|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a "man-hungry" female, according to Dr. Roberts' secretary?
(a) Mrs. Oliver.
(b) Miss Burgess.
(c) Miss Graves.
(d) Mrs. Craddock.
2. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he does not lock them up.
(b) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
(c) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
(d) Why he does not get a search warrant.
3. Who has information about Major Despard concerning an event in his past?
(a) Col. Race.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Mrs. Oliver.
4. What do the four sleuths decide they must appear to be investigating, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Shaitana's murder.
(b) Motive for the death of a patient.
(c) Psychological motives for all suspects.
(d) Crime scene investigations approved by the police.
5. What does Poirot compliment Mrs. Lorrimer with?
(a) A mind capable of murder.
(b) A spirit of warmth and candor.
(c) A heart full of kindness.
(d) A mind capable of winning the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne feel around Rhoda?
2. Who is seated by the fire?
3. Whose testimony does Mrs. Lorrimer confirm?
4. Who does Poirot question in the same style as he did with Mrs. Lorrimer?
5. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)