|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He thinks she is a pest.
(b) He uses her for sex.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He thinks she is a cute kid.
2. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
(a) A midwife.
(d) A doctor.
3. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Poisoning her food.
(b) Smothering her with a pillow.
(c) Taking away her oxygen.
(d) Pushing her down the stairs.
4. One of Inocencio's friends convinces the Grandmother and Inocencio that _______________ is the place to be.
(a) San Antionio.
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(a) A priest.
6. What is the name of Soledad's child?
7. What does Celaya's father liken to a Mexican girl becoming a prostitute?
(a) Leaving the church.
(b) Going to college.
(c) Leaving home before marriage.
(d) Getting a tattoo.
8. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He meets another girl.
(b) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He falls into a ditch.
9. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) His mother.
(b) A battle.
(c) A city.
(d) A former girlfriend.
10. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
11. Why does Celaya start having trouble at school?
(a) She fails three of her courses.
(b) She misbehaves in class.
(c) A bully starts picking on her.
(d) She mentions that she is part Spanish.
12. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
(a) He becomes homesick.
(b) He gets Frequent Flyer points.
(c) He writes many letters.
(d) He has an affair.
13. Who is Soledad's daughter?
14. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(b) Playing the guitar.
(c) Watching television.
15. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
(a) His appendix.
(b) His gallbladder.
(c) A tumor.
(d) Three ribs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
2. Where does Celaya run away with the boy in #157?
3. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
4. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
5. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)