|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
2. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
3. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
4. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
5. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this novel. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title--CARAMELO. Why did Cisneros choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Is there another title you can suggest that might be more appropriate?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Inocencio. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Inocencio?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)