|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
2. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
3. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
4. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
5. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for Cards on the Table. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)