|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
2. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
3. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
4. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
5. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
Essay Topic 1
Cards on the Table is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in England in the mid-twentieth century when the women in the book are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)