|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davies nag Aston about in Act II regarding clothing?
(a) He wants new shirts.
(b) His socks are all wet.
(c) His pants are ripped.
(d) He still wants shoes.
2. What is part of the job description that Aston offers Davies?
(a) Stacking books.
(b) Polishing bells.
(c) Mopping floors.
(d) Dusting statues.
3. How does Aston react to the treatment he receives for his mental illness?
(a) When he resists, the doctors only hurt him more.
(b) He is too medicated to resist.
(c) He submits to the doctors out of respect.
(d) He resists but nobody is there to help him.
4. What color are the overalls that Aston offers Davies?
5. Which character is a successful welfare recipient?
(b) The neighbor.
6. What happens after Mick lets Davies get off the floor?
(a) They get acquainted.
(b) Davies pulls a knife on Mick.
(c) Aston comes in and yells at Mick.
(d) Mick kicks Davies out.
7. When does Aston begin to have second thoughts about taking in Davies?
(a) Act III.
(b) Act I.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) Act II.
8. Who is supposed to bring shoes to Davies?
(b) The shoe retailer.
(c) The hired helper.
9. What is a physical side effect of the treatment Aston receives?
(a) He has a harder time learning.
(b) He is color blind.
(c) He has more aggression.
(d) His thought process is slowed.
10. What does Aston want to do after he builds the shed in the backyard?
(a) Find Davies a new home.
(b) Move away.
(c) Find the person who put him through mental illness treatment.
(d) Plant a garden.
11. Who does Davies pull a knife on in order to protect himself?
(a) His former employer.
(b) A neighbor.
12. Which character is vacuuming the house?
(c) A hired maid.
13. What symptom of mental illness does Aston have?
(a) Cutting himself.
(b) Hearing voices.
(c) Being violent toward others.
14. What does Aston begin working on quietly as soon as he gets home and sees that Mick has arrived?
15. Which character can be best described as devious?
(b) the neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the house that Davies stays in?
2. Which character can best be described as belligerent?
3. When Davies accepts the job offer from Mick, what does he say he needs to pick up at Sidcup?
4. Who is Mick altruistic toward?
5. Which of the following is in the backyard of the house?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)