|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The tenant is just a messy person.
(b) Aston is in the room illegally.
(c) The house is being renovated.
(d) The house has burned down.
2. How is the reader meant to feel about Aston?
3. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) A public restroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) A fast-food restaurant.
4. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(a) The bedding.
(c) Boxes of books.
(d) Piles of laundry.
5. What represents Aston's good deeds?
(a) The boxes of junk.
(b) The unplugged stove.
(c) The sink.
(d) The statue of Buddha.
6. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
7. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A cluttered room.
(c) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) A child's room.
8. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies being fired.
(b) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(c) Davies going to the monastery.
(d) Davies missing his shoes.
9. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
10. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
(a) Buddhist church.
(b) Catholic church.
(d) Soup kitchen.
11. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
(a) Immunization record.
(b) Insurance card.
(d) Birth certificate.
12. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(a) He talks about his past.
(c) Groaning and jabbering.
13. What is Davies's real name?
14. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) The second bed.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the monastery
(d) In Aston's backyard.
15. Why is Davies fired?
(a) He was bad at doing his job.
(b) He stopped coming in to work.
(c) He came to work with poor hygiene.
(d) He was unwilling to do his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Davies have stolen?
2. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
3. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
4. Where does Aston live?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)