|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mick?
(a) Early fifties.
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Early forties.
(d) Early thirties.
2. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) Aston is in the room illegally.
(b) The house is being renovated.
(c) The tenant is just a messy person.
(d) The house has burned down.
3. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A crate.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A bag.
4. Which of the following is part of the setting?
(a) A pile of shower curtains.
(b) A kitchen sink.
(c) A large sofa.
(d) A bathtub.
5. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
(a) He visits the neighbors.
(b) He goes to the store.
(c) He goes through the boxes.
(d) He cleans the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
2. Why is there a bucket in the room in which Act I takes place?
3. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
4. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
5. What is the first important event in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the major themes of Act I?
2. What causes Mick to finally show anger toward Davies?
3. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
4. How does Aston show that he is thankful for the help that Mick gives him?
5. In what way is Mick "the caretaker" mentioned in the play's title?
6. Why does Mick tell Davies he will kick Aston out of the house?
7. Why might Aston be receiving so much help from Mick?
8. How does Davies feel about being fired from the restaurant?
9. How does Davies respond when Aston tells him he should find a new place to live?
10. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)