|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grandmother want to do immediately after the death of the little Grandfather?
(b) Go to church.
(d) Sell the house.
2. What was the Grandmother's disposition when the family moved to Chicago?
3. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(b) Having a brick house.
(c) Giving fancy parties.
(d) Owning a tuxedo.
4. What does Soledad throw at Inocencio when they argue?
(a) A pan.
(b) A rock.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A shoe.
5. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
(a) She flirted with the neighbor man.
(b) She ate at a restaurant.
(c) She tore the silk rebozo.
(d) She wrecked the family car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a chillona?
2. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
3. What was the main plaza close to Narciso's house?
4. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
5. What was Senora Regina's demeanor toward Soledad?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)