|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does the family move?
(a) Des Moines.
(c) San Antonio.
2. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He was hit by a truck.
3. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
4. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Buy some makeup.
(b) Keep her virginity.
(c) Take an etiquette class.
(d) Get regular manicures.
5. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
(a) Giving him the down payment for the house.
(b) Paying his health insurance.
(c) Making rebozos for his wife and daughter.
(d) Paying for Celaya's braces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Narciso's father's first name?
2. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
3. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
4. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
5. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya when Inocencio is in the hospital after a heart attack?
2. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
3. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
4. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
5. What are the Grandmother's real intentions regarding the house in San Antonio?
6. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
7. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
8. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
9. What type of child was Inocencio?
10. Why does Celaya want to leave school and what is her father's response to her idea?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)