|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) An elderly gentleman.
(b) A lazy employee.
(c) An old tramp.
(d) A young student.
2. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies going to the monastery.
(b) Davies missing his shoes.
(c) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(d) Davies being fired.
3. What represents Aston's good deeds?
(a) The unplugged stove.
(b) The boxes of junk.
(c) The sink.
(d) The statue of Buddha.
4. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
(a) They were stolen goods.
(b) He dropped them.
(c) He didn't want them anymore.
(d) He didn't have time to grab them before leaving.
5. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
(a) They are missing laces.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They don't fit.
(d) They are too dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Davies feel about his job?
2. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
3. Which of the following is part of the setting?
4. How is the reader meant to feel about Aston?
5. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
2. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
3. How does Mick respond to Davies' complaints in Act III?
4. What foreshadowing is indicated in the fact that Davies was fired?
5. Why does Mick feel as if he has to protect Aston?
6. Why does Aston want to build the shed before going after the man who hurt him?
7. In Act II, does Aston seem satisfied in his efforts to help Davies?
8. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
9. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
10. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)