|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot buy after leaving the widow's residence?
2. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
3. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
4. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
5. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Cards on the Table is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the murders, and how?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)