|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
(b) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(c) Zoira needs psychological help.
(d) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
2. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(b) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(c) She is her inspiration.
(d) She is like a mother to her.
3. What did Soledad accidentally call Narciso when they first met?
4. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
(b) intellectual stimulation.
5. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
(a) New York.
6. What is Narciso's last name?
7. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Carmina.
(b) Senora Maria.
(c) Senora Regina.
(d) Senora Carlotta.
8. What is a chillona?
(a) A tattletale.
(b) A hero.
(c) A crybaby.
(d) A wimp.
9. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
(a) Aunt Maria.
(b) Aunty Tia.
(c) Aunty Licha.
(d) Aunt Cecile.
10. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
11. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
(a) An orange La-Z-Boy recliner.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A bunk bed.
(d) A green sofa.
12. The Awful Grandmother's mother was able to create _____________ like no one else could.
13. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Eddie.
(b) Uncle Max.
(c) Uncle Jose.
(d) Uncle Baby.
14. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
15. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She understands the value of the item.
(b) She goes out more.
(c) She likes to dress up.
(d) She is old enough to drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a rebozo?
2. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
3. Who is Celaya's father?
4. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
5. What is the narrator's name?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)