|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) Formal gardens.
(b) Gourmet meals.
(c) People with money.
(d) An art style.
2. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She insults her.
(b) She coddles her.
(c) She indulges her.
(d) She delights in her.
3. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
(a) His hair.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His smile.
4. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
5. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
2. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
3. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
4. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
5. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How many children are in Celaya's family and what distinction does she have?
2. Who is Antonieta Araceli and how do the cousins upset her?
3. Describe Narciso Reyes.
4. How does the Grandmother try to hurt Mother by telling her a secret?
5. What does the family do when they arrive in Acapulco?
6. Where does Inocencio take the family for a holiday, and who complicates the situation by inviting herself to go along?
7. Why does the family rely on little white lies?
8. How was Senora Regina both kind and cruel to Soledad?
9. What is a rebozo and what value does it have in Mexican culture?
10. Describe the childhood of the Awful Grandmother and what role rebozos played in her life.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)