|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter's 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Awful Grandmother generally treat Celaya?
(a) She coddles her.
(b) She indulges her.
(c) She insults her.
(d) She delights in her.
2. Why is Candelaria removed from the Awful Grandmother's house?
(a) She wants to go to college.
(b) She got a better paying job.
(c) Her mother doesn't want her to be abused.
(d) She has to finish high school.
3. How does the Grandfather generally treat Celaya?
(a) He is kind to her.
(b) He insults her.
(c) He tolerates her.
(d) He ignores her.
4. What does Celaya's mother say about the Grandmother?
(a) She is like a mother to her.
(b) She is her inspiration.
(c) She is the glue that keeps the family together.
(d) She is an intrusion in their lives.
5. Which of Celaya's cousins seems to always get upset at the family gatherings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Candelaria made a ____________ for Celaya that falls into the water.
2. What is a symbol of class and better breeding in Mexico?
3. To what country did the narrator's family make an annual trip?
4. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
5. What seems to run rampant in the community?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)