|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Dr. Roberts before getting inoculations to go abroad?
(a) Mr. Craddock.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Mrs. Craddock.
(d) Miss Meredith.
2. When Poirot talks to the staff, how many letters does he learn that Mrs. Lorrimer sent out?
3. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
(a) By shooting him in the leg.
(b) By throwing him a line.
(c) By running away with his wife.
(d) By ripping his shirt off.
4. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
(a) Two bite marks.
(b) A slight bruise.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) A big cut.
5. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) Her clothing and stockings.
(b) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(c) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
(d) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
6. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
7. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
8. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Cheating at bridge.
(b) Killing Shaitana.
(c) Making poison.
(d) Killing the professor.
9. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
(a) They were harsh and derogatory.
(b) They incensed her.
(c) They were kind and compassionate.
(d) They were meant for her alone.
10. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
(b) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(c) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
(d) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
11. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
(a) Ms. Dawes.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
12. What does Poirot ask Anne to help him choose for his family for gifts?
(b) Gold coins.
13. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was killed in cold murder.
(b) That she was vicious and cruel.
(c) That she took poison and died.
(d) That she was actually Anne's mother.
14. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
(a) If she is caught in another crime.
(b) If she is forced to live in poverty.
(c) If she is hurt or raped.
(d) If she is forced to do something she does not like.
15. Who is the only person that Poirot has not yet questioned by the end of Chapter 19?
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
2. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
3. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
4. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
5. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)