|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(b) The Grandmother's.
(c) The little Grandfather's.
2. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
3. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(b) A priest.
4. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Buy some makeup.
(b) Keep her virginity.
(c) Take an etiquette class.
(d) Get regular manicures.
5. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A midwife.
6. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are too close to the interstate.
(b) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(c) They are in the inner city.
(d) They are too close to the "L".
7. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
8. What happened every evening in Mexico City in 1910?
(a) Race riots.
(b) Boat races.
9. What does Celaya tell her mother that angers her mother?
(a) Celaya is pregnant.
(b) Celaya is depressed.
(c) Celaya is in love with a boy.
(d) Celaya wrecked the car.
10. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It has potential.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is perfect.
(d) It is a dream.
11. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
12. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He was shot.
13. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(a) Anna Maria.
14. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(a) Fr. Gomez.
15. Why does Eleuterio not approve of the relationship Narciso has with a girl in the city in #94?
(a) She was married before.
(b) She has a child.
(c) She is half black.
(d) She is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
2. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
3. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
4. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
5. Why does the Awful Grandmother tell Celaya she needs injections?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)