Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
(b) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(c) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(d) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
2. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Anne Meredith.
3. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The river.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The opera.
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
(a) They incensed her.
(b) They were harsh and derogatory.
(c) They were kind and compassionate.
(d) They were meant for her alone.
5. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
(a) An apology and recrimination.
(b) A list of future victims.
(c) A description of where the jewels are kept.
(d) A confession and an apology.
6. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was vicious and cruel.
(b) That she took poison and died.
(c) That she was actually Anne's mother.
(d) That she was killed in cold murder.
7. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) That it was committed by an invalid.
(b) There was an eyewitness.
(c) That it never happened.
(d) That it was done out of respect.
8. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Westminster Chapel.
(d) Isle of Dogs.
9. What is the kind of bottle in question regarding the death of Anne's employer?
(a) Bohemian glass.
(b) Syrup of Figs.
(c) Indian blue glass.
(d) Peruvian cocoa.
10. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Publicly humiliates them.
(c) Steals their money.
(d) Takes advantage.
11. What is the name of the parlor maid?
(a) Anna Ward.
(b) Janice Oliver.
(c) Elsie Batt.
(d) Miss Burgess.
12. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A pitcher.
(d) A rope.
13. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Do her homework.
(b) Talk to Major Despard.
(c) Run away quickly.
(d) Come clean about her past.
14. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
(a) Stealing the patient's money.
(b) Lying about his records.
(c) Impropriety with the patient's wife.
(d) Giving the patient the wrong medicine.
15. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
(a) Janice Oliver.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Col. Race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot buy after leaving the widow's residence?
2. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
3. Where does Poirot rush to in Chapter 29?
4. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
5. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)