|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To cook for the family.
(b) To help with the driving.
(c) To clean the hotel rooms.
(d) To care for the children.
2. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
3. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
(a) the climate.
(b) the music.
(c) the scenery.
(d) the food.
4. What is a chillona?
(a) A crybaby.
(b) A hero.
(c) A tattletale.
(d) A wimp.
5. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Telling little white lies.
(b) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(c) Singing while cleaning.
(d) Praying before dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
2. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
3. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
4. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
5. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Celaya's father and two uncles and what type of business do they have in Chicago?
2. What does the family do when they arrive in Acapulco?
3. Describe Soledad's Aunty Fina.
4. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
5. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
6. Who is Candelaria?
7. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
8. Why is Candelaria removed from the Reyes home?
9. Who is Antonieta Araceli and how do the cousins upset her?
10. What kindness does the Grandfather show Celaya when the Grandmother ridicules her for not eating the mole?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)