|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
2. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer trying to protect?
3. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
4. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
5. When Poirot talks to the staff, how many letters does he learn that Mrs. Lorrimer sent out?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is sexuality portrayed in Cards on the Table? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others, and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in England in the mid-twentieth century when the women in the book are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)