|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
(a) Shaitana and Poirot.
(b) Mrs. Oliver and Col. Race.
(c) Maj. Depard and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Superintendent Battle and Hercule Poirot.
2. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
3. Where do the four sleuths arrive in Chapter 2?
(a) Shaitana's theater hall.
(b) Shaitana's warehouse.
(c) Shaitana's apartment.
(d) Shaitana's restaurant.
4. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
(a) Long and laborious.
(b) Confusing and wishy-washy.
(c) Contentious and difficult.
(d) Quick and efficient.
5. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
2. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
4. Who does Miss Meredith indirectly point the finger at as a possible murderer?
5. Who is the second person that Superintendent Battle calls for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Lorrimer protect Miss Meredith? Explain with details from the text.
2. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
3. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
4. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
5. What does Major Despard say in response to Poirot's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
6. How did Dr. Roberts kill Mrs. Lorrimer?
7. What does the reference of "walking into the cage of a tiger" seem to imply?
8. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
9. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
10. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)