|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
(d) Davies's former employer.
2. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(c) Sleeping medications.
(d) Brain-numbing medications.
3. Which of the following is Mick least likely to do?
(a) Take in a tramp.
(b) Scare somebody on purpose.
(c) Clean up his own house.
(d) Build something in the backyard.
4. Who is kept awake by his roommates sleep sounds?
(a) The hired help.
5. Who does Aston share the story of his mental illness with?
(b) The audience.
(c) A restaurant owner.
6. What is a physical side effect of the treatment Aston receives?
(a) He is color blind.
(b) He has a harder time learning.
(c) He has more aggression.
(d) His thought process is slowed.
7. How have Aston's social skills changed since his treatment for mental illness?
(a) He doesn't go where there are people.
(b) He does more good deeds.
(c) He spends more time with people.
(d) He is constantly seeking new friends.
8. Which character best fits the stereotypical portrait of a welfare recipient?
(b) The neighbor.
9. Which of the following does Davies not complain about?
(a) Sleeping on an uncomfortable bed.
(b) Having to wear checked shirts.
(c) Sleeping with the window open.
(d) The neighbors.
10. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
11. What has happened to the bag in which Davies originally had his belongings?
(a) It was soiled.
(b) It was held hostage by his former employer.
(c) It was vandalized.
(d) It was stolen.
12. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
(a) Aston comes in and yells at Mick.
(b) Davies pulls a knife on Mick.
(c) They get acquainted.
(d) Mick kicks Davies out.
13. Who is suspicious of Davies?
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Mick's wife.
14. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
(b) His former employer.
(c) A neighbor.
15. How does Aston react to the treatment he receives for his mental illness?
(a) When he resists, the doctors only hurt him more.
(b) He submits to the doctors out of respect.
(c) He is too medicated to resist.
(d) He resists but nobody is there to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character can be best described as devious?
2. Who is the owner of the house that Davies stays in?
3. Which of the following does Davies refuse to do throughout his life?
4. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
5. Which character is vacuuming the house?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)