|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Awful Grandmother, what should come first in a person's life?
2. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She has to finish high school.
(c) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
(d) She got a better paying job.
3. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Owning a tuxedo.
(b) Giving fancy parties.
(c) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(d) Having a brick house.
4. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(d) The Grandmother.
5. Who is the helper of the Awful Grandmother who threatens to quit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are in Celaya's family?
2. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
3. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
4. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
5. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)