Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His keys.
(c) His tape recorder.
(d) His lens.
2. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
(a) Flowers and Oriental pictures.
(b) Rugs and couches.
(c) Paintings and vases.
(d) Tables and chairs.
3. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(b) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(c) Miss Meredith snoring.
(d) The bridge game in progress.
4. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They are fat and chubby.
(b) They are long and tapered.
(c) They have knots from arthritis.
(d) They shook.
5. Who does Mrs. Oliver immediately think is the murderer in Chapter 4?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
2. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
3. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
4. What kind of relationship does Anne have with her employer?
5. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
2. Describe Hercule Poirot.
3. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the room at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
5. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
6. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
7. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
8. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
9. What is the trap that Poirot leaves for Anne?
10. What does Major Despard's story of the incident in the Amazon reveal about himself?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)