|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(b) Giving fancy parties.
(c) Owning a tuxedo.
(d) Having a brick house.
2. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To clean the hotel rooms.
(b) To care for the children.
(c) To help with the driving.
(d) To cook for the family.
3. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) People forget to tell them things.
(b) They intentionally change them.
(c) Too much time passes between story tellings.
(d) They ask new people to make changes.
4. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
(a) She flirted with the neighbor man.
(b) She ate at a restaurant.
(c) She tore the silk rebozo.
(d) She wrecked the family car.
5. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She is too young to understand what it means.
(b) She would rather wear cotton.
(c) She grew up in the United States.
(d) She doesn't take care of her things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
2. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
3. Which one of Celaya's brothers was left in Mexico to attend military school?
4. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
5. Where is Candelaria left while on the family trip?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)