|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
2. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
3. Which character can best be described as generous?
4. What is part of the job description that Aston offers Davies?
5. Which of the following does Davies refuse to do throughout his life?
Essay Topic 1
What is the central cause of conflict in The Caretaker? What characters cause the conflict and which try to appease it?
Essay Topic 2
The play is divided into three acts. Why is this significant? What is the purpose of each act? Is it significant that there are only three characters as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main goal of each character? What evidence exists of this goal? What do they hope to accomplish by the time the play is over?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)