Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
(a) intellectual stimulation.
2. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Carlotta.
(b) Senora Maria.
(c) Senora Regina.
(d) Senora Carmina.
3. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
(a) Rue Espanol.
(b) Place de Tijuana.
(d) Fiesta Plaza.
4. What is a chillona?
(a) A hero.
(b) A tattletale.
(c) A wimp.
(d) A crybaby.
5. How does Candelaria return home?
(a) A plane.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
2. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
3. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
4. What does Celaya's mother tell her father when he catches her?
5. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
2. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
3. How does the Grandmother advise Inocencio about his hysterical wife?
4. Describe Narciso Reyes.
5. How is the Grandmother conflicted by what she wants for her family and what she is physically able to provide?
6. To what location did Celaya's family travel each year and why did they travel as a family?
7. What secret about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya when Inocencio is in the hospital after a heart attack?
8. Describe the Awful Grandmother's life after her mother died.
9. What has Celaya learned about stories and about her family?
10. What does the family do when they arrive in Acapulco?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)