|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Her clothing and stockings.
(c) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(d) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
2. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(b) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(c) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
(d) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
3. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was killed in cold murder.
(b) That she took poison and died.
(c) That she was actually Anne's mother.
(d) That she was vicious and cruel.
4. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
(a) Isle of Dogs.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) Westminster Chapel.
(d) Notre Dame.
5. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
(a) Like a wallflower.
(b) Like a beggar.
(c) Like a thief.
(d) Like a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot buy after leaving the widow's residence?
2. Who is assigned to go visit the widow of Maj. Despard's former employer?
3. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
4. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
5. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)