|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Major Despard say that the wife of his employer did that killed her husband?
(a) Pushed him forward into the line of fire.
(b) Cheated on him.
(c) Spoiled his aim, resulting in the bullet to go astray.
(d) Knocked him into a river full of piranhas.
2. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
(a) Rugs and two knickknacks.
(b) Table and chairs.
(c) Clothing and jewelry.
(d) Paintings and vases.
3. What does Poirot tell Battle they must do quickly?
(a) Find the fugitive.
(b) Steal the map.
(c) Close in on Anne.
(d) Round up the suspects.
4. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
(a) A mind capable of winning the lottery.
(b) A spirit of warmth and candor.
(c) A mind capable of murder.
(d) A heart full of kindness.
5. Whose mannerisms does Poirot adopt when he visits the widow?
(b) Mr. Shaitana.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
6. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pitcher.
(c) A rope.
(d) A dagger.
7. What was Dr. Roberts apparently guilty of that made his patient furious?
(a) Stealing the patient's money.
(b) Giving the patient the wrong medicine.
(c) Lying about his records.
(d) Impropriety with the patient's wife.
8. Who does Poirot work with to discuss investigative findings?
9. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
(a) That Anne takes Maj. Despard's help faster than she does Mrs. Oliver's.
(b) That Anne has killed Shaitana.
(c) That Anne is a thief and a scoundrel.
(d) That Anne is plotting to kill Rhoda.
10. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
(a) Forbidden love.
11. Where do Rhoda and Anne go in Chapter 17?
12. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
(a) Like a lover.
(b) Like a thief.
(c) Like a beggar.
(d) Like a wallflower.
13. Who discovers the dead body in Chapter 28?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Anne Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
14. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was vicious and cruel.
(b) That she was killed in cold murder.
(c) That she took poison and died.
(d) That she was actually Anne's mother.
15. What does Rhoda want Anne to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Run away quickly.
(b) Talk to Major Despard.
(c) Do her homework.
(d) Come clean about her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Poirot find out was visiting Mrs. Lorrimer prior to her death?
3. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
4. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
5. What is the name of Anne's former employer that died?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)