|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Soledad's child?
2. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
(a) Paying his health insurance.
(b) Giving him the down payment for the house.
(c) Making rebozos for his wife and daughter.
(d) Paying for Celaya's braces.
3. What illness besets Inocencio?
(b) Heart attack.
4. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
(a) A doctor.
(d) A midwife.
5. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
6. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
(a) The family should move back to Chicago.
(b) She is grounded for six months.
(c) She should go to reform school.
(d) She should get married as soon as possible.
7. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(b) Uncle Fat-Face.
(c) Uncle Diego.
8. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
9. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
(a) His appendix.
(b) His gallbladder.
(c) Three ribs.
(d) A tumor.
10. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Smothering her with a pillow.
(b) Poisoning her food.
(c) Pushing her down the stairs.
(d) Taking away her oxygen.
11. Why does the Awful Grandmother tell Celaya she needs injections?
(a) To get rid of her wrinkles.
(b) Because she looks like a boy.
(c) Because she is too fat.
(d) To get shiny hair.
12. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
13. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
(a) He had to get a job.
(b) He had to get an education.
(c) He had to stop drinking.
(d) He had to marry Regina.
14. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
15. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She has had an abortion.
(c) She is not a pure girl.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
2. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
3. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
4. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
5. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)