|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) To the accuracy of her judgment.
(b) To the perfection of her game.
(c) To the propensity for lying.
(d) To the vividness of her previous memories.
2. What did the doctor notice about Mrs. Lorrimer while playing bridge?
(a) She is very modest.
(b) She is frightened easily.
(c) She is aggressive.
(d) She is a first-class player.
3. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(b) The bridge game in progress.
(c) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(d) Miss Meredith snoring.
4. How does the second interview go?
(a) More quickly than the first.
(b) It is delayed.
(c) More slowly than the first.
(d) Ends abruptly.
5. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
(c) Lack of.
(d) Old world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
2. To whom is Anne a companion?
3. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
4. Who thought she was poisoned by her family, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
5. What is Poirot making an indirect reference to by mentioning Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
2. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
3. How does Shaitana set the stage for a fantastic dinner party?
4. What are Poirot's deductions of the bridge players?
5. Describe Rhoda Dawes.
6. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
7. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
8. In the process of setting up the investigation, what is discovered about Shaitana's intentions?
9. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
10. When Shaitana is discovered to be dead, who is possibly implicated in the crime by proximity?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)