|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
(c) Gold coins.
2. Who is seated by the fire?
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Miss Meredith.
3. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A magnifying lens.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A search warrant.
4. Who does Despard think is a good player?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
5. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) To the vividness of her previous memories.
(b) To the propensity for lying.
(c) To the accuracy of her judgment.
(d) To the perfection of her game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Craddock die?
2. Where does Shaitana go and sit after everyone is paired up?
3. Who is Dr. Roberts' secretary?
4. How long does it take after the body of the murdered victim in Chapter 3 is removed for the sleuths to begin investigating?
5. Where was Miss Meredith born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Race discovered about Major Despard's past?
2. How do the four sleuths vary in their investigative styles?
3. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
4. What does the presence of four sleuths present to the murderer?
5. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
6. In the process of setting up the investigation, what is discovered about Shaitana's intentions?
7. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
8. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
9. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
10. Describe Shaitana.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)