|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(a) Anna Maria.
2. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
3. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) No one will ever come between her and her son.
(b) She is terrified about being a mother.
(c) She cannot wait to have another baby.
(d) She had really wanted a daughter.
4. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
5. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Get regular manicures.
(b) Take an etiquette class.
(c) Buy some makeup.
(d) Keep her virginity.
6. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Get an education.
(c) Run away from home.
(d) Write her story.
7. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He is crazy about her.
(b) He uses her for sex.
(c) He thinks she is a cute kid.
(d) He thinks she is a pest.
8. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
(a) He becomes homesick.
(b) He writes many letters.
(c) He has an affair.
(d) He gets Frequent Flyer points.
9. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
(a) They were both "stolen" away.
(b) They both wore the same dress.
(c) They both married in the same church.
(d) They both married men named Miguel.
10. What does Celaya feel about the purchase in #137?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It is a dream.
(c) It has potential.
(d) It is perfect.
11. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
(a) Move back to Denver.
(b) Expand his business.
(c) Buy a house for his mother.
(d) Train his sons to take over the business.
12. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
13. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
14. To what city does the family move?
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Des Moines.
15. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
(a) He bribes the judge.
(b) He has a good attorney.
(c) He kills a guard.
(d) He enlists in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
2. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
3. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
4. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
5. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)