|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(b) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(c) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
2. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
(a) Hercule Poirot.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Colonel Race.
3. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
4. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
5. Who thought she was poisoned by her family, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Miss Graves.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Anne a companion?
2. What do they discover about Shaitana's set up for the evening?
3. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
4. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
5. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Mrs. Luxmore reveals to Poirot?
2. Why is Battle suspicious of Anne?
3. What does the presence of four sleuths present to the murderer?
4. What two things about Rhoda irritate Anne?
5. What is the shocking revelation that Poirot has about Mrs. Lorrimer and Miss Meredith?
6. Why does Rhoda call upon Mrs. Oliver?
7. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder to Poirot?
8. How does Mrs. Lorrimer remain in character as Poirot expects?
9. What does Mrs. Lorrimer's memory about the card game at Shaitana's party reveal about her?
10. What about Mrs. Lorrimer's personality prevents her from being the murderer?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)