|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Narciso need surgery?
(a) He has a heart problem.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He has a collapsed lung.
(d) He broke his knee.
2. The Awful Grandmother's stories are all about _________________________.
(a) her dead husband.
(b) her love of cooking.
(c) her dreams of a better life for her family.
(d) making people feel sorry for her.
3. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(b) Anna Maria.
4. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
(a) She is not a pure girl.
(b) She has had an abortion.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Stay home from school.
(b) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Say the rosary.
6. What do the doctors take from Narciso during surgery?
(a) A tumor.
(b) Three ribs.
(c) His appendix.
(d) His gallbladder.
7. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Being a female.
(d) Applying for college.
8. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
9. What is the name of Soledad's child?
10. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
(b) Swimming pools.
(c) Potato chips.
(d) Plastic chairs.
11. To what city does the family move?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) Des Moines.
12. Who is Soledad's daughter?
13. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
14. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They put her out of the house.
(b) They offer to adopt the baby.
(c) They pay for an abortion.
(d) They ignore her.
15. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Viva want to move and take Celaya with her?
2. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
3. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
4. What is Inocencia's only daughter's name?
5. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)