Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
(b) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(c) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(d) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
2. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Anne Meredith.
3. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The river.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The opera.
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
(a) They incensed her.
(b) They were harsh and derogatory.
(c) They were kind and compassionate.
(d) They were meant for her alone.
5. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
(a) An apology and recrimination.
(b) A list of future victims.
(c) A description of where the jewels are kept.
(d) A confession and an apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
2. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
3. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
4. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
5. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)