|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Narciso's household?
(b) El Conquistador.
(c) Casa del Reyes.
(d) Reyes del Castillo.
2. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) People forget to tell them things.
(b) They ask new people to make changes.
(c) Too much time passes between story tellings.
(d) They intentionally change them.
3. What is a chillona?
(a) A tattletale.
(b) A wimp.
(c) A crybaby.
(d) A hero.
4. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
(a) An orange La-Z-Boy recliner.
(b) A bunk bed.
(c) A green sofa.
(d) A sleeping bag.
5. What does Celaya's mother tell her father when he catches her?
(a) She doesn't want to go home yet.
(b) Their marriage is over.
(c) She has a bad migraine.
(d) She has fallen in love with someone else.
6. What is the narrator's name?
7. How many children are in Celaya's family?
8. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
9. Who was Narciso's mother?
(a) Senora Carlotta.
(b) Senora Maria.
(c) Senora Regina.
(d) Senora Carmina.
10. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
11. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
(a) Old neighbors.
(b) Aunts and uncles.
(c) School friends.
(d) The Awful Grandmother.
12. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Telling little white lies.
(b) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(c) Praying before dinner.
(d) Singing while cleaning.
13. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
(a) Finds a phone booth.
(b) Flags down a policeman.
(c) Hails a cab.
(d) Runs as fast as she can.
14. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
15. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
(a) Aunty Maria.
(b) Uncle Gomez.
(c) Aunty Lucia.
(d) Aunty Fina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "gente adinerada"?
2. Which of Celaya's cousins seems to always get upset at the family gatherings?
3. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
4. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
5. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)