|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Roberts rate Miss Meredith as a card player?
2. Who thought she was poisoned by her family, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Miss Graves.
(d) Miss Burgess.
3. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every card.
(b) Every object in the room.
(c) Every person's clothing.
(d) Every person's conversation.
4. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer think is a show-off?
5. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) To the perfection of her game.
(b) To the accuracy of her judgment.
(c) To the vividness of her previous memories.
(d) To the propensity for lying.
6. What does the author tell us about Poirot?
(a) He is overweight.
(b) He is ridiculous.
(c) He is slow.
(d) He is agile.
7. What about Anne Meredith makes her an obvious target?
(a) Her inability to keep a steady gaze and her fear.
(b) Her poverty and her falsehoods.
(c) Her youth and seeming lack of sophistication.
(d) Her willingness to argue and her nervous nature.
8. How does the second interview go?
(a) More quickly than the first.
(b) More slowly than the first.
(c) It is delayed.
(d) Ends abruptly.
9. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
(a) Contentious and difficult.
(b) Confusing and wishy-washy.
(c) Long and laborious.
(d) Quick and efficient.
10. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Miss Burgess.
(b) Miss Graves.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Craddock.
11. How many times does Lorrimer talk to Shaitana during the night of the murder?
12. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
13. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
(a) Shaitana and Poirot.
(b) Superintendent Battle and Hercule Poirot.
(c) Maj. Depard and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Mrs. Oliver and Col. Race.
14. Where do the four sleuths arrive in Chapter 2?
(a) Shaitana's theater hall.
(b) Shaitana's warehouse.
(c) Shaitana's restaurant.
(d) Shaitana's apartment.
15. What does Shaitana say is his preferred method of murder?
(b) Shooting accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
2. How long does it take after the body of the murdered victim in Chapter 3 is removed for the sleuths to begin investigating?
3. Who is the mystery writer in Chapter 8?
4. What does Poirot express concern over?
5. Who is seated by the fire?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)