|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter's 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is frightened of the water in Acapulco?
2. What topic does Zoila complain to Inocencio about?
(a) Never going anywhere.
(b) Leaving dirty clothes on the floor.
(c) Not making enough money.
(d) Wanting a bigger house.
3. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
(a) Being blonde and light-skinned.
(b) Giving fancy parties.
(c) Having a brick house.
(d) Owning a tuxedo.
4. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
(c) intellectual stimulation.
5. Why does the Awful Grandmother think that Celaya's father should give the item in #25 to her and not to Celaya?
(a) She understands the value of the item.
(b) She goes out more.
(c) She is old enough to drive.
(d) She likes to dress up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Awful Grandmother call Celaya and her cousins when they are all in the house?
2. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
3. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
4. Whose birthday does the Grandmother make arrangements to celebrate?
5. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)