|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Dr. Roberts how well he knew his host and his companions?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
2. What does the author tell us about Poirot?
(a) He is slow.
(b) He is overweight.
(c) He is ridiculous.
(d) He is agile.
3. Who seems to have a lively and adventurous spirit and likes to talk to Colonel Race?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Anne Meredith.
4. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
(a) Makes them giddy.
(b) Makes them comfortable.
(c) Makes them sleepy.
(d) Makes them uncomfortable.
5. Where did Miss Meredith meet Shaitana?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
2. What does Poirot express concern over?
3. Who turns out to be dead by the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
5. When asked who he suspects, who does Dr. Roberts think is the murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shaitana set the stage for a fantastic dinner party?
2. Describe Miss Meredith.
3. Why is Battle suspicious of Anne?
4. What does Major Despard say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about the behavior of men versus women that night at Shaitana's party?
6. What did Poirot achieve through his psychological analysis of the murder suspects?
7. What is unusual about Poirot's method of investigation?
8. In what ways does Mrs. Lorrimer show or not show emotion during her interview?
9. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
10. Describe Dr. Roberts.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)