|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems most capable of violence?
2. Who wants to build a shed in the backyard?
3. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
4. Where does Aston most likely get his money?
5. Which of the following is Mick least likely to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davies has unjustified expectations of the way he should be treated. How is this represented in his words and deeds? How do the other characters react to this? How does it become part of the central conflict?
Essay Topic 2
What elements of foreshadowing are there in the play? How does foreshadowing contribute to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Harold Pinter choose to make The Caretaker a play as opposed to a novel or short story? What elements of the story make it ideal for a play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)