|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
2. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
(a) She has a fight with her sister.
(b) She decides to stay a few extra days.
(c) She wants to change her itinerary.
(d) Inocencio chooses his wife over her.
3. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Say the rosary.
(c) Stay home from school.
(d) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
4. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
5. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They put her out of the house.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They offer to adopt the baby.
(d) They pay for an abortion.
6. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
7. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
8. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Working in the garden.
(d) Going for a brisk walk.
9. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(d) Very sad.
10. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
(b) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
(c) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
(d) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
11. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
12. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
13. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
(a) He had to get a job.
(b) He had to stop drinking.
(c) He had to marry Regina.
(d) He had to get an education.
14. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(a) Anna Maria.
15. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He thinks she is a pest.
(b) He thinks she is a cute kid.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He uses her for sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
2. Why does the Awful Grandmother tell Celaya she needs injections?
3. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
4. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
5. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)