|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inocencio's wife do when she learns about the purchase in #138?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Refuses to move.
(c) Immediately starts packing.
(d) Gets a job.
2. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(c) Watching television.
(d) Playing the guitar.
3. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He spent time in prison.
(b) He has a terminal disease.
(c) He never graduated high school.
(d) He had a daughter with another woman.
4. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
(a) The plage took hundreds of lives.
(b) The Reyes family was locked in the house.
(c) The government blocked shipment of goods.
(d) The city was under siege.
5. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Smothering her with a pillow.
(b) Taking away her oxygen.
(c) Poisoning her food.
(d) Pushing her down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
2. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
3. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
4. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
5. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the emotional reasons that Soledad hates Celaya?
2. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
3. What type of child was Inocencio?
4. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
5. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
6. What advice does Narciso's father give him regarding Soledad?
7. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
8. What is Zoila's view on her fate as a woman, and how does she perceive her daughter?
9. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
10. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)