|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
2. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
3. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
4. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
5. Who does Mrs. Oliver immediately think is the murderer in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
2. Describe Hercule Poirot.
3. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the room at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
5. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
6. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
7. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
8. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
9. What is the trap that Poirot leaves for Anne?
10. What does Major Despard's story of the incident in the Amazon reveal about himself?
Essay Topic 1
Is Mr. Shaitana's dinner party an ill-advised attempt to study the mind of a murderer? Discuss Shaitana's motivation for the party.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,524 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)