|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Aston?
(a) Early fourties.
(b) Early fifties.
(c) Early thirties.
(d) Early twenties.
2. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(b) So they can invite somebody over.
(c) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(d) So Davies can get to the bed.
3. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
(a) Soup kitchen.
(c) Catholic church.
(d) Buddhist church.
4. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies missing his shoes.
(b) Davies being fired.
(c) Davies going to the monastery.
(d) Mick coming to Aston's house.
5. What is on top of the gas stove?
(a) Frog statue.
(b) Virgin Mary statue.
(c) Penguin statue.
(d) Buddha statue.
6. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The tenant is just a messy person.
(b) The house is being renovated.
(c) The house has burned down.
(d) Aston is in the room illegally.
7. According to Davies, who lives next door?
8. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A bag.
(c) A crate.
(d) A backpack.
9. What is the first important event in the play?
(a) Davies finds an insurance card.
(b) Davies is fired.
(c) Davies goes to the monastery.
(d) Aston is renovating his home.
10. Where does Aston live?
(a) With his brother.
(b) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) In an apartment downtown.
(d) In the room.
11. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
(b) Plot twist.
12. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) The library.
(c) A fast-food restaurant.
(d) A public restroom.
13. What might Davies have stolen?
(a) Driver's License.
(b) Birth certificate.
(c) Insurance card.
(d) Identification card.
14. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A child's room.
(b) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A cluttered room.
15. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
(a) Until Aston's home is renovated.
(b) Until he gets on his feet.
(c) Until Aston's brother kicks him out.
(d) Until Davies gets a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
2. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
3. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
4. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
5. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)