|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
2. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
(c) Plot twist.
3. What is Davies's real name?
4. How did Davies feel about his job?
(a) It was too easy.
(b) It was too hard.
(c) His manager hated him.
(d) It was beneath him.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
2. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
3. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
4. According to Davies, who lives next door?
5. What is one word to describe Aston?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is irony used in Act I?
2. What altruistic deed does Mick do for Aston?
3. What causes the conflict in Act I?
4. Why is Davies so defensive that he actually pulls a knife on Mick when he is scared by him?
5. Why does Davies deny making noises in his sleep rather than just admitting it?
6. What is Mick's first impression of Davies?
7. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
8. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
9. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
10. Why might Aston be receiving so much help from Mick?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)