|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
(a) Spoiled his aim, resulting in the bullet to go astray.
(b) Knocked him into a river full of piranhas.
(c) Pushed him forward into the line of fire.
(d) Cheated on him.
2. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
(a) A spirit of warmth and candor.
(b) A heart full of kindness.
(c) A mind capable of winning the lottery.
(d) A mind capable of murder.
3. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
(a) Westminster Chapel.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Isle of Dogs.
(d) Scotland Yard.
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
(a) A rope.
(b) A pitcher.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A dagger.
5. When Poirot talks to the staff, how many letters does he learn that Mrs. Lorrimer sent out?
6. Who does Rhoda tease Anne about?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Mr. Battle.
(c) Maj. Despard.
(d) Miss Burgess.
7. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) Her clothing and stockings.
(b) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
(c) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
8. Who does the parlor maid say that Dr. Roberts had an argument with?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Janice Oliver.
(c) Mr. Craddock.
(d) Col. Race.
9. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Col. Race.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
10. What does Poirot hope to do by having an unexpected meeting with Maj. Despard?
(a) Catch him.
(b) Take him off-guard.
(c) Trick him.
(d) Defeat him.
11. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
(a) A testimony.
(b) A visit.
(c) A pardon.
(d) A gift.
12. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
(a) By running away with his wife.
(b) By shooting him in the leg.
(c) By throwing him a line.
(d) By ripping his shirt off.
13. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer trying to protect?
14. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
(a) Publicly humiliates them.
(b) Steals their money.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Takes advantage.
15. What is the scary news that Poirot gets during breakfast?
(a) Major Despard was shot.
(b) Anne was killed.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer committed suicide.
(d) Race died by drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
2. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
3. What is the name of Anne's former employer that died?
4. Who does the widow claim fired a gun in self-defense?
5. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)