|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter's 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to run rampant in the community?
(a) Drug use.
(d) Sexual abuse.
2. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She got a better paying job.
(b) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
(c) She wants to go to college.
(d) She has to finish high school.
3. What is the narrator staring at as the story opens?
(a) A picture.
(b) A TV.
(c) A book.
(d) A sunset.
4. Who owns the house in Acapulco?
5. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is like a mother to her.
(b) She is an intrusion in their lives.
(c) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(d) She is her inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
2. Who did the narrator's family travel to see on its annual trips?
3. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
4. Who is married to Uncle Fat Face?
5. Why is the Grandmother rude to the townspeople while on vacation?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)