|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Aston when he resists mental treatment?
2. Who must sleep with the window open?
3. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
4. Who wants to build a shed in the backyard?
5. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Harold Pinter choose to make The Caretaker a play as opposed to a novel or short story? What elements of the story make it ideal for a play?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)