Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
2. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
3. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
4. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
5. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detecting techniques of the four sleuths; cover how they each approach the murder and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the murders, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in Cards on the Table? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others, and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)