|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the shed in the backyard be used for?
2. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
3. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
4. Which of the following is Mick least likely to do?
5. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What items in the play are elements of symbolism? One important example is the Buddha statue. Why is this particular figure symbolic?
Essay Topic 2
How is altruism a theme in The Caretaker? How is selfishness also a juxtaposing theme in the play? What role do both of these play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the play's central conflict. Who is the winner of the conflict? Why is this person considered the winner?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)