|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
(a) A theater performance.
(b) A dance.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A film event.
2. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Maj. Despard.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
3. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to describe in minute detail to Poirot?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Rug design.
(c) Bridge game.
(d) Maj. Depard.
4. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From a blood-poisoning illness.
(b) From a suicide in his room.
(c) From drowning in the ocean.
(d) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
5. What does Shaitana ridicule about Poirot?
(a) His short stature.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His bald head.
(d) His profession.
6. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
(a) Murder suspects.
(b) Younger victims.
(c) Older victims.
7. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
(a) He agrees with it.
(b) He gets excited about it.
(c) He gets angry about it.
(d) He dismisses it.
8. Who asks Dr. Roberts how well he knew his host and his companions?
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Miss Meredith.
9. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Poirot is afraid of criminals.
(b) Poirot is a criminal himself.
(c) Poirot loves criminals.
(d) Poirot cannot catch criminals.
10. What does Poirot ask Mrs. Lorrimer to tell him about the night of the murder?
(a) How she is feeling that night.
(b) Conversation that she had with Col. Race.
(c) Furnishings in the room.
(d) The cards that she gave to Miss Meredith.
11. How does the second interview go?
(a) Ends abruptly.
(b) More quickly than the first.
(c) More slowly than the first.
(d) It is delayed.
12. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer partnered with?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Hercule Poirot.
(d) Miss Meredith.
13. Who does Miss Meredith indirectly point the finger at as a possible murderer?
(c) Dr. Roberts.
14. What does Shaitana say that doctors have?
(a) Plenty of money.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Special opportunities.
(d) Plenty of resources.
15. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought she was poisoned by her family, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
2. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
3. Where do the four sleuths arrive in Chapter 2?
4. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
5. How long does it take after the body of the murdered victim in Chapter 3 is removed for the sleuths to begin investigating?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)