|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(a) An identification card.
(b) An outfit.
(c) A set of keys.
2. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) A lazy employee.
(b) A young student.
(c) An old tramp.
(d) An elderly gentleman.
3. According to Davies, who lives next door?
4. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
5. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
(a) A crate.
(b) A bag.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A trunk.
6. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
(b) Identification cards.
(c) Driver's licenses.
(d) Insurance cards.
7. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) Aston is Mick's father.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Mick is Aston's uncle.
(d) They are cousins.
8. What is Davies's real name?
9. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
(a) The second bed.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In Aston's backyard.
(d) In the monastery
10. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
11. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A cluttered room.
(b) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) A child's room.
(d) A kitchen.
12. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
13. How did Davies feel about his job?
(a) It was too hard.
(b) It was too easy.
(c) It was beneath him.
(d) His manager hated him.
14. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(d) Good influences.
15. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
(a) Mick's treatment of Aston.
(b) Buddha rests on a disconnected stove.
(c) The rain drops that keep falling into the bucket.
(d) Mick's treatment of Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
2. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
3. How old is Aston?
4. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
5. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)