|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
2. Why is Davies fired?
(a) He stopped coming in to work.
(b) He was unwilling to do his job.
(c) He came to work with poor hygiene.
(d) He was bad at doing his job.
3. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) A public restroom.
(b) A fast-food restaurant.
(c) The library.
(d) The restaurant.
4. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
(a) They are torn.
(b) They don't have his real name
(c) They don't have a signature.
(d) They don't have a specific stamp.
5. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) A pair of socks.
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) Two meals.
(d) One meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
2. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
3. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
4. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
5. How are Mick and Aston related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mick.
2. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
3. What motivates Davies?
4. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
5. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
6. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
7. According to the play's message, when is altruism best?
8. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
9. Why might Aston be receiving so much help from Mick?
10. Is Aston at all self-centered in taking in Davies?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)