|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many beds are in the room in which Act I takes place?
2. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
(a) Stealing from Aston.
(b) Making noises in his sleep.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Making the room a mess.
3. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
4. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him somebody to stay with.
(b) To find him another job.
(c) To find another pair of shoes.
(d) To find him another place to stay.
5. Where is the bucket located?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) Hanging from the ceiling.
(c) On a kitchen counter.
(d) On the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
2. What is on top of the gas stove?
3. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
4. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
5. What is one word to describe Aston?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
2. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
3. What foreshadowing is indicated in the fact that Davies was fired?
4. What motivates Davies?
5. Why does Mick feel as if he has to protect Aston?
6. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
7. Describe the climax in Act III.
8. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
9. What might the reason be for Davies being chased away from the monastery?
10. Is Aston at all self-centered in taking in Davies?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)