|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sleuths sort through in order to identify the murderer?
(a) Clues and evidence.
(b) Bottles and drinks.
(c) Wastepaper baskets.
(d) Dinner remains.
2. Where does Poirot meet Shaitana?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) An opera show.
(c) A bar.
(d) A snuff box exhibition.
3. What about Anne Meredith makes her an obvious target?
(a) Her willingness to argue and her nervous nature.
(b) Her youth and seeming lack of sophistication.
(c) Her poverty and her falsehoods.
(d) Her inability to keep a steady gaze and her fear.
4. Where did Mrs. Lorrimer meet Shaitana?
(a) In London.
(b) In Johannesburg.
(c) In Egypt.
(d) In Edinburgh.
5. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(b) The bridge game in progress.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(d) Miss Meredith snoring.
6. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(a) Drawing room.
7. Where was Miss Meredith born?
8. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
(a) Digging into their pasts.
(b) Torturing them.
(c) Wire-tapping their homes.
(d) Interrogating them till dawn.
9. Who does Mrs. Oliver immediately think is the murderer in Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Miss Meredith.
10. How does Dr. Roberts rate Miss Meredith as a card player?
11. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
(a) Maj. Despard.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Col. Race.
12. What does Shaitana say is his preferred method of murder?
(d) Shooting accident.
13. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
14. What does Hercule Poirot do for a living?
(a) He is retired.
(b) He is an opera guide.
(c) He is a policeman.
(d) He is a detective.
15. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Hercule Poirot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell us about Poirot?
2. What does Poirot express concern over?
3. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer think is a show-off?
4. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
5. What does Lorrimer do when she sees the stiletto?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)