|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Aston?
2. Which character seems most capable of violence?
3. Which character best fits the stereotypical portrait of a welfare recipient?
4. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
5. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the play's ambiguous ending? What predictions is the reader supposed to make based on the ending of the play?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)