|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) In Aston's backyard.
(b) The second bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the monastery
2. Where does Aston keep the pair of shoes that he offers to Davies?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In a cabinet.
(c) In a closet.
(d) On the porch.
3. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) An offended woman.
(b) A drunk man.
(c) Davies's employer.
(d) A thief.
4. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
(a) Catholic church.
(c) Soup kitchen.
(d) Buddhist church.
5. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
(a) A pet.
(b) Wild animals.
(c) The house settling.
(d) The neighbors.
6. Which of the following is part of the setting?
(a) A pile of shower curtains.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A kitchen sink.
(d) A large sofa.
7. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The tenant is just a messy person.
(b) The house has burned down.
(c) The house is being renovated.
(d) Aston is in the room illegally.
8. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A child's room.
(b) A cluttered room.
(c) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) A kitchen.
9. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
10. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
11. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
(a) He looks the room over.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He goes through the boxes.
(d) He vandalizes the room.
12. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
(a) He needs to get his papers.
(b) He needs to report his address.
(c) He needs a new insurance card.
(d) He needs to see a doctor.
13. According to Davies, who lives next door?
14. What is on top of the gas stove?
(a) Virgin Mary statue.
(b) Frog statue.
(c) Penguin statue.
(d) Buddha statue.
15. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
(b) Insurance card.
(c) Birth certificate.
(d) Immunization record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Davies fired?
2. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
3. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
4. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
5. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)