|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Maria.
(b) Senora Carmela.
(c) Senora Regina.
(d) Senora Carlotta.
2. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(b) Bittersweet chocolate.
3. At what type of business do the narrator's father and uncles work?
(c) Body shop.
4. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't own homes.
(b) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(c) Because they are uneducated.
(d) Because of the color of their skin.
5. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
6. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
7. Who was Aunty Fina's husband?
(a) Uncle Pio.
(b) Uncle Paulo.
(c) Uncle Geraldo.
(d) Uncle Jerome.
8. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
9. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
10. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
11. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
12. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She goes out more.
(b) She is old enough to drive.
(c) She understands the value of the item.
(d) She likes to dress up.
13. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
(a) in a terrible battle.
(b) in a car accident.
(c) falling off a bike.
(d) in a knife fight.
14. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(b) El Tarzan.
(c) Senor Busybody.
(d) Baby Face.
15. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
(a) She tore the silk rebozo.
(b) She flirted with the neighbor man.
(c) She wrecked the family car.
(d) She ate at a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
2. What seems to run rampant in the community?
3. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
4. Candelaria made a ____________ for Celaya that falls into the water.
5. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)