|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
(a) The house settling.
(b) A pet.
(c) Wild animals.
(d) The neighbors.
2. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
3. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
(a) They were stolen goods.
(b) He dropped them.
(c) He didn't have time to grab them before leaving.
(d) He didn't want them anymore.
4. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(a) Dirty laundry.
(b) Cans of paint.
(c) Bowls and cups.
5. Why is there a bucket in the room in which Act I takes place?
(a) To catch rain drops.
(b) To catch rodents.
(c) To hold painting supplies.
(d) To catch falling plaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
2. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
3. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
4. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
5. What is one word to describe Davies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
2. What physical items does Davies get from Aston in Act I?
3. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
4. What mutual agreement do Aston and Mick come to at the end of the play?
5. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
6. What factors make it difficult for Aston to continue helping Davies?
7. Describe the setting of Act I.
8. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
9. Why was Davies fired?
10. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)