|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aston step in to help Davies?
(a) To earn money.
(b) Out of the kindness of his heart.
(c) To please his religious figure.
(d) To impress somebody else.
2. Why is there a bucket in the room in which Act I takes place?
(a) To hold painting supplies.
(b) To catch falling plaster.
(c) To catch rain drops.
(d) To catch rodents.
3. What is one word to describe Aston?
4. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(b) He talks about his past.
(d) Groaning and jabbering.
5. Which of the following is part of the setting?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A large sofa.
(c) A pile of shower curtains.
(d) A kitchen sink.
6. How are Mick and Aston related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Aston is Mick's father.
(d) Mick is Aston's uncle.
7. What is on top of the gas stove?
(a) Buddha statue.
(b) Penguin statue.
(c) Frog statue.
(d) Virgin Mary statue.
8. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was treated with respect.
(b) He wasabused.
(c) He was chased off.
(d) He was ignored.
9. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A child's room.
(b) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A cluttered room.
10. Where does Davies go to get a donation?
(a) Soup kitchen.
(b) Buddhist church.
(d) Catholic church.
11. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
(a) Insurance card.
(b) Birth certificate.
(c) Immunization record.
12. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
(b) So Davies can get to the bed.
(c) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(d) So they can invite somebody over.
13. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) An old tramp.
(b) An elderly gentleman.
(c) A lazy employee.
(d) A young student.
14. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
15. What represents Aston's good deeds?
(a) The statue of Buddha.
(b) The unplugged stove.
(c) The sink.
(d) The boxes of junk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
2. How old is Aston?
3. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
4. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
5. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)