|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the different methods of murder, according to Shaitana?
(a) Fire, drowning, strangling, and doctor's opportunities.
(b) Strangling, drowning, accidental, and shooting.
(c) Poison, a shooting accident, a doctor's opportunities, and a mere household accident.
(d) Doctor's opportunities, mere household accidents, strangling, and shooting.
2. Who is Dr. Roberts paired with?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Hercule Poirot.
(d) Colonel Race.
3. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) Her clothing and stockings.
(b) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(c) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
4. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
(a) Mr. Battle.
(b) Mr. Shaitana.
(c) Mr. Poirot.
(d) Mrs. Oliver.
5. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
(b) He was trying to scare them into confession.
(c) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
(d) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne suggest going to in Chapter 29 while they wait?
2. What does Poirot tell Battle they must do quickly?
3. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
4. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
5. Who is Dr. Roberts' secretary?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)