|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) Narciso joins the army.
(b) They break up.
(c) They get married.
(d) Soledad moves to Chicago.
2. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He was shot.
3. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
(a) Ninth grade.
4. Who is Soledad's daughter?
5. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
(c) Mexico City.
6. Why does Narciso need surgery?
(a) He has a collapsed lung.
(b) He broke his knee.
(c) He has a heart problem.
(d) He was shot.
7. What does Zoila have the kids do on the day the Grandmother dies?
(a) Say the rosary.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Stay home from school.
(d) Open all the windows to let out the smell.
8. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He meets another girl.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He falls into a ditch.
(d) He is almost shot by soldiers.
9. What type of goods does the family business in Chicago now produce?
(a) Potato chips.
(c) Plastic chairs.
(d) Swimming pools.
10. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
(c) A stroke.
11. What is the demeanor of Soldedad's child?
(b) Very sad.
12. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Taking away her oxygen.
(b) Pushing her down the stairs.
(c) Smothering her with a pillow.
(d) Poisoning her food.
13. What similarity do Soledad and her daughter share regarding marriage?
(a) They both married men named Miguel.
(b) They both married in the same church.
(c) They were both "stolen" away.
(d) They both wore the same dress.
14. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
(a) He bribes the judge.
(b) He has a good attorney.
(c) He enlists in the army.
(d) He kills a guard.
15. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
2. Who is not pleased that Narciso is having sex with Soledad when they are not married?
3. How many years did the Mexican revolution last?
4. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
5. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)