|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Poirot is afraid of criminals.
(b) Poirot loves criminals.
(c) Poirot cannot catch criminals.
(d) Poirot is a criminal himself.
2. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(b) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(c) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
3. What do the sleuths sort through in order to identify the murderer?
(a) Dinner remains.
(b) Clues and evidence.
(c) Bottles and drinks.
(d) Wastepaper baskets.
4. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
(a) Miss Meredith snoring.
(b) The bridge game in progress.
(c) Shaitana fighting with Major Despard.
(d) Mrs. Lorrimer sewing.
5. Who does Dr. Roberts admit to knowing prior to attending Shaitana's event?
(a) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(c) Miss Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to be dead by the end of Chapter 3?
2. Where does Shaitana go and sit after everyone is paired up?
3. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
4. How many times does Lorrimer talk to Shaitana during the night of the murder?
5. Whose testimony does Mrs. Lorrimer confirm?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)