|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
2. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(a) An identification card.
(b) A set of keys.
(d) An outfit.
3. How old is Mick?
(a) Early twenties.
(b) Early forties.
(c) Early thirties.
(d) Early fifties.
4. Where does Aston live?
(a) In the room.
(b) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) In an apartment downtown.
(d) With his brother.
5. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(c) So Davies can get to the bed.
(d) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
2. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
3. How is the reader meant to feel about Aston?
4. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
5. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the play's message, when is altruism best?
2. What is the Buddha statue symbolic of?
3. What negative things does Aston put up with in Act II?
4. Which character has the most painful past?
5. What is wrong with the shoes that Aston brings for Davies? Does Davies have valid complaints?
6. Why does Davies have several insurance cards?
7. Describe Mick.
8. Both Aston and Mick offer Davies the same job. Why do they have different reasons for offering the job to him?
9. Describe the setting of Act I.
10. Why was Davies fired?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)