|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) His former employer.
2. Which character seems most capable of violence?
(a) The neighbor.
3. Which character would be best described as arrogant?
(a) Davies's former employer.
4. What has happened to the bag in which Davies originally had his belongings?
(a) It was vandalized.
(b) It was soiled.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) It was held hostage by his former employer.
5. Who does the owner of the house offer to sell it to?
(a) The neighbor.
6. Which character can best be described as belligerent?
(c) The neighbor.
7. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
(a) Hanging up a sheet.
(b) Putting more blankets on.
(c) Turning on a fan and closing the window.
(d) Switching ends of the bed.
8. How does Davies react to Mick surprising him?
(a) He hides.
(b) He threatens him with a pan.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He screams.
9. Who is suspicious of Davies?
(b) The neighbor.
(d) Mick's wife.
10. Which of the following is Mick least likely to do?
(a) Clean up his own house.
(b) Scare somebody on purpose.
(c) Take in a tramp.
(d) Build something in the backyard.
11. Which of the following does Davies refuse to do throughout his life?
(a) Wear checkered shirts.
(b) Hold a job.
(c) Dress in "poor" clothing.
(d) Beg on the streets.
12. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
13. Who must sleep with the window open?
(c) The hired help.
14. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
15. Where does Aston most likely get his money?
(a) From renovating homes.
(b) From being a landlord.
(c) By working at a restaurant.
(d) From Mick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Aston when he resists mental treatment?
2. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
3. Who is the owner of the house that Davies stays in?
4. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
5. What is evidence that the rewards of Aston's good deed are wearing through?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)