|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
2. What does Poirot ask Anne to help him choose for his family for gifts?
(d) Gold coins.
3. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
(b) Hotel suite.
(c) Underground tavern.
(d) Double-decker bus.
4. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The river.
(c) The opera.
(d) The restaurant.
5. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
(a) Indian blue glass.
(b) Syrup of Figs.
(c) Peruvian cocoa.
(d) Bohemian glass.
6. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
7. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) There was an eyewitness.
(b) That it never happened.
(c) That it was done out of respect.
(d) That it was committed by an invalid.
8. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
(a) A description of where the jewels are kept.
(b) A confession and an apology.
(c) An apology and recrimination.
(d) A list of future victims.
9. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
(a) If she is hurt or raped.
(b) If she is forced to live in poverty.
(c) If she is caught in another crime.
(d) If she is forced to do something she does not like.
10. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was vicious and cruel.
(b) That she was killed in cold murder.
(c) That she took poison and died.
(d) That she was actually Anne's mother.
11. Who does the parlor maid say that Dr. Roberts had an argument with?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Mr. Craddock.
(c) Janice Oliver.
(d) Col. Race.
12. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
(a) Pushed him forward into the line of fire.
(b) Spoiled his aim, resulting in the bullet to go astray.
(c) Cheated on him.
(d) Knocked him into a river full of piranhas.
13. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Janice Oliver.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
14. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
15. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
(d) Forbidden love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
2. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
3. Who is assigned to go visit the widow of Maj. Despard's former employer?
4. Who is the only person that Poirot has not yet questioned by the end of Chapter 19?
5. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)