|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
2. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
3. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
4. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) Hey You.
(b) Et Tu.
(c) Al Tu.
(d) The gang.
5. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(d) The Grandmother.
6. How many children are in Celaya's family?
7. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Baby.
(b) Uncle Jose.
(c) Uncle Eddie.
(d) Uncle Max.
8. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
9. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Praying before dinner.
(b) Telling little white lies.
(c) Singing while cleaning.
(d) Overdrawing bank accounts.
10. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
(a) the food.
(b) the music.
(c) the climate.
(d) the scenery.
11. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(b) Because of the color of their skin.
(c) Because they are uneducated.
(d) Because they don't own homes.
12. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
13. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
14. How many children did the person in #67 have?
(d) Between 16 and 18.
15. At what type of business do the narrator's father and uncles work?
(a) Body shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Narciso attain Soledad for marriage?
2. Who was Aunty Fina's husband?
3. Where is Candelaria left while on the family trip?
4. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
5. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)