|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
(d) New York.
2. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
3. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(b) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(c) Zoira needs psychological help.
(d) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
4. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
5. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Zoila complain to Inocencio about?
2. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
3. What seems to run rampant in the community?
4. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
5. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Awful Grandmother's life after her mother died.
2. Why does the family rely on little white lies?
3. Why is the girl, Candelaria, pressed into service for the Grandmother?
4. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
5. To what location did Celaya's family travel each year and why did they travel as a family?
6. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
7. Why does Celaya's afternoon out with her mother turn into a family crisis?
8. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
9. Why is Candelaria removed from the Reyes home?
10. Where does Inocencio take the family for a holiday, and who complicates the situation by inviting herself to go along?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)