|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Clean the room.
(d) Lie on the floor.
2. How old is Aston?
(a) Early thirties.
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Early fourties.
(d) Early fifties.
3. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) An offended woman.
(b) Davies's employer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A drunk man.
4. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) Mick is Aston's uncle.
(b) Aston is Mick's father.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
5. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many beds are in the room in which Act I takes place?
2. Where does Aston keep the pair of shoes that he offers to Davies?
3. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
4. What represents Aston's good deeds?
5. How old is Mick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which character has the most painful past?
2. Does Aston receive any positive recognition for taking Davies in? How does this make him feel?
3. Why does Mick offer to sell the house to Davies?
4. How does Davies feel about the clothes that Aston brings home for him?
5. What causes the conflict in Act I?
6. Why does Davies insult Aston's mental illness?
7. What is the first instance of Davies's complaints that make Aston angry?
8. In Act II, does Aston seem satisfied in his efforts to help Davies?
9. Is there any evidence of Aston's mental illness in the play?
10. Does Davies ever show signs of satisfaction?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)