|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Stay home from school.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
(d) Say the rosary.
2. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
3. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
4. Who does Inocencio marry?
5. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
(c) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
2. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
3. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
4. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
5. To what city does the family move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of child was Inocencio?
2. What advice did people give Soledad about taking care of herself as a young woman?
3. What is Zoila's view on her fate as a woman, and how does she perceive her daughter?
4. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
5. What are the conditions under which Inocencio is able to buy the San Antonio house?
6. Describe the glittering growth in Mexico in 1910.
7. What position does Soledad take regarding her life when her son is born?
8. What are the Grandmother's real intentions regarding the house in San Antonio?
9. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
10. How does Fina feel about her mother, Soledad, after her father dies?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)