|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A cluttered room.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) A child's room.
2. Where is the bucket located?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) On a kitchen counter.
(c) On the stove.
(d) Hanging from the ceiling.
3. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
4. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
5. What is one word to describe Davies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
2. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
3. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
4. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
5. Why is there a bucket in the room in which Act I takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
2. Why does Davies have several insurance cards?
3. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
4. What causes the conflict in Act I?
5. What causes Mick to finally show anger toward Davies?
6. Why does Davies insult Aston's mental illness?
7. What does Davies promise to do if Aston lets him stay? Is he genuine?
8. Why might Aston be receiving so much help from Mick?
9. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
10. Why does Mick want to put a stop to Aston's assisting Davies?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)