Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
(a) intellectual stimulation.
2. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Carlotta.
(b) Senora Maria.
(c) Senora Regina.
(d) Senora Carmina.
3. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
(a) Rue Espanol.
(b) Place de Tijuana.
(d) Fiesta Plaza.
4. What is a chillona?
(a) A hero.
(b) A tattletale.
(c) A wimp.
(d) A crybaby.
5. How does Candelaria return home?
(a) A plane.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A bus.
6. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
7. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
(a) It would help it grow back faster.
(b) It made her look like a boy.
(c) She should always keep it like that.
(d) It accentuated her beautiful eyes.
8. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
9. What does Celaya's mother tell her father when he catches her?
(a) She has fallen in love with someone else.
(b) She doesn't want to go home yet.
(c) She has a bad migraine.
(d) Their marriage is over.
10. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Uncle Gomez.
(b) Aunty Maria.
(c) Aunty Fina.
(d) Aunty Lucia.
11. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She delights in her.
(b) She indulges her.
(c) She insults her.
(d) She coddles her.
12. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Giving fancy parties.
(b) Owning a tuxedo.
(c) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(d) Having a brick house.
13. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
14. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Singing while cleaning.
(b) Praying before dinner.
(c) Telling little white lies.
(d) Overdrawing bank accounts.
15. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
2. How many children did Senora Regina have?
3. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
4. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
5. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)