|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
(a) the music.
(b) the food.
(c) the scenery.
(d) the climate.
2. What is a rebozo?
(a) A spice.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A weapon.
3. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
4. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because of the color of their skin.
(b) Because they are uneducated.
(c) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(d) Because they don't own homes.
5. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(d) Los Angeles.
6. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
(a) falling off a bike.
(b) in a car accident.
(c) in a knife fight.
(d) in a terrible battle.
7. What is Narciso's last name?
8. What is a chillona?
(a) A wimp.
(b) A crybaby.
(c) A tattletale.
(d) A hero.
9. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She delights in her.
(b) She indulges her.
(c) She insults her.
(d) She coddles her.
10. Where is Candelaria left while on the family trip?
(a) An airport.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bus station.
(d) An ocean town.
11. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(a) Bittersweet chocolate.
12. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To clean the hotel rooms.
(b) To help with the driving.
(c) To cook for the family.
(d) To care for the children.
13. Who was the Awful Grandmother's father?
14. Candelaria made a ____________ for Celaya that falls into the water.
15. How does Candelaria return home?
(a) A bus.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
2. What is "gente adinerada"?
3. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
4. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
5. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)