|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the shed in the backyard be used for?
2. Which character is vacuuming the house?
3. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
4. Who is Mick altruistic toward?
5. What job does Mick offer to Davies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What is the purpose of the play's ambiguous ending? What predictions is the reader supposed to make based on the ending of the play?
Essay Topic 2Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
Essay Topic 3Why is the setting important to the play? What is special about the room being a setting? Why is another type of setting incompatible with the play?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)