|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description best matches Davies?
(a) An elderly gentleman.
(b) An old tramp.
(c) A young student.
(d) A lazy employee.
2. How did Davies feel about his job?
(a) His manager hated him.
(b) It was beneath him.
(c) It was too hard.
(d) It was too easy.
3. What is the first important event in the play?
(a) Davies is fired.
(b) Aston is renovating his home.
(c) Davies goes to the monastery.
(d) Davies finds an insurance card.
4. What does Davies deny the first morning he wakes up?
(a) Making noises in his sleep.
(b) Making the room a mess.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Stealing from Aston.
5. What does Mick make Davies do when he arrives?
(a) Lie on the floor.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Clean the room.
6. What does Davies feel his life lacks?
(a) Good influences.
7. What noises does Davies make in his sleep?
(a) Groaning and jabbering.
(c) He talks about his past.
8. What can't Davies get stamped because he doesn't have his papers ?
(a) Insurance card.
(b) Immunization record.
(d) Birth certificate.
9. Why is there a bucket in the room in which Act I takes place?
(a) To hold painting supplies.
(b) To catch rodents.
(c) To catch falling plaster.
(d) To catch rain drops.
10. How long did Davies work before he was fired?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
11. Where does Davies claim to have left his belongings?
(a) The library.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) A fast-food restaurant.
(d) A public restroom.
12. What is wrong with the papers that Davies cannot use them?
(a) They don't have a specific stamp.
(b) They are torn.
(c) They don't have his real name
(d) They don't have a signature.
13. Who was about to hit Davies when Aston stepped in?
(a) A thief.
(b) An offended woman.
(c) A drunk man.
(d) Davies's employer.
14. What is the description for the setting of Act I?
(a) A child's room.
(b) The worker's quarters at a restaurant.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A cluttered room.
15. What promise does Aston make to Davies?
(a) To find another pair of shoes.
(b) To find him another job.
(c) To find him somebody to stay with.
(d) To find him another place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one word to describe Davies?
2. What is one word to describe Aston?
3. According to Davies, who lives next door?
4. What evidence of home restoration is there in Act I's setting?
5. How is the reader meant to feel about Davies?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)