|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Awful Grandmother agree to do?
(a) Move to a smaller house.
(b) Have knee replacement surgery.
(c) Move to a retirement community.
(d) Move to the U.S. with her son and his family.
2. Who does Inocencio marry?
3. What is the name of Soledad's child?
4. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
5. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Keep her virginity.
(b) Buy some makeup.
(c) Take an etiquette class.
(d) Get regular manicures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
2. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
3. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
4. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
5. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
2. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
3. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
4. What is a possible reason that Fina does not like Soledad?
5. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
6. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
7. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
8. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
9. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
10. What are the emotional reasons that Soledad hates Celaya?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)