|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
2. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
3. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
4. Who is the only person that Poirot has not yet questioned by the end of Chapter 19?
5. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 2
Poirot is an enigmatic and famous character in this book. Explain the history of Poirot as you know it. When did the character first appear in the book? What culture seemingly created Poirot? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Christie chose Poirot as a main character?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)