|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
2. Who does Despard think is a good player?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
3. Who seems to have a lively and adventurous spirit and likes to talk to Colonel Race?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Anne Meredith.
(d) Major Despard.
4. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
(a) A search warrant.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A magnifying lens.
(d) A tape recorder.
5. How long does it take after the body of the murdered victim in Chapter 3 is removed for the sleuths to begin investigating?
(a) Five hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Poirot meet Shaitana?
2. What is the mystery writer prone to do with facts?
3. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
4. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer think is a show-off?
5. How does Poirot think Shaitana sealed his fate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
2. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
3. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
4. What does Major Despard say in response to Poirot's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
5. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
6. What does the presence of four sleuths present to Poirot?
7. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
8. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
9. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
10. Describe Miss Meredith.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)