|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
2. What does Shaitana say is his preferred method of murder?
(d) Shooting accident.
3. Where was Miss Meredith born?
4. In the room where Mrs. Oliver is seated, whom is she partnered with?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Hercule Poirot.
5. What does Poirot ask Mrs. Lorrimer to tell him about the night of the murder?
(a) The cards that she gave to Miss Meredith.
(b) Furnishings in the room.
(c) Conversation that she had with Col. Race.
(d) How she is feeling that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
2. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
3. Where does Poirot meet Shaitana?
4. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
5. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
2. Describe Dr. Roberts.
3. What has Race discovered about Major Despard's past?
4. In the process of setting up the investigation, what is discovered about Shaitana's intentions?
5. What is unusual about Poirot's method of investigation?
6. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
7. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the card game at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
8. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
9. How did Mrs. Lorrimer interact with Shaitana that night at his party?
10. What does Elsie reveal about Dr. Roberts that makes him a prime murder suspect?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)