|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
2. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
3. What does Celaya's mother tell her father when he catches her?
(a) Their marriage is over.
(b) She doesn't want to go home yet.
(c) She has fallen in love with someone else.
(d) She has a bad migraine.
4. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Maria.
(b) Aunty Fina.
(c) Aunty Lucia.
(d) Uncle Gomez.
5. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
2. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
3. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
4. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
5. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
2. Describe Narciso Reyes.
3. What are the two criteria to determine a person's class?
4. Describe Mother's hysterical fit in the car in Acapulco.
5. How does the Grandmother advise Inocencio about his hysterical wife?
6. To what location did Celaya's family travel each year and why did they travel as a family?
7. Why is the girl, Candelaria, pressed into service for the Grandmother?
8. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
9. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
10. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)