|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
(b) The hired helper.
(d) The shoe retailer.
2. What kind of pattern does Davies say he would like better than the pattern Aston gives him?
(a) A solid color.
3. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
(b) Davies's former employer.
4. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
(a) Hanging up a sheet.
(b) Switching ends of the bed.
(c) Putting more blankets on.
(d) Turning on a fan and closing the window.
5. Which character can best be described as generous?
(a) Davies's former employer.
6. What kind of business does Mick own?
7. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
(b) Hearing voices.
(c) Cutting himself.
(d) Being violent toward others.
8. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
(a) He wants new shirts.
(b) He still wants shoes.
(c) His socks are all wet.
(d) His pants are ripped.
9. Which character best fits the stereotypical portrait of a welfare recipient?
(d) The neighbor.
10. Which character would be best described as arrogant?
(c) Davies's former employer.
11. What does Aston claim is in the bag he brings home the first day Davies stays?
(b) Mick's belongings.
(d) Davies's belongings.
12. Who must sleep with the window open?
(a) The hired help.
13. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
14. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
(a) Move away.
(b) Plant a garden.
(c) Find the person who put him through mental illness treatment.
(d) Find Davies a new home.
15. Which of the following does Davies not complain about?
(a) Having to wear checked shirts.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Sleeping with the window open.
(d) Sleeping on an uncomfortable bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern is on the shirts that Aston gives Davies?
2. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
3. Who does the owner of the house offer to sell it to?
4. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
5. Which character seems most capable of violence?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)