|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Shaitana invite the four suspects?
(a) He thought they had all committed a murder in their past.
(b) He was hoping to see Poirot at work.
(c) He wanted to fool them into making a mistake.
(d) He was trying to scare them into confession.
2. What did the doctor notice about Miss Meredith's hands while playing bridge?
(a) They are fat and chubby.
(b) They shook.
(c) They are long and tapered.
(d) They have knots from arthritis.
3. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(b) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(c) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
4. Who visits Dr. Roberts in Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Oliver and Col. Race.
(b) Shaitana and Poirot.
(c) Maj. Depard and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Superintendent Battle and Hercule Poirot.
5. Who does Despard think is a good player?
(a) Dr. Roberts.
(b) Miss Meredith.
(c) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Col. Race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
2. What does Poirot think about Dr. Robert's playing?
3. What does Poirot express concern over?
4. What do the sleuths lack when they ask to search through the doctor's files?
5. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)