|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
(a) in a knife fight.
(b) falling off a bike.
(c) in a terrible battle.
(d) in a car accident.
2. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(a) Los Angeles.
3. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
(a) Rue Espanol.
(b) Fiesta Plaza.
(c) Place de Tijuana.
4. What is mole?
(c) Spicy pork dish.
5. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
2. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
3. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
4. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
5. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ernie and what role does he play in Celaya's life?
2. What major purchase does Inocencio make without consulting Zoila and how does she react when she learns about it?
3. What are the circumstances that have Soledad moving into the Reyes household with Narciso's family?
4. How did Soledad find the man she would marry?
5. Who is Candelaria?
6. Why does Celaya's afternoon out with her mother turn into a family crisis?
7. What illness befalls the Grandmother and how does the family react after her death?
8. Where does Inocencio take the family for a holiday, and who complicates the situation by inviting herself to go along?
9. Describe the Awful Grandmother's life after her mother died.
10. Even though they both had behaved inappropriately, how did Narciso save Inocencio from a fate similar to his own?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)