|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He falls into a ditch.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(d) He meets another girl.
2. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
(a) A rock.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A pan.
3. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He had a heart attack.
4. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
(a) The family should move back to Chicago.
(b) She should go to reform school.
(c) She is grounded for six months.
(d) She should get married as soon as possible.
5. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
2. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
3. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
4. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
5. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does storytelling play in the family's life?
2. What are the Grandmother's real intentions regarding the house in San Antonio?
3. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
4. How does the Grandmother's behavior depress Celaya?
5. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
6. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
7. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
8. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
9. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
10. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)