|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Superintendent Battle.
2. What is Poirot's theory for identifying the suspect?
(a) Deprive them of food and water.
(b) Lock them up.
(c) Interrogate them till dawn.
(d) Psychological study.
3. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Maj. Despard.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
4. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
5. What kind of a house does Mrs. Lorrimer inhabit?
(a) Big, comfortable, and messy.
(b) Large, ornate, and official.
(c) Dirty, small, and smelly.
(d) Small, tasteful, and well-kept.
6. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They are long and tapered.
(b) They are fat and chubby.
(c) They shook.
(d) They have knots from arthritis.
7. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
(b) It has not been revealed.
(c) It requires a lot of knowledge.
(d) It can only be understood by a murderer.
8. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(a) Drawing room.
9. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
(a) Steal and fight.
(b) Smoke and laugh a lot.
(c) Belch and fart.
(d) Poke the fire and get drinks.
10. Where was Miss Meredith born?
11. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
(a) Hercule Poirot.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Major Despard.
12. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every object in the room.
(b) Every card.
(c) Every person's clothing.
(d) Every person's conversation.
13. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Poirot cannot catch criminals.
(b) Poirot is a criminal himself.
(c) Poirot is afraid of criminals.
(d) Poirot loves criminals.
14. What are the different methods of murder, according to Shaitana?
(a) Strangling, drowning, accidental, and shooting.
(b) Doctor's opportunities, mere household accidents, strangling, and shooting.
(c) Poison, a shooting accident, a doctor's opportunities, and a mere household accident.
(d) Fire, drowning, strangling, and doctor's opportunities.
15. Who is the second person that Superintendent Battle calls for?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Col. Race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
2. How did Mr. Craddock die?
3. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
4. Who is Dr. Roberts' secretary?
5. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)