Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
2. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
3. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
4. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
5. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Poirot's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the score cards from the bridge game. What do the score cards reveal?
Essay Topic 2
How is sexuality portrayed in Cards on the Table? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others, and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)