|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
2. Which word best describes Aston?
3. What job does Aston offer Davies?
4. When Davies accepts the job offer from Mick, what does he say he needs to pick up at Sidcup?
(b) Insurance card.
(c) Work permit.
(d) Identification card.
5. How does Mick feel about Davies in Act II?
6. Where does Aston most likely get his money?
(a) From Mick.
(b) From renovating homes.
(c) From being a landlord.
(d) By working at a restaurant.
7. What treatment was given to Aston for his mental illness?
(b) Electroshock therapy.
(c) Sleeping medications.
(d) Brain-numbing medications.
8. What is ironic about Davies's bag being gone?
(a) The shirts in it were striped.
(b) There was a velvet jacket in it.
(c) He had his most prized possession in it.
(d) He has stolen things before.
9. Who does the owner of the house offer to sell it to?
(a) The neighbor.
10. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
(a) He still wants shoes.
(b) His pants are ripped.
(c) He wants new shirts.
(d) His socks are all wet.
11. Which of the following does Davies not complain about?
(a) Sleeping with the window open.
(b) Sleeping on an uncomfortable bed.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Having to wear checked shirts.
12. Which character is best described as the voice of reason?
(a) Davies's former employer.
13. How does Mick show that he is the one who owns the house?
(a) By spending time sitting outside and watching others work.
(b) By making a show of cleaning it.
(c) By saying so every ten minutes.
(d) By putting a sign outside the house.
14. What velvet article of clothing does Davies claim to like?
15. Which character would be best described as arrogant?
(d) Davies's former employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
2. Who is Mick altruistic toward?
3. When does Aston begin to have second thoughts about taking in Davies?
4. Who wants to build a shed in the backyard?
5. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)