|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
2. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
3. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
4. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
5. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall ethnic culture for the book. What influences does ethnicity have on Cisneros' novel? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues reflected in the work?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Celaya's life. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)