|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
2. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Superintendent Battle.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Miss Meredith.
3. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Colonel Race.
(c) Hercule Poirot.
(d) Major Despard.
4. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Miss Meredith snoring.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(c) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(d) The bridge game in progress.
5. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They have knots from arthritis.
(b) They are long and tapered.
(c) They are fat and chubby.
(d) They shook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Roberts admit to knowing prior to attending Shaitana's event?
2. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
3. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
4. Who are the four suspects?
5. What does Shaitana discuss with his dinner guests about sleeping sickness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about the behavior of men versus women that night at Shaitana's party?
2. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
3. What does the reference of "walking into the cage of a tiger" seem to imply?
4. Why is Battle suspicious of Anne?
5. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
6. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the room at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
7. Why does Poirot ask suspects about their bridge game?
8. When Shaitana is discovered to be dead, who is possibly implicated in the crime by proximity?
9. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
10. In the process of setting up the investigation, what is discovered about Shaitana's intentions?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)