|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Battle go to look into the death of Anne's former employer?
(b) Isle of Dogs.
2. What does Anne do that proves Poirot's theory?
(a) She lies about her education.
(b) She lives in squalor.
(c) She steals stockings.
(d) She fights her rapist.
3. Who does the widow claim fired a gun in self-defense?
(a) Maj. Despard.
(b) Otto van Shaitana.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Professor Luxmore.
4. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(b) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
(d) Her clothing and stockings.
5. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The river.
(b) The opera.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
2. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
3. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
4. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
5. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)