|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
(a) They are missing laces.
(b) They don't fit.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) They are too dirty.
2. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
(a) They don't have a specific stamp.
(b) They are torn.
(c) They don't have his real name
(d) They don't have a signature.
3. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So Davies can get to the bed.
(b) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(c) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(d) So they can invite somebody over.
4. Which of the following is part of the setting?
(a) A kitchen sink.
(b) A large sofa.
(c) A pile of shower curtains.
(d) A bathtub.
5. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Davies, who lives next door?
2. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
3. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
4. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
5. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What altruistic deed does Mick do for Aston?
2. Is Aston at all self-centered in taking in Davies?
3. Why does Mick offer to sell the house to Davies?
4. Does Aston receive any positive recognition for taking Davies in? How does this make him feel?
5. Which character has the most painful past?
6. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
7. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
8. What causes Mick to finally show anger toward Davies?
9. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
10. Which character best represents the voice of reason in the play?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)