|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(a) Groaning and jabbering.
(d) He talks about his past.
2. What is on top of the gas stove?
(a) Buddha statue.
(b) Frog statue.
(c) Penguin statue.
(d) Virgin Mary statue.
3. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies being fired.
(b) Davies missing his shoes.
(c) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(d) Davies going to the monastery.
4. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) One meal.
(b) Two meals.
(c) A pair of socks.
(d) A place to sleep.
5. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(a) Good influences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Aston?
2. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
3. What is the first important event in the play?
4. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
5. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the complaints Davies has about Aston in Act III?
2. Why does Aston stand up for the tramp when he is about to get into a fight with the restaurant employer?
3. What is the first instance of Davies being picky?
4. Why does Mick offer Davies the job of caretaker?
5. How does Mick react when he sees his brother being taken advantage of?
6. Where does it seem that Aston gets money?
7. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
8. Why is Davies so defensive that he actually pulls a knife on Mick when he is scared by him?
9. What negative things does Aston put up with in Act II?
10. Describe the climax in Act III.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)