|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celaya's grandmother say Celaya could not appreciate a silk rebozo?
(a) She grew up in the United States.
(b) She would rather wear cotton.
(c) She is too young to understand what it means.
(d) She doesn't take care of her things.
2. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
(a) Aunty Tia.
(b) Aunty Licha.
(c) Aunt Cecile.
(d) Aunt Maria.
3. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
(a) Et Tu.
(b) The gang.
(c) Al Tu.
(d) Hey You.
4. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Owning a tuxedo.
(b) Giving fancy parties.
(c) Having a brick house.
(d) Being blonde and light-skinned.
5. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She coddles her.
(b) She insults her.
(c) She indulges her.
(d) She delights in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
2. What nickname does Celaya's mother call Celaya?
3. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
4. In what city did the narrator's father and uncles work?
5. Which of Celaya's cousins seems to always get upset at the family gatherings?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)