|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
(b) Watching television.
(d) Playing the guitar.
2. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Smothering her with a pillow.
(b) Poisoning her food.
(c) Pushing her down the stairs.
(d) Taking away her oxygen.
3. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
(b) Ninth grade.
4. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He was hit by a truck.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had cancer.
5. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
(d) A stroke.
6. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
7. Where does Celaya run away with the boy in #157?
8. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
(a) She prevented her from going to college.
(b) She belittled her in front of people.
(c) She did not support her career.
(d) She was not supportive of her marriage.
9. What illness besets Inocencio?
(d) Heart attack.
10. What is Narciso's father's first name?
11. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
(b) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
(c) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
(d) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
12. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are in the inner city.
(b) They are too close to the interstate.
(c) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(d) They are too close to the "L".
13. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They put her out of the house.
(b) They offer to adopt the baby.
(c) They pay for an abortion.
(d) They ignore her.
14. What happened every evening in Mexico City in 1910?
(a) Race riots.
(d) Boat races.
15. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It is a dream.
(c) It has potential.
(d) It is perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
2. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
3. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
4. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
5. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)