|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems most capable of violence?
2. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
3. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
4. What altruistic deed does Mick perform?
5. What is evidence that the rewards of Aston's good deed are wearing through?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting important to the play? What is special about the room being a setting? Why is another type of setting incompatible with the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Harold Pinter choose to make The Caretaker a play as opposed to a novel or short story? What elements of the story make it ideal for a play?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)