|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) His mother.
(b) A battle.
(c) A former girlfriend.
(d) A city.
2. Who is Soledad's daughter?
3. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
4. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Run away from home.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Write her story.
5. The Awful Grandmother's stories are all about _________________________.
(a) her love of cooking.
(b) making people feel sorry for her.
(c) her dreams of a better life for her family.
(d) her dead husband.
6. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
7. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
8. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
(a) Paying his health insurance.
(b) Paying for Celaya's braces.
(c) Making rebozos for his wife and daughter.
(d) Giving him the down payment for the house.
9. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) San Francisco.
10. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
11. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
12. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
(a) It was diseased.
(b) A congenital disease.
(c) A surgical mistake.
(d) In battle.
13. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They break up.
(b) Narciso joins the army.
(c) Soledad moves to Chicago.
(d) They get married.
14. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He uses her for sex.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He thinks she is a cute kid.
(d) He thinks she is a pest.
15. Why does Eleuterio not approve of the relationship Narciso has with a girl in the city in #94?
(a) She was married before.
(b) She has a child.
(c) She is half black.
(d) She is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
2. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
3. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
4. What is the name of Soledad's child?
5. What illness besets Inocencio?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)