|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Mr. Craddock.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
2. When Mrs. Lorrimer tells M. Poirot that she has no obligation to speak to him about Shaitana's murder, what does he say or do?
(a) He argues and demands an explanation.
(b) He refuses and gets very angry.
(c) He gracefully accepts and leaves.
(d) He begs and does not give up.
3. How does the second interview go?
(a) More quickly than the first.
(b) It is delayed.
(c) Ends abruptly.
(d) More slowly than the first.
4. What kind of a house does Mrs. Lorrimer inhabit?
(a) Big, comfortable, and messy.
(b) Dirty, small, and smelly.
(c) Small, tasteful, and well-kept.
(d) Large, ornate, and official.
5. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) Lack of.
(d) Old world.
6. Who are the four sleuths?
(a) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(b) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(c) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(d) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
7. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(a) Drawing room.
8. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
(a) A theater performance.
(b) A dance.
(c) A film event.
(d) A dinner party.
9. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
(a) His keys.
(b) His tape recorder.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His lens.
10. What do the sleuths sort through in order to identify the murderer?
(a) Wastepaper baskets.
(b) Dinner remains.
(c) Bottles and drinks.
(d) Clues and evidence.
11. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Miss Graves.
(b) Mrs. Craddock.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Miss Burgess.
12. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every person's conversation.
(b) Every person's clothing.
(c) Every card.
(d) Every object in the room.
13. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It requires a lot of knowledge.
(b) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
(c) It has not been revealed.
(d) It can only be understood by a murderer.
14. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
(a) A suspicious note.
(c) Bloody handkerchief.
15. Where was Miss Meredith born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
2. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
3. What about Anne Meredith makes her an obvious target?
4. What does Shaitana ridicule about Poirot?
5. Who does Mrs. Oliver immediately think is the murderer in Chapter 4?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)