|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
2. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
3. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
4. Whose mannerisms does Poirot adopt when he visits the widow?
5. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Poirot is an enigmatic and famous character in this book. Explain the history of Poirot as you know it. When did the character first appear in the book? What culture seemingly created Poirot? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Christie chose Poirot as a main character?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)