|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She coddles her.
(b) She delights in her.
(c) She insults her.
(d) She indulges her.
2. How many children did the person in #67 have?
(d) Between 16 and 18.
3. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
(a) He tolerates her.
(b) He is kind to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He insults her.
4. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
5. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
(a) An orange La-Z-Boy recliner.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A bunk bed.
(d) A green sofa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Grandfather's name?
2. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
3. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
4. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
5. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Celaya's father and two uncles and what type of business do they have in Chicago?
2. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
3. Describe Celaya's house and its furnishings.
4. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
5. What does the family do when they arrive in Acapulco?
6. What kindness does the Grandfather show Celaya when the Grandmother ridicules her for not eating the mole?
7. Why is Candelaria removed from the Reyes home?
8. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
9. What is a rebozo and what value does it have in Mexican culture?
10. Describe Narciso Reyes.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)