|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aston asks Davies who was making noises at night, who does he claim made them?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The house settling.
(c) A pet.
(d) Wild animals.
2. What foreshadows the outcome of the story?
(a) Davies going to the monastery.
(b) Davies missing his shoes.
(c) Mick coming to Aston's house.
(d) Davies being fired.
3. Where does Aston keep the pair of shoes that he offers to Davies?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In a cabinet.
4. According to Davies, who lives next door?
5. What does Aston give Davies after offering him a place to stay?
6. Why does Davies not wear Aston's shoes?
(a) They are missing laces.
(b) They don't fit.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) They are too dirty.
7. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So Davies can get to the bed.
(b) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(c) So they can invite somebody over.
(d) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
8. How many rooms make up Act I's setting?
9. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
10. What do Davies and Aston clear away the first night Davies stays?
(a) The bedding.
(b) Boxes of books.
(c) Piles of laundry.
11. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find him another place to stay.
(b) To find him somebody to stay with.
(c) To find him another job.
(d) To find another pair of shoes.
12. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(b) Good influences.
13. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A child's room.
(b) A cluttered room.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
14. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
15. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was treated with respect.
(b) He wasabused.
(c) He was chased off.
(d) He was ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Davies have stolen?
2. How old is Mick?
3. How did Davies feel about his job?
4. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
5. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)