|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
2. Where does Aston live?
3. What is one word to describe Aston?
4. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
5. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Davies show he has unjustified expectations in Act I?
2. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
3. Why does Mick throw the Buddha statue?
4. Why does Davies have several insurance cards?
5. Both Aston and Mick offer Davies the same job. Why do they have different reasons for offering the job to him?
6. Why does Mick want to put a stop to Aston's assisting Davies?
7. What motivates Davies?
8. In Act II, does Aston seem satisfied in his efforts to help Davies?
9. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
10. What is wrong with the shoes that Aston brings for Davies? Does Davies have valid complaints?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the play's title? What evidence points to the play's title being relevant to the story? Is there anything ironic about the title?
Essay Topic 2
What is the central cause of conflict in The Caretaker? What characters cause the conflict and which try to appease it?
Essay Topic 3
What specific part of the play is considered the climax? What effect does the climax have on the play? What does it reveal about the characters?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)