|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Narciso later say he lost the body part in #92?
(a) It was diseased.
(b) A surgical mistake.
(c) A congenital disease.
(d) In battle.
2. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
3. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
4. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
5. With which son does the Grandmother live in Chicago?
6. Who would become another child of Soledad's?
(a) Uncle Diego.
(d) Uncle Fat-Face.
7. Who takes Soledad's part and stands up for her in the story?
8. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
(a) Go out on her own before marrying.
(b) Get married right away.
(c) Go to college in the East.
(d) Become a doctor.
9. Other than Celaya, who is Inocencio's other daughter?
10. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
(a) She was not supportive of her marriage.
(b) She did not support her career.
(c) She belittled her in front of people.
(d) She prevented her from going to college.
11. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He is crazy about her.
(b) He thinks she is a cute kid.
(c) He uses her for sex.
(d) He thinks she is a pest.
12. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(d) Anna Maria.
13. The Awful Grandmother's stories are all about _________________________.
(a) her dreams of a better life for her family.
(b) her dead husband.
(c) her love of cooking.
(d) making people feel sorry for her.
14. What year of school does Celaya enter at her new school?
(b) Ninth grade.
15. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ghost does Celaya see when she visits her father?
2. Why does Celaya start having trouble at school?
3. What is Narciso's father's first name?
4. What does Narciso do when he travels so much for work?
5. How does Inocencio manage to escape from prison?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)