|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
2. What did Soledad accidentally call Narciso when they first met?
3. How many children did Senora Regina have?
4. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
(a) Aunty Tia.
(b) Aunt Cecile.
(c) Aunty Licha.
(d) Aunt Maria.
5. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
(a) Strong, funny, and proper.
(b) Happy, strong, and lucky.
(c) Ugly, strong, and proper.
(d) Smart, handsome, and tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "gente adinerada"?
2. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
3. How many children did the person in #67 have?
4. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
5. How did Narciso attain Soledad for marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Awful Grandmother's life after her mother died.
2. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
3. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
4. What kindness does the Grandfather show Celaya when the Grandmother ridicules her for not eating the mole?
5. Who is Candelaria?
6. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
7. How did Soledad find the man she would marry?
8. Describe Celaya's house and its furnishings.
9. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
10. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)