|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the play?
2. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
3. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
(a) Soup kitchen.
(b) Catholic church.
(d) Buddhist church.
4. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(b) The bedding.
(c) Piles of laundry.
(d) Boxes of books.
5. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
(a) He needs a new insurance card.
(b) He needs to get his papers.
(c) He needs to see a doctor.
(d) He needs to report his address.
6. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) An offended woman.
(b) A drunk man.
(c) A thief.
(d) Davies's employer.
7. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
(a) Until Aston's home is renovated.
(b) Until Aston's brother kicks him out.
(c) Until he gets on his feet.
(d) Until Davies gets a job.
8. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) Aston is in the room illegally.
(b) The house has burned down.
(c) The house is being renovated.
(d) The tenant is just a messy person.
9. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
10. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) An elderly gentleman.
(b) An old tramp.
(c) A young student.
(d) A lazy employee.
11. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him another job.
(b) To find another pair of shoes.
(c) To find him somebody to stay with.
(d) To find him another place to stay.
12. What is on top of the gas stove?
(a) Virgin Mary statue.
(b) Frog statue.
(c) Penguin statue.
(d) Buddha statue.
13. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Clean the room.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Go to the store.
(d) Lie on the floor.
14. Which literary element is shown in Davies getting fired?
(d) Plot twist.
15. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(c) So Davies can get to the bed.
(d) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Aston?
2. What represents Aston's good deeds?
3. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
4. How did Davies feel about his job?
5. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)