|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
2. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
3. What is the name of Soledad's child?
4. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He meets another girl.
(c) He falls into a ditch.
(d) He is almost shot by soldiers.
5. Why does Narciso need surgery?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He broke his knee.
(c) He has a collapsed lung.
(d) He has a heart problem.
6. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
7. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(a) The Grandmother's.
(d) The little Grandfather's.
8. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They offer to adopt the baby.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They put her out of the house.
(d) They pay for an abortion.
9. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
(a) She should go to reform school.
(b) She is grounded for six months.
(c) She should get married as soon as possible.
(d) The family should move back to Chicago.
10. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
11. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
(b) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
(c) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
(d) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
12. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
13. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Run away from home.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Write her story.
14. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
15. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
2. Who is Soledad's daughter?
3. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
4. Who does Inocencio marry?
5. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)