|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shaitana respond to Poirot's opinion of his plan?
(a) He gets excited about it.
(b) He agrees with it.
(c) He gets angry about it.
(d) He dismisses it.
2. What does Poirot say about Shaitana's plan?
(a) It is expensive.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is stupid.
3. Who are the four sleuths?
(a) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Major Despard.
(b) Dr. Roberts, Major Despard, Mrs. Lorrimer, and Anne Meredith.
(c) Major Despard, Mr. Shaitana, Anne Meredith, and Dr. Roberts.
(d) Hercule Poirot, Mrs. Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Battle, and Colonel Race.
4. Who approaches Shaitana to say goodbye?
(a) Superintendent Battle and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(b) Race and Poirot.
(c) Miss Meredith and Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Major Despard and Miss Oliver.
5. Who is seated by the fire?
(a) Miss Meredith.
(b) Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Major Despard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author leave the reader feeling about Poirot and criminals by the end of Chapter 1?
2. What does Shaitana call a woman's weapon?
3. What does Shaitana discuss with his dinner guests about sleeping sickness?
4. Where does Shaitana lead his guests after dinner?
5. Where does Poirot meet Shaitana?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)