|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
2. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
3. Who is assigned to go visit the widow of Maj. Despard's former employer?
4. What is the name of Anne's former employer that died?
5. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
How is sexuality portrayed in Cards on the Table? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others, and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Cards on the Table is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)