|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Awful Grandmother's father?
2. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
3. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
(c) New York.
4. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
5. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(d) Bittersweet chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Senora Regina have?
2. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
3. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
4. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
5. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Celaya's father and two uncles and what type of business do they have in Chicago?
2. Why does Celaya's afternoon out with her mother turn into a family crisis?
3. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
4. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
5. Who is Candelaria?
6. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
7. Who is Antonieta Araceli and how do the cousins upset her?
8. Where does Inocencio take the family for a holiday, and who complicates the situation by inviting herself to go along?
9. What are the circumstances that have Soledad moving into the Reyes household with Narciso's family?
10. How did Soledad find the man she would marry?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)