|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Aunty Fina's husband?
(a) Uncle Jerome.
(b) Uncle Pio.
(c) Uncle Geraldo.
(d) Uncle Paulo.
2. What shape is the house the family stays in in Acapulco?
3. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(a) Senor Busybody.
(b) Baby Face.
(c) El Tarzan.
4. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) Hey You.
(b) Al Tu.
(c) The gang.
(d) Et Tu.
5. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(b) Zoira needs psychological help.
(c) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(d) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
6. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
7. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(b) Drug use.
(d) Sexual abuse.
8. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
9. At what type of business do the narrator's father and uncles work?
(b) Body shop.
10. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
11. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She got a better paying job.
(b) She wants to go to college.
(c) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
(d) She has to finish high school.
12. What is a chillona?
(a) A wimp.
(b) A tattletale.
(c) A crybaby.
(d) A hero.
13. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
14. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She is too young to understand what it means.
(b) She doesn't take care of her things.
(c) She grew up in the United States.
(d) She would rather wear cotton.
15. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
(a) A green sofa.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A bunk bed.
(d) An orange La-Z-Boy recliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
2. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
3. Who was Narciso's mother?
4. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
5. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)