|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person that Poirot has not yet questioned by the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
2. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Janice Oliver.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
3. What does Poirot tell Battle they must do quickly?
(a) Steal the map.
(b) Round up the suspects.
(c) Close in on Anne.
(d) Find the fugitive.
4. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
(a) A spirit of warmth and candor.
(b) A mind capable of murder.
(c) A heart full of kindness.
(d) A mind capable of winning the lottery.
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
(a) A testimony.
(b) A pardon.
(c) A gift.
(d) A visit.
6. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
(a) Like a wallflower.
(b) Like a lover.
(c) Like a beggar.
(d) Like a thief.
7. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
(a) That Anne takes Maj. Despard's help faster than she does Mrs. Oliver's.
(b) That Anne has killed Shaitana.
(c) That Anne is plotting to kill Rhoda.
(d) That Anne is a thief and a scoundrel.
8. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) A woman of his past.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Miss Burgess.
9. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) That it never happened.
(b) That it was done out of respect.
(c) There was an eyewitness.
(d) That it was committed by an invalid.
10. What is the scary news that Poirot gets during breakfast?
(a) Major Despard was shot.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer committed suicide.
(c) Race died by drowning.
(d) Anne was killed.
11. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
(a) Impropriety with the patient's wife.
(b) Giving the patient the wrong medicine.
(c) Lying about his records.
(d) Stealing the patient's money.
12. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Ms. Dawes.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
13. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
(a) By running away with his wife.
(b) By throwing him a line.
(c) By shooting him in the leg.
(d) By ripping his shirt off.
14. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
(a) Rugs and two knickknacks.
(b) Table and chairs.
(c) Clothing and jewelry.
(d) Paintings and vases.
15. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Making poison.
(b) Killing Shaitana.
(c) Cheating at bridge.
(d) Killing the professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
2. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
3. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
4. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
5. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)