|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
3. How did Davies feel about his job?
4. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
5. What is one word to describe Aston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict in Act I?
2. Describe Aston's experience at the mental hospital.
3. Why does Davies deny making noises in his sleep rather than just admitting it?
4. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
5. What is one of the major themes of Act I?
6. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
7. While the Buddha statue is symbolic, in what way is it shown that the statue does not represent the specific reason why Aston does good deeds?
8. How is irony used in Act I?
9. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
10. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
Essay Topic 1
What specific part of the play is considered the climax? What effect does the climax have on the play? What does it reveal about the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Who does "The Caretaker" in the play's title refer to? Give at least five pieces of evidence to add strength to your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the three main characters in The Caretaker and analyze them. Consider the dialogue they use, the way they earn their money, and their past. What kind of a person is this character? How developed is the character?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)