Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Hercule Poirot meets Mr. Shaitana at a snuff box exhibition at Wessex House in London.
* Mr. Shaitana immediately ridicules Poirot's profession as a private detective.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Mr. Shaitana invites Poirot to a dinner party.
* He claims to collect murderers, and his dinner party will have both murderers and detectives.
* Poirot expresses concern that...
This section contains 4,789 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)