|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(a) Very sad.
2. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(b) Uncle Fat-Face.
(d) Uncle Diego.
3. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
4. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
5. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
(a) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
2. Why does the Awful Grandmother tell Celaya she needs injections?
3. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
4. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
5. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the chaos of the Mexican Revolution.
2. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
3. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
4. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
5. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
6. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
7. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
8. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
9. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
10. Why does Celaya want to leave school and what is her father's response to her idea?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)