|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aston live?
(a) In the room.
(b) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) With his brother.
(d) In an apartment downtown.
2. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him another place to stay.
(b) To find him somebody to stay with.
(c) To find another pair of shoes.
(d) To find him another job.
3. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) In the monastery
(b) In Aston's backyard.
(c) On the floor.
(d) The second bed.
4. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) A drunk man.
(b) A thief.
(c) An offended woman.
(d) Davies's employer.
5. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(a) Groaning and jabbering.
(d) He talks about his past.
6. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
(a) He dropped them.
(b) He didn't have time to grab them before leaving.
(c) He didn't want them anymore.
(d) They were stolen goods.
7. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(b) Bowls and cups.
(c) Dirty laundry.
(d) Cans of paint.
8. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
(a) Immunization record.
(c) Insurance card.
(d) Birth certificate.
9. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
10. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
11. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
12. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
(a) Buddha rests on a disconnected stove.
(b) Mick's treatment of Davies.
(c) The rain drops that keep falling into the bucket.
(d) Mick's treatment of Aston.
13. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Go to the store.
(b) Lie on the floor.
(c) Clean the room.
(d) Leave the room.
14. What is one word to describe Aston?
15. How did Davies feel about his job?
(a) It was too easy.
(b) It was too hard.
(c) It was beneath him.
(d) His manager hated him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
2. How are Mick and Aston related?
3. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
4. How is the reader meant to feel about Aston?
5. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)