|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Aston when he resists mental treatment?
(a) His father.
2. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
(b) The neighbor.
3. Where does Aston most likely get his money?
(a) From Mick.
(b) From being a landlord.
(c) From renovating homes.
(d) By working at a restaurant.
4. Who is Mick altruistic toward?
(c) The neighbor.
5. Who is suspicious of Davies?
(a) Mick's wife.
(d) The neighbor.
6. Which character can best be described as generous?
(c) Davies's former employer.
7. How does Davies react to Mick surprising him?
(a) He hides.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He screams.
(d) He threatens him with a pan.
8. What job does Mick offer to Davies?
9. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
10. What does Aston claim is in the bag he brings home the first day Davies stays?
(a) Mick's belongings.
(d) Davies's belongings.
11. Who must sleep with the window open?
(c) The hired help.
12. What is ironic about Davies's bag being gone?
(a) There was a velvet jacket in it.
(b) He had his most prized possession in it.
(c) He has stolen things before.
(d) The shirts in it were striped.
13. What altruistic deed does Mick perform?
(a) Buying clothes for Davies.
(b) Letting his brother live in his house.
(c) Fixing up the house for somebody else.
(d) Building a fence for the neighbor.
14. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
15. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
(a) By saying so every ten minutes.
(b) By making a show of cleaning it.
(c) By spending time sitting outside and watching others work.
(d) By putting a sign outside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character would be best described as arrogant?
2. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
3. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
4. Which character is vacuuming the house?
5. Which character seems most capable of violence?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)