|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
(a) His appendix.
(b) His gallbladder.
(c) Three ribs.
(d) A tumor.
2. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Working in the garden.
(c) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(d) Going for a brisk walk.
3. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(d) Fr. Gomez.
4. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
5. What does Celaya tell her mother that angers her mother?
(a) Celaya is pregnant.
(b) Celaya is in love with a boy.
(c) Celaya wrecked the car.
(d) Celaya is depressed.
6. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(b) A priest.
7. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
(a) He gets Frequent Flyer points.
(b) He writes many letters.
(c) He becomes homesick.
(d) He has an affair.
8. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(c) Very sad.
9. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
(a) They were both "stolen" away.
(b) They both married in the same church.
(c) They both married men named Miguel.
(d) They both wore the same dress.
10. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(c) Anna Maria.
11. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
(a) He had to get an education.
(b) He had to stop drinking.
(c) He had to get a job.
(d) He had to marry Regina.
12. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
(a) She was not supportive of her marriage.
(b) She did not support her career.
(c) She prevented her from going to college.
(d) She belittled her in front of people.
13. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He meets another girl.
(b) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He falls into a ditch.
14. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(b) The Grandmother's.
(d) The little Grandfather's.
15. To what city does the family move?
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Des Moines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
2. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
3. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
4. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
5. What does Celaya's father liken to a Mexican girl becoming a prostitute?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)