Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
2. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
3. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
4. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
5. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
Essay Topic 1
The author is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Cisneros' use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 3
Cisneros is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)