|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(b) So Davies can get to the bed.
(c) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(d) So they can invite somebody over.
2. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
(a) He vandalizes the room.
(b) He goes through the boxes.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He looks the room over.
3. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
4. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The house is being renovated.
(b) Aston is in the room illegally.
(c) The tenant is just a messy person.
(d) The house has burned down.
5. Why is Davies fired?
(a) He stopped coming in to work.
(b) He was unwilling to do his job.
(c) He came to work with poor hygiene.
(d) He was bad at doing his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bucket located?
2. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
3. What is one word to describe Aston?
4. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
5. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What negative things does Aston put up with in Act II?
2. Why does Aston want to build a shed?
3. How is irony used in Act I?
4. Why does Aston stand up for the tramp when he is about to get into a fight with the restaurant employer?
5. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
6. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
7. Describe the setting of Act I.
8. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
9. Why was Davies fired?
10. Describe the climax in Act III.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)