|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(a) The little Grandfather's.
(b) The Grandmother's.
2. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) She is terrified about being a mother.
(b) No one will ever come between her and her son.
(c) She had really wanted a daughter.
(d) She cannot wait to have another baby.
3. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
(a) The city was under siege.
(b) The plage took hundreds of lives.
(c) The government blocked shipment of goods.
(d) The Reyes family was locked in the house.
4. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
(a) Expand his business.
(b) Train his sons to take over the business.
(c) Buy a house for his mother.
(d) Move back to Denver.
5. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
2. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
3. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
4. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
5. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Narciso's relationship with Soledad when they begin having sex?
2. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
3. What secret about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya when Inocencio is in the hospital after a heart attack?
4. How does the Grandmother's behavior depress Celaya?
5. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
6. What is a possible reason that Fina does not like Soledad?
7. How does Inocencio attain his profession of upholsterer?
8. What does Celaya learn about herself as a freshman, and who is the friend who takes her under her wing?
9. What were the "Ten Tragic Days"?
10. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)