Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
2. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
3. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
4. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
5. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the book related to Hispanic culture. Identify at least two themes in the novel and then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Soledad. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Soledad?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)