|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
2. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
3. What is the name of the parlor maid?
4. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
5. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Is Mr. Shaitana's dinner party an ill-advised attempt to study the mind of a murderer? Discuss Shaitana's motivation for the party.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)