|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
(a) He had to get an education.
(b) He had to get a job.
(c) He had to stop drinking.
(d) He had to marry Regina.
2. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) A house.
(d) A bar.
3. What does Celaya tell her mother that angers her mother?
(a) Celaya is in love with a boy.
(b) Celaya is depressed.
(c) Celaya wrecked the car.
(d) Celaya is pregnant.
4. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
5. One of Inocencio's friends convinces the Grandmother and Inocencio that _______________ is the place to be.
(a) San Diego.
(c) San Antionio.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness besets Inocencio?
2. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
3. What is the name of Soledad's child?
4. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
5. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
2. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
3. What are the Grandmother's real intentions regarding the house in San Antonio?
4. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
5. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
6. What is a possible reason that Fina does not like Soledad?
7. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
8. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
9. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
10. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)