|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Davies, who lives next door?
2. Which description best matches Davies?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
4. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
5. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mick feel as if he has to protect Aston?
2. Why does Davies have several insurance cards?
3. Describe Aston's experience at the mental hospital.
4. Where does it seem that Aston gets money?
5. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
6. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
7. What physical items does Davies get from Aston in Act I?
8. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
9. How does Davies respond when Aston tells him he should find a new place to live?
10. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the setting important to the play? What is special about the room being a setting? Why is another type of setting incompatible with the play?
Essay Topic 2
Mick and Aston are brothers who watch out for each other. What is their relationship like? Why do they have this relationship? Why is the relationship between Mick and Aston an important plot point in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the past of each character significant to the events in The Caretaker?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)