|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Poirot rush to in Chapter 29?
2. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
3. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
4. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
5. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Mr. Shaitana's dinner party an ill-advised attempt to study the mind of a murderer? Discuss Shaitana's motivation for the party.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)