|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
2. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Anne Meredith.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
3. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
4. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
(a) A suspicious note.
(b) Bloody handkerchief.
5. How does Poirot intend on getting a psychological profile on murder suspects?
(a) By putting them in the same scenarios unknowingly.
(b) By evaluating how they kept score and how they remember the game.
(c) By calling them up unexpectedly and asking them rapid questions.
(d) By placing temptations in front of them and watching their responses.
6. How does Dr. Roberts rate Miss Meredith as a card player?
7. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From a blood-poisoning illness.
(b) From a suicide in his room.
(c) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
(d) From drowning in the ocean.
8. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
9. What does Hercule Poirot do for a living?
(a) He is an opera guide.
(b) He is a detective.
(c) He is a policeman.
(d) He is retired.
10. Whose testimony does Mrs. Lorrimer confirm?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(d) Col. Race.
11. What does Poirot ask Mrs. Lorrimer to tell him about the night of the murder?
(a) Furnishings in the room.
(b) How she is feeling that night.
(c) The cards that she gave to Miss Meredith.
(d) Conversation that she had with Col. Race.
12. In the room where Mrs. Oliver is seated, whom is she partnered with?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Major Despard.
(c) Colonel Race.
(d) Hercule Poirot.
13. To whom is Anne a companion?
(a) Rhoda Dawes.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer.
14. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
(a) Belch and fart.
(b) Steal and fight.
(c) Poke the fire and get drinks.
(d) Smoke and laugh a lot.
15. What is Poirot making an indirect reference to by mentioning Mrs. Lorrimer's memory?
(a) A game she lost.
(b) A lie she gave.
(c) An event in her past.
(d) A lover she had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sleuths sort through in order to identify the murderer?
2. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
3. What is the mystery writer prone to do with facts?
4. What are the different methods of murder, according to Shaitana?
5. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)