|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(b) Singing while cleaning.
(c) Praying before dinner.
(d) Telling little white lies.
2. What is a chillona?
(a) A hero.
(b) A crybaby.
(c) A wimp.
(d) A tattletale.
3. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Jose.
(b) Uncle Eddie.
(c) Uncle Max.
(d) Uncle Baby.
4. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
5. What is the Grandfather's name?
6. How did Narciso attain Soledad for marriage?
(a) He asked for her father's permission.
(b) He "stole" her.
(c) He courted her for years.
(d) He wrote her a letter.
7. What is Narciso's last name?
8. What is a rebozo?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A spice.
(d) A carriage.
9. What was the name of Narciso's household?
(a) Casa del Reyes.
(b) El Conquistador.
(d) Reyes del Castillo.
10. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She insults her.
(b) She coddles her.
(c) She indulges her.
(d) She delights in her.
11. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
(a) Rue Espanol.
(b) Fiesta Plaza.
(c) Place de Tijuana.
12. Who is Celaya's father?
13. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To help with the driving.
(b) To cook for the family.
(c) To clean the hotel rooms.
(d) To care for the children.
14. How many children did Senora Regina have?
15. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
2. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
3. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
4. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
5. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)