|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
(d) A stroke.
2. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(b) Uncle Diego.
(c) Uncle Fat-Face.
3. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
4. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is not a pure girl.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has had an abortion.
5. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) She is terrified about being a mother.
(b) She cannot wait to have another baby.
(c) No one will ever come between her and her son.
(d) She had really wanted a daughter.
6. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
(a) They both wore the same dress.
(b) They both married men named Miguel.
(c) They both married in the same church.
(d) They were both "stolen" away.
7. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(c) Very sad.
8. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
9. To what city does the family move?
(b) Des Moines.
(c) San Antonio.
10. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They break up.
(b) Narciso joins the army.
(c) They get married.
(d) Soledad moves to Chicago.
11. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
(d) Mexico City.
12. One of Inocencio's friends convinces the Grandmother and Inocencio that _______________ is the place to be.
(a) San Antionio.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
14. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Going for a brisk walk.
(d) Working in the garden.
15. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
(a) Inocencio chooses his wife over her.
(b) She decides to stay a few extra days.
(c) She wants to change her itinerary.
(d) She has a fight with her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
2. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
3. What is the name of Soledad's child?
4. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
5. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)