|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did the Mexican revolution last?
2. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
3. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
4. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
(a) Being a female.
(b) Applying for college.
(c) Driving a car.
5. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He spent time in prison.
(b) He never graduated high school.
(c) He has a terminal disease.
(d) He had a daughter with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
2. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
3. To what city does the family move?
4. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
5. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
2. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
3. What are the Grandmother's real intentions regarding the house in San Antonio?
4. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
5. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
6. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
7. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
8. What secret about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya when Inocencio is in the hospital after a heart attack?
9. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
10. What is the Grandmother's demeanor in Chicago and why does she not buy her own home?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)