Part 1: Page 1-74
1. What are the girls talking about in gym class?
(a) The prom.
2. How is Carrie treated at home?
(a) She is adored and spoiled.
(b) She is treated normally.
(c) She is abused.
(d) She is ignored.
3. What is Carrie doing at the end of gym class that begins the plot of the story?
(a) Talking with the other girls about the prom.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Reading a book on metaphysics.
(d) Asking for an excuse to not participate that day.
4. Why does Carrie become hysterical in gym class?
(a) She breaks her ankle.
(b) The girls put her in a shower and blasted her with cold water.
(c) She starts her menstrual cycle and doesn't know what it is.
(d) She breaks her arm.
5. What do the girls do when they see Carrie with blood running down her legs?
(c) Go and get the teacher.
(d) Throw her a tampon.
6. What does Sue Snell suddenly realize?
(a) That Carrie has never had her menstrual cycle before.
(b) That Carrie is younger than the rest of them.
(c) That Carrie is almost deaf.
(d) That Carrie is almost blind.
This section contains 4,885 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)