|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
2. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
3. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
4. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
5. What does Poirot ask Mrs. Lorrimer to tell him about the night of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Lorrimer interact with Shaitana that night at his party?
2. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
3. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
4. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
5. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
6. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
7. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
8. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
9. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
10. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Mr. Shaitana's dinner party an ill-advised attempt to study the mind of a murderer? Discuss Shaitana's motivation for the party.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)