|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(a) El Tarzan.
(b) Senor Busybody.
(c) Baby Face.
2. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
3. What is the Grandfather's name?
4. What is a rebozo?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A spice.
(d) A shawl.
5. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
(b) Fiesta Plaza.
(c) Place de Tijuana.
(d) Rue Espanol.
6. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
(a) In a guest bedroom.
(b) On a cot in the pantry.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the sleeping porch.
7. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
8. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) Al Tu.
(b) The gang.
(c) Et Tu.
(d) Hey You.
9. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
(a) Aunty Licha.
(b) Aunt Cecile.
(c) Aunty Tia.
(d) Aunt Maria.
10. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
11. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
12. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
(b) Zoira needs psychological help.
(c) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(d) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
13. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
(a) Ugly, strong, and proper.
(b) Happy, strong, and lucky.
(c) Strong, funny, and proper.
(d) Smart, handsome, and tall.
14. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She would rather wear cotton.
(b) She grew up in the United States.
(c) She doesn't take care of her things.
(d) She is too young to understand what it means.
15. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
(a) Hails a cab.
(b) Runs as fast as she can.
(c) Finds a phone booth.
(d) Flags down a policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
2. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
3. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
4. How many children did Senora Regina have?
5. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)