|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(a) Boxes of books.
(b) The bedding.
(c) Piles of laundry.
2. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) One meal.
(c) Two meals.
(d) A pair of socks.
3. How old is Mick?
(a) Early forties.
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Early thirties.
4. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
5. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Mick is Aston's uncle.
(c) Aston is Mick's father.
(d) They are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
2. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
3. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
4. Why is Davies fired?
5. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
2. What prompts Aston to finally start packing a bag for Davies to leave?
3. Why might Aston be receiving so much help from Mick?
4. Why does Aston stand up for the tramp when he is about to get into a fight with the restaurant employer?
5. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
6. Why does Davies insult Aston's mental illness?
7. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
8. What is one of the major themes of Act I?
9. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
10. Why does Aston want to build the shed before going after the man who hurt him?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)