|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
2. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(d) Very sad.
3. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(b) A priest.
4. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
(a) He bribes the judge.
(b) He enlists in the army.
(c) He kills a guard.
(d) He has a good attorney.
5. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
(b) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
(c) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
(d) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
2. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
3. Who does Inocencio marry?
4. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
5. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
2. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
3. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
4. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
5. What type of child was Inocencio?
6. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
7. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
8. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
9. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
10. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)