|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 85 and 86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She is too young to understand what it means.
(b) She doesn't take care of her things.
(c) She would rather wear cotton.
(d) She grew up in the United States.
2. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Having a brick house.
(b) Owning a tuxedo.
(c) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(d) Giving fancy parties.
3. Who takes care of the Grandmother during her illness?
4. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because of the color of their skin.
(b) Because they don't own homes.
(c) Because they are uneducated.
(d) Because they don't speak Spanish.
5. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
2. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. How does the Grandmother calm her nerves?
5. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)