|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
2. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
3. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
4. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
5. Where does Battle go to look into the death of Anne's former employer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)