|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
2. Why does Eleuterio not approve of the relationship Narciso has with a girl in the city in #94?
(a) She has a child.
(b) She is half black.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She was married before.
3. What does Celaya realize that she knows nothing about?
(a) Driving a car.
(b) Being a female.
(c) Applying for college.
4. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He spent time in prison.
(b) He has a terminal disease.
(c) He never graduated high school.
(d) He had a daughter with another woman.
5. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He was hit by a truck.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had a heart attack.
6. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(c) Very sad.
7. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(a) Uncle Fat-Face.
(b) Uncle Diego.
8. Why does Celaya start having trouble at school?
(a) She misbehaves in class.
(b) She mentions that she is part Spanish.
(c) A bully starts picking on her.
(d) She fails three of her courses.
9. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They put her out of the house.
(c) They pay for an abortion.
(d) They offer to adopt the baby.
10. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
(a) He had to get a job.
(b) He had to get an education.
(c) He had to stop drinking.
(d) He had to marry Regina.
11. What does the Grandmother want to do immediately after the death of the little Grandfather?
(b) Go to church.
(d) Sell the house.
12. What does Inocencio buy in Texas without consulting his wife?
(a) A house.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A bar.
(d) A big screen TV.
13. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
(a) A surgical mistake.
(b) It was diseased.
(c) In battle.
(d) A congenital disease.
14. How does the Grandmother try to edge her way back into Inocencio's life?
(a) Giving him the down payment for the house.
(b) Paying for Celaya's braces.
(c) Making rebozos for his wife and daughter.
(d) Paying his health insurance.
15. What is Inocencio's ultimate plan?
(a) Train his sons to take over the business.
(b) Expand his business.
(c) Move back to Denver.
(d) Buy a house for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Soledad's place in Inocencio's heart?
2. What advice is Soledad given now that she is turning into a young lady?
3. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
4. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
5. Who nurses Narciso when he returns home?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)