|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the four suspects?
(a) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(b) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(c) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
(d) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
2. What does Hercule Poirot do for a living?
(a) He is an opera guide.
(b) He is a detective.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He is a policeman.
3. What does Poirot say about Shaitana's plan?
(a) It is expensive.
(b) It is stupid.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is dangerous.
4. Who does Shaitana cleverly arrange at the table?
(a) Murder suspects.
(c) Younger victims.
(d) Older victims.
5. What does Shaitana claim to collect?
(b) Gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
2. Who is Mrs. Lorrimer partnered with?
3. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
4. Who appears to be very shy and retiring in Chapter 2?
5. Who is cheerful and ebullient in nature, and seems an unlikely murder suspect?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)