|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) A battle.
(b) His mother.
(c) A city.
(d) A former girlfriend.
2. What happened every evening in Mexico City in 1910?
(b) Race riots.
(d) Boat races.
3. The Awful Grandmother's stories are all about _________________________.
(a) her dreams of a better life for her family.
(b) her dead husband.
(c) her love of cooking.
(d) making people feel sorry for her.
4. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
(b) The Grandmother's.
(d) The little Grandfather's.
5. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
(a) A doctor.
(d) A midwife.
6. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
7. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
(b) Ninth grade.
8. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
(a) Braiding and unbraiding the strands of her rebozo.
(b) Working in the garden.
(c) Listening to music.
(d) Going for a brisk walk.
9. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
10. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He had a daughter with another woman.
(b) He never graduated high school.
(c) He has a terminal disease.
(d) He spent time in prison.
11. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
(a) High interest payments.
(b) Grandmother will live with the family.
(c) Long hours of work.
(d) Family budget cuts.
12. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
13. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are too close to the "L".
(b) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(c) They are in the inner city.
(d) They are too close to the interstate.
14. Who gave Inocencio the money to make the purchase in #137?
(b) Fr. Gomez.
15. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
(a) Take an etiquette class.
(b) Get regular manicures.
(c) Keep her virginity.
(d) Buy some makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
2. What does the ghost of the person in #166 want Celaya to do?
3. What job did Soledad's son get in Chicago as an adult?
4. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
5. What illness besets Inocencio?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)