|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 64-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Soledad's child?
2. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
(a) Because they don't speak Spanish.
(b) Because of the color of their skin.
(c) Because they don't own homes.
(d) Because they are uneducated.
3. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In the sleeping porch.
(c) In a guest bedroom.
(d) On a cot in the pantry.
4. What is "gente adinerada"?
(a) Gourmet meals.
(b) Formal gardens.
(c) People with money.
(d) An art style.
5. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
(a) He had to get an education.
(b) He had to get a job.
(c) He had to stop drinking.
(d) He had to marry Regina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inocencio says that his stories about life are not stories, but rather ______________.
2. Why does Soledad's daughter hate her?
3. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
4. Who attended Soledad when she delivered her baby?
5. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)