|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the four sleuths arrive in Chapter 2?
(a) Shaitana's apartment.
(b) Shaitana's restaurant.
(c) Shaitana's theater hall.
(d) Shaitana's warehouse.
2. When Mrs. Lorrimer tells M. Poirot that she has no obligation to speak to him about Shaitana's murder, what does he say or do?
(a) He refuses and gets very angry.
(b) He argues and demands an explanation.
(c) He gracefully accepts and leaves.
(d) He begs and does not give up.
3. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
4. Where does Poirot meet Shaitana?
(a) A bar.
(b) An opera show.
(c) A snuff box exhibition.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
(d) Gold coins.
6. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
(a) Flowers and Oriental pictures.
(b) Paintings and vases.
(c) Tables and chairs.
(d) Rugs and couches.
7. Who does Poirot question in the same style as he did with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Maj. Depard.
(d) Miss Meredith.
8. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer think is a show-off?
9. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
10. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(b) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(c) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(d) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
11. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
(b) Why he does not lock them up.
(c) Why he does not get a search warrant.
(d) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
12. How long does it take after the body of the murdered victim in Chapter 3 is removed for the sleuths to begin investigating?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Five hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
13. What does Shaitana say is his preferred method of murder?
(b) Shooting accident.
14. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to describe in minute detail to Poirot?
(a) Maj. Depard.
(b) Rug design.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Bridge game.
15. Where did Miss Meredith meet Shaitana?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Craddock die?
2. What does the author tell us about Poirot?
3. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
4. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
5. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)