|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
2. Which word best describes Aston?
3. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
(a) Find the person who put him through mental illness treatment.
(b) Move away.
(c) Find Davies a new home.
(d) Plant a garden.
4. What job does Mick offer to Davies?
5. Which character is vacuuming the house?
(a) A hired maid.
6. Who is kept awake by his roommates sleep sounds?
(b) The hired help.
7. Where does Aston most likely get his money?
(a) By working at a restaurant.
(b) From renovating homes.
(c) From Mick.
(d) From being a landlord.
8. Due to his mental illness, where is Aston sent to recover?
(a) A hospital.
(b) Mick's house.
(c) A family home in the country.
(d) A mental institution.
9. Which character seems most capable of violence?
(a) The neighbor.
10. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
11. What altruistic deed does Mick perform?
(a) Letting his brother live in his house.
(b) Buying clothes for Davies.
(c) Building a fence for the neighbor.
(d) Fixing up the house for somebody else.
12. Which of the following does Davies refuse to do throughout his life?
(a) Dress in "poor" clothing.
(b) Hold a job.
(c) Beg on the streets.
(d) Wear checkered shirts.
13. How have Aston's social skills changed since his treatment for mental illness?
(a) He is constantly seeking new friends.
(b) He spends more time with people.
(c) He doesn't go where there are people.
(d) He does more good deeds.
14. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
(a) By saying so every ten minutes.
(b) By spending time sitting outside and watching others work.
(c) By making a show of cleaning it.
(d) By putting a sign outside the house.
15. What pattern is on the shirts that Aston gives Davies?
(a) A solid color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
2. How does Aston react to the treatment he receives for his mental illness?
3. What job does Aston offer Davies?
4. Why does Davies want the window shut when he sleeps?
5. What kind of pattern does Davies say he would like better than the pattern Aston gives him?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)