|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter's 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's name?
2. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To cook for the family.
(b) To care for the children.
(c) To help with the driving.
(d) To clean the hotel rooms.
3. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
4. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Having a brick house.
(b) Owning a tuxedo.
(c) Giving fancy parties.
(d) Being blonde and light-skinned.
5. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She got a better paying job.
(b) She has to finish high school.
(c) She wants to go to college.
(d) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Celaya compare the color of the skin of Candelaria?
2. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
3. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
4. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
5. The Grandfather tells Celaya that he lost three ribs ___________________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)