|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
2. How have Aston's social skills changed since his treatment for mental illness?
3. Who must sleep with the window open?
4. What is a physical side effect of the treatment Aston receives?
5. How many people offer Davies a job in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mick and Aston are brothers who watch out for each other. What is their relationship like? Why do they have this relationship? Why is the relationship between Mick and Aston an important plot point in the play?
Essay Topic 2
What elements of foreshadowing are there in the play? How does foreshadowing contribute to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
The play is divided into three acts. Why is this significant? What is the purpose of each act? Is it significant that there are only three characters as well? Why or why not?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)