|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(d) Los Angeles.
2. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She goes out more.
(b) She understands the value of the item.
(c) She is old enough to drive.
(d) She likes to dress up.
3. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She is too young to understand what it means.
(b) She would rather wear cotton.
(c) She doesn't take care of her things.
(d) She grew up in the United States.
4. What topic does Zoila complain to Inocencio about?
(a) Not making enough money.
(b) Leaving dirty clothes on the floor.
(c) Wanting a bigger house.
(d) Never going anywhere.
5. How many children are in Celaya's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
2. What profession does Aunt Light-Skin have?
3. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
4. Where does Inocencio decide to take his family?
5. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)