|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom had Inocencio had an affair at one time?
(a) Anna Maria.
2. Soledad's child was not happy unless he _______________.
(a) was eating.
(b) was swimming.
(c) was playing ball.
(d) was sad.
3. What does Inocencio's wife do when she learns about the purchase in #138?
(a) Immediately starts packing.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Gets a job.
(d) Refuses to move.
4. Why is the boy in #157 talked out of marrying Celaya?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is not a pure girl.
(c) She has had an abortion.
(d) She is too young.
5. What shocking news about Inocencio does Zoila tell Celaya?
(a) He never graduated high school.
(b) He spent time in prison.
(c) He has a terminal disease.
(d) He had a daughter with another woman.
6. How does the little Grandfather die?
(a) He had cancer.
(b) He was hit by a truck.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had a heart attack.
7. How did Zoila consider killing the Grandmother?
(a) Pushing her down the stairs.
(b) Taking away her oxygen.
(c) Poisoning her food.
(d) Smothering her with a pillow.
8. What occurred during the "Ten Tragic Days"?
(a) The city was under siege.
(b) The plage took hundreds of lives.
(c) The government blocked shipment of goods.
(d) The Reyes family was locked in the house.
9. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
(a) She belittled her in front of people.
(b) She was not supportive of her marriage.
(c) She did not support her career.
(d) She prevented her from going to college.
10. What does Inocencio decide when Celaya returns home?
(a) The family should move back to Chicago.
(b) She should go to reform school.
(c) She should get married as soon as possible.
(d) She is grounded for six months.
11. What stipulation comes along with the purchase in #137?
(a) High interest payments.
(b) Grandmother will live with the family.
(c) Family budget cuts.
(d) Long hours of work.
12. What does Soledad think when her son is born?
(a) She is terrified about being a mother.
(b) She cannot wait to have another baby.
(c) No one will ever come between her and her son.
(d) She had really wanted a daughter.
13. In what year did the Mexican revolution begin?
14. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(b) He meets another girl.
(c) He falls into a ditch.
(d) He is robbed.
15. After who/what was Inocencio's daughter named?
(a) His mother.
(b) A city.
(c) A battle.
(d) A former girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Narciso to marry Soledad?
2. Who is the boy that Celaya runs away with?
3. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
4. What illness befalls the Grandmother?
5. What does Celaya's father liken to a Mexican girl becoming a prostitute?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)