|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Lorrimer talk to Shaitana during the night of the murder?
2. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(a) Drawing room.
3. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He was trying to scare them into confession.
(b) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
(c) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
(d) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
4. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer think is a show-off?
5. What does Shaitana discuss with his dinner guests about sleeping sickness?
(d) His own suffering.
6. How many times did Dr. Roberts leave his table on the night of the murder?
7. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
8. Who seems to have a lively and adventurous spirit and likes to talk to Colonel Race?
(a) Anne Meredith.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
9. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
(a) His keys.
(b) His lens.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His tape recorder.
10. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
(a) Digging into their pasts.
(b) Torturing them.
(c) Interrogating them till dawn.
(d) Wire-tapping their homes.
11. Where did Mrs. Lorrimer meet Shaitana?
(a) In Egypt.
(b) In Edinburgh.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In London.
12. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
(a) He dismisses it.
(b) He gets excited about it.
(c) He agrees with it.
(d) He gets angry about it.
13. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
(b) Gold coins.
14. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
(b) It requires a lot of knowledge.
(c) It has not been revealed.
(d) It can only be understood by a murderer.
15. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
(a) A film event.
(b) A theater performance.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shaitana go and sit after everyone is paired up?
2. What about Anne Meredith makes her an obvious target?
3. Who does Lorrimer think is a cautious player?
4. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
5. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)