|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hercule Poirot do for a living?
(a) He is retired.
(b) He is a detective.
(c) He is an opera guide.
(d) He is a policeman.
2. Who does Dr. Roberts admit to knowing prior to attending Shaitana's event?
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Miss Meredith.
3. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
4. How does Poirot intend on getting a psychological profile on murder suspects?
(a) By evaluating how they kept score and how they remember the game.
(b) By putting them in the same scenarios unknowingly.
(c) By placing temptations in front of them and watching their responses.
(d) By calling them up unexpectedly and asking them rapid questions.
5. What did the doctor notice about Mrs. Lorrimer while playing bridge?
(a) She is a first-class player.
(b) She is frightened easily.
(c) She is very modest.
(d) She is aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
2. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
3. What does Poirot think about Dr. Robert's playing?
4. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
5. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
2. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
3. What are Mrs. Oliver's conclusions and how do the other sleuths respond, if at all?
4. To whom did Mrs. Lorrimer send notes, and why is this important?
5. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
6. Describe Rhoda Dawes.
7. How do the four sleuths vary in their investigative styles?
8. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
9. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
10. What about Anne's nature makes Rhoda desire to protect her?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)