|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Poirot's theory for identifying the suspect?
(a) Psychological study.
(b) Interrogate them till dawn.
(c) Deprive them of food and water.
(d) Lock them up.
2. Who has to leave a little after midnight to go home?
(a) Major Despard.
(b) Hercule Poirot.
(c) Miss Meredith.
(d) Colonel Race.
3. What does Poirot think about Dr. Robert's playing?
4. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
(a) All the cards everyone held.
(b) All the food everyone ate.
(c) All the things people said.
(d) All the objects in the room.
5. What do the four sleuths decide they must appear to be investigating, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Shaitana's murder.
(b) Motive for the death of a patient.
(c) Crime scene investigations approved by the police.
(d) Psychological motives for all suspects.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Lorrimer tells M. Poirot that she has no obligation to speak to him about Shaitana's murder, what does he say or do?
2. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
3. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
4. How do Shaitana's remarks affect some of his guests?
5. Who asks Dr. Roberts how well he knew his host and his companions?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)