|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
2. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
(a) Old neighbors.
(b) The Awful Grandmother.
(c) Aunts and uncles.
(d) School friends.
3. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
(a) She tore the silk rebozo.
(b) She flirted with the neighbor man.
(c) She ate at a restaurant.
(d) She wrecked the family car.
4. What is the narrator's father known as in the family?
(a) Baby Face.
(b) Senor Busybody.
(d) El Tarzan.
5. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Having a brick house.
(b) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(c) Giving fancy parties.
(d) Owning a tuxedo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are in Celaya's family?
2. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
3. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
4. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
5. At what type of business do the narrator's father and uncles work?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)