|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
(a) Older victims.
(c) Murder suspects.
(d) Younger victims.
2. Who approaches Shaitana to say goodbye?
(a) Major Despard and Miss Oliver.
(b) Superintendent Battle and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Race and Poirot.
(d) Miss Meredith and Mrs. Lorrimer.
3. By Chapter 8, how many people has the murderer killed, according to the sleuths?
4. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
5. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
(a) Question the suspects.
(b) Surround the house.
(c) Be on trial.
(d) Talk to the police.
6. Who is lovely, genteel, and elderly in Chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Ariadne Oliver.
(b) Anne Meredith.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Agatha Christie.
7. What is Poirot's theory for identifying the suspect?
(a) Deprive them of food and water.
(b) Psychological study.
(c) Interrogate them till dawn.
(d) Lock them up.
8. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
(a) Maj. Despard.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
(d) Superintendent Battle.
9. How does Dr. Roberts rate himself as a card player?
10. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
(a) He dismisses it.
(b) He gets excited about it.
(c) He agrees with it.
(d) He gets angry about it.
11. What does Poirot think about Major Despard's playing?
(a) He is afraid of losing.
(b) He is demanding and controlling.
(c) He likes an immediate picture.
(d) He is wishy-washy.
12. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
(b) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
(c) Why he does not lock them up.
(d) Why he does not get a search warrant.
13. What do the four sleuths decide they must appear to be investigating, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Motive for the death of a patient.
(b) Shaitana's murder.
(c) Crime scene investigations approved by the police.
(d) Psychological motives for all suspects.
14. How does the second interview go?
(a) It is delayed.
(b) More quickly than the first.
(c) Ends abruptly.
(d) More slowly than the first.
15. What do the men do during the bridge game that is different from the women?
(a) Steal and fight.
(b) Poke the fire and get drinks.
(c) Smoke and laugh a lot.
(d) Belch and fart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shaitana discuss with his dinner guests about sleeping sickness?
2. Who asks Dr. Roberts how well he knew his host and his companions?
3. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
4. Where did Miss Meredith meet Shaitana?
5. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)