|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) There was an eyewitness.
(b) That it was committed by an invalid.
(c) That it was done out of respect.
(d) That it never happened.
2. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Making poison.
(b) Killing Shaitana.
(c) Cheating at bridge.
(d) Killing the professor.
3. Who was Major Despard hired to accompany to the Amazon jungle?
(a) Professor Luxmore.
(b) Anne Meredith.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
4. What does Anne do that proves Poirot's theory?
(a) She steals stockings.
(b) She lives in squalor.
(c) She fights her rapist.
(d) She lies about her education.
5. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
(a) Confuses him.
(b) Soothes him.
(c) Delights him.
(d) Angers him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
2. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
3. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
4. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
5. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)