|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Anne have with her employer?
2. What is Poirot making an indirect reference to by mentioning Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
3. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
4. Who is Superintendent Battle partnered with?
5. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Lorrimer interact with Shaitana that night at his party?
2. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
3. When Poirot realizes that Mrs. Lorrimer has an exceptional memory, what else does he understood about her?
4. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
5. What does the reference of "walking into the cage of a tiger" seem to imply?
6. In the process of setting up the investigation, what is discovered about Shaitana's intentions?
7. Why does Poirot ask suspects about their bridge game?
8. What does Shaitana do that is shocking and bizarre?
9. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
10. To whom did Mrs. Lorrimer send notes, and why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)