|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
(d) Plot twist.
2. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
(a) They don't fit.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are missing laces.
(d) They are too dirty.
3. What is one word to describe Davies?
4. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) In the monastery
(b) On the floor.
(c) The second bed.
(d) In Aston's backyard.
5. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
2. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
3. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
4. Which of the following is part of the setting?
5. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aston want to build a shed?
2. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
3. Why does Mick offer to sell the house to Davies?
4. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
5. Describe the climax in Act III.
6. Describe Mick.
7. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
8. Where does it seem that Aston gets money?
9. What foreshadowing is indicated in the fact that Davies was fired?
10. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)