|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 58-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
(b) She got a better paying job.
(c) She has to finish high school.
(d) She wants to go to college.
2. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't own homes.
(b) Because of the color of their skin.
(c) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(d) Because they are uneducated.
3. Why does Soledad have to find her own way home in Acapulco?
(a) She has a fight with her sister.
(b) She decides to stay a few extra days.
(c) Inocencio chooses his wife over her.
(d) She wants to change her itinerary.
4. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
(a) falling off a bike.
(b) in a car accident.
(c) in a terrible battle.
(d) in a knife fight.
5. How many children did Senora Regina have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are in Celaya's family?
2. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
3. The shoes a person wears and ______________ showed the class of the person.
4. What was the most striking feature that the young Narciso Reyes had?
5. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)