|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first important event in the play?
(a) Aston is renovating his home.
(b) Davies goes to the monastery.
(c) Davies is fired.
(d) Davies finds an insurance card.
2. Why does Aston step in to help Davies?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To please his religious figure.
(c) Out of the kindness of his heart.
(d) To impress somebody else.
3. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
4. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
(b) Plot twist.
5. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
(a) Driver's licenses.
(b) Identification cards.
(d) Insurance cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
2. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
3. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
4. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mick offer to sell the house to Davies?
2. Why does Aston want to build the shed before going after the man who hurt him?
3. Why does Aston want to build a shed?
4. Why does Davies have several insurance cards?
5. What altruistic deed does Mick do for Aston?
6. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
7. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
8. While the Buddha statue is symbolic, in what way is it shown that the statue does not represent the specific reason why Aston does good deeds?
9. What is one of the major themes of Act I?
10. Why does Aston stand up for the tramp when he is about to get into a fight with the restaurant employer?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)