|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II Chapter 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Giving fancy parties.
(b) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(c) Having a brick house.
(d) Owning a tuxedo.
2. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(b) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(c) She is her inspiration.
(d) She is like a mother to her.
3. Where is Candelaria left while on the family trip?
(a) An ocean town.
(b) An airport.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A hotel.
4. What is mole?
(c) Spicy pork dish.
5. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
2. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
3. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
4. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
5. When the Awful Grandmother was a young girl, her family made ________________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)