|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She goes out more.
(b) She is old enough to drive.
(c) She understands the value of the item.
(d) She likes to dress up.
2. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
(a) Three bedrooms.
(b) A new refrigerator.
(c) A used car.
(d) Expensive furniture in the house.
3. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(b) The Grandmother.
4. Where does Celaya sleep at night?
(a) A bunk bed.
(b) An orange La-Z-Boy recliner.
(c) A green sofa.
(d) A sleeping bag.
5. What is a rebozo?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A spice.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A shawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
2. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
3. What is a chillona?
4. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
5. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)