|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did the person in #67 have?
(a) Between 16 and 18.
2. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To cook for the family.
(b) To help with the driving.
(c) To clean the hotel rooms.
(d) To care for the children.
3. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
4. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
5. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(b) She is like a mother to her.
(c) She is her inspiration.
(d) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
6. How many children are in Celaya's family?
7. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(b) Telling little white lies.
(c) Singing while cleaning.
(d) Praying before dinner.
8. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Max.
(b) Uncle Baby.
(c) Uncle Jose.
(d) Uncle Eddie.
9. What is the narrator's name?
10. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She has to finish high school.
(b) She got a better paying job.
(c) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
(d) She wants to go to college.
11. What did Soledad accidentally call Narciso when they first met?
12. Who is Celaya's father?
13. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
14. How many children did Senora Regina have?
15. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "gente adinerada"?
2. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
3. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
4. Who was the Awful Grandmother's father?
5. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)