|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot express concern over?
2. Where does Shaitana go and sit after everyone is paired up?
3. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
4. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
5. Who is the second person that Superintendent Battle calls for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Poirot outwit the doctor and get more information out of Dr. Roberts than he wants to give?
2. What does Elsie reveal about Dr. Roberts that makes him a prime murder suspect?
3. What is unusual about Poirot's method of investigation?
4. Why is Battle suspicious of Anne?
5. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
6. To whom did Mrs. Lorrimer send notes, and why is this important?
7. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
8. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
9. What diversionary tactic does Christie employ in describing Poirot that might mislead the reader initially?
10. What does Major Despard say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Lorimer and Anne are two intriguing characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Lorrimer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Anne had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Poirot's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the score cards from the bridge game. What do the score cards reveal?
Essay Topic 3
Cards on the Table is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)