|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
2. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
(a) Hotel suite.
(b) Double-decker bus.
(c) Underground tavern.
3. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
4. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Burgess and Hastings.
(b) Despard and Rhoda.
(c) Oliver and Claudia.
(d) Despard and Anne.
5. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
(a) Like a beggar.
(b) Like a wallflower.
(c) Like a lover.
(d) Like a thief.
6. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Janice Oliver.
7. Who does the parlor maid say that Dr. Roberts had an argument with?
(a) Janice Oliver.
(b) Mr. Craddock.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Miss Burgess.
8. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
(a) Knocked him into a river full of piranhas.
(b) Pushed him forward into the line of fire.
(c) Cheated on him.
(d) Spoiled his aim, resulting in the bullet to go astray.
9. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
10. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The opera.
(b) The river.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The tavern.
11. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
(a) Takes advantage.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Steals their money.
(d) Publicly humiliates them.
12. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
(a) With singing and playing the piano.
(b) With a theater performance.
(c) With a viewing of a knife.
(d) With hilarious jokes.
13. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
(a) Table and chairs.
(b) Clothing and jewelry.
(c) Paintings and vases.
(d) Rugs and two knickknacks.
14. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(b) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
(d) Her clothing and stockings.
15. Who does the widow claim fired a gun in self-defense?
(a) Professor Luxmore.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Otto van Shaitana.
(d) Maj. Despard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
2. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
3. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
4. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)