|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(c) Drug use.
2. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
3. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
4. Who is Celaya's father?
5. What is the narrator's name?
6. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Baby.
(b) Uncle Jose.
(c) Uncle Max.
(d) Uncle Eddie.
7. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
(a) Expensive furniture in the house.
(b) A used car.
(c) A new refrigerator.
(d) Three bedrooms.
8. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
9. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
(a) She wrecked the family car.
(b) She flirted with the neighbor man.
(c) She ate at a restaurant.
(d) She tore the silk rebozo.
10. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Regina.
(b) Senora Carmela.
(c) Senora Maria.
(d) Senora Carlotta.
11. Who was the Awful Grandmother's father?
12. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(b) Baby Face.
(c) El Tarzan.
(d) Senor Busybody.
13. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(d) Bittersweet chocolate.
14. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Mexico City.
15. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
2. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
3. Candelaria made a ____________ for Celaya that falls into the water.
4. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
5. What is "gente adinerada"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)