|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) Too much time passes between story tellings.
(b) They intentionally change them.
(c) People forget to tell them things.
(d) They ask new people to make changes.
2. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
3. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
(d) Los Angeles.
4. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
(c) Bittersweet chocolate.
5. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
(a) A used car.
(b) Three bedrooms.
(c) A new refrigerator.
(d) Expensive furniture in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
2. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
3. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
4. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
5. What did Celaya's grandmother say when Celaya's hair was chopped off as a girl?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)