|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
2. What is Poirot's theory for identifying the suspect?
3. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
4. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
5. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
2. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
3. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the room at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
5. Describe Rhoda Dawes.
6. What does Shaitana do that is shocking and bizarre?
7. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
8. What does Major Despard's story of the incident in the Amazon reveal about himself?
9. Describe Miss Meredith.
10. What does the reference of "walking into the cage of a tiger" seem to imply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Poirot is an enigmatic and famous character in this book. Explain the history of Poirot as you know it. When did the character first appear in the book? What culture seemingly created Poirot? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Christie chose Poirot as a main character?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)