|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
(a) Aunty Licha.
(b) Aunt Cecile.
(c) Aunt Maria.
(d) Aunty Tia.
2. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(d) Drug use.
3. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
(a) falling off a bike.
(b) in a car accident.
(c) in a terrible battle.
(d) in a knife fight.
4. Candelaria made a ____________ for Celaya that falls into the water.
5. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Maria.
(b) Uncle Gomez.
(c) Aunty Fina.
(d) Aunty Lucia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
2. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
3. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
4. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
5. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family do when they arrive in Acapulco?
2. Why does Celaya's afternoon out with her mother turn into a family crisis?
3. Describe Narciso Reyes.
4. Describe the Awful Grandmother's life after her mother died.
5. Who is Candelaria?
6. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
7. What is a rebozo and what value does it have in Mexican culture?
8. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
9. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
10. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)