|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
(a) Aunty Licha.
(b) Aunt Cecile.
(c) Aunty Tia.
(d) Aunt Maria.
2. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(b) Because they are uneducated.
(c) Because they don't own homes.
(d) Because of the color of their skin.
3. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
4. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To clean the hotel rooms.
(b) To care for the children.
(c) To help with the driving.
(d) To cook for the family.
5. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
2. How many children did the person in #67 have?
3. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
4. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
5. How many children did Senora Regina have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
2. How do the family stories foreshadow what will come in the novel?
3. Describe Narciso Reyes.
4. What is a rebozo and what value does it have in Mexican culture?
5. To what location did Celaya's family travel each year and why did they travel as a family?
6. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
7. What does the family do when they arrive in Acapulco?
8. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
9. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
10. What are the circumstances that have Soledad moving into the Reyes household with Narciso's family?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)