|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
2. Who must sleep with the window open?
(a) The hired help.
3. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
(b) Being violent toward others.
(c) Cutting himself.
(d) Hearing voices.
4. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
(a) His pants are ripped.
(b) His socks are all wet.
(c) He wants new shirts.
(d) He still wants shoes.
5. Due to his mental illness, where is Aston sent to recover?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) Mick's house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A family home in the country.
6. What kind of pattern does Davies say he would like better than the pattern Aston gives him?
(b) A solid color.
7. Which character can best be described as generous?
(b) Davies's former employer.
8. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(a) Brain-numbing medications.
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(d) Sleeping medications.
9. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
(a) Find Davies a new home.
(b) Find the person who put him through mental illness treatment.
(c) Move away.
(d) Plant a garden.
10. Which of the following is Mick least likely to do?
(a) Build something in the backyard.
(b) Take in a tramp.
(c) Scare somebody on purpose.
(d) Clean up his own house.
11. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
(a) Hanging up a sheet.
(b) Switching ends of the bed.
(c) Putting more blankets on.
(d) Turning on a fan and closing the window.
12. Which character seems most capable of violence?
(d) The neighbor.
13. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
(a) The hired helper.
(c) The shoe retailer.
14. What pattern is on the shirts that Aston gives Davies?
(b) A solid color.
15. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is evidence that the rewards of Aston's good deed are wearing through?
2. What is part of the job description that Aston offers Davies?
3. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
4. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
5. When does Aston begin to have second thoughts about taking in Davies?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)