• Bertie Wooster fires his valet, Meadowes, for stealing silk socks.
• Bertie hires a new valet - Jeeves - after Jeeves concocts a hangover cure for him.
• Bertie's fiancée, Florence, is upset by Bertie's Uncle Willoughby's plans to publish a memoir which references her father.
• Florence tells Bertie to steal Willoughby's book before it can be sent to its publisher or else she will not marry him.
• Bertie steals and hides Willoughby's book in his room.
• Jeeves finds the book and sends it to the publisher.
• Florence breaks up with Bertie and Bertie fires Jeeves for sending the book to the publisher
• Bertie realizes he's not upset to be without Florence and that Jeeves did the right thing - he rehires Jeeves.
• Aunt Agatha sends Bertie to America to stop his cousin Gussie from marrying a girl.
• In America, Bertie's friend Corky asks for help in...
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)