|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they discover about Shaitana's set up for the evening?
2. Who does Despard think is a good player?
3. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
4. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
5. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miss Meredith.
2. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
3. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about the behavior of men versus women that night at Shaitana's party?
4. Why does Poirot ask suspects about their bridge game?
5. What does the presence of four sleuths present to Poirot?
6. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
7. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
8. How do the four sleuths vary in their investigative styles?
9. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
10. How did Mrs. Lorrimer interact with Shaitana that night at his party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Major Despard's character, comparing and contrasting him with Rhoda Dawes and with Anne Meredith.
Essay Topic 3
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)