|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Davies fired?
(a) He was bad at doing his job.
(b) He stopped coming in to work.
(c) He was unwilling to do his job.
(d) He came to work with poor hygiene.
2. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(d) Good influences.
3. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
4. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) A lazy employee.
(b) An elderly gentleman.
(c) An old tramp.
(d) A young student.
5. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
(a) He vandalizes the room.
(b) He looks the room over.
(c) He goes through the boxes.
(d) He goes to sleep.
6. Where is the bucket located?
(a) On the stove.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) Hanging from the ceiling.
(d) On a kitchen counter.
7. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him somebody to stay with.
(b) To find another pair of shoes.
(c) To find him another place to stay.
(d) To find him another job.
8. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(a) Cans of paint.
(c) Bowls and cups.
(d) Dirty laundry.
9. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) A fast-food restaurant.
(b) A public restroom.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The library.
10. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A child's room.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) A cluttered room.
11. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
(a) Stealing from Aston.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Making noises in his sleep.
(d) Making the room a mess.
12. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
(b) Soup kitchen.
(c) Buddhist church.
(d) Catholic church.
13. Where does Aston live?
(a) In an apartment downtown.
(b) With his brother.
(c) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) In the room.
14. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) A thief.
(b) A drunk man.
(c) An offended woman.
(d) Davies's employer.
15. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(b) An outfit.
(c) An identification card.
(d) A set of keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
2. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
3. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
4. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
5. Where does Aston keep the pair of shoes that he offers to Davies?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)