|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Superintendent Battle.
(d) Maj. Despard.
2. What kind of relationship does Anne have with her employer?
(a) They are cold.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are strained.
3. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
4. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
(b) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
(c) He was trying to scare them into confession.
(d) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
5. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot think about Dr. Robert's playing?
2. What does Lorrimer do when she sees the stiletto?
3. Who are the four sleuths?
4. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
5. Where do the four sleuths arrive in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
2. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
3. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
4. What does Anne do in her last act of revenge?
5. What does Miss Burgess reveal about the doctor that is scandalous?
6. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
7. When Poirot realizes that Mrs. Lorrimer has an exceptional memory, what else does he understood about her?
8. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
9. Describe Major Despard.
10. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about the behavior of men versus women that night at Shaitana's party?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)