|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A car.
(c) A silk rebozo.
(d) A prom dress.
2. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) People forget to tell them things.
(b) Too much time passes between story tellings.
(c) They intentionally change them.
(d) They ask new people to make changes.
3. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
4. What nationality is Aunty Ninfa?
5. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Having a brick house.
(b) Owning a tuxedo.
(c) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(d) Giving fancy parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
2. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
3. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
4. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
5. What is a chillona?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)