|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aston keep the pair of shoes that he offers to Davies?
(a) In a cabinet.
(b) In a closet.
(c) On the porch.
(d) Under his bed.
2. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(a) Boxes of books.
(c) The bedding.
(d) Piles of laundry.
3. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) Aston is Mick's father.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Mick is Aston's uncle.
4. What thing does Davies claim to have several of that is odd?
(a) Identification cards.
(c) Insurance cards.
(d) Driver's licenses.
5. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
(a) A crate.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A bag.
6. How old is Aston?
(a) Early thirties.
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Early fourties.
7. What is one word to describe Aston?
8. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) One meal.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) Two meals.
9. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(a) Cans of paint.
(c) Bowls and cups.
(d) Dirty laundry.
10. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies going to the monastery.
(b) Davies missing his shoes.
(c) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(d) Davies being fired.
11. Why does Davies need to go to Sidcup?
(a) He needs to see a doctor.
(b) He needs to get his papers.
(c) He needs a new insurance card.
(d) He needs to report his address.
12. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
(a) They are missing laces.
(b) They don't fit.
(c) They are too dirty.
(d) They are ugly.
13. What is one word to describe Davies?
14. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So Davies can get to the bed.
(b) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(c) So they can invite somebody over.
(d) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
15. How is the reader meant to feel about Aston?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
2. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
3. How many beds are in the room in which Act I takes place?
4. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
5. Why does Aston step in to help Davies?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)