|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sleuths sort through in order to identify the murderer?
(a) Clues and evidence.
(b) Wastepaper baskets.
(c) Bottles and drinks.
(d) Dinner remains.
2. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
(b) Why he does not lock them up.
(c) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
(d) Why he does not get a search warrant.
3. How can vital clues be found from suspects, according to Poirot?
(a) Torturing them.
(b) Interrogating them till dawn.
(c) Wire-tapping their homes.
(d) Digging into their pasts.
4. Who does Miss Meredith indirectly point the finger at as a possible murderer?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
5. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
(a) Colonel Race.
(b) Anne Meredith.
(c) Major Despard.
(d) Dr. Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot prohibit the mystery writer from investigating the crime?
2. How is Despard's interview different from that of other suspects?
3. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
4. What does Poirot think about Miss Meredith's playing?
5. What surprising knowledge does the doctor have about the bridge game that only he possesses?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)