|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Major Despard hired to accompany to the Amazon jungle?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Professor Luxmore.
(d) Anne Meredith.
2. What is different about the reference that Poirot makes compared to the conversation he is having with Mrs. Lorrimer?
(a) It requires a lot of knowledge.
(b) It can only be understood by a murderer.
(c) It has not been revealed.
(d) It is so subtle that it escapes detection.
3. Where do the four sleuths meet to put their clues together?
(a) Westminster Chapel.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) Isle of Dogs.
(d) Notre Dame.
4. What kind of a house does Mrs. Lorrimer inhabit?
(a) Big, comfortable, and messy.
(b) Small, tasteful, and well-kept.
(c) Large, ornate, and official.
(d) Dirty, small, and smelly.
5. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
(b) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
(c) He was trying to scare them into confession.
(d) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
2. How does Poirot intend on getting a psychological profile on murder suspects?
3. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
4. Where does Poirot have a meeting with Maj. Despard?
5. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)