|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(c) Uncle Fat-Face.
(d) Uncle Diego.
2. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(c) Fr. Gomez.
3. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A rock.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A pan.
4. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) His mother.
(b) A city.
(c) A former girlfriend.
(d) A battle.
5. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
(a) Train his sons to take over the business.
(b) Buy a house for his mother.
(c) Move back to Denver.
(d) Expand his business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Narciso's father's first name?
2. Where does Celaya run away with the boy in #157?
3. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
4. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
5. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
2. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
3. What are the emotional reasons that Soledad hates Celaya?
4. What role does storytelling play in the family's life?
5. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
6. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
7. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
8. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
9. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
10. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)