Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
2. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
3. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
5. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)