|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
2. Which of Celaya's cousins seems to always get upset at the family gatherings?
3. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
4. How did Narciso attain Soledad for marriage?
(a) He courted her for years.
(b) He wrote her a letter.
(c) He asked for her father's permission.
(d) He "stole" her.
5. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) The gang.
(b) Hey You.
(c) Et Tu.
(d) Al Tu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "gente adinerada"?
2. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
3. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
4. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
5. What is Narciso's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
2. Where does Inocencio take the family for a holiday, and who complicates the situation by inviting herself to go along?
3. What are the two criteria to determine a person's class?
4. Explain the nice lifestyle shared by Uncle Baby and Aunty Ninfa.
5. Why does the family rely on little white lies?
6. What kindness does the Grandfather show Celaya when the Grandmother ridicules her for not eating the mole?
7. How is the Grandmother conflicted by what she wants for her family and what she is physically able to provide?
8. Describe Celaya's house and its furnishings.
9. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
10. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)