|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mick?
(a) Early twenties.
(b) Early thirties.
(c) Early forties.
(d) Early fifties.
2. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(b) Boxes of books.
(c) The bedding.
(d) Piles of laundry.
3. What is symbolic of religion not being the reason why Aston takes in Davies?
(a) Mick's treatment of Davies.
(b) The rain drops that keep falling into the bucket.
(c) Buddha rests on a disconnected stove.
(d) Mick's treatment of Aston.
4. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
5. What represents Aston's good deeds?
(a) The sink.
(b) The statue of Buddha.
(c) The unplugged stove.
(d) The boxes of junk.
6. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(b) Davies missing his shoes.
(c) Davies being fired.
(d) Davies going to the monastery.
7. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was chased off.
(b) He was ignored.
(c) He wasabused.
(d) He was treated with respect.
8. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A crate.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A bag.
9. Why is the room in which Act I takes place such a mess?
(a) The house has burned down.
(b) The house is being renovated.
(c) The tenant is just a messy person.
(d) Aston is in the room illegally.
10. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
(a) The house settling.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Wild animals.
(d) A pet.
11. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
12. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(c) Good influences.
13. How many beds are in the room in which Act I takes place?
14. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So Davies can get to the bed.
(c) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(d) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
15. What is one word to describe Aston?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
2. What does Mick do when he is at Aston's house?
3. How did Davies feel about his job?
4. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
5. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)