|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
2. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
3. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
4. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
5. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)