|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot tell Battle they must do quickly?
(a) Find the fugitive.
(b) Round up the suspects.
(c) Steal the map.
(d) Close in on Anne.
2. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
3. What is the shocking revelation about the murder that Poirot has in Chapters 26 and 27?
(a) There was an eyewitness.
(b) That it was done out of respect.
(c) That it was committed by an invalid.
(d) That it never happened.
4. What is the name of the parlor maid?
(a) Elsie Batt.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Anna Ward.
(d) Janice Oliver.
5. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The river.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The opera.
6. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
7. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Cheating at bridge.
(b) Making poison.
(c) Killing the professor.
(d) Killing Shaitana.
8. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
(a) That Anne is plotting to kill Rhoda.
(b) That Anne has killed Shaitana.
(c) That Anne takes Maj. Despard's help faster than she does Mrs. Oliver's.
(d) That Anne is a thief and a scoundrel.
9. What does Anne do that proves Poirot's theory?
(a) She steals stockings.
(b) She lies about her education.
(c) She fights her rapist.
(d) She lives in squalor.
10. What does Poirot ask Anne to help him choose for his family for gifts?
(b) Gold coins.
11. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
(a) A mind capable of murder.
(b) A mind capable of winning the lottery.
(c) A heart full of kindness.
(d) A spirit of warmth and candor.
12. Who is the sergeant that interrogates the parlor maid?
13. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
(a) A slight bruise.
(b) A big cut.
(c) Two bite marks.
(d) A tattoo.
14. Where does Battle go to look into the death of Anne's former employer?
(b) Isle of Dogs.
15. Whose mannerisms does Poirot adopt when he visits the widow?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Mr. Shaitana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
2. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
3. Who apparently killed Mr. Craddock?
4. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
5. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)