|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
2. What kind of a house does Mrs. Lorrimer inhabit?
3. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
4. Who are the four suspects?
5. Who does Lorrimer think is a cautious player?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miss Meredith.
2. How does Shaitana set the stage for a fantastic dinner party?
3. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
4. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
6. What does Shaitana do that is shocking and bizarre?
7. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
8. Why is Battle suspicious of Anne?
9. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
10. Describe Shaitana.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What specifically did Poirot do to evaluate Miss Meredith's character? Why was this important? Would Poirot have been able to prevent any murders? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Christie's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 3
Poirot is an enigmatic and famous character in this book. Explain the history of Poirot as you know it. When did the character first appear in the book? What culture seemingly created Poirot? How has the character changed throughout history? Why do you think Christie chose Poirot as a main character?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)