|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
2. When the Awful Grandmother was a young girl, her family made ________________.
(a) Mexican shawls.
3. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
(a) Three bedrooms.
(b) Expensive furniture in the house.
(c) A used car.
(d) A new refrigerator.
4. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
(a) She should always keep it like that.
(b) It would help it grow back faster.
(c) It accentuated her beautiful eyes.
(d) It made her look like a boy.
5. How did Narciso attain Soledad for marriage?
(a) He "stole" her.
(b) He asked for her father's permission.
(c) He courted her for years.
(d) He wrote her a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
2. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
3. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
4. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
5. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
2. Describe Narciso Reyes.
3. Who is Candelaria?
4. How does the Grandmother advise Inocencio about his hysterical wife?
5. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
6. Describe the Awful Grandmother's life after her mother died.
7. What kindness does the Grandfather show Celaya when the Grandmother ridicules her for not eating the mole?
8. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
9. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
10. To what location did Celaya's family travel each year and why did they travel as a family?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)