Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
(a) Question the suspects.
(b) Surround the house.
(c) Be on trial.
(d) Talk to the police.
2. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They have knots from arthritis.
(b) They are long and tapered.
(c) They are fat and chubby.
(d) They shook.
3. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Superintendent Battle.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Maj. Despard.
4. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
5. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
2. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
3. What do they discover about Shaitana's set up for the evening?
4. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
5. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Poirot outwit the doctor and get more information out of Dr. Roberts than he wants to give?
2. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
3. Why did Mrs. Lorrimer protect Miss Meredith? Explain with details from the text.
4. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
5. Describe Hercule Poirot.
6. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
7. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
8. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
9. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
10. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)