|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(a) The little Grandfather's.
(d) The Grandmother's.
2. Who talks the boy in #157 out of marrying Celaya?
(c) A priest.
3. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
(b) Stay home from school.
(c) Say the rosary.
(d) Go to church.
4. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
(a) She has a fight with her sister.
(b) She wants to change her itinerary.
(c) She decides to stay a few extra days.
(d) Inocencio chooses his wife over her.
5. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Get married right away.
(c) Go to college in the East.
(d) Go out on her own before marrying.
6. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
7. What happened every evening in Mexico City in 1910?
(b) Boat races.
(c) Race riots.
8. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
(a) They both married in the same church.
(b) They both married men named Miguel.
(c) They both wore the same dress.
(d) They were both "stolen" away.
9. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) Soledad moves to Chicago.
(b) They break up.
(c) Narciso joins the army.
(d) They get married.
10. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) She had really wanted a daughter.
(b) She is terrified about being a mother.
(c) She cannot wait to have another baby.
(d) No one will ever come between her and her son.
11. How many children do Inocencio and his wife have?
12. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) San Francisco.
13. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(c) Fr. Gomez.
14. Who does Inocencio marry?
15. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
(a) She is grounded for six months.
(b) She should get married as soon as possible.
(c) The family should move back to Chicago.
(d) She should go to reform school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
2. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
3. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
4. Why does the Awful Grandmother tell Celaya she needs injections?
5. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)