|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(c) Watching television.
(d) Playing the guitar.
2. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
(b) Mexico City.
3. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
(a) They both married in the same church.
(b) They both married men named Miguel.
(c) They both wore the same dress.
(d) They were both "stolen" away.
4. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It has potential.
(b) It is perfect.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It is a dream.
5. What does Inocencio's wife do when she learns about the purchase in #138?
(a) Refuses to move.
(b) Gets a job.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Immediately starts packing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness besets Inocencio?
2. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
3. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
4. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
5. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the emotional reasons that Soledad hates Celaya?
2. What is a possible reason that Fina does not like Soledad?
3. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
4. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
5. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
6. Why does Celaya want to leave school and what is her father's response to her idea?
7. What does Celaya learn about herself as a freshman, and who is the friend who takes her under her wing?
8. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
9. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
10. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)