|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Clean the room.
(c) Lie on the floor.
(d) Go to the store.
2. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) The library.
(b) A fast-food restaurant.
(c) A public restroom.
(d) The restaurant.
3. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
(c) Plot twist.
4. How old is Mick?
(a) Early forties.
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Early thirties.
5. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(a) Groaning and jabbering.
(b) He talks about his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
2. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
3. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
4. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
5. Where is the bucket located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major themes of Act I?
2. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
3. What physical items does Davies get from Aston in Act I?
4. What causes the conflict in Act I?
5. What foreshadowing is indicated in the fact that Davies was fired?
6. Why does Aston stand up for the tramp when he is about to get into a fight with the restaurant employer?
7. Why does Aston want to build the shed before going after the man who hurt him?
8. What altruistic deed does Mick do for Aston?
9. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
10. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)