|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(a) Senor Busybody.
(b) Baby Face.
(d) El Tarzan.
2. What is the Grandfather's name?
3. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
(a) intellectual stimulation.
4. When the Awful Grandmother was a young girl, her family made ________________.
(d) Mexican shawls.
5. What topic does Zoila complain to Inocencio about?
(a) Wanting a bigger house.
(b) Leaving dirty clothes on the floor.
(c) Never going anywhere.
(d) Not making enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Senora Regina have?
2. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
3. At what type of business do the narrator's father and uncles work?
4. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
5. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Candelaria?
2. Describe Celaya's house and its furnishings.
3. How does the Grandmother advise Inocencio about his hysterical wife?
4. Why is Candelaria removed from the Reyes home?
5. What are the circumstances that have Soledad moving into the Reyes household with Narciso's family?
6. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
7. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
8. Why is the girl, Candelaria, pressed into service for the Grandmother?
9. What kindness does the Grandfather show Celaya when the Grandmother ridicules her for not eating the mole?
10. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)