|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They offer to adopt the baby.
(b) They put her out of the house.
(c) They pay for an abortion.
(d) They ignore her.
2. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
(a) A congenital disease.
(b) A surgical mistake.
(c) It was diseased.
(d) In battle.
3. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
4. To what city does the family move?
(b) Des Moines.
(d) San Antonio.
5. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
2. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
3. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
4. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
5. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
2. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
3. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
4. What is Zoila's view on her fate as a woman, and how does she perceive her daughter?
5. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
6. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
7. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
8. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
9. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
10. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)