|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
(a) He becomes homesick.
(b) He gets Frequent Flyer points.
(c) He has an affair.
(d) He writes many letters.
2. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
(a) Driving a car.
(c) Being a female.
(d) Applying for college.
3. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
(a) Buy a house for his mother.
(b) Train his sons to take over the business.
(c) Expand his business.
(d) Move back to Denver.
4. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
(a) Grandmother will live with the family.
(b) Long hours of work.
(c) Family budget cuts.
(d) High interest payments.
5. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A big screen TV.
(c) A house.
(d) A bar.
6. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Playing the guitar.
7. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She has had an abortion.
(c) She is not a pure girl.
(d) She is pregnant.
8. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
9. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(b) Uncle Diego.
(d) Uncle Fat-Face.
10. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
(a) She is grounded for six months.
(b) She should get married as soon as possible.
(c) She should go to reform school.
(d) The family should move back to Chicago.
11. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
(a) Get married right away.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Go out on her own before marrying.
(d) Go to college in the East.
12. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(b) Going for a brisk walk.
(c) Working in the garden.
(d) Listening to music.
13. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
14. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
15. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
2. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
3. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
4. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
5. Who is Soledad's daughter?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)