|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
(a) Long hours of work.
(b) High interest payments.
(c) Family budget cuts.
(d) Grandmother will live with the family.
2. What illness besets Inocencio?
(c) Heart attack.
3. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
4. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) His mother.
(b) A battle.
(c) A former girlfriend.
(d) A city.
5. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Take an etiquette class.
(b) Keep her virginity.
(c) Buy some makeup.
(d) Get regular manicures.
6. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
7. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
(a) The Reyes family was locked in the house.
(b) The plage took hundreds of lives.
(c) The city was under siege.
(d) The government blocked shipment of goods.
8. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
9. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
10. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(b) Uncle Diego.
(c) Uncle Fat-Face.
11. Why does Celaya start having trouble at school?
(a) She misbehaves in class.
(b) She fails three of her courses.
(c) A bully starts picking on her.
(d) She mentions that she is part Spanish.
12. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
13. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Get an education.
(c) Run away from home.
(d) Write her story.
14. Who is the friend who takes Celaya under her wing?
15. What does the Grandmother want to do immediately after the death of the little Grandfather?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Sell the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Soledad's child devote his time?
2. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
3. What is Narciso's father's first name?
4. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
5. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)