|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the shed in the backyard be used for?
2. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
3. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
4. Which word best describes Aston?
5. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What specific part of the play is considered the climax? What effect does the climax have on the play? What does it reveal about the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Harold Pinter choose to make The Caretaker a play as opposed to a novel or short story? What elements of the story make it ideal for a play?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the setting important to the play? What is special about the room being a setting? Why is another type of setting incompatible with the play?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)