|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(b) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
(c) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(d) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
2. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
(a) Like a lover.
(b) Like a wallflower.
(c) Like a thief.
(d) Like a beggar.
3. What is the name of the parlor maid?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Janice Oliver.
(c) Anna Ward.
(d) Elsie Batt.
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Killing Shaitana.
(b) Making poison.
(c) Cheating at bridge.
(d) Killing the professor.
5. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) That it was done out of respect.
(b) That it never happened.
(c) There was an eyewitness.
(d) That it was committed by an invalid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot tell Battle they must do quickly?
2. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
3. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
4. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
5. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)