|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is her inspiration.
(b) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(c) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(d) She is like a mother to her.
2. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She goes out more.
(b) She is old enough to drive.
(c) She understands the value of the item.
(d) She likes to dress up.
3. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His smile.
(d) His hair.
4. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(c) The Grandmother.
5. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
(c) Big hats.
6. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
7. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
(a) He tolerates her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He insults her.
(d) He is kind to her.
8. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(a) Drug use.
(d) Sexual abuse.
9. What is a rebozo?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A spice.
10. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(b) Zoira needs psychological help.
(c) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(d) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
11. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
12. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
(a) The Awful Grandmother.
(b) Old neighbors.
(c) Aunts and uncles.
(d) School friends.
13. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
14. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Fina.
(b) Aunty Lucia.
(c) Uncle Gomez.
(d) Aunty Maria.
15. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Candelaria return home?
2. What is Celaya's mother's name?
3. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
4. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
5. Who was Narciso's mother?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)