|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
(b) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
(c) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
(d) He was trying to scare them into confession.
2. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
(a) Maj. Depard and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Shaitana and Poirot.
(c) Superintendent Battle and Hercule Poirot.
(d) Mrs. Oliver and Col. Race.
3. What does Poirot think about Mrs. Lorrimer's playing?
4. What about Anne Meredith makes her an obvious target?
(a) Her youth and seeming lack of sophistication.
(b) Her willingness to argue and her nervous nature.
(c) Her poverty and her falsehoods.
(d) Her inability to keep a steady gaze and her fear.
5. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From a suicide in his room.
(b) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
(c) From a blood-poisoning illness.
(d) From drowning in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
2. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
3. How does Poirot intend on getting a psychological profile on murder suspects?
4. Who does Shaitana say he will invite to his event?
5. To whom is Anne a companion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
2. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
3. What does the presence of four sleuths present to the murderer?
4. Describe Rhoda Dawes.
5. What are Poirot's deductions about the four possible murder suspects by Chapters 24 and 25?
6. In what ways does Mrs. Lorrimer show or not show emotion during her interview?
7. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
8. What does Major Despard say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
9. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
10. How does Shaitana set the stage for a fantastic dinner party?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)