|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poirot question in the same style as he did with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Maj. Depard.
(c) Dr. Roberts.
(d) Miss Meredith.
2. What do each of the four sleuths reveal a preference for in Chapter 8?
(a) Investigative techniques.
(b) Boudoir selections.
(c) Interviewing suspects.
(d) Crime scene notes.
3. Who does the first sleuth tell that Anne and her employer are guilty of the murder?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Col. Race.
(c) Maj. Despard.
4. Who does Shaitana say he will invite to his event?
(a) Singers and dancers.
(b) Thieves and brothel owners.
(c) Prostitutes and hoodlums.
(d) Murderers and detectives.
5. How does Poirot think Shaitana sealed his fate?
(a) By talking about murder options.
(b) By making fun of the murderer.
(c) By saying he wanted to die.
(d) By challenging the murderer to a duel.
6. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
7. By Chapter 8, how many people has the murderer killed, according to the sleuths?
8. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
(b) Why he does not lock them up.
(c) Why he does not get a search warrant.
(d) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
9. How does Dr. Roberts rate Miss Meredith as a card player?
10. Where do the four sleuths arrive in Chapter 2?
(a) Shaitana's theater hall.
(b) Shaitana's apartment.
(c) Shaitana's warehouse.
(d) Shaitana's restaurant.
11. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
(a) Torturing them.
(b) Digging into their pasts.
(c) Interrogating them till dawn.
(d) Wire-tapping their homes.
12. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(a) Drawing room.
13. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
(b) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(c) The bridge game in progress.
(d) Miss Meredith snoring.
14. How does Poirot intend on getting a psychological profile on murder suspects?
(a) By evaluating how they kept score and how they remember the game.
(b) By calling them up unexpectedly and asking them rapid questions.
(c) By putting them in the same scenarios unknowingly.
(d) By placing temptations in front of them and watching their responses.
15. How did Mr. Craddock die?
(a) From an anthrax-infected shaving brush.
(b) From a blood-poisoning illness.
(c) From drowning in the ocean.
(d) From a suicide in his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
2. How does Dr. Roberts respond to questions about his personal life and practice?
3. What does Shaitana ridicule about Poirot?
4. Who asks Dr. Roberts how well he knew his host and his companions?
5. Who is the mystery writer in Chapter 8?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)