|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
(b) The shoe retailer.
(d) The hired helper.
2. Which character is vacuuming the house?
(c) A hired maid.
3. Which character can best be described as belligerent?
(a) The neighbor.
4. What is evidence that the rewards of Aston's good deed are wearing through?
(a) Davies' constant complaining.
(b) Davie's interrupting the restoration of the house.
(c) Aston has to buy Davies new clothes.
(d) Mick being disrespectful.
5. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
(a) Putting more blankets on.
(b) Switching ends of the bed.
(c) Hanging up a sheet.
(d) Turning on a fan and closing the window.
6. When Davies accepts the job offer from Mick, what does he say he needs to pick up at Sidcup?
(a) Insurance card.
(b) Work permit.
(d) Identification card.
7. What kind of business does Mick own?
8. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(c) Sleeping medications.
(d) Brain-numbing medications.
9. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
10. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
11. What job does Mick offer to Davies?
12. What job does Aston offer Davies?
13. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
(a) He wants new shirts.
(b) His pants are ripped.
(c) He still wants shoes.
(d) His socks are all wet.
14. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
(a) Davies pulls a knife on Mick.
(b) They get acquainted.
(c) Aston comes in and yells at Mick.
(d) Mick kicks Davies out.
15. Who does Aston share the story of his mental illness with?
(a) The audience.
(b) A restaurant owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Aston when he resists mental treatment?
2. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
3. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
4. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
5. Who must sleep with the window open?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)