|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rhoda tease Anne about?
(a) Mr. Battle.
(b) Mrs. Oliver.
(c) Maj. Despard.
(d) Miss Burgess.
2. What does Rhoda tell the sleuth about Anne's former employer?
(a) That she was vicious and cruel.
(b) That she was actually Anne's mother.
(c) That she took poison and died.
(d) That she was killed in cold murder.
3. How does Major Despard claim to have saved his employer from drowning?
(a) By ripping his shirt off.
(b) By throwing him a line.
(c) By running away with his wife.
(d) By shooting him in the leg.
4. What does the note about the deceased in Chapter 28 apparently say?
(a) A description of where the jewels are kept.
(b) An apology and recrimination.
(c) A confession and an apology.
(d) A list of future victims.
5. What is Mrs. Lorrimer able to remember very accurately from the night of the murder?
(a) Every person's conversation.
(b) Every card.
(c) Every object in the room.
(d) Every person's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the four sleuths?
2. How does Poirot entertain Rhoda?
3. What objects does Mrs. Lorrimer describe to Poirot?
4. Who are the four suspects?
5. Who was Major Despard hired to accompany to the Amazon jungle?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)