|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
2. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
3. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
4. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
5. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author named the book Cards on the Table? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Hercule Poirot? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)