|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character seems most capable of violence?
2. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
3. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
4. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
5. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the play's central conflict. Who is the winner of the conflict? Why is this person considered the winner?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance in having only three characters in the play? How does the small number of characters benefit the story? What consequences are a result of having so few characters?
Essay Topic 3
What elements of foreshadowing are there in the play? How does foreshadowing contribute to the play as a whole?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)