|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
2. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
3. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
4. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
5. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the book related to Hispanic culture. Identify at least two themes in the novel and then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Celaya. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Celaya?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)