|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maj. Despard able to recall about the objects in the room during the night of the murder?
(a) Paintings and vases.
(b) Rugs and two knickknacks.
(c) Table and chairs.
(d) Clothing and jewelry.
2. What emotion did Shaitana invoke in Miss Meredith when he first met her?
3. What does Anne recall from the night of the murder?
(a) The cabinet of Egyptian jewelry and a vase of ﬂowers.
(b) The conversation between Major Despard and Col. Race.
(c) The makeup of Mrs. Lorrimer.
(d) Her clothing and stockings.
4. Who is solicitous and gentle when questioning Miss Meredith?
5. What does Superintendent Battle ask Poirot after the second interview?
(a) Why he asks people about the bridge game.
(b) Why he does not get a search warrant.
(c) Why he does not lock them up.
(d) Why he does not take their fingerprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Maj. Despard appear to have intense disdain for?
2. What does Shaitana do to women after learning their secrets?
3. What does Poirot think about Dr. Robert's playing?
4. Who does Miss Meredith indirectly point the finger at as a possible murderer?
5. Who does Poirot think that Maj. Despard is referring to as being spiritually blackmailed?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)