|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
(a) He needs to report his address.
(b) He needs a new insurance card.
(c) He needs to see a doctor.
(d) He needs to get his papers.
2. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
3. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(c) So Davies can get to the bed.
(d) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
4. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
(a) Making the room a mess.
(b) Making noises in his sleep.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Stealing from Aston.
5. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Aston is Mick's father.
(d) Mick is Aston's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which description best matches Davies?
2. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
3. According to Davies, who lives next door?
4. Where does Aston live?
5. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
2. How does Davies respond when Aston tells him he should find a new place to live?
3. In what ways does Davies show he has unjustified expectations in Act I?
4. What mutual agreement do Aston and Mick come to at the end of the play?
5. Why does Davies have several insurance cards?
6. What motivates Davies?
7. Both Aston and Mick offer Davies the same job. Why do they have different reasons for offering the job to him?
8. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
9. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
10. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)