|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a chillona?
(a) A tattletale.
(b) A hero.
(c) A crybaby.
(d) A wimp.
2. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
3. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Fina.
(b) Aunty Maria.
(c) Aunty Lucia.
(d) Uncle Gomez.
4. Who is Celaya's father?
5. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Giving fancy parties.
(b) Owning a tuxedo.
(c) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(d) Having a brick house.
6. How does Candelaria return home?
(a) A bus.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A plane.
7. What is Narciso's last name?
8. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
9. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(b) Zoira needs psychological help.
(c) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(d) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
10. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
11. Who was Aunty Fina's husband?
(a) Uncle Jerome.
(b) Uncle Geraldo.
(c) Uncle Paulo.
(d) Uncle Pio.
12. At what type of business do the narrator's father and uncles work?
(c) Body shop.
13. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(b) Drug use.
(c) Sexual abuse.
14. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
15. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
(a) In the shed.
(b) On a cot in the pantry.
(c) In a guest bedroom.
(d) In the sleeping porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
2. Who was Narciso's mother?
3. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
4. What is "gente adinerada"?
5. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)