|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) A woman of his past.
2. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) The river.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The opera.
3. Where does Battle go to look into the death of Anne's former employer?
(d) Isle of Dogs.
4. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
(a) A mind capable of murder.
(b) A spirit of warmth and candor.
(c) A mind capable of winning the lottery.
(d) A heart full of kindness.
5. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
(a) Angers him.
(b) Soothes him.
(c) Delights him.
(d) Confuses him.
6. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
7. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) There was an eyewitness.
(b) That it was done out of respect.
(c) That it never happened.
(d) That it was committed by an invalid.
8. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
(a) Knocked him into a river full of piranhas.
(b) Cheated on him.
(c) Pushed him forward into the line of fire.
(d) Spoiled his aim, resulting in the bullet to go astray.
9. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Do her homework.
(b) Run away quickly.
(c) Talk to Major Despard.
(d) Come clean about her past.
10. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
(a) If she is caught in another crime.
(b) If she is forced to live in poverty.
(c) If she is forced to do something she does not like.
(d) If she is hurt or raped.
11. Which sleuth does Rhoda visit in Chapter 17?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
12. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Making poison.
(b) Killing the professor.
(c) Killing Shaitana.
(d) Cheating at bridge.
13. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
14. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
(a) With a theater performance.
(b) With singing and playing the piano.
(c) With hilarious jokes.
(d) With a viewing of a knife.
15. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
(a) Two bite marks.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A slight bruise.
(d) A big cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
2. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer trying to protect?
3. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
4. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
5. What is the name of Anne's former employer that died?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)