|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is vacuuming the house?
2. What kind of pattern does Davies say he would like better than the pattern Aston gives him?
3. What is ironic about Davies's bag being gone?
4. Which of the following does Davies not complain about?
5. What has happened to the bag in which Davies originally had his belongings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is altruism a theme in The Caretaker? How is selfishness also a juxtaposing theme in the play? What role do both of these play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the play's ambiguous ending? What predictions is the reader supposed to make based on the ending of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the play's central conflict. Who is the winner of the conflict? Why is this person considered the winner?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)