|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
2. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(a) An outfit.
(c) An identification card.
(d) A set of keys.
3. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) Aston is Mick's father.
(b) Mick is Aston's uncle.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies missing his shoes.
(b) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(c) Davies being fired.
(d) Davies going to the monastery.
5. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) The second bed.
(b) In Aston's backyard.
(c) In the monastery
(d) On the floor.
6. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Clean the room.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Lie on the floor.
7. Which of the following is part of the setting?
(a) A large sofa.
(b) A pile of shower curtains.
(c) A kitchen sink.
(d) A bathtub.
8. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
9. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) A lazy employee.
(b) An old tramp.
(c) A young student.
(d) An elderly gentleman.
10. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
11. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was treated with respect.
(b) He wasabused.
(c) He was chased off.
(d) He was ignored.
12. What might Davies have stolen?
(a) Insurance card.
(b) Birth certificate.
(c) Driver's License.
(d) Identification card.
13. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(a) Boxes of books.
(b) Piles of laundry.
(c) The bedding.
14. Where is the bucket located?
(a) On a kitchen counter.
(b) On the stove.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) Hanging from the ceiling.
15. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
(a) Mick's treatment of Aston.
(b) Buddha rests on a disconnected stove.
(c) Mick's treatment of Davies.
(d) The rain drops that keep falling into the bucket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
2. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
3. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
4. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
5. According to Davies, who lives next door?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)