|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Battle go to look into the death of Anne's former employer?
(c) Isle of Dogs.
2. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
(a) A big cut.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) Two bite marks.
(d) A slight bruise.
3. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Killing Shaitana.
(b) Making poison.
(c) Cheating at bridge.
(d) Killing the professor.
4. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
(a) Take him off-guard.
(b) Catch him.
(c) Defeat him.
(d) Trick him.
5. When Poirot talks to the staff, how many letters does he learn that Mrs. Lorrimer sent out?
6. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Takes advantage.
(c) Steals their money.
(d) Publicly humiliates them.
7. What is the name of the parlor maid?
(a) Elsie Batt.
(b) Anna Ward.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Janice Oliver.
8. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(b) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(c) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
(d) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
9. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
(a) Paintings and vases.
(b) Rugs and two knickknacks.
(c) Clothing and jewelry.
(d) Table and chairs.
10. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
11. Who visits Dr. Roberts before getting inoculations to go abroad?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Mr. Craddock.
(c) Mrs. Craddock.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
12. Whose mannerisms does Poirot adopt when he visits the widow?
(a) Mr. Shaitana.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
13. What does Poirot buy after leaving the widow's residence?
(b) Malaria tablets.
(c) Lottery tickets.
(d) A gun.
14. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
(a) They were kind and compassionate.
(b) They were meant for her alone.
(c) They incensed her.
(d) They were harsh and derogatory.
15. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
(a) By running away with his wife.
(b) By ripping his shirt off.
(c) By throwing him a line.
(d) By shooting him in the leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
2. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
3. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
4. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
5. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)