|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Narciso need surgery?
(a) He broke his knee.
(b) He has a collapsed lung.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He has a heart problem.
2. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Poisoning her food.
(b) Smothering her with a pillow.
(c) Taking away her oxygen.
(d) Pushing her down the stairs.
3. How many years did the Mexican revolution last?
4. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
5. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
(a) Giving him the down payment for the house.
(b) Making rebozos for his wife and daughter.
(c) Paying for Celaya's braces.
(d) Paying his health insurance.
6. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
(a) Expand his business.
(b) Buy a house for his mother.
(c) Move back to Denver.
(d) Train his sons to take over the business.
7. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
(c) Ninth grade.
8. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
9. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(a) A priest.
10. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
(a) was sad.
(b) was eating.
(c) was playing ball.
(d) was swimming.
11. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
12. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
13. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
14. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They break up.
(b) They get married.
(c) Soledad moves to Chicago.
(d) Narciso joins the army.
15. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does the family move?
2. One of Inocencio's friends convinces the Grandmother and Inocencio that _______________ is the place to be.
3. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
4. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
5. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)