|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
2. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
(a) was eating.
(b) was sad.
(c) was swimming.
(d) was playing ball.
3. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It is perfect.
(c) It has potential.
(d) It is ugly.
4. What does Celaya's father liken to a Mexican girl becoming a prostitute?
(a) Getting a tattoo.
(b) Leaving home before marriage.
(c) Leaving the church.
(d) Going to college.
5. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
6. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
(a) Giving him the down payment for the house.
(b) Paying for Celaya's braces.
(c) Making rebozos for his wife and daughter.
(d) Paying his health insurance.
7. Who is Soledad's daughter?
8. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They get married.
(b) Soledad moves to Chicago.
(c) Narciso joins the army.
(d) They break up.
9. How many years did the Mexican revolution last?
10. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(b) Watching television.
(d) Playing the guitar.
11. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
(a) The government blocked shipment of goods.
(b) The city was under siege.
(c) The plage took hundreds of lives.
(d) The Reyes family was locked in the house.
12. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
13. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) No one will ever come between her and her son.
(b) She cannot wait to have another baby.
(c) She is terrified about being a mother.
(d) She had really wanted a daughter.
14. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They put her out of the house.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They offer to adopt the baby.
(d) They pay for an abortion.
15. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
(a) She has a fight with her sister.
(b) Inocencio chooses his wife over her.
(c) She decides to stay a few extra days.
(d) She wants to change her itinerary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Awful Grandmother agree to do?
2. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
3. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
4. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
5. Who does Inocencio marry?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)