|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the house that Davies stays in?
(c) Davies's former employer.
(d) The neighbors.
2. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
(a) His former employer.
(b) A neighbor.
3. Why does Davies want the window shut when he sleeps?
(a) He can hear wild animals outside.
(b) The wind is making him cold.
(c) Rain is blowing on his head.
(d) He can hear the neighbors.
4. What kind of pattern does Davies say he would like better than the pattern Aston gives him?
(c) A solid color.
5. Which character can best be described as generous?
(d) Davies's former employer.
6. Which of the following is Mick least likely to do?
(a) Clean up his own house.
(b) Scare somebody on purpose.
(c) Build something in the backyard.
(d) Take in a tramp.
7. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
(a) Plant a garden.
(b) Find Davies a new home.
(c) Move away.
(d) Find the person who put him through mental illness treatment.
8. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
(a) The neighbor.
9. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
(b) His hands.
(c) His toolbox.
10. What is actually in the bag that Aston brings home with him for Davies?
(c) Brand new clothes.
11. Which of the following is in the backyard of the house?
(c) Swimming pool.
12. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
(b) The hired helper.
(d) The shoe retailer.
13. When Davies accepts the job offer from Mick, what does he say he needs to pick up at Sidcup?
(b) Identification card.
(c) Work permit.
(d) Insurance card.
14. Which character is vacuuming the house?
(c) A hired maid.
15. What is part of the job description that Aston offers Davies?
(a) Polishing bells.
(b) Stacking books.
(c) Mopping floors.
(d) Dusting statues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to build a shed in the backyard?
2. What pattern is on the shirts that Aston gives Davies?
3. What is a physical side effect of the treatment Aston receives?
4. What kind of business does Mick own?
5. Who does the owner of the house offer to sell it to?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)