|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the four sleuths decide they must appear to be investigating, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Motive for the death of a patient.
(b) Crime scene investigations approved by the police.
(c) Shaitana's murder.
(d) Psychological motives for all suspects.
2. What is Poirot's theory for identifying the suspect?
(a) Lock them up.
(b) Deprive them of food and water.
(c) Psychological study.
(d) Interrogate them till dawn.
3. Where did Mrs. Lorrimer meet Shaitana?
(a) In Edinburgh.
(b) In Johannesburg.
(c) In London.
(d) In Egypt.
4. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(b) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(c) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
5. By Chapter 8, how many people has the murderer killed, according to the sleuths?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
2. What does Poirot think about Mrs. Lorrimer's playing?
3. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
4. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
5. Who is assigned to go visit the widow of Maj. Despard's former employer?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)