|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
(a) Wire-tapping their homes.
(b) Torturing them.
(c) Interrogating them till dawn.
(d) Digging into their pasts.
2. Where is the Wessex House located?
3. Where was Miss Meredith born?
4. What do the four sleuths decide they must appear to be investigating, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Shaitana's murder.
(b) Psychological motives for all suspects.
(c) Crime scene investigations approved by the police.
(d) Motive for the death of a patient.
5. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shaitana ridicule about Poirot?
2. Who asks Dr. Roberts how well he knew his host and his companions?
3. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
4. Where did Miss Meredith meet Shaitana?
5. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
2. In what ways does Mrs. Lorrimer show or not show emotion during her interview?
3. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
4. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
5. To whom did Mrs. Lorrimer send notes, and why is this important?
6. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
7. How do the four sleuths vary in their investigative styles?
8. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
9. When Shaitana is discovered to be dead, who is possibly implicated in the crime by proximity?
10. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)