|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every year Celaya forgets about the stark differences in ______________ in the U.S. and Mexico.
(a) the climate.
(b) the music.
(c) the scenery.
(d) the food.
2. What is Narciso's interest in Soledad at this point?
(a) He thinks she is a pest.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He thinks she is a cute kid.
(d) He uses her for sex.
3. Where is Candelaria left while on the family trip?
(a) A bus station.
(b) An airport.
(c) An ocean town.
(d) A hotel.
4. How does Candelaria return home?
(a) A bus.
(b) A plane.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
5. Why does Soledad want her baby to be a boy?
(a) So that she can raise a good man for the world.
(b) So she can love him the way the Virgin Mary loved Jesus.
(c) So he won't have the pain a woman has in life.
(d) So Narciso will be pleased with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "gente adinerada"?
2. The Grandmother is perpetually hungry for _______________.
3. Who is Celaya's father?
4. What does the Reyes family do at first when Soledad gets pregnant?
5. Who is the daughter of the washerwoman?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)