|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
(a) His hands.
(d) His toolbox.
2. What is ironic about Davies's bag being gone?
(a) There was a velvet jacket in it.
(b) He has stolen things before.
(c) The shirts in it were striped.
(d) He had his most prized possession in it.
3. How does Davies react to Mick surprising him?
(a) He screams.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He hides.
(d) He threatens him with a pan.
4. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
5. Who helps Aston when he resists mental treatment?
(d) His father.
6. What job does Aston offer Davies?
7. What is part of the job description that Aston offers Davies?
(a) Stacking books.
(b) Polishing bells.
(c) Dusting statues.
(d) Mopping floors.
8. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
9. Who is kept awake by his roommates sleep sounds?
(c) The hired help.
10. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
(c) Brand new clothes.
11. Due to his mental illness, where is Aston sent to recover?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A mental institution.
(c) A family home in the country.
(d) Mick's house.
12. Which of the following does Davies not complain about?
(a) Sleeping with the window open.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Sleeping on an uncomfortable bed.
(d) Having to wear checked shirts.
13. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
(a) Davies pulls a knife on Mick.
(b) They get acquainted.
(c) Aston comes in and yells at Mick.
(d) Mick kicks Davies out.
14. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
(b) His former employer.
(d) A neighbor.
15. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
(a) He wants new shirts.
(b) His socks are all wet.
(c) He still wants shoes.
(d) His pants are ripped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the house that Davies stays in?
2. Which character best fits the stereotypical portrait of a welfare recipient?
3. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
4. When Davies accepts the job offer from Mick, what does he say he needs to pick up at Sidcup?
5. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)