Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
2. What is one word to describe Aston?
3. What represents Aston's good deeds?
4. How old is Aston?
5. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
2. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
3. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
4. Both Aston and Mick offer Davies the same job. Why do they have different reasons for offering the job to him?
5. Describe the setting of Act I.
6. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
7. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
8. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
9. Why does Davies insult Aston's mental illness?
10. What physical items does Davies get from Aston in Act I?
Essay Topic 1
What items in the play are elements of symbolism? One important example is the Buddha statue. Why is this particular figure symbolic?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the setting important to the play? What is special about the room being a setting? Why is another type of setting incompatible with the play?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the play's ambiguous ending? What predictions is the reader supposed to make based on the ending of the play?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)