|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So Davies can get to the bed.
(b) So they can invite somebody over.
(c) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(d) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
2. Where is the bucket located?
(a) On the stove.
(b) On a kitchen counter.
(c) Hanging from the ceiling.
(d) In the bathtub.
3. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(b) Dirty laundry.
(c) Bowls and cups.
(d) Cans of paint.
4. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) A lazy employee.
(b) An elderly gentleman.
(c) An old tramp.
(d) A young student.
5. What is the first important event in the play?
(a) Davies finds an insurance card.
(b) Davies goes to the monastery.
(c) Davies is fired.
(d) Aston is renovating his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on top of the gas stove?
2. Why does Aston step in to help Davies?
3. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
4. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
2. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
3. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
4. Is Aston at all self-centered in taking in Davies?
5. While the Buddha statue is symbolic, in what way is it shown that the statue does not represent the specific reason why Aston does good deeds?
6. Which character has the most painful past?
7. How is irony used in Act I?
8. Why is Davies so defensive that he actually pulls a knife on Mick when he is scared by him?
9. Describe the climax in Act III.
10. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)