|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II Chapter 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(b) The Grandmother.
2. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(b) Because they are uneducated.
(c) Because they don't own homes.
(d) Because of the color of their skin.
3. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(b) She is like a mother to her.
(c) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(d) She is her inspiration.
4. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
(a) Finds a phone booth.
(b) Runs as fast as she can.
(c) Hails a cab.
(d) Flags down a policeman.
5. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(b) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(c) Zoira needs psychological help.
(d) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
2. When the Awful Grandmother was a young girl, her family made ________________.
3. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
4. Mexico City is called the _______________ of the New World.
5. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)