|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
2. Who does the parlor maid say that Dr. Roberts had an argument with?
3. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
4. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
5. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then, cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 3
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)