|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter's 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a rebozo?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A spice.
(d) A weapon.
2. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A silk rebozo.
(c) A car.
(d) A prom dress.
3. What is mole?
(c) Spicy pork dish.
4. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Praying before dinner.
(b) Singing while cleaning.
(c) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(d) Telling little white lies.
5. What does the Grandmother say about Zoira to Inocencia?
(a) He picked a wonderful woman to be his wife.
(b) He must choose between his mother or his wife.
(c) Zoira needs psychological help.
(d) She is better fit to raise the kids than Zoira is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Zoila complain to Inocencio about?
2. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
3. Why is the Awful Grandmother angry at Celaya's mother?
4. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
5. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)