|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is kept awake by his roommates sleep sounds?
(d) The hired help.
2. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
(a) Aston comes in and yells at Mick.
(b) Mick kicks Davies out.
(c) They get acquainted.
(d) Davies pulls a knife on Mick.
3. What is evidence that the rewards of Aston's good deed are wearing through?
(a) Aston has to buy Davies new clothes.
(b) Davie's interrupting the restoration of the house.
(c) Davies' constant complaining.
(d) Mick being disrespectful.
4. How does Aston react to the treatment he receives for his mental illness?
(a) When he resists, the doctors only hurt him more.
(b) He submits to the doctors out of respect.
(c) He is too medicated to resist.
(d) He resists but nobody is there to help him.
5. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(a) Sleeping medications.
(b) Brain-numbing medications.
(d) Electroshock therapy.
6. Who does the owner of the house offer to sell it to?
(a) The neighbor.
7. Due to his mental illness, where is Aston sent to recover?
(a) A family home in the country.
(b) Mick's house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A mental institution.
8. Which character can best be described as generous?
(c) Davies's former employer.
9. What has happened to the bag in which Davies originally had his belongings?
(a) It was held hostage by his former employer.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It was vandalized.
(d) It was soiled.
10. Which character seems most capable of violence?
(d) The neighbor.
11. What altruistic deed does Mick perform?
(a) Building a fence for the neighbor.
(b) Letting his brother live in his house.
(c) Fixing up the house for somebody else.
(d) Buying clothes for Davies.
12. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
(a) His toolbox.
(b) His hands.
13. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
14. What kind of business does Mick own?
15. Who does Aston share the story of his mental illness with?
(c) The audience.
(d) A restaurant owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to build a shed in the backyard?
2. What job does Mick offer to Davies?
3. Who must sleep with the window open?
4. Which word best describes Aston?
5. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)