|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
(a) Makes them uncomfortable.
(b) Makes them giddy.
(c) Makes them comfortable.
(d) Makes them sleepy.
2. What do they discover about Shaitana's set up for the evening?
(a) He was figuring out a way to eliminate his victims.
(b) He was putting up his collection of murderers on display.
(c) He was trying to engage Poirot in a heated debate.
(d) He was determined to set up his own death.
3. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
(a) Hercule Poirot.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Miss Meredith.
4. Who approaches Shaitana to say goodbye?
(a) Miss Meredith and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Superintendent Battle and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Race and Poirot.
(d) Major Despard and Miss Oliver.
5. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
6. What are the different methods of murder, according to Shaitana?
(a) Strangling, drowning, accidental, and shooting.
(b) Poison, a shooting accident, a doctor's opportunities, and a mere household accident.
(c) Fire, drowning, strangling, and doctor's opportunities.
(d) Doctor's opportunities, mere household accidents, strangling, and shooting.
7. How long does it take after the body of the murdered victim in Chapter 3 is removed for the sleuths to begin investigating?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
8. Based on Mr. Shaitana's comments at dinner, what does Poirot think the murderer's motivation was?
(b) Spur of the moment.
(c) Driven by lust.
(d) Long-sought revenge.
9. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every card.
(b) Every person's clothing.
(c) Every object in the room.
(d) Every person's conversation.
10. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Mr. Battle.
(c) Mr. Poirot.
(d) Mr. Shaitana.
11. Who is the mystery writer in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Shaitana.
(b) Mr. Poirot.
(c) Mr. Battle.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
12. How does the second interview go?
(a) Ends abruptly.
(b) More quickly than the first.
(c) More slowly than the first.
(d) It is delayed.
13. Who does Despard think is a good player?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
14. Who are the four sleuths?
(a) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(b) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(c) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(d) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
15. What is Poirot making an indirect reference to by mentioning Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) A lie she gave.
(b) An event in her past.
(c) A game she lost.
(d) A lover she had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to describe in minute detail to Poirot?
2. Who does Poirot question in the same style as he did with Mrs. Lorrimer?
3. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
4. How does Poirot intend on getting a psychological profile on murder suspects?
5. Who does Lorrimer think is a good player?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)