|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne go to have tea with in Chapter 18?
(a) Ms. Dawes.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
2. What does Poirot notice on Mrs. Lorrimer's arm?
(a) Two bite marks.
(b) A slight bruise.
(c) A big cut.
(d) A tattoo.
3. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
(a) Col. Race.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
4. Who does the widow claim fired a gun in self-defense?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Maj. Despard.
(c) Professor Luxmore.
(d) Otto van Shaitana.
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer say about Mr. Shaitana's words?
(a) They incensed her.
(b) They were meant for her alone.
(c) They were kind and compassionate.
(d) They were harsh and derogatory.
6. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(b) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Her clothing and stockings.
(d) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
7. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to?
(a) Cheating at bridge.
(b) Killing Shaitana.
(c) Killing the professor.
(d) Making poison.
8. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
(a) If she is caught in another crime.
(b) If she is forced to live in poverty.
(c) If she is hurt or raped.
(d) If she is forced to do something she does not like.
9. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
(a) An apology and recrimination.
(b) A confession and an apology.
(c) A description of where the jewels are kept.
(d) A list of future victims.
10. What is the story that the widow tells Poirot?
(d) Forbidden love.
11. Who tells Rhoda that Anne was not a good friend?
12. Where does Poirot rush to in Chapter 29?
(c) Isle of Dogs.
13. What does the sleuth say to Rhoda about Meredith that makes her yowl in protest?
(a) That Anne takes Maj. Despard's help faster than she does Mrs. Oliver's.
(b) That Anne is a thief and a scoundrel.
(c) That Anne has killed Shaitana.
(d) That Anne is plotting to kill Rhoda.
14. What mystery surrounds Major Despard's employer's death?
(a) Whether he was killed by natives or eaten by snakes.
(b) Whether he was shot or died of fever.
(c) Whether he died in battle or committed suicide.
(d) Whether he drowned or burned alive.
15. Who is romantically involved by the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Burgess and Hastings.
(b) Oliver and Claudia.
(c) Despard and Anne.
(d) Despard and Rhoda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lorrimer confess to picking up while playing dummy?
2. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
3. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
4. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer trying to protect?
5. What does Mrs. Lorrimer request from Poirot?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)