|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
2. What is one word to describe Aston?
3. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A cluttered room.
(c) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) A child's room.
4. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(b) Davies going to the monastery.
(c) Davies being fired.
(d) Davies missing his shoes.
5. What represents Aston's good deeds?
(a) The sink.
(b) The statue of Buddha.
(c) The boxes of junk.
(d) The unplugged stove.
6. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
7. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(c) He talks about his past.
(d) Groaning and jabbering.
8. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) A pet.
(c) Wild animals.
(d) The house settling.
9. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
10. Why does Aston step in to help Davies?
(a) To impress somebody else.
(b) To please his religious figure.
(c) Out of the kindness of his heart.
(d) To earn money.
11. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
(a) They are torn.
(b) They don't have his real name
(c) They don't have a signature.
(d) They don't have a specific stamp.
12. What does Aston leave with Davies as he leaves on the first morning?
(a) An outfit.
(c) An identification card.
(d) A set of keys.
13. What is Davies's real name?
14. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
15. How old is Mick?
(a) Early thirties.
(b) Early forties.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Early twenties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
2. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
3. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
4. How are Mick and Aston related?
5. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)