|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
2. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(c) Very sad.
3. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
4. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
(a) In battle.
(b) A congenital disease.
(c) A surgical mistake.
(d) It was diseased.
5. What is the name of Soledad's child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
2. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
3. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
4. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
5. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
2. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
3. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
4. What are the emotional reasons that Soledad hates Celaya?
5. What type of child was Inocencio?
6. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
7. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
8. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
9. What does Celaya learn about herself as a freshman, and who is the friend who takes her under her wing?
10. What is Zoila's view on her fate as a woman, and how does she perceive her daughter?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)