|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
(d) Ninth grade.
2. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Take an etiquette class.
(b) Buy some makeup.
(c) Keep her virginity.
(d) Get regular manicures.
3. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
4. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
5. What is Narciso's father's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
2. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
3. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
4. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
5. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
2. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
3. What does Celaya learn about herself as a freshman, and who is the friend who takes her under her wing?
4. What role does storytelling play in the family's life?
5. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
6. What secret about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya when Inocencio is in the hospital after a heart attack?
7. What is Zoila's view on her fate as a woman, and how does she perceive her daughter?
8. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
9. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
10. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)