Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
2. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
3. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
4. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
5. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Poirot outwit the doctor and get more information out of Dr. Roberts than he wants to give?
2. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
3. Why did Mrs. Lorrimer protect Miss Meredith? Explain with details from the text.
4. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
5. Describe Hercule Poirot.
6. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
7. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
8. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
9. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
10. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
Cards on the Table is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then, cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)