|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Narciso's last name?
2. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(b) Bittersweet chocolate.
3. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
4. How many children did the person in #67 have?
(b) Between 16 and 18.
5. How many children are in Celaya's family?
6. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) Hey You.
(b) Al Tu.
(c) The gang.
(d) Et Tu.
7. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
(a) His smile.
(b) His hands.
(c) His hair.
(d) His eyes.
8. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
9. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) An art style.
(b) Gourmet meals.
(c) Formal gardens.
(d) People with money.
10. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(c) Drug use.
(d) Sexual abuse.
11. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
12. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
13. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is her inspiration.
(b) She is like a mother to her.
(c) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(d) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
14. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(c) The Grandmother.
15. Who was Aunty Fina's husband?
(a) Uncle Pio.
(b) Uncle Geraldo.
(c) Uncle Jerome.
(d) Uncle Paulo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Awful Grandmother's father?
2. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
3. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
4. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
5. What is a chillona?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)