|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who does Aston claim he can work with?
(a) His hands.
(b) His toolbox.
2. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
(c) Davies's former employer.
3. Which word best describes Aston?
4. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
5. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
6. Why does Davies want the window shut when he sleeps?
(a) The wind is making him cold.
(b) He can hear wild animals outside.
(c) He can hear the neighbors.
(d) Rain is blowing on his head.
7. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(a) Electroshock therapy.
(b) Brain-numbing medications.
(d) Sleeping medications.
8. Which of the following does Davies refuse to do throughout his life?
(a) Wear checkered shirts.
(b) Hold a job.
(c) Dress in "poor" clothing.
(d) Beg on the streets.
9. What is a physical side effect of the treatment Aston receives?
(a) His thought process is slowed.
(b) He has a harder time learning.
(c) He is color blind.
(d) He has more aggression.
10. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
(a) Mick kicks Davies out.
(b) They get acquainted.
(c) Aston comes in and yells at Mick.
(d) Davies pulls a knife on Mick.
11. Which character can be best described as devious?
(b) the neighbor.
12. How have Aston's social skills changed since his treatment for mental illness?
(a) He spends more time with people.
(b) He is constantly seeking new friends.
(c) He doesn't go where there are people.
(d) He does more good deeds.
13. How many people offer Davies a job in Act II?
14. What solution to the window problem does Davies turn down?
(a) Switching ends of the bed.
(b) Hanging up a sheet.
(c) Turning on a fan and closing the window.
(d) Putting more blankets on.
15. Who is suspicious of Davies?
(b) The neighbor.
(d) Mick's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Aston when he resists mental treatment?
2. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
3. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
4. What job does Aston offer Davies?
5. Who does Aston share the story of his mental illness with?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)