|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Jose.
(b) Uncle Baby.
(c) Uncle Eddie.
(d) Uncle Max.
2. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
3. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(b) Because they are uneducated.
(c) Because of the color of their skin.
(d) Because they don't own homes.
4. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A car.
(c) A silk rebozo.
(d) A prom dress.
5. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
(a) An orange La-Z-Boy recliner.
(b) A bunk bed.
(c) A green sofa.
(d) A sleeping bag.
6. What is mole?
(c) Spicy pork dish.
7. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
8. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
9. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) Gourmet meals.
(b) People with money.
(c) An art style.
(d) Formal gardens.
10. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
11. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
(d) Mexico City.
12. Which of Celaya's cousins seems to always get upset at the family gatherings?
13. When the Awful Grandmother was a young girl, her family made ________________.
(d) Mexican shawls.
14. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(a) El Tarzan.
(c) Senor Busybody.
(d) Baby Face.
15. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
(a) A used car.
(b) Three bedrooms.
(c) Expensive furniture in the house.
(d) A new refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
2. What is the Grandfather's name?
3. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
4. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
5. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)