|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
(a) Question the suspects.
(b) Talk to the police.
(c) Surround the house.
(d) Be on trial.
2. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer partnered with?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Colonel Race.
(c) Hercule Poirot.
(d) Miss Meredith.
3. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to describe in minute detail to Poirot?
(a) Bridge game.
(b) Maj. Depard.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Rug design.
4. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From a suicide in his room.
(b) From drowning in the ocean.
(c) From a blood-poisoning illness.
(d) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
5. Who does Despard think is a good player?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
2. What do the sleuths sort through in order to identify the murderer?
3. Who does Mrs. Oliver immediately think is the murderer in Chapter 4?
4. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
5. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
2. In the process of setting up the investigation, what is discovered about Shaitana's intentions?
3. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
4. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
5. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
6. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
7. What does Major Despard say in response to Poirot's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
8. How does Poirot outwit the doctor and get more information out of Dr. Roberts than he wants to give?
9. What diversionary tactic does Christie employ in describing Poirot that might mislead the reader initially?
10. How do the four sleuths vary in their investigative styles?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)