|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character can be best described as devious?
(d) the neighbor.
2. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
(d) Davies's former employer.
3. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
(a) Putting more blankets on.
(b) Hanging up a sheet.
(c) Turning on a fan and closing the window.
(d) Switching ends of the bed.
4. Which character can best be described as generous?
(c) Davies's former employer.
5. When does Aston begin to have second thoughts about taking in Davies?
(a) Act II.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) Act III.
(d) Act I.
6. Which character best fits the stereotypical portrait of a welfare recipient?
(d) The neighbor.
7. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
(c) His hands.
(d) His toolbox.
8. Who is kept awake by his roommates sleep sounds?
(b) The hired help.
9. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(a) Electroshock therapy.
(b) Sleeping medications.
(d) Brain-numbing medications.
10. What will the shed in the backyard be used for?
(a) A library.
(b) A storage room for the house.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A workshop.
11. What does Aston claim is in the bag he brings home the first day Davies stays?
(b) Mick's belongings.
(c) Davies's belongings.
12. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
13. What is ironic about Davies's bag being gone?
(a) He had his most prized possession in it.
(b) The shirts in it were striped.
(c) He has stolen things before.
(d) There was a velvet jacket in it.
14. When Davies accepts the job offer from Mick, what does he say he needs to pick up at Sidcup?
(a) Identification card.
(b) Work permit.
(c) Insurance card.
15. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
2. Which of the following does Davies refuse to do throughout his life?
3. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
4. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
5. Which word best describes Aston?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)