|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
(b) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
(c) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
(d) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
2. How does Celaya say that stories get altered?
(a) They ask new people to make changes.
(b) They intentionally change them.
(c) People forget to tell them things.
(d) Too much time passes between story tellings.
3. What is a chillona?
(a) A crybaby.
(b) A wimp.
(c) A tattletale.
(d) A hero.
4. Why is Candelaria invited to go on the trip?
(a) To cook for the family.
(b) To clean the hotel rooms.
(c) To help with the driving.
(d) To care for the children.
5. What does Celaya's mother do when she jumps out of the car?
(a) Hails a cab.
(b) Flags down a policeman.
(c) Finds a phone booth.
(d) Runs as fast as she can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Narciso's household?
2. Where did Soledad sleep in Narciso's house?
3. What did Soledad accidentally call Narciso when they first met?
4. What do the children wear at the beach to protect their skin?
5. How had Eleuterio's father forced him to do the right thing?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)