|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) One meal.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) Two meals.
2. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) Aston is Mick's father.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Mick is Aston's uncle.
3. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(b) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(c) So Davies can get to the bed.
(d) So they can invite somebody over.
4. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
(a) Making noises in his sleep.
(b) Stealing from Aston.
(c) Making the room a mess.
(d) Eating breakfast.
5. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(b) A set of keys.
(c) An identification card.
(d) An outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
2. Why is Davies fired?
3. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
4. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
5. How old is Aston?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Davies feel about being fired from the restaurant?
2. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
3. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
4. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
5. Describe the climax in Act III.
6. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
7. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
8. What might the reason be for Davies being chased away from the monastery?
9. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
10. In what ways does Davies show he has unjustified expectations in Act I?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)