|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Say the rosary.
(b) Stay home from school.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
2. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He never graduated high school.
(b) He has a terminal disease.
(c) He spent time in prison.
(d) He had a daughter with another woman.
3. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) She is terrified about being a mother.
(b) She cannot wait to have another baby.
(c) No one will ever come between her and her son.
(d) She had really wanted a daughter.
4. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
5. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
(a) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eleuterio not approve of the relationship Narciso has with a girl in the city in #94?
2. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
3. To what city does the family move?
4. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
5. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
2. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
3. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
4. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
5. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
6. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
7. What are the emotional reasons that Soledad hates Celaya?
8. What are the Grandmother's real intentions regarding the house in San Antonio?
9. What role does storytelling play in the family's life?
10. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)