|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mannerisms does Poirot adopt when he visits the widow?
2. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
3. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
4. Who was Major Despard hired to accompany to the Amazon jungle?
5. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 3
Is Mr. Shaitana's dinner party an ill-advised attempt to study the mind of a murderer? Discuss Shaitana's motivation for the party.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)