|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) Hey You.
(b) The gang.
(c) Et Tu.
(d) Al Tu.
2. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(b) Bittersweet chocolate.
3. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She would rather wear cotton.
(b) She doesn't take care of her things.
(c) She is too young to understand what it means.
(d) She grew up in the United States.
4. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
(a) Aunts and uncles.
(b) School friends.
(c) The Awful Grandmother.
(d) Old neighbors.
5. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
(a) the scenery.
(b) the food.
(c) the music.
(d) the climate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
2. What is a chillona?
3. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
4. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
5. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)