|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seated by the fire?
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
2. Where is the Wessex House located?
3. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
4. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Hercule Poirot.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Miss Meredith.
5. What does Shaitana ridicule about Poirot?
(a) His profession.
(b) His short stature.
(c) His bald head.
(d) His mustache.
6. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
7. What does Poirot think about Mrs. Lorrimer's playing?
8. What does Hercule Poirot do for a living?
(a) He is an opera guide.
(b) He is retired.
(c) He is a detective.
(d) He is a policeman.
9. Who turns out to be dead by the end of Chapter 3?
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Major Despard.
10. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
(a) All the things people said.
(b) All the food everyone ate.
(c) All the objects in the room.
(d) All the cards everyone held.
11. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(b) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(c) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
12. What are the different methods of murder, according to Shaitana?
(a) Poison, a shooting accident, a doctor's opportunities, and a mere household accident.
(b) Fire, drowning, strangling, and doctor's opportunities.
(c) Doctor's opportunities, mere household accidents, strangling, and shooting.
(d) Strangling, drowning, accidental, and shooting.
13. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
(a) Question the suspects.
(b) Surround the house.
(c) Be on trial.
(d) Talk to the police.
14. What is Poirot's theory for identifying the suspect?
(a) Interrogate them till dawn.
(b) Deprive them of food and water.
(c) Psychological study.
(d) Lock them up.
15. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
(b) A suspicious note.
(c) Bloody handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
2. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
3. To whom is Anne a companion?
4. Who seems to have a lively and adventurous spirit and likes to talk to Colonel Race?
5. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)