|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 64-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grandmother think is wrong with the neighborhoods where she could afford to buy a house in Chicago?
(a) They are filled with low-class Mexicans.
(b) They are in the inner city.
(c) They are too close to the interstate.
(d) They are too close to the "L".
2. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(b) The Grandmother.
3. What happens to Narciso one day as he is walking home?
(a) He is almost shot by soldiers.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He meets another girl.
(d) He falls into a ditch.
4. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) Zoira needs psychological help.
(b) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(c) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
(d) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
5. What does Celaya tell her father that she wants to do?
(a) Go out on her own before marrying.
(b) Go to college in the East.
(c) Get married right away.
(d) Become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
2. Who was Narciso's mother?
3. What was left unfinished when the Awful Grandmother's mother died?
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. What seems to run rampant in the community?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)