|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Roberts' secretary?
2. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
3. Who is lovely, genteel, and elderly in Chapter 2?
4. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
5. Who does Shaitana say he will invite to his event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
2. In what ways does Mrs. Lorrimer show or not show emotion during her interview?
3. When Shaitana is discovered to be dead, who is possibly implicated in the crime by proximity?
4. What diversionary tactic does Christie employ in describing Poirot that might mislead the reader initially?
5. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
6. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
7. What has Race discovered about Major Despard's past?
8. Describe Rhoda Dawes.
9. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about the behavior of men versus women that night at Shaitana's party?
10. Describe Miss Meredith.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then, cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)