|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He falls into a ditch.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He meets another girl.
(d) He is almost shot by soldiers.
2. To what city does the family move?
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Des Moines.
3. What does the Awful Grandmother agree to do?
(a) Move to the U.S. with her son and his family.
(b) Have knee replacement surgery.
(c) Move to a retirement community.
(d) Move to a smaller house.
4. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Working in the garden.
(b) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Going for a brisk walk.
5. What is Narciso's father's first name?
6. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
7. What does the Grandmother want to do immediately after the death of the little Grandfather?
(c) Sell the house.
(d) Go to church.
8. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They break up.
(b) They get married.
(c) Narciso joins the army.
(d) Soledad moves to Chicago.
9. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
(a) He has a good attorney.
(b) He bribes the judge.
(c) He enlists in the army.
(d) He kills a guard.
10. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
(a) High interest payments.
(b) Family budget cuts.
(c) Grandmother will live with the family.
(d) Long hours of work.
11. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(d) Anna Maria.
12. What does Inocencio's wife do when she learns about the purchase in #138?
(a) Refuses to move.
(b) Gets a job.
(c) Immediately starts packing.
(d) Runs away.
13. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) His mother.
(b) A city.
(c) A battle.
(d) A former girlfriend.
14. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. One of Inocencio's friends convinces the Grandmother and Inocencio that _______________ is the place to be.
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Antionio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
2. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
3. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
4. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
5. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)