|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Mexico City.
2. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(a) Los Angeles.
3. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
(a) He is kind to her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He tolerates her.
(d) He insults her.
4. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
5. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
6. How does Candelaria return home?
(a) A plane.
(b) A car.
(c) A bus.
(d) A train.
7. When the Awful Grandmother was a young girl, her family made ________________.
(c) Mexican shawls.
8. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Carmina.
(b) Senora Regina.
(c) Senora Carlotta.
(d) Senora Maria.
9. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She likes to dress up.
(b) She understands the value of the item.
(c) She is old enough to drive.
(d) She goes out more.
10. What is the Awful Grandmother's name?
11. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) They ask new people to make changes.
(b) People forget to tell them things.
(c) They intentionally change them.
(d) Too much time passes between story tellings.
12. Who is Celaya's father?
13. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) People with money.
(b) Formal gardens.
(c) Gourmet meals.
(d) An art style.
14. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(b) Telling little white lies.
(c) Singing while cleaning.
(d) Praying before dinner.
15. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
(c) Big hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
2. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
3. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
4. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
5. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)