|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
(a) With hilarious jokes.
(b) With a viewing of a knife.
(c) With singing and playing the piano.
(d) With a theater performance.
2. Who does the widow claim fired a gun in self-defense?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Maj. Despard.
(c) Professor Luxmore.
(d) Otto van Shaitana.
3. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
(a) Angers him.
(b) Soothes him.
(c) Delights him.
(d) Confuses him.
4. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
(a) Ms. Dawes.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
5. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
6. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Burgess and Hastings.
(b) Despard and Anne.
(c) Oliver and Claudia.
(d) Despard and Rhoda.
7. Who is the only person that Poirot has not yet questioned by the end of Chapter 19?
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
8. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was actually Anne's mother.
(b) That she was killed in cold murder.
(c) That she was vicious and cruel.
(d) That she took poison and died.
9. Who does the parlor maid say that Dr. Roberts had an argument with?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Janice Oliver.
(c) Mr. Craddock.
(d) Col. Race.
10. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
(a) A pardon.
(b) A visit.
(c) A testimony.
(d) A gift.
11. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Run away quickly.
(b) Do her homework.
(c) Talk to Major Despard.
(d) Come clean about her past.
12. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Major Despard.
13. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Cheating at bridge.
(b) Killing Shaitana.
(c) Killing the professor.
(d) Making poison.
14. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The river.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The opera.
15. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
(a) That Anne is a thief and a scoundrel.
(b) That Anne has killed Shaitana.
(c) That Anne takes Maj. Despard's help faster than she does Mrs. Oliver's.
(d) That Anne is plotting to kill Rhoda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
2. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
3. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
4. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
5. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)