|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second person that Superintendent Battle calls for?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Col. Race.
2. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
3. What does Poirot say about Shaitana's plan?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is stupid.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is expensive.
4. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer partnered with?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Hercule Poirot.
(d) Colonel Race.
5. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It has not been revealed.
(b) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
(c) It requires a lot of knowledge.
(d) It can only be understood by a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
2. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
3. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
4. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
5. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the room at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
2. Describe Miss Meredith.
3. Describe Hercule Poirot.
4. How is O'Connor able to elicit information from the parlor maid?
5. How does Poirot's analysis of Dr. Roberts vary from that of Miss Meredith?
6. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
7. When Poirot realizes that Mrs. Lorrimer has an exceptional memory, what else does he understood about her?
8. How does Poirot intend on unmasking the murderer?
9. How does Meredith seem to implicate Mrs. Lorrimer as the murderer?
10. What does the reference of "walking into the cage of a tiger" seem to imply?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)