|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Awful Grandmother agree to do?
(a) Have knee replacement surgery.
(b) Move to the U.S. with her son and his family.
(c) Move to a retirement community.
(d) Move to a smaller house.
2. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Going for a brisk walk.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(d) Working in the garden.
3. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He thinks she is a cute kid.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He thinks she is a pest.
(d) He uses her for sex.
4. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
5. Where does Celaya run away with the boy in #157?
6. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He never graduated high school.
(b) He had a daughter with another woman.
(c) He spent time in prison.
(d) He has a terminal disease.
7. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(b) Fr. Gomez.
8. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
(a) Three ribs.
(b) His appendix.
(c) A tumor.
(d) His gallbladder.
9. What is the name of Soledad's child?
10. Who is Soledad's daughter?
11. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He meets another girl.
(c) He falls into a ditch.
(d) He is almost shot by soldiers.
12. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(b) The little Grandfather's.
(c) The Grandmother's.
13. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He was hit by a truck.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was shot.
14. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
(a) The city was under siege.
(b) The government blocked shipment of goods.
(c) The Reyes family was locked in the house.
(d) The plage took hundreds of lives.
15. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
2. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
3. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
4. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
5. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)