|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
(a) Being a female.
(c) Applying for college.
(d) Driving a car.
2. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
3. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
(a) He gets Frequent Flyer points.
(b) He becomes homesick.
(c) He writes many letters.
(d) He has an affair.
4. Why does Celaya start having trouble at school?
(a) She mentions that she is part Spanish.
(b) She misbehaves in class.
(c) A bully starts picking on her.
(d) She fails three of her courses.
5. Who does Inocencio marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Soledad's daughter?
2. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
3. What illness besets Inocencio?
4. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
5. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
2. What is Zoila's view on her fate as a woman, and how does she perceive her daughter?
3. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
4. Describe the chaos of the Mexican Revolution.
5. What does Celaya learn about herself as a freshman, and who is the friend who takes her under her wing?
6. Why does Celaya want to leave school and what is her father's response to her idea?
7. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
8. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
9. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
10. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)