|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Craddock die?
2. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
3. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
4. What kind of a house does Mrs. Lorrimer inhabit?
5. What does Shaitana say is his preferred method of murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Shaitana is discovered to be dead, who is possibly implicated in the crime by proximity?
2. Describe Hercule Poirot.
3. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
4. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
5. What does the presence of four sleuths present to the murderer?
6. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
7. What does Major Despard's story of the incident in the Amazon reveal about himself?
8. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
9. What is unusual about Poirot's method of investigation?
10. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Shaitana. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anne Meredith. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Anne's character in the novel?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)