|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
2. The Awful Grandmother's stories are all about _________________________.
(a) making people feel sorry for her.
(b) her dead husband.
(c) her love of cooking.
(d) her dreams of a better life for her family.
3. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
4. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
5. Why does Narciso need surgery?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He has a collapsed lung.
(c) He has a heart problem.
(d) He broke his knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
2. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
3. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
4. How does the little Grandfather die?
5. To what city does the family move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
2. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
3. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
4. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
5. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
6. What type of child was Inocencio?
7. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
8. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
9. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
10. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)