|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
2. What is one word to describe Davies?
3. How did Davies feel about his job?
4. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
5. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mick feel as if he has to protect Aston?
2. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
3. What causes Mick to finally show anger toward Davies?
4. How does Mick respond to Davies' complaints in Act III?
5. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
6. What are some of the complaints Davies has about Aston in Act III?
7. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
8. Why does Mick throw the Buddha statue?
9. Describe Mick.
10. How is irony used in Act I?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the main goal of each character? What evidence exists of this goal? What do they hope to accomplish by the time the play is over?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the play's title? What evidence points to the play's title being relevant to the story? Is there anything ironic about the title?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the play's ambiguous ending? What predictions is the reader supposed to make based on the ending of the play?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)