|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mystery writer in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Shaitana.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Mr. Poirot.
(d) Mr. Battle.
2. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
(a) Mr. Poirot.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Mr. Battle.
(d) Mr. Shaitana.
3. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) To the perfection of her game.
(b) To the propensity for lying.
(c) To the vividness of her previous memories.
(d) To the accuracy of her judgment.
4. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(b) Drawing room.
5. What does Poirot think about Mrs. Lorrimer's playing?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Lorrimer tells M. Poirot that she has no obligation to speak to him about Shaitana's murder, what does he say or do?
2. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
3. Who does Despard think is a good player?
4. When asked who he suspects, who does Dr. Roberts think is the murderer?
5. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
2. What does Major Despard say in response to Poirot's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
3. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
4. How does the reader's perception of Anne change in Chapters 17 and 18?
5. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
6. Describe Dr. Roberts.
7. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
8. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
9. To whom did Mrs. Lorrimer send notes, and why is this important?
10. What diversionary tactic does Christie employ in describing Poirot that might mislead the reader initially?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)