|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
2. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) In the monastery
(b) On the floor.
(c) The second bed.
(d) In Aston's backyard.
3. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) An old tramp.
(b) A young student.
(c) A lazy employee.
(d) An elderly gentleman.
4. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
5. Where is the bucket located?
(a) On a kitchen counter.
(b) On the stove.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) Hanging from the ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Mick and Aston related?
2. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
3. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
4. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
5. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aston want to build a shed?
2. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
3. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
4. In Act II, does Aston seem satisfied in his efforts to help Davies?
5. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
6. Why does Mick feel as if he has to protect Aston?
7. What altruistic deed does Mick do for Aston?
8. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
9. Why does Aston stand up for the tramp when he is about to get into a fight with the restaurant employer?
10. Why is Davies so defensive that he actually pulls a knife on Mick when he is scared by him?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)