|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
2. What does Anne do that proves Poirot's theory?
3. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
4. What is the scary news that Poirot gets during breakfast?
5. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the murders, and how?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)