|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter's 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She got a better paying job.
(c) She has to finish high school.
(d) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
2. What does Celaya's father tell the Awful Grandmother that he wants to buy for Celaya?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A prom dress.
(c) A silk rebozo.
(d) A car.
3. What is a standard practice of Celaya's family?
(a) Singing while cleaning.
(b) Praying before dinner.
(c) Overdrawing bank accounts.
(d) Telling little white lies.
4. Who invites herself to go on the trip with Inocencio and his family?
(b) The Grandmother.
5. Which one of the narrator's uncles is best off financially?
(a) Uncle Jose.
(b) Uncle Eddie.
(c) Uncle Max.
(d) Uncle Baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What luxury does Celaya's family have that makes them feel rich?
2. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
3. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
4. What is a rebozo?
5. Who is the Awful Grandmother's washerwoman?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)