|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was ignored.
(b) He wasabused.
(c) He was chased off.
(d) He was treated with respect.
2. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(c) So Davies can get to the bed.
(d) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
3. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
4. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
5. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) A thief.
(b) Davies's employer.
(c) An offended woman.
(d) A drunk man.
6. Which of the following is part of the setting?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A large sofa.
(c) A kitchen sink.
(d) A pile of shower curtains.
7. What might Davies have stolen?
(a) Birth certificate.
(b) Insurance card.
(c) Identification card.
(d) Driver's License.
8. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(a) Boxes of books.
(b) The bedding.
(c) Piles of laundry.
9. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
10. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(a) Good influences.
11. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) Two meals.
(c) One meal.
(d) A pair of socks.
12. Where does Aston live?
(a) With his brother.
(b) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) In the room.
(d) In an apartment downtown.
13. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(a) He talks about his past.
(c) Groaning and jabbering.
14. How old is Aston?
(a) Early fourties.
(b) Early fifties.
(c) Early twenties.
(d) Early thirties.
15. Where is the bucket located?
(a) On a kitchen counter.
(b) On the stove.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) Hanging from the ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
2. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
3. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
4. Which description best matches Davies?
5. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)