|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every card.
(b) Every person's clothing.
(c) Every person's conversation.
(d) Every object in the room.
2. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
(b) It requires a lot of knowledge.
(c) It can only be understood by a murderer.
(d) It has not been revealed.
3. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Maj. Despard.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Superintendent Battle.
4. Who seems to have a lively and adventurous spirit and likes to talk to Colonel Race?
(a) Anne Meredith.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Major Despard.
5. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to describe in minute detail to Poirot?
(a) Rug design.
(b) Maj. Depard.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Bridge game.
6. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Mr. Battle.
(c) Mr. Poirot.
(d) Mr. Shaitana.
7. What does the doctor give to the sleuth while leaving on his rounds?
(a) His tape recorder.
(b) His lens.
(c) His keys.
(d) His wallet.
8. What does Lorrimer do when she sees the stiletto?
(a) Screams in delight.
(b) Views dispassionately.
(c) Cries passionately.
(d) Becomes fearful.
9. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Mrs. Craddock.
(b) Miss Graves.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
10. Where does Shaitana go and sit after everyone is paired up?
(a) By the bar.
(b) By the fire.
(c) By the black box.
(d) By the bridge table.
11. What do they discover about Shaitana's set up for the evening?
(a) He was figuring out a way to eliminate his victims.
(b) He was trying to engage Poirot in a heated debate.
(c) He was determined to set up his own death.
(d) He was putting up his collection of murderers on display.
12. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
(a) Investigative techniques.
(b) Crime scene notes.
(c) Boudoir selections.
(d) Interviewing suspects.
13. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(b) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(c) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
14. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They are fat and chubby.
(b) They have knots from arthritis.
(c) They are long and tapered.
(d) They shook.
15. Who are the four sleuths?
(a) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(b) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(c) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(d) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
2. What does Poirot say about Shaitana's plan?
3. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
4. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
5. What does Poirot think about Major Despard's playing?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)