|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
2. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
3. Who does the parlor maid say that Dr. Roberts had an argument with?
4. What is the name of Anne's former employer that died?
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for Cards on the Table. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)