|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(b) A priest.
2. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(c) Anna Maria.
3. What does the Awful Grandmother agree to do?
(a) Move to a retirement community.
(b) Have knee replacement surgery.
(c) Move to the U.S. with her son and his family.
(d) Move to a smaller house.
4. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
5. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Buy some makeup.
(b) Keep her virginity.
(c) Take an etiquette class.
(d) Get regular manicures.
6. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They pay for an abortion.
(b) They put her out of the house.
(c) They offer to adopt the baby.
(d) They ignore her.
7. To what city does the family move?
(a) Des Moines.
(c) San Antonio.
8. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(b) Playing the guitar.
(c) Watching television.
9. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
10. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
11. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Write her story.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Run away from home.
12. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
13. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
(a) She was not supportive of her marriage.
(b) She prevented her from going to college.
(c) She belittled her in front of people.
(d) She did not support her career.
14. What happened every evening in Mexico City in 1910?
(b) Boat races.
(c) Race riots.
15. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
(a) Get married right away.
(b) Go out on her own before marrying.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Go to college in the East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inocencio's wife do when she learns about the purchase in #138?
2. How does the little Grandfather die?
3. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
4. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
5. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)