|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Lorrimer meet Shaitana?
(a) In Johannesburg.
(b) In London.
(c) In Egypt.
(d) In Edinburgh.
2. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They have knots from arthritis.
(b) They are fat and chubby.
(c) They are long and tapered.
(d) They shook.
3. Where is the Wessex House located?
4. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Mrs. Ariadne Oliver.
5. How does Poirot think Shaitana sealed his fate?
(a) By making fun of the murderer.
(b) By saying he wanted to die.
(c) By challenging the murderer to a duel.
(d) By talking about murder options.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Miss Meredith meet Shaitana?
2. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
3. When Mrs. Lorrimer tells M. Poirot that she has no obligation to speak to him about Shaitana's murder, what does he say or do?
4. What is the mystery writer prone to do with facts?
5. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
2. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
3. How did Dr. Roberts kill Mrs. Lorrimer?
4. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
5. What does the presence of four sleuths present to Poirot?
6. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
7. What does Major Despard say in response to Poirot's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
8. What does Major Despard say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
9. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
10. Why is Battle suspicious of Anne?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)