|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bicky's full name?
2. Why does Corky's uncle revoke his inheritance?
(a) Corky paints a horrible portrait.
(b) Corky marries against his uncle's wishes.
(c) Corky gambles his money away.
(d) Corky offends his uncle's wife.
3. Why doesn't Lady Malvern want to travel with her son?
(a) He gets bored easily.
(b) She doesn't enjoy his company.
(c) It would cost too much money.
(d) She feels he is too weak.
4. What kind of dog does Wilmot bring to Bertie's flat?
(a) A Labrador.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A fox hound.
(d) A bull terrier.
5. What century does "Jeeves Takes Charge" take place in?
(a) The twentieth century.
(b) The nineteeth century.
(c) The eighteenth century.
(d) The twenty-first century.
6. What does Bicky intend to do with any money Jeeves raises for him?
(a) Start a fruit farm.
(b) Start a chicken farm.
(c) Start a sheep farm.
(d) Start a dairy farm.
7. How does Corky make a fortune at the end of the story?
(a) He paints a masterpiece.
(b) He produces a popular play.
(c) He sells a cartoon to a newspaper.
(d) He writes a humorous book.
8. What is Corky's fiancée's surname?
9. How does Bertie feel when Florence breaks up with him?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He pretends not to care.
(c) He is not upset.
(d) He is angry with Willoughby.
10. What does Jeeves prepare for Bertie upon arriving at his home?
(a) A hangover cure.
(b) Some headache pills.
(c) A clean set of clothes to wear.
(d) A cup of tea.
11. Who is Gussie?
(a) Bertie's brother.
(b) Bertie's cousin
(c) Bertie's nephew.
(d) Bertie's childhood friend.
12. What is Florence's relation to Bertie?
(a) They are in-laws.
(b) They are former classmates.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are cousins.
13. What title does Jeeves come up with for the work Corky sells?
(a) The Adventures of Baby Blobbs.
(b) A Damsel in Distress.
(c) One Touch of Nature.
(d) Love Among the Chickens.
14. How does Bertie react to Jeeves' actions with Willoughby's book?
(a) Bertie tells Jeeves to apologize.
(b) Bertie doesn't understand Jeeves' explanation.
(c) Bertie pats Jeeves on the back.
(d) Bertie fires Jeeves.
15. How does Lady Malvern feel after learning why her son is in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Florence about Willoughby's book?
2. What does Wilmot intend to do while his mother is away?
3. What is the name of Corky's rich uncle?
4. What does Bicky's uncle decide after seeing how well his nephew is doing?
5. What does Bertie prepare after seeing what Wilmot has been up to in his flat?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)