|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
2. Who does Shaitana say he will invite to his event?
3. In the room where Mrs. Oliver is seated, whom is she partnered with?
4. Where did Mrs. Lorrimer meet Shaitana?
5. What does Shaitana say that doctors have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
2. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
3. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
4. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
5. What does Elsie reveal about Dr. Roberts that makes him a prime murder suspect?
6. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
7. What does Anne do in her last act of revenge?
8. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the card game at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
9. What does the presence of four sleuths present to Poirot?
10. What seems inconsistent to Poirot with Mrs. Lorrimer's apparent suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Poirot's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the score cards from the bridge game. What do the score cards reveal?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)