|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
2. Who is kept awake by his roommates sleep sounds?
3. Why does Davies want the window shut when he sleeps?
4. Which word best describes Aston?
5. What is part of the job description that Aston offers Davies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
Essay Topic 2
What elements of foreshadowing are there in the play? How does foreshadowing contribute to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
What items in the play are elements of symbolism? One important example is the Buddha statue. Why is this particular figure symbolic?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)