|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(b) Watching television.
(d) Playing the guitar.
3. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
(a) A congenital disease.
(b) In battle.
(c) It was diseased.
(d) A surgical mistake.
4. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It has potential.
(c) It is perfect.
(d) It is ugly.
5. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
2. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
3. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
4. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
5. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
2. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
3. How does the Grandmother's behavior depress Celaya?
4. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
5. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
6. What role does storytelling play in the family's life?
7. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
8. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
9. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
10. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)