|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scary news that Poirot gets during breakfast?
(a) Anne was killed.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer committed suicide.
(c) Race died by drowning.
(d) Major Despard was shot.
2. Which sleuth does Rhoda visit in Chapter 17?
(a) Col. Race.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
3. Where does Battle go to look into the death of Anne's former employer?
(b) Isle of Dogs.
4. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) That it never happened.
(b) There was an eyewitness.
(c) That it was committed by an invalid.
(d) That it was done out of respect.
5. What is the name of the parlor maid?
(a) Elsie Batt.
(b) Anna Ward.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Janice Oliver.
6. What does Poirot tell Battle they must do quickly?
(a) Close in on Anne.
(b) Steal the map.
(c) Find the fugitive.
(d) Round up the suspects.
7. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
8. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(b) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Her clothing and stockings.
(d) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
9. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
10. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Burgess and Hastings.
(b) Oliver and Claudia.
(c) Despard and Anne.
(d) Despard and Rhoda.
11. What does Poirot buy after leaving the widow's residence?
(a) A gun.
(b) Lottery tickets.
(c) Malaria tablets.
12. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
(a) Like a lover.
(b) Like a wallflower.
(c) Like a beggar.
(d) Like a thief.
13. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
(a) Takes advantage.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Steals their money.
(d) Publicly humiliates them.
14. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
(a) Giving the patient the wrong medicine.
(b) Impropriety with the patient's wife.
(c) Stealing the patient's money.
(d) Lying about his records.
15. Who is assigned to go visit the widow of Maj. Despard's former employer?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Mrs. Lorrimer's confession have on Poirot?
2. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
3. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
4. What does Poirot ask Anne to help him choose for his family for gifts?
5. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)