Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
2. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
3. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
4. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
5. Who does Mrs. Oliver immediately think is the murderer in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
2. Describe Hercule Poirot.
3. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the room at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
5. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
6. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
7. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
8. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
9. What is the trap that Poirot leaves for Anne?
10. What does Major Despard's story of the incident in the Amazon reveal about himself?
Cards on the Table is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)