|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(b) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
(c) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(d) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
2. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
3. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Ms. Dawes.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
4. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
(a) Confuses him.
(b) Delights him.
(c) Angers him.
(d) Soothes him.
5. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer trying to protect?
2. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
3. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
5. What does Anne do that proves Poirot's theory?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)