|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
(a) Aunts and uncles.
(b) The Awful Grandmother.
(c) Old neighbors.
(d) School friends.
2. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
3. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Fina.
(b) Aunty Maria.
(c) Aunty Lucia.
(d) Uncle Gomez.
4. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) People forget to tell them things.
(b) They intentionally change them.
(c) They ask new people to make changes.
(d) Too much time passes between story tellings.
5. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
6. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) Zoira needs psychological help.
(b) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
(c) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(d) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
7. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) Gourmet meals.
(b) An art style.
(c) Formal gardens.
(d) People with money.
8. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is like a mother to her.
(b) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(c) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(d) She is her inspiration.
9. What is a chillona?
(a) A tattletale.
(b) A crybaby.
(c) A wimp.
(d) A hero.
10. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Baby.
(b) Uncle Jose.
(c) Uncle Max.
(d) Uncle Eddie.
11. What topic does Zoila complain to Inocencio about?
(a) Not making enough money.
(b) Leaving dirty clothes on the floor.
(c) Never going anywhere.
(d) Wanting a bigger house.
12. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
13. Who was Aunty Fina's husband?
(a) Uncle Pio.
(b) Uncle Geraldo.
(c) Uncle Jerome.
(d) Uncle Paulo.
14. How many children did the person in #67 have?
(d) Between 16 and 18.
15. How many children did Senora Regina have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
2. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
3. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
4. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
5. What is Narciso's last name?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)