|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Poirot is afraid of criminals.
(b) Poirot cannot catch criminals.
(c) Poirot is a criminal himself.
(d) Poirot loves criminals.
2. Who does Despard think is a good player?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Miss Meredith.
3. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
(a) Makes them uncomfortable.
(b) Makes them comfortable.
(c) Makes them giddy.
(d) Makes them sleepy.
4. Who is seated by the fire?
(a) Major Despard.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
5. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(c) Drawing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
2. Who is lovely, genteel, and elderly in Chapter 2?
3. How does Dr. Roberts rate Miss Meredith as a card player?
4. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
5. What does Poirot think about Mrs. Lorrimer's playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shaitana.
2. Describe Mrs. Lorrimer.
3. What is unusual about Poirot's method of investigation?
4. Describe Miss Meredith.
5. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
6. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
7. How did Mrs. Lorrimer interact with Shaitana that night at his party?
8. How does Dr. Roberts respond to Battle's questioning?
9. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
10. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)