|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
(a) Interviewing suspects.
(b) Investigative techniques.
(c) Crime scene notes.
(d) Boudoir selections.
2. What does Shaitana ridicule about Poirot?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His short stature.
(d) His profession.
3. Based on Mr. Shaitana's comments at dinner, what does Poirot think the murderer's motivation was?
(a) Driven by lust.
(b) Long-sought revenge.
(c) Spur of the moment.
4. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) To the accuracy of her judgment.
(b) To the perfection of her game.
(c) To the propensity for lying.
(d) To the vividness of her previous memories.
5. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(b) Miss Meredith snoring.
(c) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(d) The bridge game in progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
2. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
3. Where does Shaitana go and sit after everyone is paired up?
4. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
5. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne do in her last act of revenge?
2. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
3. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
4. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
5. Describe Miss Meredith.
6. What does Elsie reveal about Dr. Roberts that makes him a prime murder suspect?
7. What does the reference of "walking into the cage of a tiger" seem to imply?
8. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
9. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
10. What does the presence of four sleuths present to Poirot?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)