|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
2. What is a physical side effect of the treatment Aston receives?
3. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
4. Which character would be best described as arrogant?
5. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does "The Caretaker" in the play's title refer to? Give at least five pieces of evidence to add strength to your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance in having only three characters in the play? How does the small number of characters benefit the story? What consequences are a result of having so few characters?
Essay Topic 3
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)