|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the room where Mrs. Oliver is seated, whom is she partnered with?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Hercule Poirot.
(d) Major Despard.
2. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
(a) Anne Meredith.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
3. What do the four sleuths decide they must appear to be investigating, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Shaitana's murder.
(b) Psychological motives for all suspects.
(c) Motive for the death of a patient.
(d) Crime scene investigations approved by the police.
4. What does Shaitana discuss with his dinner guests about sleeping sickness?
(d) His own suffering.
5. What did the doctor notice about Mrs. Lorrimer while playing bridge?
(a) She is frightened easily.
(b) She is aggressive.
(c) She is very modest.
(d) She is a first-class player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the four suspects?
2. What does the author tell us about Poirot?
3. What does Shaitana say is his preferred method of murder?
4. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
5. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems inconsistent to Poirot with Mrs. Lorrimer's apparent suicide?
2. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
3. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
4. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
5. How does Poirot outwit the doctor and get more information out of Dr. Roberts than he wants to give?
6. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
7. Describe Major Despard.
8. How does Shaitana set the stage for a fantastic dinner party?
9. Why does Poirot ask suspects about their bridge game?
10. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)