|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first important event in the play?
(a) Davies is fired.
(b) Davies goes to the monastery.
(c) Davies finds an insurance card.
(d) Aston is renovating his home.
2. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) A public restroom.
(c) A fast-food restaurant.
(d) The library.
3. What does Davies do when Aston leaves the first morning?
(a) He cleans the house.
(b) He visits the neighbors.
(c) He goes through the boxes.
(d) He goes to the store.
4. How did Davies feel about his job?
(a) It was beneath him.
(b) It was too easy.
(c) His manager hated him.
(d) It was too hard.
5. Why did Davies leave his belongings?
(a) He dropped them.
(b) They were stolen goods.
(c) He didn't have time to grab them before leaving.
(d) He didn't want them anymore.
6. What were Davies's belongings in when he left them?
(a) A crate.
(b) A bag.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A backpack.
7. How does Davies claim to have been treated when he went to get a donation?
(a) He was chased off.
(b) He wasabused.
(c) He was ignored.
(d) He was treated with respect.
8. How many beds are in the room in which Act I takes place?
9. What clothing item does Davies claim he needs?
10. How old is Mick?
(a) Early forties.
(b) Early fifties.
(c) Early thirties.
(d) Early twenties.
11. How many rooms in the house are occupied?
12. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
(a) Bowls and cups.
(c) Cans of paint.
(d) Dirty laundry.
13. Where does Aston live?
(a) In the room.
(b) With his brother.
(c) In the worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(d) In an apartment downtown.
14. What does Davies get instead of a donation of shoes?
(a) One meal.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) Two meals.
(d) A place to sleep.
15. Why do Davies and Aston spend the time clearing things from the room?
(a) So they can invite somebody over.
(b) So they can make space for Davies' belongings.
(c) So Davies can get to the bed.
(d) So the landlord doesn't get angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davies sleep the first night after he is saved from a brawl?
2. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
3. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
4. How long does Aston offer his home to Davies?
5. Which description best matches Davies?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)