Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
2. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
3. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
4. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
5. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Poirot outwit the doctor and get more information out of Dr. Roberts than he wants to give?
2. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
3. Why did Mrs. Lorrimer protect Miss Meredith? Explain with details from the text.
4. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
5. Describe Hercule Poirot.
6. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
7. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
8. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
9. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
10. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Describe some of the settings for Cards on the Table. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the book?
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)