|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the widow claim fired a gun in self-defense?
2. What is the scary news that Poirot gets during breakfast?
3. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
5. What does Anne do that proves Poirot's theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the murders, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in England in the mid-twentieth century when the women in the book are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)