|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
(a) A bar.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A house.
(d) A big screen TV.
2. The Awful Grandmother's stories are all about _________________________.
(a) her love of cooking.
(b) her dead husband.
(c) her dreams of a better life for her family.
(d) making people feel sorry for her.
3. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Say the rosary.
(b) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Stay home from school.
4. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(a) Fr. Gomez.
5. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
(c) A stroke.
6. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
7. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
(a) He bribes the judge.
(b) He has a good attorney.
(c) He kills a guard.
(d) He enlists in the army.
8. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(c) Very sad.
9. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(c) Working in the garden.
(d) Going for a brisk walk.
10. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
11. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are in the inner city.
(b) They are too close to the interstate.
(c) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(d) They are too close to the "L".
12. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
(a) was eating.
(b) was sad.
(c) was swimming.
(d) was playing ball.
13. What is the name of Soledad's child?
14. To what city does the family move?
(c) Des Moines.
(d) San Antonio.
15. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Poisoning her food.
(b) Taking away her oxygen.
(c) Pushing her down the stairs.
(d) Smothering her with a pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
2. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
3. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
4. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
5. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)