|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaitana invite Poirot to attend?
(a) A theater performance.
(b) A dance.
(c) A film event.
(d) A dinner party.
2. Who are the four sleuths?
(a) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(b) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(c) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
3. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Poirot loves criminals.
(b) Poirot is afraid of criminals.
(c) Poirot cannot catch criminals.
(d) Poirot is a criminal himself.
4. What does Poirot say about Shaitana's plan?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is stupid.
(d) It is expensive.
5. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
(d) Drawing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the four sleuths enter the other room to say goodnight, what do they see?
2. What does Poirot express concern over?
3. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
4. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
5. Who seems to have a lively and adventurous spirit and likes to talk to Colonel Race?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)