|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Mick offer to Davies?
2. Why does Davies want the window shut when he sleeps?
3. Due to his mental illness, where is Aston sent to recover?
4. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
5. Who is Mick altruistic toward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the play's ambiguous ending? What predictions is the reader supposed to make based on the ending of the play?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)