|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him somebody to stay with.
(b) To find him another place to stay.
(c) To find another pair of shoes.
(d) To find him another job.
2. Where does Aston live?
(a) With his brother.
(b) In the room.
(c) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) In an apartment downtown.
3. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
(a) Until Davies gets a job.
(b) Until Aston's brother kicks him out.
(c) Until he gets on his feet.
(d) Until Aston's home is renovated.
4. How many beds are in the room in which Act I takes place?
5. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
(a) They were stolen goods.
(b) He didn't want them anymore.
(c) He dropped them.
(d) He didn't have time to grab them before leaving.
6. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
7. How old is Mick?
(a) Early forties.
(b) Early thirties.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Early twenties.
8. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(b) The bedding.
(c) Piles of laundry.
(d) Boxes of books.
9. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
(a) Mick's treatment of Davies.
(b) Buddha rests on a disconnected stove.
(c) The rain drops that keep falling into the bucket.
(d) Mick's treatment of Aston.
10. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
(a) They don't have a signature.
(b) They don't have a specific stamp.
(c) They are torn.
(d) They don't have his real name
11. Where is the bucket located?
(a) On the stove.
(b) Hanging from the ceiling.
(c) On a kitchen counter.
(d) In the bathtub.
12. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(a) Cans of paint.
(b) Dirty laundry.
(c) Bowls and cups.
13. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) A thief.
(b) Davies's employer.
(c) A drunk man.
(d) An offended woman.
14. What represents Aston's good deeds?
(a) The unplugged stove.
(b) The boxes of junk.
(c) The statue of Buddha.
(d) The sink.
15. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(d) Good influences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aston step in to help Davies?
2. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
3. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
4. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
5. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)