|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
2. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Maj. Despard.
(c) Col. Race.
3. In the room where Mrs. Oliver is seated, whom is she partnered with?
(a) Hercule Poirot.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Miss Meredith.
4. What does Poirot think about Dr. Robert's playing?
5. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
(b) Old world.
(c) Lack of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
2. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
3. How many times did Dr. Roberts leave his table on the night of the murder?
4. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
5. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
2. What does Shaitana do that is shocking and bizarre?
3. What is the dangerous thing that Shaitana did that probably caused his death?
4. What does Dr. Roberts do or say that makes him appear innocent to Battle?
5. What does Dr. Roberts say in response to Battle's questions about Shaitana and the other guests?
6. How did Dr. Roberts kill Mrs. Lorrimer?
7. What has Race discovered about Major Despard's past?
8. What does Major Despard's story of the incident in the Amazon reveal about himself?
9. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
10. When Poirot realizes that Mrs. Lorrimer has an exceptional memory, what else does he understood about her?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)