Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
2. What is one word to describe Aston?
3. What represents Aston's good deeds?
4. How old is Aston?
5. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
2. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
3. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
4. Both Aston and Mick offer Davies the same job. Why do they have different reasons for offering the job to him?
5. Describe the setting of Act I.
6. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
7. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
8. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
9. Why does Davies insult Aston's mental illness?
10. What physical items does Davies get from Aston in Act I?
Essay Topic 1
Is the playwright trying to send a moral message to the reader through the play? What is the message the playwright is trying to send? Does Pinter accomplish his goal?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the play's central conflict. Who is the winner of the conflict? Why is this person considered the winner?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance in having only three characters in the play? How does the small number of characters benefit the story? What consequences are a result of having so few characters?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)