|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aston most likely get his money?
2. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
3. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
4. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
5. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Harold Pinter choose to make The Caretaker a play as opposed to a novel or short story? What elements of the story make it ideal for a play?
Essay Topic 2
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? What evidence points to the play's title being relevant to the story? Is there anything ironic about the title?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)