|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
2. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
3. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
5. Who is the only person that Poirot has not yet questioned by the end of Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
How is sexuality portrayed in Cards on the Table? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others, and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)