|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43-51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Narciso attain Soledad for marriage?
(a) He "stole" her.
(b) He courted her for years.
(c) He asked for her father's permission.
(d) He wrote her a letter.
2. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He meets another girl.
(b) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He falls into a ditch.
3. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(a) Los Angeles.
4. What is "feo, fuerte, y formal"?
(a) Happy, strong, and lucky.
(b) Smart, handsome, and tall.
(c) Strong, funny, and proper.
(d) Ugly, strong, and proper.
5. What happens between Narciso and Soledad when Soledad gets pregnant?
(a) They get married.
(b) Narciso joins the army.
(c) Soledad moves to Chicago.
(d) They break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
2. Where did Narciso live during the Mexican revolution?
3. With whom was the Awful Grandmother sent to live after her mother died?
4. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
5. Who was the Awful Grandmother's father?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)