|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Stay home from school.
(c) Say the rosary.
(d) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
2. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
(a) His appendix.
(b) His gallbladder.
(c) A tumor.
(d) Three ribs.
3. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(c) Watching television.
(d) Playing the guitar.
4. What is Narciso's father's first name?
5. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness besets Inocencio?
2. To what city does the family move?
3. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
4. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
5. Why does Eleuterio not approve of the relationship Narciso has with a girl in the city in #94?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
2. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
3. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
4. Why does Celaya want to leave school and what is her father's response to her idea?
5. How does the Grandmother's behavior depress Celaya?
6. What is a possible reason that Fina does not like Soledad?
7. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
8. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
9. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
10. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)