|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every card.
(b) Every object in the room.
(c) Every person's clothing.
(d) Every person's conversation.
2. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
(b) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
(c) Why he does not get a search warrant.
(d) Why he does not lock them up.
3. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer trying to protect?
4. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
(b) It can only be understood by a murderer.
(c) It has not been revealed.
(d) It requires a lot of knowledge.
5. Who thought she was poisoned by her family, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Miss Graves.
(c) Miss Burgess.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mrs. Oliver that in real life they must approach the process differently instead of going on instinct?
2. What do the four sleuths agree to do together to solve the murder?
3. How does Poirot think Meredith could be capable of murder?
4. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
5. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)