|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are too close to the "L".
(b) They are too close to the interstate.
(c) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(d) They are in the inner city.
2. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Working in the garden.
(b) Going for a brisk walk.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
3. Who is Soledad's daughter?
4. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
(a) A house.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) A bar.
(d) A Cadillac.
5. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It has potential.
(b) It is a dream.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It is perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Grandmother want to do immediately after the death of the little Grandfather?
2. What illness besets Inocencio?
3. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
4. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
5. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)