|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
2. Who turns out to be dead by the end of Chapter 3?
3. What is Poirot making an indirect reference to by mentioning Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
4. What does Poirot ask Mrs. Lorrimer to tell him about the night of the murder?
5. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer partnered with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Poirot's method of investigation?
2. What is the trap that Poirot leaves for Anne?
3. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
4. Why did Mrs. Lorrimer protect Miss Meredith? Explain with details from the text.
5. How do the four sleuths vary in their investigative styles?
6. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
7. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
8. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
9. When Shaitana is discovered to be dead, who is possibly implicated in the crime by proximity?
10. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then, cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then, cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in England in the mid-twentieth century when the women in the book are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)