|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
2. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
3. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
4. What represents Aston's good deeds?
5. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aston's experience at the mental hospital.
2. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
3. What motivates Davies?
4. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
5. Why does Mick throw the Buddha statue?
6. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
7. Why might Aston be receiving so much help from Mick?
8. What is wrong with the shoes that Aston brings for Davies? Does Davies have valid complaints?
9. Which character has the most painful past?
10. Where does it seem that Aston gets money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the past of each character significant to the events in The Caretaker?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
Essay Topic 3
Davies has unjustified expectations of the way he should be treated. How is this represented in his words and deeds? How do the other characters react to this? How does it become part of the central conflict?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)