|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one word to describe Davies?
2. What is one word to describe Aston?
3. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
4. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
5. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mick respond to Davies' complaints in Act III?
2. Does Aston receive any positive recognition for taking Davies in? How does this make him feel?
3. Why does Mick feel as if he has to protect Aston?
4. While the Buddha statue is symbolic, in what way is it shown that the statue does not represent the specific reason why Aston does good deeds?
5. In Act II, does Aston seem satisfied in his efforts to help Davies?
6. What might the reason be for Davies being chased away from the monastery?
7. Why does Aston want to build the shed before going after the man who hurt him?
8. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
9. In what ways does Davies show he has unjustified expectations in Act I?
10. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements of foreshadowing are there in the play? How does foreshadowing contribute to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Who does "The Caretaker" in the play's title refer to? Give at least five pieces of evidence to add strength to your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Mick and Aston are brothers who watch out for each other. What is their relationship like? Why do they have this relationship? Why is the relationship between Mick and Aston an important plot point in the play?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)