|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eleuterio not approve of the relationship Narciso has with a girl in the city in #94?
(a) She was married before.
(b) She is half black.
(c) She has a child.
(d) She is too young.
2. What does Celaya's father liken to a Mexican girl becoming a prostitute?
(a) Going to college.
(b) Getting a tattoo.
(c) Leaving the church.
(d) Leaving home before marriage.
3. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(d) Anna Maria.
4. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
(a) A bar.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) A house.
(d) A Cadillac.
5. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Working in the garden.
(b) Going for a brisk walk.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
6. What is the name of Soledad's child?
7. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Playing the guitar.
8. What does Celaya tell her mother that angers her mother?
(a) Celaya is depressed.
(b) Celaya is pregnant.
(c) Celaya is in love with a boy.
(d) Celaya wrecked the car.
9. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Write her story.
(c) Run away from home.
(d) Get married.
10. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
(b) Being a female.
(c) Driving a car.
(d) Applying for college.
11. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
12. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
13. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
(c) A stroke.
14. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was hit by a truck.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He had cancer.
15. How many years did the Mexican revolution last?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
2. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
3. Why does Narciso need surgery?
4. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
5. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)