|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He wasabused.
(b) He was ignored.
(c) He was chased off.
(d) He was treated with respect.
2. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So Davies can get to the bed.
(c) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(d) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
3. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(a) Good influences.
4. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Clean the room.
(b) Lie on the floor.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Go to the store.
5. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
(a) They are torn.
(b) They don't have his real name
(c) They don't have a signature.
(d) They don't have a specific stamp.
6. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He goes through the boxes.
(c) He looks the room over.
(d) He vandalizes the room.
7. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(b) An outfit.
(c) A set of keys.
(d) An identification card.
8. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
(a) Until he gets on his feet.
(b) Until Aston's home is renovated.
(c) Until Aston's brother kicks him out.
(d) Until Davies gets a job.
9. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
10. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A cluttered room.
(d) A child's room.
11. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(c) He talks about his past.
(d) Groaning and jabbering.
12. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies going to the monastery.
(b) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(c) Davies being fired.
(d) Davies missing his shoes.
13. According to Davies, who lives next door?
14. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
15. What is Davies's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
2. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
3. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
4. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
5. What might Davies have stolen?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)