|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seated by the fire?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Miss Meredith.
2. Who thought she was poisoned by her family, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Miss Graves.
3. Where is the Wessex House located?
4. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Anne Meredith.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
5. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Maj. Despard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Anne Meredith makes her an obvious target?
2. What did the doctor notice about Mrs. Lorrimer while playing bridge?
3. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
4. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
5. Who does Dr. Roberts admit to knowing prior to attending Shaitana's event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
2. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
3. Describe Hercule Poirot.
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the card game at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
5. What does the presence of four sleuths present to Poirot?
6. In what ways does Mrs. Lorrimer show or not show emotion during her interview?
7. What does Shaitana do that is shocking and bizarre?
8. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
9. How did Mrs. Lorrimer interact with Shaitana that night at his party?
10. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)