|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on top of the gas stove?
(a) Buddha statue.
(b) Penguin statue.
(c) Virgin Mary statue.
(d) Frog statue.
2. How old is Aston?
(a) Early twenties.
(b) Early fifties.
(c) Early fourties.
(d) Early thirties.
3. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Go to the store.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Clean the room.
(d) Lie on the floor.
4. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The house is being renovated.
(b) The tenant is just a messy person.
(c) The house has burned down.
(d) Aston is in the room illegally.
5. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A cluttered room.
(d) A child's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one word to describe Davies?
2. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
3. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
4. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
5. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Aston to finally start packing a bag for Davies to leave?
2. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
3. How does Davies feel about being fired from the restaurant?
4. Why does Mick throw the Buddha statue?
5. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
6. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
7. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
8. Describe the climax in Act III.
9. What foreshadowing is indicated in the fact that Davies was fired?
10. While the Buddha statue is symbolic, in what way is it shown that the statue does not represent the specific reason why Aston does good deeds?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)