|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the parlor maid?
(a) Anna Ward.
(b) Elsie Batt.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Janice Oliver.
2. What does Poirot buy after leaving the widow's residence?
(a) A gun.
(c) Malaria tablets.
(d) Lottery tickets.
3. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The opera.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The river.
4. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
(a) Giving the patient the wrong medicine.
(b) Lying about his records.
(c) Stealing the patient's money.
(d) Impropriety with the patient's wife.
5. Whose mannerisms does Poirot adopt when he visits the widow?
(b) Mr. Shaitana.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
2. What does Poirot ask Anne to help him choose for his family for gifts?
3. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
4. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
5. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)