Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
(a) Question the suspects.
(b) Surround the house.
(c) Be on trial.
(d) Talk to the police.
2. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They have knots from arthritis.
(b) They are long and tapered.
(c) They are fat and chubby.
(d) They shook.
3. Who is the first sleuth to visit Anne and her employer?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Superintendent Battle.
(c) Col. Race.
(d) Maj. Despard.
4. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
5. What effect do Poirot's manners have on Mrs. Lorrimer?
6. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Hercule Poirot.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Miss Meredith.
7. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
(a) All the objects in the room.
(b) All the things people said.
(c) All the cards everyone held.
(d) All the food everyone ate.
8. What do they discover about Shaitana's set up for the evening?
(a) He was trying to engage Poirot in a heated debate.
(b) He was putting up his collection of murderers on display.
(c) He was determined to set up his own death.
(d) He was figuring out a way to eliminate his victims.
9. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
10. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
(a) He dismisses it.
(b) He gets excited about it.
(c) He gets angry about it.
(d) He agrees with it.
11. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
(a) Mrs. Ariadne Oliver.
(b) Colonel Race.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Major Despard.
12. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From a suicide in his room.
(b) From drowning in the ocean.
(c) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
(d) From a blood-poisoning illness.
13. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every person's conversation.
(b) Every object in the room.
(c) Every person's clothing.
(d) Every card.
14. What does Shaitana discuss with his dinner guests about sleeping sickness?
(b) His own suffering.
15. What does Shaitana say that doctors have?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Special opportunities.
(c) Plenty of resources.
(d) Plenty of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Lorrimer talk to Shaitana during the night of the murder?
2. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer partnered with?
3. Who turns out to be dead by the end of Chapter 3?
4. What did the doctor notice about Mrs. Lorrimer while playing bridge?
5. Who does Poirot question in the same style as he did with Mrs. Lorrimer?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)