|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) Two meals.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) One meal.
(d) A place to sleep.
2. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
(a) Birth certificate.
(b) Immunization record.
(c) Insurance card.
3. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him another job.
(b) To find him somebody to stay with.
(c) To find another pair of shoes.
(d) To find him another place to stay.
4. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
5. How did Davies feel about his job?
(a) It was too easy.
(b) It was too hard.
(c) It was beneath him.
(d) His manager hated him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
2. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
3. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
4. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
5. Where is the bucket located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What negative things does Aston put up with in Act II?
2. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
3. What mutual agreement do Aston and Mick come to at the end of the play?
4. Why does Mick throw the Buddha statue?
5. Describe the climax in Act III.
6. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
7. Which character has the most painful past?
8. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
9. What motivates Davies?
10. Why does Mick offer to sell the house to Davies?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)