|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
(a) Rue Espanol.
(b) Place de Tijuana.
(c) Fiesta Plaza.
2. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Carmela.
(b) Senora Carlotta.
(c) Senora Regina.
(d) Senora Maria.
3. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
4. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
(a) Strong, funny, and proper.
(b) Smart, handsome, and tall.
(c) Ugly, strong, and proper.
(d) Happy, strong, and lucky.
5. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Candelaria made a ____________ for Celaya that falls into the water.
2. Who is Celaya's father?
3. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
4. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
5. What is a rebozo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Soledad find the man she would marry?
2. Describe Celaya's encounter with the Grandmother's ghost in Inocencio's hospital room.
3. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
4. Describe Narciso Reyes.
5. What does Celaya learn about herself as a freshman, and who is the friend who takes her under her wing?
6. Why is Candelaria removed from the Reyes home?
7. Who is Celaya and how does she depose Soledad in Inocencio's affections?
8. Describe Celaya's house and its furnishings.
9. What lie did Narciso tell about his three missing ribs and what is the truth of the story?
10. What event does Inocencio host after he gets well?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)