|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a bucket in the room in which Act I takes place?
(a) To hold painting supplies.
(b) To catch rodents.
(c) To catch falling plaster.
(d) To catch rain drops.
2. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was ignored.
(b) He wasabused.
(c) He was chased off.
(d) He was treated with respect.
3. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
(a) They are ugly.
(b) They are too dirty.
(c) They are missing laces.
(d) They don't fit.
4. What might Davies have stolen?
(a) Birth certificate.
(b) Identification card.
(c) Insurance card.
(d) Driver's License.
5. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
6. What is the first important event in the play?
(a) Davies is fired.
(b) Davies finds an insurance card.
(c) Davies goes to the monastery.
(d) Aston is renovating his home.
7. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
(a) Until he gets on his feet.
(b) Until Aston's brother kicks him out.
(c) Until Aston's home is renovated.
(d) Until Davies gets a job.
8. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
9. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) An old tramp.
(b) A young student.
(c) A lazy employee.
(d) An elderly gentleman.
10. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(b) So Davies can get to the bed.
(c) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(d) So they can invite somebody over.
11. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) One meal.
(b) Two meals.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) A pair of socks.
12. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The tenant is just a messy person.
(b) The house is being renovated.
(c) Aston is in the room illegally.
(d) The house has burned down.
13. Where does Aston live?
(a) In the room.
(b) With his brother.
(c) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) In an apartment downtown.
14. Why is Davies fired?
(a) He came to work with poor hygiene.
(b) He was bad at doing his job.
(c) He was unwilling to do his job.
(d) He stopped coming in to work.
15. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(a) An identification card.
(b) A set of keys.
(d) An outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
2. Where does Aston keep the pair of shoes that he offers to Davies?
3. How old is Mick?
4. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
5. What represents Aston's good deeds?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)