|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are in the inner city.
(b) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(c) They are too close to the "L".
(d) They are too close to the interstate.
2. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
3. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Poisoning her food.
(b) Taking away her oxygen.
(c) Pushing her down the stairs.
(d) Smothering her with a pillow.
4. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Get married right away.
(c) Go out on her own before marrying.
(d) Go to college in the East.
5. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He meets another girl.
(c) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(d) He falls into a ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Narciso's father's first name?
2. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
3. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
4. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
5. Where does Celaya run away with the boy in #157?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)