|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
2. Due to his mental illness, where is Aston sent to recover?
3. Who wants to build a shed in the backyard?
4. How have Aston's social skills changed since his treatment for mental illness?
5. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Harold Pinter choose to make The Caretaker a play as opposed to a novel or short story? What elements of the story make it ideal for a play?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
Essay Topic 3
Who does "The Caretaker" in the play's title refer to? Give at least five pieces of evidence to add strength to your opinion.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)