|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one word to describe Davies?
2. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) A thief.
(b) An offended woman.
(c) A drunk man.
(d) Davies's employer.
3. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
5. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
(a) Making noises in his sleep.
(b) Making the room a mess.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Stealing from Aston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
2. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
3. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
4. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
5. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
2. What does Davies promise to do if Aston lets him stay? Is he genuine?
3. What is ironic about Davies complaining about the window?
4. What causes the conflict in Act I?
5. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
6. Why does Aston want to build a shed?
7. What is one of the major themes of Act I?
8. Why does Davies insult Aston's mental illness?
9. Why does Mick pay off Davies after he insults him?
10. Why does Davies deny making noises in his sleep rather than just admitting it?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)