|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
2. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Regina.
(b) Senora Maria.
(c) Senora Carmela.
(d) Senora Carlotta.
3. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Fina.
(b) Uncle Gomez.
(c) Aunty Maria.
(d) Aunty Lucia.
4. What was the name of Narciso's household?
(b) Casa del Reyes.
(c) Reyes del Castillo.
(d) El Conquistador.
5. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In a guest bedroom.
(c) On a cot in the pantry.
(d) In the sleeping porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the person in #67 have?
2. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
3. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
4. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
5. What is mole?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what location did Celaya's family travel each year and why did they travel as a family?
2. Why does the family rely on little white lies?
3. What are the circumstances that have Soledad moving into the Reyes household with Narciso's family?
4. Who is Candelaria?
5. Describe Celaya's house and its furnishings.
6. How is the Grandmother conflicted by what she wants for her family and what she is physically able to provide?
7. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
8. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
9. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
10. What is a rebozo and what value does it have in Mexican culture?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)