|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns out to be dead by the end of Chapter 3?
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Major Despard.
2. Who does Lorrimer think is a good player?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Ariadne Oliver.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
3. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Mrs. Ariadne Oliver.
(d) Colonel Race.
4. What are the different methods of murder, according to Shaitana?
(a) Doctor's opportunities, mere household accidents, strangling, and shooting.
(b) Fire, drowning, strangling, and doctor's opportunities.
(c) Strangling, drowning, accidental, and shooting.
(d) Poison, a shooting accident, a doctor's opportunities, and a mere household accident.
5. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) The bridge game in progress.
(b) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(d) Miss Meredith snoring.
6. Who does Dr. Roberts admit to knowing prior to attending Shaitana's event?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
7. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to describe in minute detail to Poirot?
(a) Maj. Depard.
(b) Bridge game.
(c) Rug design.
(d) Her clothing.
8. What is Poirot making an indirect reference to by mentioning Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) An event in her past.
(b) A lie she gave.
(c) A game she lost.
(d) A lover she had.
9. Where was Miss Meredith born?
10. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From a suicide in his room.
(b) From a blood-poisoning illness.
(c) From drowning in the ocean.
(d) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
11. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
(a) Quick and efficient.
(b) Contentious and difficult.
(c) Confusing and wishy-washy.
(d) Long and laborious.
12. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
13. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
(b) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
(c) He was trying to scare them into confession.
(d) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
14. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
(a) Crime scene notes.
(b) Interviewing suspects.
(c) Boudoir selections.
(d) Investigative techniques.
15. What does Poirot think about Major Despard's playing?
(a) He is demanding and controlling.
(b) He is wishy-washy.
(c) He is afraid of losing.
(d) He likes an immediate picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Dr. Roberts leave his table on the night of the murder?
2. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
3. What comparison does Poirot make with Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
4. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
5. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)