|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of manners does Poirot reveal to Mrs. Lorrimer?
(c) Old world.
(d) Lack of.
2. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
3. Where was Miss Meredith born?
4. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
(a) Poke the fire and get drinks.
(b) Smoke and laugh a lot.
(c) Steal and fight.
(d) Belch and fart.
5. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
(a) Mrs. Ariadne Oliver.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Colonel Race.
6. Who does Mrs. Lorrimer talk to about wood fires during the night of the murder?
7. What does the sleuth find in Dr. Roberts' files?
(a) Bloody handkerchief.
(d) A suspicious note.
8. Who does Poirot question in the same style as he did with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Dr. Roberts.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Maj. Depard.
9. How does Poirot think Shaitana sealed his fate?
(a) By challenging the murderer to a duel.
(b) By making fun of the murderer.
(c) By talking about murder options.
(d) By saying he wanted to die.
10. Who is lovely, genteel, and elderly in Chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Mrs. Ariadne Oliver.
(c) Agatha Christie.
(d) Anne Meredith.
11. What does Poirot think about Mrs. Lorrimer's playing?
12. What does Poirot express concern over?
(a) The date of the event.
(b) Shaitana's guests.
(c) The location of the event.
(d) The cost of the event.
13. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
(a) Tables and chairs.
(b) Flowers and Oriental pictures.
(c) Rugs and couches.
(d) Paintings and vases.
14. Who does Shaitana say he will invite to his event?
(a) Prostitutes and hoodlums.
(b) Singers and dancers.
(c) Murderers and detectives.
(d) Thieves and brothel owners.
15. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
(a) All the objects in the room.
(b) All the things people said.
(c) All the cards everyone held.
(d) All the food everyone ate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
2. Where is the Wessex House located?
3. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
4. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
5. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)