collect some books.
8. Where does Jeeves suggest Bicky's uncle stay while visiting?
(a) At Aunt Dhalia's.
(b) At Sidney's house.
(c) At Bertie's flat.
(d) At a hotel.
9. Where does Wilmot see his mother off?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) The train station.
(c) The docks.
(d) The airport.
10. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
11. What is Lady Malvern studying in America?
(d) National parks.
12. At the beginning of "Jeeves Takes Charge", what does Bertie discover his valet is stealing from him?
(a) Small change.
13. What is Bertie's surname?
14. How long does Lady Malvern intend to leave Wilmot at Bertie's flat?
(a) Three months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) A fortnight.
15. What has Willoughby written a book about?
(a) The history of Rome.
(b) English Birds.
(c) His life as a young man.
(d) His travels in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Bicky's uncle originally want his nephew to do?
2. What does Corky do for a living?
3. Where does Willoughby leave his book to await being taken to the publisher?
4. Why does his uncle finally give Bicky enough money to start his farm?
5. What is the name of Corky's rich uncle?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)